(Topic ID: 161029)

Champion Pub Club - Come on in & pound a few...

By Stebel

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 592 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by CelticKnot
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1141 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3012 (resized).jpg
20240302_094944 (resized).jpg
20240129_203222~2[1] (resized).JPG
20240129_203206~2[1] (resized).JPG
20240129_203151~2[1] (resized).JPG
407337220_1402737207294497_1793344920108833970_n (resized).jpg
407237287_2109037179449838_4787912479427179026_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2805 (resized).png
IMG-2380 (resized).jpg
IMG-2381 (resized).jpg
IMG-2379 (resized).jpg
cp1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5780 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5750 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5781 (resized).jpeg
There are 592 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.
#1 7 years ago

Well, it seems Champion Pub doesn't get much love. CP is a quirky outside the box pinball. Cool bash boxer toy, magnetic jump rope and fist pounding speed bag. Also features a true backglass and not a translite.

The game had a switch taken out of production, The Danger Zone gate switch, which allows the ball into the pachinko section of the playfield. I have added the switch gate back to my game. Also added a couple of beer steins and a el wire around the ramp. Also put some red legs on the game.

Post pictures of your game and information. Welcome to the Club!

CP2_(resized).JPGCP2_(resized).JPG

CP3_(resized).JPGCP3_(resized).JPG

CP4_(resized).JPGCP4_(resized).JPG

CP1_(resized).JPGCP1_(resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Place Holder for response and pictures once I finish setting up my CP. installing Cliffys, LED and Laseriffic topper this week.

1 month later
#3 7 years ago

Just about to pay for mine. Can you tell me more about this "danger zone " switch?

1 month later
#4 7 years ago

Well, not a very popular club. Got mine the other day. Already had the 'danger zone' mod which is awesome.

Would someone be able to tell me what bulb to order to go in the ball saver? It doesn't flash for me so I need to replace it.

Also, is the default fight setting on hard?

14240481_327741740903780_1943017691_n (resized).jpg14240481_327741740903780_1943017691_n (resized).jpg

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Well, it seems Champion Pub doesn't get much love. CP is a quirky outside the box pinball. Cool bash boxer toy, magnetic jump rope and fist pounding speed bag. Also features a true backglass and not a translite.
The game had a switch taken out of production, The Danger Zone gate switch, which allows the ball into the pachinko section of the playfield. I have added the switch gate back to my game. Also added a couple of beer steins and a el wire around the ramp. Also put some red legs on the game.
Post pictures of your game and information. Welcome to the Club!

Awesome! Where do I get this El Wire? Is it always on or just for jackpots?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Just about to pay for mine. Can you tell me more about this "danger zone " switch?

Sorry about the delay. The danger zone switch, allows the ball to enter the pachinko posts right above the ball launch. During a fight, when the switch is activated, some music plays, and the ball has the options to drain at outlane (KO), win with any punch at inlane, power shot at ball launch.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Awesome! Where do I get this El Wire? Is it always on or just for jackpots?

I just got the El wire at my local surplus store. I have it currently wired to be on all the time.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

I just got the El wire at my local surplus store. I have it currently wired to be on all the time.

Thanks.

Would you be able to tell me what bulb I need to order for the ball saver?

#9 7 years ago

Little change I just did to my Champion Pub. Took a lockdown bar and receiver from a NBA Fastbreak and installed it and wired it to the launch button. Now for the smart punch you can hit the new button instead of launch.
I cut a stand promo plastic in a disc shape and put it inside the button instead of the shoot disc.

Damn, I gotta get some custom score cards printed.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Little change I just did to my Champion Pub. Took a lockdown bar and receiver from a NBA Fastbreak and installed it and wired it to the launch button. Now for the smart punch you can hit the new button instead of launch.
I cut a stand promo plastic in a disc shape and put it inside the button instead of the shoot disc.

This is a great mod! Do you feel it's easier to reach during gameplay?

Also, how are those beer mugs attached? Glued?

#11 7 years ago

I like the on the top button, as most of the games have the fire or shoot buttons on the lockdown bar. Easier for me to teach non pinball people how to use the smart punch.

For the beer mugs, I drilled and tapped a hole in the bottom of the mug. Then swapped a screw with stud on top, like the ones for the sling shot plastic posts, and then screwed on the mugs.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

And for catching the barfly as well, i assume.

#13 7 years ago

Nice pins everyone. I've never understood how this pin doesn't get more love. It's fun, it's absolutely gorgeous and it's got unique toys.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Nice pins everyone. I've never understood how this pin doesn't get more love. It's fun, it's absolutely gorgeous and it's got unique toys.

For some reason there is a stigma about it being too easy or repetitive. I think this comes from people playing on Pinball Arcade and not the real thing as I thought the same.

When you play the real thing it's quite challenging. You have to learn how to use the smart punches and knockouts to your advantage. If you aren't careful you will see center drains if you think you can just hammer the bag right up the middle. It always pays to aim for the ramps.

I've been playing it all the time since I got it and finally am putting up some decent scores. It's A LOT of fun, challenging, funny, has the coolest toys, depth, and people who aren't pinheads are instantly attracting.

There is nothing else like it IMO. I wish Bally kept going as who knows what kind of pins we would have now instead of the same crap over and over namely from Stern.

It's never leaving my collection. By far my favorite pin of all time.

#15 7 years ago

Cool thread, hoping to add one some day to the collection.

#16 7 years ago

Could anyone tell me where to get mirror blades for Champion Pub?

I figured instead of doing LED's to brighten it up I want to keep that sort of pub/bar atmosphere and just add mirrors.

1 month later
#17 7 years ago

IMG_3099 (resized).JPGIMG_3099 (resized).JPG

#18 7 years ago

IMG_3092 (resized).JPGIMG_3092 (resized).JPG

IMG_3095 (resized).JPGIMG_3095 (resized).JPG

#19 7 years ago

Too strong of a coil?

1 week later
#20 7 years ago

Is there a way to adjust the round ball stop that pops up? When a fight starts I rest a ball on this and then try to shoot for a jab. It's supposed to be angled for this, right?

On the right jab it's missing to the left and the left jab missing to the right.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Is there a way to adjust the round ball stop that pops up? When a fight starts I rest a ball on this and then try to shoot for a jab. It's supposed to be angled for this, right?
On the right jab it's missing to the left and the left jab missing to the right.
Any ideas on how to resolve this?

I don't own one of these yet, I believe you are correct. It will probably be a flipper angle adjustment that needs to be made.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

I don't own one of these yet, I believe you are correct. It will probably be a flipper angle adjustment that needs to be made.

How do I adjust the flipper angle?

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

How do I adjust the flipper angle?

Flipper angle is set by loosening the clamp that holds the flipper shaft (on the underside of the playfield). Here's a thread that deals with it.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Flipper angle is set by loosening the clamp that holds the flipper shaft (on the underside of the playfield). Here's a thread that deals with it.
Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Thank you but you didn't include a link?

#25 7 years ago

CP is a great game. My kids love it. Steve-O is the best. I need to rewire my boxer arms as the right arm is not working. I am pretty sure it's the wires as they break from the boxer moving. I had to replace all the boxer switch wires when I got it last year. Ball lands on the arm often and the glass have be removed to fix it. I scored an amazing deal on mine. Cleaned it up, added LED's and it's just a beautiful game. Not leaving the collection anytime soon as well.

#26 7 years ago
#27 7 years ago

Have you guys seen this ad?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/41633

I sent the seller a PM (new member) saying he needs A LOT more detail and documentation to command that sort of price.

#28 7 years ago

I plan to buy this as my next pinball machine. What are some things i need to watch out for and break easy. I plan on purchasing a complete set of back-up plastics

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Have you guys seen this ad?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/41633
I sent the seller a PM (new member) saying he needs A LOT more detail and documentation to command that sort of price.

That is a high price!

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

That is a high price!

I wrote the guy a cordial PM explaining the high price and suggested he include a better description and lots of quality photos. He hasn't responded.

3 weeks later
#31 7 years ago

Joined the club (woot!) First major thing on the list is to change out the back box speakers and add an L-pad.DSC03399 (resized).JPGDSC03399 (resized).JPG

DSC03418 (resized).JPGDSC03418 (resized).JPG

#32 7 years ago

Problem: Sometimes the boxer mech will rotate 1/4 and the whole game pauses. The lights go out (the flippers still work). 5-20 seconds later the lights come back on and the mech will finish rotation. This is random - it happened last night during our multiplayer games but I haven't played enough single player games to have it occur yet.

Any thoughts?

#33 7 years ago

Decided to do a little maintenance on the jump rope gearbox. Pretty darn easy - take it apart, clean off old lube, add your preferred lube and assemble. The products I used were a small amount of moly grease on the gears and 3 and 1 electric motor oil for the shafts.

Here are some photos for your enjoyment. Note - my jump rope worked just fine. But it is driven off of a very tiny motor so I figured let's make it's life as easy as possible.
IMG_6753 (960x1280) (resized).jpgIMG_6753 (960x1280) (resized).jpgDSC03422 (1280x853) (resized).jpgDSC03422 (1280x853) (resized).jpgDSC03423 (1280x853) (resized).jpgDSC03423 (1280x853) (resized).jpgDSC03424 (1280x853) (resized).jpgDSC03424 (1280x853) (resized).jpgDSC03425 (1280x853) (resized).jpgDSC03425 (1280x853) (resized).jpgDSC03426 (1280x853) (resized).jpgDSC03426 (1280x853) (resized).jpg

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Wtb : boxer motor

Like this?

IMG_6752 (resized).PNGIMG_6752 (resized).PNG

#36 7 years ago

I noticed something odd - sometimes when I shot the left jab combo ramp the ball would rocket up it and fly over the left flipper! I decided to look under the playfield and discovered an issue.DSC03438 (resized).JPGDSC03438 (resized).JPG The coil for the right flipper was stronger. So an order to Pinball life was in order. Now that shot is much better.DSC03439 (resized).JPGDSC03439 (resized).JPG

#37 7 years ago

Hi Pub owners. I just put a bunch of my new and used parts up for auction on eBay. Here is the link:

ebay.com link: loanguy71773

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from loanguy7171973:

Hi Pub owners. I just put a bunch of my new and used parts up for auction on eBay. Here is the link:
ebay.com link

neat stuff and quite a good selection, thanks for posting it.

#39 7 years ago

Hi fellow CP owners! I posted in a separate thread about help with some photos of the inserts attached with no luck. So I try here instead. This is the last thing to do before clearcoat so it would be great if you could help me with this one Photos of the finished pin will be posted ofc!

Thanks in advance!
Erik AKA Manboobs

15824398_10158110207290352_1188283268_o (resized).jpg15824398_10158110207290352_1188283268_o (resized).jpg

15824320_10158110208240352_1698674546_o (resized).jpg15824320_10158110208240352_1698674546_o (resized).jpg

#40 7 years ago

Hi Erik, I will be happy to take some hi-res photos of the inserts. I will send you a PM.

#41 7 years ago

Super nice and so fast! Highly appreciated! I´ll send you a PM. Thanks again!
/Erik

#42 7 years ago

If anyone wants to join this club, I have a really nice one I'm considering trading away. PM me any interesting trades for other Bally/Williams DMD or earlier SS stuff. I can add cash as necessary.

#43 7 years ago

Just about done with teardown. Any ideas where did this plastic came from...

IMG_20170108_133419 (resized).jpgIMG_20170108_133419 (resized).jpg

#44 7 years ago

My best guess is far right far rear of the pf under the speed bag mech. I just had that mech out for a little rework. It seemed to me the wires get tangled up in that plastic when you are moving the speed bag.

#45 7 years ago

This is a long shot , but does anyway have an old play Field? Mine is really blown out and I really don't want to pay for a new one. Game is in good condition but not to where I want to stick too much into it

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from Topper20:

This is a long shot , but does anyway have an old play Field? Mine is really blown out and I really don't want to pay for a new one. Game is in good condition but not to where I want to stick too much into it

Nothing here, but toss up a pic of your old one. I would like to see it.

#47 7 years ago

My boxer was rotating very slowly. After poking around I found high resistance on the connector pins on the motor drive board. After taking the board out, I found the diodes have been getting hot and they had questionable looking solder connections (looked like cold joints). So new connectors & diodes mounted up a bit higher were in order.

An unexpected bonus is the boxer now moves more often during a match.

20170109_211857 - Copy (resized).jpg20170109_211857 - Copy (resized).jpg

#48 7 years ago

Here's another one - I noticed the ball was getting hung up when the boxer was turned away from the player. His right arm was a bit droopy Turns out the set screw was a bit loose. Well here's my chance to take everything apart and clean it up. 20170110_071132 - Copy (resized).jpg20170110_071132 - Copy (resized).jpg

20170110_071547 - Copy (resized).jpg20170110_071547 - Copy (resized).jpg

2 months later
#49 7 years ago

Just joined the club. Needs cleaning, LED's and some work. Will post a photo whenever I finish shopping it.

So, who thinks colorDMD is going to release the champ soon?

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Just joined the club. Needs cleaning, LED's and some work. Will post a photo whenever I finish shopping it.

Welcome

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Carrollton, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 592 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/champion-pub-club-come-on-in-pound-a-few/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.