(Topic ID: 294630)

Challenge IV: Get the Message in Post #1?—Prove It!

By wolverinetuner

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolverinetuner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Time for another challenge. In response to prior comments, I tried to make this one more difficult. (Be careful what you wish for!) This one also has a chance to earn “extra credit.”

The following message also contains a secret message for those who can decode it. If you figure it out, you will know what to do to prove that you “get the message.” WARNING: This is meant to be a challenge, it may take awhile to “get it.” There is a definite message, you won’t have to wander around wondering if you got it. Once you get it (if you are up to the challenge), you will know for sure and be able to prove it for sure.

(If you’d like to see the earlier similar secret message puzzles (with their solutions revealed at the end of the thread), here are the links:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-the-message-in-post-1prove-it
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/challenge-ii-get-the-message-in-post-1-prove-it
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/challenge-iii-get-the-message-in-post-1prove-it )

I call this message “Waltz Step (1 2 3, 1 2 3)”

shooter jet pin dial ampere preliminary arch OP damsel wrench tip hitch Hercules hybrid pro under trip topper inch inline EOS infantile idea stepper neon parts hammer edge Nags nostalgia trade three stellar triple sing gate lower messenger, blatant now add tragic donut idiom fragile post forward hassle thing ate scoop thousand then brilliant shot stellar Athens round tens bratwurst danger ascend flailing years biggest can goat toward pinball lionman by get horrendous set low on free old hanger fix leg hooks yesterday yard open tree hollow off twenty please rodeo. Often tooth rain red fox trend free challenge concept cross preorder delay pin attach auto play hostile only small trade kind best playoff power both muscle tilt capacitor addition drain win done gather storm professional taken show seems dipsy wide possible copy cut distance slingshot kickouts hoop necessity dim hung Trio theme scene low peach lit special stay practical liability skip cap inlet snare mobile apart place relay PBR practice thirty count title constant gauntlet start ash resistor meaning tradition definitely.

#2 2 years ago

At least no one got this in the first five minutes like the last one.

#4 2 years ago

We have our first sleuth! And you also earned the extra credit, congratulations!

#6 2 years ago

Correct and with extra credit, good job!

#7 2 years ago

Only two sleuths so far …

#9 2 years ago

Correct, and you got the extra credit also, congratulations!

#10 2 years ago

We have three sleuths at this point…

#11 2 years ago

The challenge awaits …

#13 2 years ago

Correct, congratulations!

#14 2 years ago

We are currently at 4 sleuths, any more?

#16 2 years ago

Correct, and with extra credit, good job!

#19 2 years ago

Correct and with extra credit, congrats!

#20 2 years ago

Correct, and you also got the extra credit, well done!

#21 2 years ago

Seven have completed the challenge so far …

#22 2 years ago

Anyone else up to the challenge?

#25 2 years ago

Correct, well done!

#26 2 years ago

Any more sleuths?

#29 2 years ago

Correct, and with extra credit! I was hoping you’d be showing up here, congrats!

#30 2 years ago

Nine sleuths so far, will it make it to double digits?

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

i'm still here too trying to figure it out , waltz step 1,2 , 3, 4 ,5, 6, or something like, left right left[quoted image]

Looks like you’re getting the benefit of learning to waltz too. This thread just keeps on giving!

#34 2 years ago

No, just commenting on your diagram. This is a tougher puzzle, and I’m not going to spoil it for anyone, especially after the time it took to put this one together. And you’re not alone, I imagine there are still a number of pinsiders out there who have been trying to figure this one out!

#36 2 years ago

Correct, and with extra credit. Well done!

#38 2 years ago

Correct, and with extra credit, congrats!

#39 2 years ago

Any more sleuths?

#45 2 years ago

Correct, and with extra credit, well done!

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Tried several related permutations, including reverse engineering, and kicked myself when I finally got the right one.

I’ve tried to make it difficult to reverse engineer these after the first challenge. Glad you figured it out!

#47 2 years ago

A dozen have cracked the code so far, anyone else?

#49 2 years ago

Any more sleuths?

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Not for lack of trying…
    I seem to think I have a pattern with some words coming up and then bam… nothing.

This is a tougher one for sure, but others have solved it after difficulty at first. It’s challenging, but doable.

#53 2 years ago

Anyone else get the message?

#54 2 years ago

Father’s Day bump.

#55 2 years ago

Any more sleuths?

#56 2 years ago

Any others up for the challenge?

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

Wolvie,
    mind if I give a clue?
    Later,
    EV

Thanks for asking first, EV. I’d really rather hold off on any clues. I’ll do the reveal as I normally do, eventually. Folks asked for a tougher one, so that’s what I did.

Quoted from luch:

time for the reveal !

Luch, I know this one’s tough, I encourage you to keep on trying. You got the last one without hints, let’s see if you get this one!

#62 2 years ago

Correct and with extra credit, my good friend, congrats!

#63 2 years ago

Due to the difficulty of this challenge, I plan to give a hint within the next couple days. So your chance to get in before the hint (IBTH) is short. Will anyone else get the message in the meantime?

#64 2 years ago

^^Will anyone else get IBTH?^^

#66 2 years ago

You got the message and the extra credit, well done! IBTH!

#67 2 years ago

As promised, I have added a hint. The title of the message is now “Waltz Time (1 2 3, 1 2 3).” This revised title is now stated in post #1. Have at it!

#69 2 years ago

Correct, and with extra credit, congrats!

#70 2 years ago

For those who don’t know yet, the message title now contains a new hint…

#72 2 years ago

You got it, and with extra credit, congratulations!

#74 2 years ago

Another sleuth, and you got the extra credit, well done!

#76 2 years ago

Any more sleuths with the new hint in the message title in post #1?

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Higher, no wait Lower... no I mean Higher... Doh I don't know!!!

Well, at least you covered all the bases with that attempt!

#80 2 years ago

Correct and you got the extra credit, well done!

#81 2 years ago

Any sleuths left?

#83 2 years ago

The challenge awaits …

#86 2 years ago

You got it, and with extra credit, congrats!

#87 2 years ago

Any more sleuths left?

1 week later
    #90 2 years ago

Correct, and with extra credit, well done!

3 weeks later
    #93 2 years ago

Thanks for the thread bump, DanQverymuch .

By now most probably know how I roll. Solution comes when the next puzzle comes. But it’ll come eventually, luch .

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

It took me about 2 minutes to get the first line... Then gibberish. It would help if I had paper or was on an actual computer rather than trying to do this in my head staring at my phone.

Sounds like you’re almost there!

#97 2 years ago

Correct, and with extra credit. Well done!

#99 2 years ago

Correct, and you got the extra credit, congrats!

#100 2 years ago

Any more still up for the challenge?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolverinetuner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/challenge-iv-get-the-messageprove-it?tu=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.