(Topic ID: 265958)

Solution Revealed-Challenge II: Get the Message in Post #1?-Prove It!

By wolverinetuner

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #53 4 years ago

Lol...I have no idea what I was thinking...I guess that’s what I get for having a conversation while typing

#54 4 years ago

Correct, congrats!

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from wyopin:

Lol...I have no idea what I was thinking...I guess that’s what I get for having a conversation while typing

Now you’re right, good job!

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Correct, congrats!

Whew! I almost took that wrong turn North. Thanks

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaeg:

Whew! I almost took that wrong turn North. Thanks

Always happy to guide others in the right direction! Thanks.

#59 4 years ago

Correct, congrats!

#61 4 years ago

You got it, another sleuth!

#62 4 years ago

8 here. Fun riddle, appropriate timing, so close to EASTer (sorry couldn’t resist)

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

8 here. Fun riddle, appropriate timing, so close to EASTer (sorry couldn’t resist)

You get the message, as well as the award for the first pun!

#64 4 years ago

#65 4 years ago

You got it, my friend. Way to go!

#66 4 years ago

Anyone else get the message?

#67 4 years ago

Ham

#68 4 years ago

Sorry, incorrect, although that sounds good right now.

#69 4 years ago

Smoked ham ?

#70 4 years ago

Smoked, glazed, and spiral-sliced sounds REALLY good right now.

#71 4 years ago

The challenge still awaits...

#72 4 years ago

Ten.

Another good one, thanks!

#73 4 years ago

Really enjoyed that one.

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from JimFNB:

Ten.
    Another good one, thanks!

Quoted from DBLM:

Really enjoyed that one.

You both got it, good job! And thank you both for the feedback!

#75 4 years ago

Anyone else get the message?

#77 4 years ago

Correct, congatulations!

#78 4 years ago

Anyone else up for the challenge?

#79 4 years ago

Any more sleuths?

#81 4 years ago

Any more sleuths?

#82 3 years ago

The challenge still awaits...

#83 3 years ago

Daily bump.

#84 3 years ago

Any more sleuths?

10 months later
    #85 3 years ago

Here is the solution to this message puzzle. I wanted to wait until I launched a third puzzle before this reveal.

“Follow the Directions” in this case meant to use only each word immediately following a direction, such as “north” or “south.”

The original message:

“First, drive north. Add five miles to the trip. Then go west ten kilometers, and north to the first exit. On the south, your eyes will see the attractions to the east listed. Those on the east number twelve. On the west, of course, there are none. After another 30 minutes of driving north, pins and needles in your legs will set in, so stop to take a break before that happens. Continuing north, then, proceed to the end of the road, where you must turn east. Subtract five miles from the trip by taking this short cut. As you continue east, the bright sun may be a problem. After five miles, notice the north number of roadside buildings, there should be three. The south, of course, is not where they are, but only on the north. Characters of ill repute abound in this area, so only look to the north. In turning south, your vehicle may struggle to get up the hill, but this is shorter than going north. Pinside is a great place to get directions, but to follow them, you must now turn west. Name any other website with such a great pinball community, I don’t think you can. Continue west, then, until you see a north post on a brick building. By driving west only at this point and not south, the road will be easier than the one to the north. Result of this trip will reveal the correct solution.”

The solution: “Add ten to your listed number of pins, then subtract the number of characters in your pinside name, then post only the result”

Thanks to all who participated in this. I am concurrently starting a new hidden message puzzle thread, so now there will be another one for those who want to try it.

1 week later
    #88 3 years ago

nevermind I see you posted the solution.

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

nevermind I see you posted the solution.

Correct, but it loses something after the solution is already out there. I’m sure you both didn’t realize that when you first posted, so thanks for doing it!

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/challenge-ii-get-the-message-in-post-1-prove-it/page/2?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.