(Topic ID: 161029)

Champion Pub Club - Come on in & pound a few...

By Stebel

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 592 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by CelticKnot
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1141 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3012 (resized).jpg
20240302_094944 (resized).jpg
20240129_203222~2[1] (resized).JPG
20240129_203206~2[1] (resized).JPG
20240129_203151~2[1] (resized).JPG
407337220_1402737207294497_1793344920108833970_n (resized).jpg
407237287_2109037179449838_4787912479427179026_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2805 (resized).png
IMG-2380 (resized).jpg
IMG-2381 (resized).jpg
IMG-2379 (resized).jpg
cp1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5780 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5750 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5781 (resized).jpeg
There are 592 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
#351 3 years ago
Quoted from PStudart:

Scroat, where did you buy these three decals? Looks very good.

What three decals are you referring to? The back panel decal is just a single sticker. The other two decorative pieces near the speed bag and jump rope are plastics and there is a sticker around the jump rope.

Back panel decal came from here:

https://treasurecovepinball.com/Library/decals/champion-pub/champion-pub.htm

#352 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Yes... please do tell.
Thanks!
Kerry

#353 3 years ago

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/champion-pub

The side blades look great too. I haven't done the back panel because it looks quite a bit of work!

I think I have just bout everything to recreate that topper...pretty awesome!

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

think I have just bout everything to recreate that topper...pretty awesome!

If you want to take it on, PM me. I will be happy to help anyway I can. Its not for the faint of Heart!

#355 3 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

What three decals are you referring to? The back panel decal is just a single sticker. The other two decorative pieces near the speed bag and jump rope are plastics and there is a sticker around the jump rope.

I was mentioning the backpanel decal and the floor decals at speed bag and jump rope. Thanks!

#356 3 years ago

Scroat... I do prefer TC backbox decal bcuz it has the gold trim line on top.

Also, the floor decals at TC (jump rope & punch bag) are really nice too!

Thanks again
Kerry

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from PStudart:

I was mentioning the backpanel decal and the floor decals at speed bag and jump rope. Thanks!

I ordered the floor decals from there too, and took them to a sign shop to have multiple duplicates made on vinyl stickers, so now I have plenty of replacements should I need them.

#359 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/champion-pub
The side blades look great too. I haven't done the back panel because it looks quite a bit of work!
I think I have just bout everything to recreate that topper...pretty awesome!

The back panel decal was easier than I expected. just take it slow and steady and take lots of pictures. I have the side blades from tilt coming this week.

#360 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

If you want to take it on, PM me. I will be happy to help anyway I can. Its not for the faint of Heart!

Thank you! I'll definitely hit you up if I ever get a round to it!

Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

"Designed to fit a Stern Pinball game"

1 week later
#361 3 years ago

So how many of you guys use the post to hit the jabs to knock out your boxer? And do you know how to cheat to knock out your boxer? And finally, do you think it’s cheating to use the post to hit the jabs?

#362 3 years ago

Oh and one more, have any of you guys ever knocked out all of the boxers by using the post to hit the jabs?

#363 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Oh and one more, have any of you guys ever knocked out all of the boxers by using the post to hit the jabs?

yes, I have streamed this a couple of times (YouTube - pinball Mayhem & Twitch Pinball_Mayhem_Jeremy). Using the ball saver post is a great technique to hit jabs and light knock out - then hit smart punch for a Knock Out. On my machine I have the boxers set tougher and the ball save post set to shorter. I don't have them set to super tough but tougher than standard.

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

yes, I have streamed this a couple of times (YouTube - pinball Mayhem & Twitch Pinball_Mayhem_Jeremy). Using the ball saver post is a great technique to hit jabs and light knock out - then hit smart punch for a Knock Out. On my machine I have the boxers set tougher and the ball save post set to shorter. I don't have them set to super tough but tougher than standard.

So I understand your position as being: Yes you use the post, and yes you know how to cheat by using Smart Punch once you hit both Jabs with the post. I am assuming you do not think it is cheating to use the Smart Punch. Are you also saying you have knocked out all the Boxers? Did you do it with the Smart Punch Knock Out for all of them?

#365 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

So I understand your position as being: Yes you use the post, and yes you know how to cheat by using Smart Punch once you hit both Jabs with the post. I am assuming you do not think it is cheating to use the Smart Punch. Are you also saying you have knocked out all the Boxers? Did you do it with the Smart Punch Knock Out for all of them?

While I haven't knocked them all out - after the first knock out (which takes 2 jabs) the next knock out takes 3 jabs (and so on). When the boxers are set to tougher and the post is set to shorter it is almost impossible to use the post for more than 2 jabs as your opponent has knocked you silly and the post is down. And it is not cheating. It is a risk/reward shot. I also use the post for shadow boxing from the skill shot. I can normally get about 3 jabs before the post goes down.

#366 3 years ago

One of the things I like best about CP is you can “taylor make“ the rules to customize the game, especially when playing others. You give other players that have less pinball skills a handicap. There are also strategy's You Can use to get you into the money rounds. CP is only pinball machine where you can finish a game with no points.

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

One of the things I like best about CP is you can “taylor make“ the rules to customize the game, especially when playing others. You give other players that have less pinball skills a handicap. There are also strategy's You Can use to get you into the money rounds. CP is only pinball machine where you can finish a game with no points.

Agreed. I’ve been saying it for a while. There are several videos of this game on YouTube and they all play the game differently!

#368 3 years ago

Here's a 20 min game on The Champion Pub where I wager points. Might be useful for those whom haven't played or own a CP.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/631662906?filter=highlights&sort=time

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#369 3 years ago

You can wager points with the latest version of software?

#370 3 years ago

Picked one up yesterday.

20200610_212746 (resized).jpg20200610_212746 (resized).jpg
#371 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Picked one up yesterday. [quoted image]

Welcome to the pub

#372 3 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

I believe it is in every version of software but I have not checked. You can wager after you have beaten 4 boxers.

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

The real fun doesn't start til you can wager. But watch out, you might finish with no points!

#374 3 years ago

How do you trigger the wagering process? Is it hard to miss? I've done it before, but not since I upgraded my rom version.

I remember the game stopping to prompt for a wager?

#375 3 years ago

I just played and it did not ask me to wager before the pub champ fight.

Is wagering not a factory setting for version 1.6?

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

How do you trigger the wagering process? Is it hard to miss? I've done it before, but not since I upgraded my rom version.
I remember the game stopping to prompt for a wager?

I believe you have to get past pub champion (this is not the wizard mode). Then it's wagering when you start a fight and picking you boxer to fight against.

#377 3 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

I believe you have to get past pub champion (this is not the wizard mode). Then it's wagering when you start a fight and picking you boxer to fight against.

Once you become Pub Champion and get all the jewels, The next fight can be a Wager fight.

#378 3 years ago

Thanks for the info guys.

Quoted from whthrs166:

Once you become Pub Champion and get all the jewels, The next fight can be a Wager fight.

So there's no wagering for the pub champ fight then?

(I've enabled "special mode" in the game adjustments. I have no idea what that does.)

#379 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

You can become pub champion without getting all the jewels. You must be Pub Champion to Wager fight. Getting all the jewels gets you to the ultimate challenge. Below taken from Planetary pinball rules sheet https://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/games/pub/rules.html

Ultimate Challenge

To start this mode three conditions have to be met:

You must be Pub Champ
Have all the jewels in the belt
Have a full Life Bar

#380 3 years ago

Thanks! Makes sense now.

1 week later
#381 3 years ago

My Pubs right sling and right inlane lights are out. Don't have the manual. Where should I check?

#382 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My Pubs right sling and right inlane lights are out. Don't have the manual. Where should I check?

wiring, sockets

1 month later
1 month later
#384 3 years ago

What am I doing wrong on the extra balls max set to 1? Even if I only put it for one it will give me more?

1 month later
#385 3 years ago

Does anyone have the service manual they can email me or where to download a pdf? I have a couple switches that are showing errors and I don't know where they are located at.

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from silverbearss:

Does anyone have the service manual they can email me or where to download a pdf? I have a couple switches that are showing errors and I don't know where they are located at.

Internet Pinball Database. Make sure you enter the game name correctly. "The Champion Pub" Scroll down to Manual and it will be the larger file. You can either download it or just find the page you need.

#387 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Internet Pinball Database. Make sure you enter the game name correctly. "The Champion Pub" Scroll down to Manual and it will be the larger file. You can either download it or just find the page you need.

Thank you for the quick response!

1 month later
#388 3 years ago

Hello! I have a couple issues with my game.

1) Jump rope motor takes 2 cold boots to stop spinning during the cold boot testing. Might keep spinning during a game too. Bad transistor? Thought? The jump rope opto tests just fine.

2) The lock post (that locks the 3 balls) is turning my game into a paperweight. It will not release the balls properly. The mech seems fine, but a 26-1500 coil is installed instead of a ae-27-1200 that is specified in the manual. My game is pitched at around 6.5 degrees, and the 3 lock switches test properly. The lock post doesn't stay down long enough to release the balls properly it seems. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your time!

#389 3 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Hello! I have a couple issues with my game.
1) Jump rope motor takes 2 cold boots to stop spinning during the cold boot testing. Might keep spinning during a game too. Bad transistor? Thought? The jump rope opto tests just fine.
2) The lock post (that locks the 3 balls) is turning my game into a paperweight. It will not release the balls properly. The mech seems fine, but a 26-1500 coil is installed instead of a ae-27-1200 that is specified in the manual. My game is pitched at around 6.5 degrees, and the 3 lock switches test properly. The lock post doesn't stay down long enough to release the balls properly it seems. Thoughts?
Thanks in advance for your time!

Does the jump rope motor keep spinning if you repeatedly do the motor test? Transistor could be bad. You could test a couple of ways - by seeing with a meter if the game is commanding it on when it is acting up. Or grounding out the transistor repeatedly and seeing if it sticks on.

On the ball lock you may be able to get the plunger to stay down longer if you tweak the switch wire. Perhaps the switches are turning off too soon?

#390 3 years ago

My edit didn't post from my phone. Bummer. I think I found the issue with the #1 issue. The lighted cointaker topper tapped into J141, which powers the jump rope motor! Once I unplugged the topper, the game cold booted fine 4 times. I also noticed that the jump rope spins faster now during a game. The interesting thing is that the piggy-back connector on j141 appears to be professionally made (for the topper). Seems like the topper company and the previous owner really thought it was OK to power the topper this way? Hm.

Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

On the ball lock you may be able to get the plunger to stay down longer if you tweak the switch wire. Perhaps the switches are turning off too soon?

I see! So you are saying that the post comes down, and comes up not based on a millisecond timing, but based on the switch being released? Interesting. In this case, I would have to make my switch wires taller, right? Thanks for your suggestion (and your time).

#391 3 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

I see! So you are saying that the post comes down, and comes up not based on a millisecond timing, but based on the switch being released? Interesting. In this case, I would have to make my switch wires taller, right? Thanks for your suggestion (and your time).

That's my theory

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

That's my theory

It was a good theory, but it's false. The post is entirely governed by timing.

I think I found my issue. My damn balls are magnetized!!!!!!!

F me.

#393 3 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

It was a good theory, but it's false. The post is entirely governed by timing.
I think I found my issue. My damn balls are magnetized!!!!!!!
F me.

WOW! Thank you for the information.

#394 3 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

WOW! Thank you for the information.

Sure thing! I don't have other games with a huge magnet like the one used for the CP jump rope. Truth is, I should have thought about magnetism sooner! I spent months pondering why that damn lock post was not working properly!

Another symptom is the balls will stick in the ball trough and the game won't be able to serve a ball.

Again, obvious now.

1 week later
#395 3 years ago

I've just uploaded my review on this fantastic game

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

I've just uploaded my review on this fantastic game

I was waiting for you to catch the Bar Fly! What? No Knock out? Hit your jabs off the post so you can knock out your boxer. Danger Zone Enabled? There is a lot more to this game than meets the eye!

#397 3 years ago
1 month later
#398 3 years ago

Hey all, we noticed many decals were out of stock all over the internet. Just wanted to give y'all first dibs on a few NOS decals for you to pick up on our site! Here are some pictures of what we added.

CP_Bar_Decal (resized).jpgCP_Bar_Decal (resized).jpgCP_Bar_Decal1 (resized).jpgCP_Bar_Decal1 (resized).jpgCP_Bar_Decal2 (resized).jpgCP_Bar_Decal2 (resized).jpgCP_Bar_Decal3 (resized).jpgCP_Bar_Decal3 (resized).jpg
#399 3 years ago

Hey everyone, new to club. Just picked up CP a week ago. Great shape. Only issue is boxers right arm not working. Arms in good shape. Switch triggers when lifting arm. Guessing wiring and gonna dig into it this week. May be back for a question on that.

Meanwhile, maybe a dumb question, but I can't get volume below 8. Is there a setting that keeps volume from going too low? I've heard of keeping it from being too high but not low.

Any help is appreciated. Great pin. And it does attract even those not that crazy about pinball. Brilliant pin!

Thanks!

#400 3 years ago
Quoted from RoboBot:

Meanwhile, maybe a dumb question, but I can't get volume below 8. Is there a setting that keeps volume from going too low? I've heard of keeping it from being too high but not low.

Any help is appreciated. Great pin. And it does attract even those not that crazy about pinball. Brilliant pin!

Thanks!

Yes there is a setting for that. Just grab the manual it is in there I just can't remember which one. If you don't have a manual go to IPD and search the Champion Pub. drop down to manual and you can look it up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Carrollton, TX
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

There are 592 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/champion-pub-club-come-on-in-pound-a-few/page/8?hl=robobot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.