Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RCA1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Paypal_Error.png
    #1 11 years ago

I've been on Pinside for a few months now. And I always intended to donate, but never seemed to get around to it despite my daily visits to the site.

I finally did, and challenge you to do the same. Didn't break the bank or anything--heck, I only ponied up $5 for my first go-around.

If you've been thinking, "I'll do it later."...well... do it now! If you've already donated, this would be a great time to do it again!

#2 11 years ago

O.K. - I don't want to sound stupid, but how do you do this with no Paypal account?
    I see references to people using credit cards, but I don't see where or how.
    I just get directed to a Paypal page that says something like "Hey-this didn't work"
    Maybe I'm an idiot, but some step by step instructions would be awesome.

Thanks

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

If you've been thinking, "I'll do it later."...well... do it now! If you've already donated, this would be a great time to do it again!

This is what I've said a few times and never seem to get around to it, but I did now. Thanks for the push! LOL

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

O.K. - I don't want to sound stupid, but how do you do this with no Paypal account?
    I see references to people using credit cards, but I don't see where or how.
    I just get directed to a Paypal page that says something like "Hey-this didn't work"
    Maybe I'm an idiot, but some step by step instructions would be awesome.
    Thanks

PM Robin and I'm sure something can be worked out,Like send the funds to a fellow pinsider and have him make the donation on your behalf with paypal...But ask Robin first.

#5 11 years ago

Great idea. I am another who has always been meaning to get that done. I just kicked in $10. I know it isn't much but if every user did $5-$10 each year that would really add up. I did mine because I am happy about a pin I found to buy on this site. Now I can wait a few months before starting to tell myself that I should again send in a little donation. Who's next?

#6 11 years ago

Donated $25 about a month ago just for the sales i have had, i should probably donate more for all the tech help too.

#7 11 years ago

I donate $5/month. I visit this site sooooooo many times during the day.....I dunno what I would do without.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

Donated $25 about a month ago just for the sales i have had, i should probably donate more for all the tech help too.

According to your heart it was 8 days ago.
    Hold your cursor over it and it shows how many days ago you donated.

#9 11 years ago

wont let me do it. I have paypal and can make payments no problem but when i click donate it takes me to page that is not available from paypal. I even logged in, in another tab and it still did the same thing.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jdawg4422:

wont let me do it. I have paypal and can make payments no problem but when i click donate it takes me to page that is not available from paypal. I even logged in, in another tab and it still did the same thing.

Same here for the donate button but the pay by the month button takes me to the PP page.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

PM Robin and I'm sure something can be worked out,Like send the funds to a fellow pinsider and have him make the donation on your behalf with paypal...But ask Robin first.

If you don't use PP and the vendor sends you an invoice you can pay with a credit card.

#12 11 years ago

same here.

Quoted from Jdawg4422:

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

According to your heart it was 8 days ago.
    Hold your cursor over it and it shows how many days ago you donated.

my bad.

seems like so long ago already. i mean 8 days ago we were going through the only drought i can remember in my area and last night it was raining so hard i could not see through the window. 8 days ago seems so long already.

#14 11 years ago

First of all, thanks for all you donating to the site (or trying to)!

I'm guessing you are seeing this screen?

Paypal_Error.pngPaypal_Error.png

The error message baffles me, I'm seeing it myself 50% of the times, I have been trying to fix this for 3 hours and haven't gotten any closer. If anyone out there has an idea what could cause this, let me know!

#15 11 years ago

yes, that is the message that I see.

#16 11 years ago

yep thats it and its still there. I have tried prob 20 times now and never got it to work once.

#17 11 years ago

No idea what is causing this. Googled the error message a millions of times. Searched all over the web for solutions, tried everything I could find, nothing works.

It's getting late here, gotta catch some sleep - I will work on this some more tomorrow, Pinside can't run without our donations

I'm open to suggestions, heck I would even consider adding an alternative payment provider but I'm guessing there's not much competition to Paypal, is there?

#18 11 years ago

Mine went through. I'll try to make a habit of it. I really enjoy this site. Thanks!

#19 11 years ago

Btw I had donated a while back but never got the heart icon. Is that because my paypal email and pinside email are different?

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

there's not much competition to Paypal, is there?

Oh how I wish there were. For Epay too for that matter, but that's off topic I know

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Btw I had donated a while back but never got the heart icon. Is that because my paypal email and pinside email are different?

Yes, that's because they're different. And you probably donated during my holidays.Anyways, shoot me a PM with your name and Paypal e-mail and I'll do it manually. Thanks!

#22 11 years ago

Don't be heartless donate =-)

Every little thing helps they do work on this site a lot to improve it and keep it great.

#23 11 years ago

Last week, I was getting the "Sorry- last transaction could not be completed." At the time, Robin thougt it migt be a glitch with PayPal, but the problem remained for me.
    I did some googling and found some people that fixed it by deleting all cookies and their internet history. I did that and was able to donate with out any problems.
    I can't say for sure though if that really fixed my issue or I just got lucky.

#24 11 years ago

I donated $25 through GAP last month ....and still Heartless

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from marlboroman:

I donated $25 through GAP last month ....and still Heartless

You donated via the GAP t-shirt action? Cool, I will add a heart for you.

#26 11 years ago

just donated, Man that feels good!

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from bpull:

just donated, Man that feels good!

It does! and thanks Robin.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

No idea what is causing this. Googled the error message a millions of times. Searched all over the web for solutions, tried everything I could find, nothing works.
    It's getting late here, gotta catch some sleep - I will work on this some more tomorrow, Pinside can't run without our donations
    I'm open to suggestions, heck I would even consider adding an alternative payment provider but I'm guessing there's not much competition to Paypal, is there?

The American Classic Arcade Museum at Funspot uses Chip-In for some fundraising, in addition to PayPal:

http://www.chipin.com/

I prefer PayPal, but if you need to add an alternative, maybe that?

#29 11 years ago

Thanks for reminding us. I hadn't paid much attention to donating since PPTR. I am thankful for this site and its members. Thanks for the slap in the face that it had been too long since I had donated.

#30 11 years ago

I like the subscription paypal option. That way you don't have to remember to help out.

#31 11 years ago

Provide an address and accept checks and money orders. USPS is'nt dead YET!

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

Provide an address and accept checks and money orders.

Ouch, that's a system I'm not really familiar with being from the Netherlands and all. I have seen it on TV a couple of times tough, where people get "their check in the mail"

But seriously, I think bank fees will be through the roof on international checks and not much will be left of a donation. Paypal is already taking 3.9% + $0.35 off each donation

#33 11 years ago

Just threw some cash your way Pinside! I don't have any pins yet but I come on here everyday so as they say in the movie "Legend of Billie Jean" .... Fair Is Fair! By the way, that movie sucks balls!

#34 11 years ago

Robin

I got rid of the paypal message by changing my email listed here on Pinside. My email here is different from my paypal email. Changing my email at Pinside got me into paypal. Hope this helps.

Quoted from robin:

I'm guessing you are seeing this screen?

The error message baffles me, I'm seeing it myself 50% of the times, I have been trying to fix this for 3 hours and haven't gotten any closer. If anyone out there has an idea what could cause this, let me know!

#35 11 years ago

I dropped a few quarters in.

#36 11 years ago

Kudos to the OP for starting this donation push. I know there is a donation thread stickied, but having one bouncing up on the main message board is really a good thing to remind people.

I have no idea what I would do without this site!

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from pdman:

I got rid of the paypal message by changing my email listed here on Pinside. My email here is different from my paypal email. Changing my email at Pinside got me into paypal. Hope this helps.

Holy crap, that seems to fix the problem. I had an e-mail field in the donation form and after removing that the page seems to work again.

I don't know if other people who were seeing this error message can verify, but for me this solved the issue. Thanks pdman!

#38 11 years ago

Issue resolved, I was able to get the page to load and donate.

#39 11 years ago

worked for me as well. changed my email address here to the same as paypal and it worked. Ill wait for the heart to show then change my email back to the way i want it.

edit: done!

#40 11 years ago

Setup up recurring donation.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jdawg4422:

worked for me as well. changed my email address here to the same as paypal and it worked. Ill wait for the heart to show then change my email back to the way i want it.

I think that's not even needed anymore, I have changed something in the donation page form, which excludes the e-mail address from being sent to Paypal. Glad it's finally resolved.

Thanks for the donations everyone, very cool!

#42 11 years ago

Thanks for fixing the glitch, and more for running the site.
    Just made a small donation by CC through the paypal donation link. Worked just fine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/challenge-to-all-pinside-users and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.