(Topic ID: 161029)

Champion Pub Club - Come on in & pound a few...

By Stebel

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1141 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3012 (resized).jpg
20240302_094944 (resized).jpg
20240129_203222~2[1] (resized).JPG
20240129_203206~2[1] (resized).JPG
20240129_203151~2[1] (resized).JPG
407337220_1402737207294497_1793344920108833970_n (resized).jpg
407237287_2109037179449838_4787912479427179026_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2805 (resized).png
IMG-2380 (resized).jpg
IMG-2381 (resized).jpg
IMG-2379 (resized).jpg
cp1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5780 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5750 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5781 (resized).jpeg
There are 623 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.
#601 43 days ago

That’s a no for me.

Quoted from Nintegageo:People using green LEDs for GI rather than a cool white.
[quoted image]

3 weeks later
#602 19 days ago

I saw a couple posts in this topic a year or so back about the jump rope endlessly spinning. Mine did that for a while, then fixed itself magically (could have had something to do with the fact that I was in the cabinet for about a month straight doing work and something I did unintentionally fixed it). Great.

However, it just started doing it again last night. Haven't had a chance to pop the glass and poke around, but for those who have had this problem, did cleaning the optos resolve the issue for y'all?

#603 19 days ago
Quoted from CelticKnot:

I saw a couple posts in this topic a year or so back about the jump rope endlessly spinning. Mine did that for a while, then fixed itself magically (could have had something to do with the fact that I was in the cabinet for about a month straight doing work and something I did unintentionally fixed it). Great.
However, it just started doing it again last night. Haven't had a chance to pop the glass and poke around, but for those who have had this problem, did cleaning the optos resolve the issue for y'all?

Have you checked the Ribbon cable from cpu to driver board? Reseat it and look for areas where it might be getting pinched. Check the coin door power plug too to see if getting pinched or is loose from the connection.
Sometimes factory reset with fix the issue as well.

#604 19 days ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Have you checked the Ribbon cable from cpu to driver board? Reseat it and look for areas where it might be getting pinched. Check the coin door power plug too to see if getting pinched or is loose from the connection.
Sometimes factory reset with fix the issue as well.

Thanks for the input, @green-machine. Will give all that a shot when I get home tonight.

#605 19 days ago
Quoted from CelticKnot:

Thanks for the input, @green-machine. Will give all that a shot when I get home tonight.

Hope it helps. You may have to dive deeper if this doesn’t resolve the spinning. It could be opto as well. Check the wiring to it to make sure there isn’t any damage or bad solder.

#606 18 days ago

Hope it helps. You may have to dive deeper if this doesn’t resolve the spinning. It could be opto as well. Check the wiring to it to make sure there isn’t any damage or bad solder.

Well, I opened up the backbox and cabinet and reseated the ribbon cable CPU to power driver board. It was already firmly seated but never hurts. I am not sure what you mean by coin door power plug, so I just made sure all connectors on the coin door board were seated well. I also took a Q-tip and wiped down the optos. On next play, the jump rope behaved normally. So it could be any of those things.

Thanks for the advice; I'll jot those steps down in my notes for the game.

#607 18 days ago
Quoted from CelticKnot:

Well, I opened up the backbox and cabinet and reseated the ribbon cable CPU to power driver board. It was already firmly seated but never hurts. I am not sure what you mean by coin door power plug, so I just made sure all connectors on the coin door board were seated well. I also took a Q-tip and wiped down the optos. On next play, the jump rope behaved normally. So it could be any of those things.
Thanks for the advice; I'll jot those steps down in my notes for the game.

Awesome great to hear! I always try the easy stuff first. It’s usually something cut and dry. Unfortunately it’s not always that simple

2 weeks later
#608 3 days ago

brand new member here!!!! so excited to get into this game and figure out this whole danger zone thing!!!!!! such a small group with such a small thread for what I think is a truly awesome and unique game!

#609 3 days ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

brand new member here!!!! so excited to get into this game and figure out this whole danger zone thing!!!!!! such a small group with such a small thread for what I think is a truly awesome and unique game!

Welcome to the club!

#610 3 days ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

brand new member here!!!!

Welcome! It's a great game.

Are you planning on building your own danger zone gate/switch?

#611 3 days ago
Quoted from CelticKnot:

Welcome! It's a great game.
Are you planning on building your own danger zone gate/switch?

i have started to scour the internet on that exact thing, i would super love to just purchase one or purchase something similar and tweak it a little bit? any ideas or help you can offer me?

#612 2 days ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

any ideas or help you can offer me?

Grab a whiskey or cup of coffee (or both) and take a read back through this thread. There are a few sections of posts where people discuss this. Once upon a time I believe there was an online source for the switch, but that dried up several years back. Nowadays people seem to modify existing switches. I personally haven't done it myself but once I get a couple other projects on my CP tackled, I'll probably try it.

#613 2 days ago
Quoted from CelticKnot:

Grab a whiskey or cup of coffee (or both) and take a read back through this thread. There are a few sections of posts where people discuss this. Once upon a time I believe there was an online source for the switch, but that dried up several years back. Nowadays people seem to modify existing switches. I personally haven't done it myself but once I get a couple other projects on my CP tackled, I'll probably try it.

ya i was reading through a bunch of those as well. and ohhhhhh what other projects?????

#614 2 days ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

and ohhhhhh what other projects?????

I've done a lot to my game already, but now it's generally in good working order and I've done mostly playing now instead of shopping. I did some major boxer repair, flipper repair, redid the whole game with Comet SMDs, replaced rubber, swapped balls, changed out battery board for a coin battery board, general cleaning, and a number of other things. Things left to do:

o There is some flakiness from time to time with the jump rope assembly spinning endlessly so I'll probably pull out the whole toy and clean it, check solder connections, and tighten up screws where applicable.
o I want to adjust the gut switch of the boxer to be a little more sensitive. It takes a really hard shot to register a hit during a fight.
o Strip playfield down completely, clean and wax.
o Replace one leg that has a stripped leveler foot, or all four if I can't get one to match
o Color DMD - MAYBE
o Danger Zone switch - MAYBE

You know, small stuff.

#615 2 days ago
Quoted from CelticKnot:

I've done a lot to my game already, but now it's generally in good working order and I've done mostly playing now instead of shopping. I did some major boxer repair, flipper repair, redid the whole game with Comet SMDs, replaced rubber, swapped balls, changed out battery board for a coin battery board, general cleaning, and a number of other things. Things left to do:

o There is some flakiness from time to time with the jump rope assembly spinning endlessly so I'll probably pull out the whole toy and clean it, check solder connections, and tighten up screws where applicable.
o I want to adjust the gut switch of the boxer to be a little more sensitive. It takes a really hard shot to register a hit during a fight.
o Strip playfield down completely, clean and wax.
o Replace one leg that has a stripped leveler foot, or all four if I can't get one to match
o Color DMD - MAYBE
o Danger Zone switch - MAYBE

You know, small stuff.

Holy crap! Impressive! I will slowly be doing most of that stuff as well sadly.

#616 2 days ago

Color DMD and the switch are quite easy to do if you commit to them.

#617 2 days ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

I will slowly be doing most of that stuff as well sadly.

Well it's not a sad thing if it's something you enjoy.

Quoted from fur_dozy:

Color DMD and the switch are quite easy to do if you commit to them.

Yeah the commit for me for the Color DMD is the $$. I could definitely put that money towards another game.

The switch, we'll see. I've played the game for so long without it (and never have played one with it, actually) that I don't know what I'm missing. There are several here at various places in Austin where I live and none of them has the switch either.

#618 2 days ago

Being honest, it's a very minor addition to the game. I feel like the big draw for me was to just have a "complete" game; especially since the ropes area isn't really used at all without it.

#619 2 days ago

My CP is for sale. It’s restored and expensive but it’s finished. Plug and play

#620 46 hours ago
Quoted from fur_dozy:

Being honest, it's a very minor addition to the game. I feel like the big draw for me was to just have a "complete" game; especially since the ropes area isn't really used at all without it.

ya i figured as much, but Im like you in that i would want the complete game. Always hard for me to resist all the mods and upgrades and all that good stuff for a similar reason. the completionist (or however you spell it) in me.

#621 46 hours ago
Quoted from CelticKnot:

Well it's not a sad thing if it's something you enjoy.

Yeah the commit for me for the Color DMD is the $$. I could definitely put that money towards another game.

The switch, we'll see. I've played the game for so long without it (and never have played one with it, actually) that I don't know what I'm missing. There are several here at various places in Austin where I live and none of them has the switch either.

valid point, sad was a poor choice of words.

#622 38 hours ago

My CP is for sale. It’s restored and expensive but it’s finished. Plug and play

Are you willing to ship?

#623 32 hours ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Are you willing to ship?

Send me a PM. Let’s try and work something out

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Carrollton, TX
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 623 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.