2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 200 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 140 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG-4777 (resized).PNG
MorningPic10.10.18 (resized).JPG
toilet-flower-pot (resized).jpg
1B0B7C80-4F1E-4261-81AB-FC8560A9805C (resized).jpeg
7177F217-1F0B-4FFB-8DAB-F6000660C5D9 (resized).jpeg
20180604_204000 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180326_191217 (resized).jpg
3.26.18Sunset.2 (resized).JPG
3.26.18Sunset.1 (resized).JPG
C0E5DFDA-EE65-4127-8A3A-134019EEBAFA (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
Chair3 (resized).JPG
Chair2 (resized).JPG
Chair1 (resized).JPG
IMG_20171104_165507 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171104_170229 (resized).jpg

There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 2 years ago

Back yard chair at dusk.

DSCN5428 (resized).JPG

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

I love spending time in the yard with the kids and the dog.

Labs are the best! I miss mine

#103 2 years ago

my "backyard" - tranquility on the trail this morning.

IMG_0101 (resized).JPG

#104 2 years ago

i sit and relax and enjoy the efforts of all my hard work to create the best bum-cade in south florida.

art, you're a great friend in this relentless hobby...enjoy the time off.

pacman empty cab off i95 (resized).JPG
bumcade (resized).jpg

#105 2 years ago

I rarely relax, but then again your 30s are for getting stuff done.

IMG_1184 (resized).JPG

#106 2 years ago

Great thread

20170617_144353.jpg

20170617_145540.jpg

#107 2 years ago

All this thread is doing is making me jealous...

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Now Boob, I have a room all made up for you here.....it still is a bit of a little Girls room, but
I think youll be Fine!

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah, well. Not everybody was born to live like a king.

Redneck Pool Art Car 2 (resized).jpg

#110 2 years ago

Just finished ours last month. Field of weeds to this in 3 weeks after work in the evenings. Fire table for the deck showed up yesterday. Have a gazebo over the BBQ because I use it all year. -25 doesn't stop us here, shovel a path!

IMG_1731 (resized).JPG

IMG_1736 (resized).JPG

IMG_1749 (resized).JPG

#111 2 years ago

No chair in the office today.

IMG_0553 (resized).JPG

#112 2 years ago

Just rehab. Lots of rock and roll though.

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Just finished ours last month. Field of weeds to this in 3 weeks after work in the evenings. Fire table for the deck showed up yesterday. Have a gazebo over the BBQ because I use it all year. -25 doesn't stop us here, shovel a path!

Nice!! No grass to cut.

#114 2 years ago

Here is our spot, i built the Balinese Gazebo 9 years ago, and it is still going strong. In the background is a 'rainforest' - we planted it 12 years ago, and erveryone thought we were crazy, all Australian native rainforest species, and now we have trees 18 metres tall, heaps of amazing butterlies (Ulysses and Cairns Birdwing - one irridescent blue, the other irridescent green with a wingspan of up to 15cm), birds and other wildlife.

We also dig a small dam/pond between the Bali Hut and the rainforest, which is full of water lillies. Great place to relax and have kids birthdays etc

For those who have cursed nutgrass- yes it is a mongrel weed, however is reasonably easy to control. We have a herbicide here in Australia called Sempra - not sure if there is an equivalent in the US, however the active ingredient is Halosulfuron. It is a selective herbicide for sedges, so won't kill normal grass lawn, or broadleaf plants in the garden. I used it over all our place, and it is slow to kill (4- 6 weeks), however gets rid of 80% of nutgrass the first hit, then a follow up spray a few months later gets rid of the rest. The reasona it works so well, is it moves slowly through the plant, and will kill most of the nuts (nutgrass ends up with a string of nuts underground).

20170326_125852 (resized).jpg

#115 2 years ago

Love your rainforest!

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Here is our spot, i built the Balinese Gazebo 9 years ago, and it is still going strong. In the background is a 'rainforest' - we planted it 12 years ago, and erveryone thought we were crazy, all Australian native rainforest species, and now we have trees 18 metres tall, heaps of amazing butterlies (Ulysses and Cairns Birdwing - one irridescent blue, the other irridescent green with a wingspan of up to 15cm), birds and other wildlife.
We also dig a small dam/pond between the Bali Hut and the rainforest, which is full of water lillies. Great place to relax and have kids birthdays etc
For those who have cursed nutgrass- yes it is a mongrel weed, however is reasonably easy to control. We have a herbicide here in Australia called Sempra - not sure if there is an equivalent in the US, however the active ingredient is Halosulfuron. It is a selective herbicide for sedges, so won't kill normal grass lawn, or broadleaf plants in the garden. I used it over all our place, and it is slow to kill (4- 6 weeks), however gets rid of 80% of nutgrass the first hit, then a follow up spray a few months later gets rid of the rest. The reasona it works so well, is it moves slowly through the plant, and will kill most of the nuts (nutgrass ends up with a string of nuts underground).

Where might you be, mate?

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

In his yard, ain't you paying attention?

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Townsville, North Queensland in Australia.

Glourious part of the world...sunshine almost every day of the year, temperatures get up to 25 deg Celcius almost every day by 8-9am. The only parts that are a negative is that there is no surf at the beaches (due to the Great Barrier Reef offshore), and there are crocodiles in a lot of the creeks and rivers - however we still waterski in areas where there are only freshwater crocs (they are harmless) and no saltwater cros. Plus we can waterski all year round due to warm temperatures.

#119 2 years ago

Thanks....figured you were in Queensland...lots of not so nice wildlife and natives!

Was looking for someone in Cairns, so
a friend might see some pinball...

Nice yard....a joy to see!

#121 2 years ago

Salmon fishing

11722327_857510437660018_4021791082342899937_o (resized).jpg

#122 2 years ago

Relaxing on my back patio after a volleyball game (butt in one chair, feet in another).

1497918241441-1448717574 (resized).jpg

#123 2 years ago

Awesome layouts all around here. Looks like we like the outdoors as much as inside flipping. OP has it right, nothing better than relaxing outside. Peaceful.

#124 2 years ago

My Daughter, in moving to Nashville, has found her second floor porch at night has a stunning light show from Fireflies.

Shes seen them only once as a child in NH, and this is a new experience to watch them dance in the night.

Of course the dogs chase them as "light up", sky raisins!

I figure pretty much forever, especially after marriage, a chair in the yard, or a rock, a log, has been an escape for man.

#125 2 years ago

Our rented cabin at Schroon Lake, NY.

Only two weeks away!

Phone pix 023 (resized).jpg

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

My tech support chair I got recently, really good Craigslist score. Replaced my broken 44 year old stool.

I hope you still have the old chair, I would expect the Smithsonian to be calling at any moment!

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

So in retirement, I finished mine, and wanted to share, in the hopes others might share a picture of their
outdoor tranquility....a seat with a view.....

It's not outdoors but here is the only place I get quiet and tranquil time in my life!

MyThrone (resized).jpg

#128 2 years ago

Love it!

Your own Commode of Thorns!

#129 2 years ago

I dunno, I kind of like going to the Animal Kingdom Lodge or Polynesian Village with my wife and kids..made us happy. We try and go as often as possible.

IMG_4115 (resized).JPGIMG_4097 (resized).JPG

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My Daughter, in moving to Nashville, has found her second floor porch at night has a stunning light show from Fireflies.
Shes seen them only once as a child in NH, and this is a new experience to watch them dance in the night.
Of course the dogs chase them as "light up", sky raisins!
I figure pretty much forever, especially after marriage, a chair in the yard, or a rock, a log, has been an escape for man.

Very cool, I have never seen fireflies outside of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland. In real life I bet they are very fun to watch.

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Very cool, I have never seen fireflies outside of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland. In real life I bet they are very fun to watch.

I never knew there were so many places without fireflies. We just take them for granted, I guess.

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I hope you still have the old chair, I would expect the Smithsonian to be calling at any moment!

It was a stool. Same as the other ones in my business. Except every time something bent or broke on them, it went on mine and good part went on the one customers use.

Finally not much left and I had to do something. Sadly, the old one went to dumpester heaven.

LTG : )

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I saw them out for the first time this past season just last weekend! So much rain has led to a fabulous crop!!!!!!!!!!

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I never knew there were so many places without fireflies. We just take them for granted, I guess.

Yeah, but you live in the woods with serial killers.

#135 2 years ago

We call them 'Lightning Bugs' around here.

http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/firefly-1.png

pasted_image (resized).png

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Very cool, I have never seen fireflies outside of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland.

Are you kidding? I had no idea. I have always had lightning bugs. Thousands every night in Dallas as a kid. We would catch them and wait till they flashed and smear them on your shirt. Not so nice looking back.

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

So this might seem a little weird, but my best friend over the last 25 years, we have watched our children grow up, our battles at home and at work, and the world events roll by as we watch the clouds and hawks
fly by.....
We have our Chairs in the Yard....
A place to sit, and chat. Have a cold Beer, or a smoke. Watch the Rain and lightning come in....
For me now, a place to meditate, and reflect.
So in retirement, I finished mine, and wanted to share, in the hopes others might share a picture of their
outdoor tranquility....a seat with a view.....

Are those nepenthes hanging in the background?

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah, but you live in the woods with serial killers.

I don't know why pinball-is-great downvoted this, but yzfguy really does live in the woods with serial killers...which is why he upvoted it.

What...is the heat making you crabby down there in Louisiana?

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Are you kidding? I had no idea. I have always had lightning bugs. Thousands every night in Dallas as a kid. We would catch them and wait till they flashed and smear them on your shirt. Not so nice looking back.

I don't think you had to wait for the flash, just the act of smearing them (yuck) would mix enough of the luciferin and luciferase.

Funny names, they are neither flies nor bugs but beetles, and the light they produce is cold, totally unlike fire or lightning! Some subspecies don't even make light at all!

#140 2 years ago

There, better?
I moved my downvote down to your post #138.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from Steevsee64:

Are those nepenthes hanging in the background?

Oh yeah. I recently relocated these guys, so all new pitchers.
Unfortunately, I can only find 2 varieties here, and have had issues with others Ive imported.
Mostly frost, but also the bigger ones get frogs living in them like a condominium, and Im tired of cleaning frog shit
up!

We use to have lighting bugs all over Orlando, but they disappeared after we had trucks with foggers smoking all the neighborhoods with god knows what for mosquitos...around 1974..they were gone.

pasted_image (resized).png

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

We use to have lighting bugs all over Orlando, but they disappeared after we had trucks with foggers smoking all the neighborhoods with god knows what for mosquitos...around 1974..they were gone.

I'm a little north of you and hadn't ever seen them around the house (been here 17 years) until this year. Figured maybe they finally figured out a way to kill mosquitoes without killing fireflies.

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

There, better?
I moved my downvote down to your post #138.

You're a horrible person. Post upvoted.

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't know why pinball-is-great downvoted this, but yzfguy really does live in the woods with serial killers...which is why he upvoted it.
What...is the heat making you crabby down there in Louisiana?

Answer: Messin with beelze

Sorry for slight thread derail. In a weak attempt to transition back on topic,
I would like to share a moment with sasquatch on a natural chair out in the vast outdoors.

#145 2 years ago

And of course the main chair!
Barb and scooter.......
When she's not playing pinball.

Snuggle 3 (resized).jpg

#146 2 years ago

This has been a real odyssey for the past 3 years. I sold quite a few great pins to help finance it. I'm taking next year off from projects just to sit and relax

IMG_1942 (resized).PNG

IMG_1943 (resized).PNG

IMG_1944 (resized).PNG

IMG_1945 (resized).PNG

IMG_1946 (resized).PNG

IMG_3953 (resized).JPG

IMG_1872 (resized).JPG

IMG_1928 (resized).JPG

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

This has been a real odyssey for the past 3 years. I sold quite a few great pins to help finance it. I'm taking next year off from projects just to sit and relax

And I'm proud to say that I helped to pay for ONE of those cushions on ONE of those chairs! Yay, me!

Beautiful work, John! Guess I'll have to buy another game from you so I can see it in person and take a dip.

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And I'm proud to say that I helped to pay for ONE of those cushions on ONE of those chairs! Yay, me!
Beautiful work, John! Guess I'll have to buy another game from you so I can see it in person and take a dip.

School's almost out! The "traveling for pins" season approaches...
Would love to have you back

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

My hats off to you, looks amazing!

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

That looks really nice. Are you going to setup a projector? I want a deck so bad.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 3.50
Various Other Swag
UpKick Pinball
$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 29.00
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 12.75
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside