8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Edster
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Edster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I have a problem with my Champion Pub. The boxer's arms won't move. The left arm was working until I tried to fix the right, now both don't work. Doh! I thought I would check the solenoid, problem is after the painstaking task of getting to it, the damn coils have their wires directly attached. I have no idea how to test the damn coils. I metered the wires and see there is no break. They are both connected to the Power Driver board so that is not the problem. The only thing I can think of is the coils themselves. What a pain. Even if I buy new coils, how the hell do I put them in? They must come with wires and I guess I splice it to the molex connector? Never seen this before.

Anyone fix one of these. My head hurts.

#4 8 years ago

What was happening was one arm was moving in test mode. The left arm never moves. I had the game for about 3 weeks now and had to replace some wires for the switches on the boxer as most were broken. I have all the switches now registering and again only the one arm was working. I was thinking that one of the wires to the arm was broken as well but that does not seem to be the case. I was able to test the continuity to the connector and it was fine. I see no broken wire to the power board either. I put the coils back and now neither one fires up in test mode. I would assume if I blew a fuse initially both arms would not work. Since one was working the first this I thought to check was the wiring but since the wires are connected directing to the coil, that is not easy to do. I will go through the fuses and test the voltage to the connector. I don't see a switch in line with this coil. There are 2 black wires connected directly to each coil that runs into a connector. All this does is trigger the arm during a fight.

#6 8 years ago

First off, thank you so much for trying to help me out.

Yes I do have a DMM. I checked the manual and the arms are Solenoid 11 & 13. These are passed thru F102. I pulled and checked this fuse and it's fine. meters out perfectly.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinsounds:

I recently repaired one and several of the wires that run from the connectors to the components were bad (open circuit). I replaced the wires and the thing works great now. I agree with KP that I would not suspect the coils. Hope that helps.

Where did you replace the wires? Did you cut it by the solenoid or more under the playfield?

#9 8 years ago

I'll give that a try. I did unwrap the coils and tried to test continuity to the connector and it seemed ok. Then again, since there was no connections on the coil, It could easily have been crossed to the other wire. I will give it a shot. I know those wires all break from the boxer turning for the past 20 or so years.

#10 8 years ago

Seems the right arm is now magically working. Unless I mixed up the coils when I put them back. I take it right arm refers to the actual boxer's right arm not my right. Strange thing is the left was working before. I think replacing the wires is a must.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Carrollton, TX
$ 37.50
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Edster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/champion-pub-boxer-arm-issue?tu=Edster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.