(Topic ID: 161029)

Champion Pub Club - Come on in & pound a few...

By Stebel

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 335 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Pinballer22
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 149 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200105_104458 (resized).jpg
20200105_104447 (resized).jpg
20200101_142549 (resized).jpg
Pub (resized).png
20191226_174742 (resized).jpg
EAED8355-C915-422C-AFDB-00559F6C7C5E (resized).jpeg
7380CF11-728E-45AD-ADCF-256466E71EDF (resized).jpeg
58B5C928-CD7F-4E47-8693-C2BDCCDEE4EA (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190805_194443 (resized).jpg
690B7B67-7971-4D66-844A-A5C259BDA2FE (resized).jpeg
CP ColorDMD (resized).jpg
20190617_114202 (resized).jpg
20190617_114204 (resized).jpg
20190617_084057 (resized).jpg
20190617_084053 (resized).jpg
322D94E0-BF19-401C-B3B8-D9702FDEB3BF (resized).jpeg

There are 335 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 79 days ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Has anyone bought green punch ramps from Ministry of Pinball? I am curious if they are built to original specs. (not painted) The ones that little shop have are painted. They look terrible when you light them up. Blotchy, blobby with cracks of light. The original ones are green plastic.

I think pinball inc. has them original

#302 78 days ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

When the game is switched on the jump rope spins so the game can look for the optos. Once it sees them, the jump rope will park. If the jump rope just keeps spinning, then the game is not seeing the optos change state. It sounds like your rope opto is going bad. Fortunately it is a cheap fix. Marco has the opto for that board. Part number 5490-14327-00. You will have to remove the jump rope assembly to get the board out. It is really small. Text me if you need help with that.

Thanks! I will attempt to clean the opto first. I wouldn't have guessed that it's trying to trigger the opto with the rope. Nice. Thanks!

#303 78 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I think pinball inc. has them original

I never thought of that, but then again James supplies Marco too. But he is probably cheaper.

#304 78 days ago

So I finished off my Champion Pub with a topper and a brass coin door to go with my armor.

7380CF11-728E-45AD-ADCF-256466E71EDF (resized).jpegEAED8355-C915-422C-AFDB-00559F6C7C5E (resized).jpeg
#305 78 days ago

I have an upgrade Coming soon for the topper to increase the movement of the boxer. Right now I am using a CV motor for the boxer. I have acquired a box motor
(Thanks to Dan) so hopefully I can gain full rotation of the Topper boxer.

#307 78 days ago

Wow that's awesome!

#308 73 days ago

I am still looking for a boxer gear/motor in any condition. (even if it doesn't work) PM me if you have one you can part with.

1 week later
#309 64 days ago

Truly amazing topper. Great job.

1 week later
#310 56 days ago
Quoted from grunties:

Truly amazing topper. Great job.

Thanks, It's not cost effective for most. If I can score a Boxer motor, I can get the topper boxer to Mirror the boxer in the game. The motor I have has a broken gear otherwise it's good to go.

#311 55 days ago

Does anyone have a used set of arms they want to sell? I broke the right arm and don't want to buy a new set (it looks like you have to buy the two arms together). Thanks!

#312 55 days ago

Question for other owners. When I turn on both pubs if the boxer is at home position the motor tries to move past home and almost grinds the motor a bit and then gives up and moves back to home. Does yours do this ?

Guessing it wants to test the opto like it does on the jump rope on boot.

#313 53 days ago

Has anyone had to alter new boxer arms?

I just got a pair from Marco and I cannot for the life of me get the new plastic arm on the protruding motor axel. It just does not fit. I’ve begun to file and shave but it’s not going well...

#314 52 days ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

I just got a pair from Marco and I cannot for the life of me get the new plastic arm on the protruding motor axel. It just does not fit. I’ve begun to file and shave but it’s not going well...

Yes earlier in this thread I made a tool to pull the boxer arm onto the body. I put up a pic of it. You can also heat up the arm.

#315 52 days ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Guessing it wants to test the opto like it does on the jump rope on boot.

Yes this normal. The game looks for bagpole center.

3 weeks later
#316 27 days ago

Just joined the club. Traded my WhiteWater for this and some cash. Things loaded with non-ghosting LEDs, Color DMD, Invisiglass, and PinShaker premium. The pinshaker on this thing is nice. It needs a shop job but everything works. I don't know if I'm going to just throw on white rubbers or get some colored ones. I am also looking at a trough light but don't think one would work well on a backboard here. Anything else I should order in the shopout package? Very different game so far.

20191226_174742 (resized).jpg
#317 27 days ago

Welcome to the club. I like titan dark green rubber for the slings on mine.

#318 22 days ago

How do you take apart the boxer? I got the top off and have adjusted the heavy bag so it registers hits now, but now I can't get anything from my boxer outside of test mode, even with a direct hit. I'd like to take him apart and clean/adjust the switches, but it's not obvious and I didn't see it in the manual. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Long story short... how do you take the boxer apart, or at least to where I can adjust the switches within.

I'm on my second order with Titan and once I know the exact sizes for sure will post a rubber list for those who want it.

Loving the machine!

#319 22 days ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

How do you take apart the boxer? I got the top off and have adjusted the heavy bag so it registers hits now, but now I can't get anything from my boxer outside of test mode, even with a direct hit. I'd like to take him apart and clean/adjust the switches, but it's not obvious and I didn't see it in the manual. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Long story short... how do you take the boxer apart, or at least to where I can adjust the switches within.
I'm on my second order with Titan and once I know the exact sizes for sure will post a rubber list for those who want it.
Loving the machine!

Just answered my own question... at least it looks easy... sigh...

Pub (resized).png
#320 21 days ago

Just joined the club. T

Mirror Blades are awesome for this title (being a gym) Treasure Cove will make you a backboard decal. Get a jump rope floor from Little Shop of Games. I used an LED strip from Cointaker for the trough lite. Is your Danger Zone enabled? If not you should try and pick up a switch gate for that.

#321 21 days ago

Holy cow that head is hard to get back on. Adjusted the switches and now every hit registers, but the belly shots register twice per hit now so I guess I need to make it less sensitive. Not shocking but got the High Score #1 on the first try after having the ability to hit his belly turned back on... Anyone repaint their figure?

20200101_142549 (resized).jpg
#322 21 days ago

. Anyone repaint their figure?

Those arms will clean up with Alcohol. Pinball Spare Parts has boxer parts if you need to replace anything.

#323 21 days ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Get a jump rope floor from Little Shop of Games.

Do you have a link or description? I couldn’t find anything in their site.

#324 21 days ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Do you have a link or description? I couldn’t find anything in their site.

I checked this morning they are sold out. Also Pinball Decals and PSPA.

#325 21 days ago

Holy cow that head is hard to get back on. Adjusted the switches and now every hit registers, but the belly shots register twice per hit now so I guess I need to make it less sensitive. Not shocking but got the High Score #1 on the first try after having the ability to hit his belly turned back on... Anyone repaint their figure?[quoted image]

Belly shots can take down more health depending on game settings. At least that's what I'm thinking as I read this

#326 21 days ago
Quoted from cad-kid:

Belly shots can take down more health depending on game settings. At least that's what I'm thinking as I read this

I think what is happening is that I have it so sensitive a belly shot hits and bounces back and then hits again... I just have to ... grr... take it apart again and bend the prongs back a little more.

#327 20 days ago

I think what is happening is that I have it so sensitive a belly shot hits and bounces back and then hits again... I just have to ... grr... take it apart again and bend the prongs back a little more.

The other thing that can cause this on those leaf switches is that if the switch has a bounce pad and the pad is worn out or missing, then it will cause the switch so vibrate when it is hit. That will register as multiple hits. The one on the speed bag is especially prone to this issue and will render it inoperable.

#328 18 days ago

Went with the clear titans. Thinking about adding some more lighting. Playfield touchup isnt perfect, but is covered in a new mylar square so when I get better at this I can make it perfect.

20200105_104447 (resized).jpg20200105_104458 (resized).jpg
#329 18 days ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

Does anyone have a used set of arms they want to sell? I broke the right arm and don't want to buy a new set (it looks like you have to buy the two arms together). Thanks!

Bump...

1 week later
#330 9 days ago

anybody ever make insert decals for this game?

#331 7 days ago

Anyone running pinsound in theirs?

#332 5 days ago
Quoted from goggleloy:

Anyone running pinsound in theirs?

I am, without the wpc95 board entirely. With the original mix.

#333 4 hours ago

Quick question...anyone know off hand if all the spotlights on cp are flashers?

#334 4 hours ago

I will say they are all 906 bulbs. The software dims them also

#335 4 hours ago

Cool, thought so. Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 335 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside