(Topic ID: 161029)

Champion Pub Club - Come on in & pound a few...

By Stebel

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 382 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by cad-kid
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 159 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200610_212746 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
A3A94081-C84B-4464-B978-F12B92503A1D (resized).jpeg
F5D324D1-E2F1-451A-B15B-9B3217A00307 (resized).jpeg
3F244992-8E25-4652-AD71-8B9F24C1046B (resized).jpeg
1610E2C7-5979-43BF-B025-E85FF7EAEF4F (resized).jpeg
021495A2-052B-4109-BEA1-0E2B1F66516A (resized).jpeg
A636E234-A2C9-448D-A2A6-CED350621F81 (resized).jpeg
C59102F5-07A1-440B-A201-11F64BF6024F (resized).jpeg
3E246019-B1C0-4EFA-8B9D-43613979311B (resized).jpeg
20200105_104458 (resized).jpg
20200105_104447 (resized).jpg
20200101_142549 (resized).jpg
Pub (resized).png
20191226_174742 (resized).jpg
EAED8355-C915-422C-AFDB-00559F6C7C5E (resized).jpeg

There are 382 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 47 days ago
Quoted from PStudart:

Scroat, where did you buy these three decals? Looks very good.

What three decals are you referring to? The back panel decal is just a single sticker. The other two decorative pieces near the speed bag and jump rope are plastics and there is a sticker around the jump rope.

Back panel decal came from here:

https://treasurecovepinball.com/Library/decals/champion-pub/champion-pub.htm

#352 47 days ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Yes... please do tell.
Thanks!
Kerry

#353 47 days ago

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/champion-pub

The side blades look great too. I haven't done the back panel because it looks quite a bit of work!

I think I have just bout everything to recreate that topper...pretty awesome!

#354 47 days ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

think I have just bout everything to recreate that topper...pretty awesome!

If you want to take it on, PM me. I will be happy to help anyway I can. Its not for the faint of Heart!

#355 47 days ago
Quoted from Scroat:

What three decals are you referring to? The back panel decal is just a single sticker. The other two decorative pieces near the speed bag and jump rope are plastics and there is a sticker around the jump rope.

I was mentioning the backpanel decal and the floor decals at speed bag and jump rope. Thanks!

#356 47 days ago

Scroat... I do prefer TC backbox decal bcuz it has the gold trim line on top.

Also, the floor decals at TC (jump rope & punch bag) are really nice too!

Thanks again
Kerry

#358 46 days ago
Quoted from PStudart:

I was mentioning the backpanel decal and the floor decals at speed bag and jump rope. Thanks!

I ordered the floor decals from there too, and took them to a sign shop to have multiple duplicates made on vinyl stickers, so now I have plenty of replacements should I need them.

#359 46 days ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/champion-pub
The side blades look great too. I haven't done the back panel because it looks quite a bit of work!
I think I have just bout everything to recreate that topper...pretty awesome!

The back panel decal was easier than I expected. just take it slow and steady and take lots of pictures. I have the side blades from tilt coming this week.

#360 46 days ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

If you want to take it on, PM me. I will be happy to help anyway I can. Its not for the faint of Heart!

Thank you! I'll definitely hit you up if I ever get a round to it!

Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

"Designed to fit a Stern Pinball game"

1 week later
#361 35 days ago

So how many of you guys use the post to hit the jabs to knock out your boxer? And do you know how to cheat to knock out your boxer? And finally, do you think it’s cheating to use the post to hit the jabs?

#362 35 days ago

Oh and one more, have any of you guys ever knocked out all of the boxers by using the post to hit the jabs?

#363 34 days ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Oh and one more, have any of you guys ever knocked out all of the boxers by using the post to hit the jabs?

yes, I have streamed this a couple of times (YouTube - pinball Mayhem & Twitch Pinball_Mayhem_Jeremy). Using the ball saver post is a great technique to hit jabs and light knock out - then hit smart punch for a Knock Out. On my machine I have the boxers set tougher and the ball save post set to shorter. I don't have them set to super tough but tougher than standard.

#364 34 days ago
Quoted from cad-kid:

yes, I have streamed this a couple of times (YouTube - pinball Mayhem & Twitch Pinball_Mayhem_Jeremy). Using the ball saver post is a great technique to hit jabs and light knock out - then hit smart punch for a Knock Out. On my machine I have the boxers set tougher and the ball save post set to shorter. I don't have them set to super tough but tougher than standard.

So I understand your position as being: Yes you use the post, and yes you know how to cheat by using Smart Punch once you hit both Jabs with the post. I am assuming you do not think it is cheating to use the Smart Punch. Are you also saying you have knocked out all the Boxers? Did you do it with the Smart Punch Knock Out for all of them?

#365 34 days ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

So I understand your position as being: Yes you use the post, and yes you know how to cheat by using Smart Punch once you hit both Jabs with the post. I am assuming you do not think it is cheating to use the Smart Punch. Are you also saying you have knocked out all the Boxers? Did you do it with the Smart Punch Knock Out for all of them?

While I haven't knocked them all out - after the first knock out (which takes 2 jabs) the next knock out takes 3 jabs (and so on). When the boxers are set to tougher and the post is set to shorter it is almost impossible to use the post for more than 2 jabs as your opponent has knocked you silly and the post is down. And it is not cheating. It is a risk/reward shot. I also use the post for shadow boxing from the skill shot. I can normally get about 3 jabs before the post goes down.

#366 34 days ago

One of the things I like best about CP is you can “taylor make“ the rules to customize the game, especially when playing others. You give other players that have less pinball skills a handicap. There are also strategy's You Can use to get you into the money rounds. CP is only pinball machine where you can finish a game with no points.

#367 34 days ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

One of the things I like best about CP is you can “taylor make“ the rules to customize the game, especially when playing others. You give other players that have less pinball skills a handicap. There are also strategy's You Can use to get you into the money rounds. CP is only pinball machine where you can finish a game with no points.

Agreed. I’ve been saying it for a while. There are several videos of this game on YouTube and they all play the game differently!

#368 33 days ago

Here's a 20 min game on The Champion Pub where I wager points. Might be useful for those whom haven't played or own a CP.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/631662906?filter=highlights&sort=time

2 (resized).jpg
#369 30 days ago

You can wager points with the latest version of software?

#370 30 days ago

Picked one up yesterday.

20200610_212746 (resized).jpg
#371 30 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Picked one up yesterday. [quoted image]

Welcome to the pub

#372 30 days ago
Quoted from Bendit:

I believe it is in every version of software but I have not checked. You can wager after you have beaten 4 boxers.

#373 30 days ago
Quoted from Bendit:

The real fun doesn't start til you can wager. But watch out, you might finish with no points!

#374 28 days ago

How do you trigger the wagering process? Is it hard to miss? I've done it before, but not since I upgraded my rom version.

I remember the game stopping to prompt for a wager?

#375 27 days ago

I just played and it did not ask me to wager before the pub champ fight.

Is wagering not a factory setting for version 1.6?

#376 26 days ago
Quoted from Bendit:

How do you trigger the wagering process? Is it hard to miss? I've done it before, but not since I upgraded my rom version.
I remember the game stopping to prompt for a wager?

I believe you have to get past pub champion (this is not the wizard mode). Then it's wagering when you start a fight and picking you boxer to fight against.

#377 26 days ago
Quoted from cad-kid:

I believe you have to get past pub champion (this is not the wizard mode). Then it's wagering when you start a fight and picking you boxer to fight against.

Once you become Pub Champion and get all the jewels, The next fight can be a Wager fight.

#378 26 days ago

Thanks for the info guys.

Quoted from whthrs166:

Once you become Pub Champion and get all the jewels, The next fight can be a Wager fight.

So there's no wagering for the pub champ fight then?

(I've enabled "special mode" in the game adjustments. I have no idea what that does.)

#379 25 days ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

You can become pub champion without getting all the jewels. You must be Pub Champion to Wager fight. Getting all the jewels gets you to the ultimate challenge. Below taken from Planetary pinball rules sheet https://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/games/pub/rules.html

Ultimate Challenge

To start this mode three conditions have to be met:

You must be Pub Champ
Have all the jewels in the belt
Have a full Life Bar

#380 25 days ago

Thanks! Makes sense now.

1 week later
#381 11 days ago

My Pubs right sling and right inlane lights are out. Don't have the manual. Where should I check?

#382 11 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My Pubs right sling and right inlane lights are out. Don't have the manual. Where should I check?

wiring, sockets

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Machine - For Sale
Edmond, OK
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
There are 382 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside