3.26.18Sunset.1 (resized).JPG
C0E5DFDA-EE65-4127-8A3A-134019EEBAFA (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
Chair3 (resized).JPG
Chair2 (resized).JPG
Chair1 (resized).JPG
IMG_20171104_165507 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171104_170229 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-is-great.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

My chairs & seats are still quite mobile. I'll be 56 in July, and need to work and earn some more money, so not retiring soon.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

have our Chairs in the Yard....
A place to sit, and chat. Have a cold Beer, or a smoke. Watch the Rain and lightning come in....
For me now, a place to meditate, and reflect.
So in retirement, I finished mine, and wanted to share, in the hopes others might share a picture of their
outdoor tranquility....a seat with a view.....

My "chairs" are fold-out chairs, and the seats in my canoe and my kayak. These seats usually end up at places with quite a view.
Canoes and kayaks can help you glide from one scenic spot to another for hours.
Like minded friends and I in local paddle club and Louisiana Hiking Club go to some of the most scenic places in Louisiana and in other states. When the weather is cool enough for camping out, we gather our fold-out chairs around the campfire at night, or perhaps along a sandbar in the daytime on certain paddle trips. I'm glad my daughter likes going on outdoor adventures with me. Good times.

Here is a few pics. Keep flippin oldpinguy.

20170519_200154 (resized).jpg20170519_200154 (resized).jpg
Mike-BuffaloCove-July31-2011 (resized).jpgMike-BuffaloCove-July31-2011 (resized).jpg

Sandbar-VillageCreek-SE_TX (4) (resized).jpgSandbar-VillageCreek-SE_TX (4) (resized).jpg
sandbar-campsite-RedCreek-MS-May2013 (resized).JPGsandbar-campsite-RedCreek-MS-May2013 (resized).JPG
IMG_5441 (resized).JPGIMG_5441 (resized).JPG

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

and hanging out with my pelican buddy

Quoted from pinbum:

That's a funny looking Pelican

If you feed your Great Blue Heron buddy a couple tasty morsels every once in a while he/she probably won't care if you call him your pelican buddy. Tasty morsels would be like: small live fish/lizards/snakes/frogs.

#140 6 years ago

There, better?
I moved my downvote down to your post #138.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't know why pinball-is-great downvoted this, but yzfguy really does live in the woods with serial killers...which is why he upvoted it.
What...is the heat making you crabby down there in Louisiana?

Answer: Messin with beelze

Sorry for slight thread derail. In a weak attempt to transition back on topic,
I would like to share a moment with sasquatch on a natural chair out in the vast outdoors.

1 week later
#158 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

We have our Chairs in the Yard....
A place to sit, and chat. Have a cold Beer, or a smoke. Watch the Rain and lightning come in....
For me now, a place to meditate, and reflect.
So in retirement, I finished mine, and wanted to share, in the hopes others might share a picture of their
outdoor tranquility....a seat with a view.....

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

But movable chairs are the best kind, as one meets new people and never ending new views!

Folding chairs and kayak seats update in Louisiana:
AmiteRiver-signs (resized).jpgAmiteRiver-signs (resized).jpg
kayak-n-chairs-AmiteRiverJuly2017 (resized).jpgkayak-n-chairs-AmiteRiverJuly2017 (resized).jpg
Critters update:
Saw some birds (kingfishers, great blue heron, black vultures, Mississippi kite, blue jays).
Did not see any gators, snakes, or turtles last Sat. Maybe they all washed downstream in the recent floods??

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have other chairs, other than the front....several in the back, but sad that a 100 plus year old Pine was hit by lightning and died.
This weekend, it took large cranes to take down.
It was a favorite view from my back, being the tallest tree around.
Roosting and resting through the years saw several Bald eagle nests, dozens of different hawks, and huge owls.
All gone now, so Ill need to move my chairs!

Do you have any recent before and/or after pics showing your view looking out that you care to post?

Between my house and the little park in town there was a very large pine tree on the Catholic church property that got hit by lightning last year and got a large long crack down the trunk and had some sap oozing out. Anyhow, I kept an eye on this tree for over 6 months and the neeedles stay green for months. Then in early Spring it quickly died, and was cut down a couple months ago.

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from daddyxxx:

Watching the duck in my backyard is always relaxing......

There is water most everywhere in Louisiana.
Thousands of bridges over lakes, rivers, bayous, creeks, swamps, and marshy areas. Different situation in southern Cal.
I'm sure people are better at conserving water and using it sparingly in California compared to here in LA.

3 months later
#171 6 years ago

Oldpinguy,

Are you still sitting in your chair sometimes, since all of the hurricane mess and repair troubles?

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

and one of them shot this picture heading up my 5th fairway

Frame a print of it, hang it on a wall, with a little sign posted under it to ackn the photographer and listing the name of the scene captured as:
"Fairway to Heaven"

11 months later
#191 5 years ago

Oldpinguy,
Hurricane Michael hit in the FLA panhandle, but i see that the tail w/ a lot of moisture is over FL. Are you getting heavy rain?

How is it going for other Pinsiders in FL, GA, SC?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-is-great.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chair-in-the-yard?tu=Pinball-is-great and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.