3.26.18Sunset.1 (resized).JPG
C0E5DFDA-EE65-4127-8A3A-134019EEBAFA (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
Chair3 (resized).JPG
Chair2 (resized).JPG
Chair1 (resized).JPG
IMG_20171104_165507 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171104_170229 (resized).jpg
There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 6 years ago

("because if all the BS we deal with at work, or sometimes at home, tends to disappear when we hit our "spot".") You could have not said it better OLDPINGUY ! Just got home and did my usual decompression after fighting traffic. Kiss wife, Change clothes, make a drink, watch cows graze, all better!

IMG_4203 (resized).JPGIMG_4203 (resized).JPG

IMG_4204 (resized).JPGIMG_4204 (resized).JPG

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I Love watching some of my plants grow,

Same here...but my love is for those which we eat most...and of course harvesting them with my best friend

20170614_191314 (resized).jpg20170614_191314 (resized).jpg

#53 6 years ago

Love the quiet spaces!
We are blessed the sun sets our way June through Sept.

IMG_0039 (resized).JPGIMG_0039 (resized).JPG

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Must be the Porcelain Thrown, if nothing else, Paul!

Nope......well my finished garage/shop/gameroom II is in the back yard. Does that count.

#55 6 years ago

Riding the Oregon Dunes with my friends and family and catching a beautiful sunset at the end of the day...

IMG_0468 (resized).PNGIMG_0468 (resized).PNG

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Riding the Oregon Dunes with my friends and family and catching a beautiful sunset at the end of the day...

Ha! Reminded me for some reason of this old video

Peaceful thinking

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Ha! Reminded me for some reason of this old video
» YouTube video
Peaceful thinking

Ha ha awesome!

#58 6 years ago

Here are the pair of chairs I built a few years ago out on our front porch - nice when the neighbors come by and chat or to just sit with wife and son. Generally have the dogs trained to stay on the porch when we are out there but yesterday evening the smaller one took off after a deer. They are surprisingly common given how close I am to DC.

IMG_1789 (resized).JPGIMG_1789 (resized).JPG

If you want to build a set for yourself search for a "Jake's Chair" and you'll find the plans.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#59 6 years ago

My new happy place is the 3rd floor deck of our newly renoed downtown Toronto house. Whenever I feel bad about the number of weeds in our yard, I go up to the deck, look into the yards of our neighbours, realize most have far more weeds than we do, and go play pinball instead of weeding.

Photos of neighbours yards with weeds to follow...

#60 6 years ago

I don't really have a great outdoor chair where I can sit and reflect. This house isn't set up great for that, so my decompression chair is in my workshop (garage).

I turn the lights down, turn on some chill music and begin the relaxation.

#61 6 years ago

Christ, this thread makes me want to move! We have a nice backyard I recently cleared but with the tiger mosquito bastards that have moved in the past few years we rarely go outside. I turn 40 in 2 years... my son will be in 4th/5th grade ... looks like I'll be working for quite a while still!

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

My happy place. Nestled in 15 acres of old growth hardwoods backing up to a national forest. Absolute silence and calm amongst the wildlife. It is the only thing keeping me sane after 50hr work weeks in DC. It's a hell of a commute but worth it not to be so close to my neighbor I could piss out my window and in to theirs. Bonus is I get to own a tractor (albeit a baby one) and I have several miles of private trails to atv on and my own 100yd target range/backstop.

Skins Nice tractor! How's that auger work for you? I have a similar rig (orange ) and am considering a similar attachment for landscaping.

#63 6 years ago

My morning happy spot.

20170419_071455 (resized).jpg20170419_071455 (resized).jpg

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

skins Nice tractor! How's that auger work for you? I have a similar rig (orange ) and am considering a similar attachment for landscaping.

It was a fantastic implement to pick-up. I was going around looking for holes to dig. Does well at idle even in my crappy red clay and stone soil. Better than the post hole digger is the artilian setup with the forks. I use my forks all the time.

Digging holes for a garden enclosure, chicken enclosure and pergola swing. I used to dread digging holes, now I look for a reason to. IMG_0211 (resized).JPGIMG_0211 (resized).JPGIMG_0277 (resized).JPGIMG_0277 (resized).JPGIMG_0293 (resized).JPGIMG_0293 (resized).JPG

#65 6 years ago

One of my "Happy Places" ...Home add on Cigar Room...

Picture 005 (resized).jpgPicture 005 (resized).jpg

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

My tech support chair I got recently, really good Craigslist score. Replaced my broken 44 year old stool.
Computer to the left, three of four phones straight ahead.
All the comforts of home.
LTG : )

Love the fire extinguisher right there, just in case!

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

My back yard faces the street but at least the castle wall keeps everyone at bay.

Are you sure you're just not at some super awesome miniature golf place? LOL

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

My tech support chair I got recently, really good Craigslist score. Replaced my broken 44 year old stool.
Computer to the left, three of four phones straight ahead.
All the comforts of home.

I will never, ever complain about my 'boiler room' office again after seeing your picture.

Office6.15.17 (resized).JPGOffice6.15.17 (resized).JPG

#69 6 years ago

I live in a small apartment above the pro shop at my golf course. Here's a view of my 'back yard' from my favorite spot on the deck.

PorchView6.15.17 (resized).JPGPorchView6.15.17 (resized).JPG

#70 6 years ago

These are my summer "happy seats"......anywhere is better than the gray cubicle!!

33693038510_c55c77eb65_o (resized).jpg33693038510_c55c77eb65_o (resized).jpg

Boat wheelie (resized).jpgBoat wheelie (resized).jpg

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

These are my summer "happy seats"......anywhere is better than the gray cubicle!!

What lake are you on in the boat pic?

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

What lake are you on in the boat pic?

That's the Youghiogheny Lake...my folks live nearby and we spend our summer weekends there!
That's my Dad's front yard in the tractor photo.

#73 6 years ago

Just great, Guys!

We chat for so many years, and know if we were to visit, the games and hobby we share, but where we make our peace and stop
to wind down.......So thrilled to see....!!!

Now I know who to visit!!!

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

That's the Youghiogheny Lake...my folks live nearby and we spend our summer weekends there!
That's my Dad's front yard in the tractor photo.

Nice. I live 10 minutes from Lake Erie and don't have a boat, uggggghh

#75 6 years ago

Lake Erie really is.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

How do you like your Crownline boat?I I have a 180BR.Love it.

#77 6 years ago

I've often wondered where vid goes when he wants to relax.

images (1) (resized).jpgimages (1) (resized).jpg

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Love the fire extinguisher right there, just in case!

It usually hangs on a metal cabinet about 10 feet or so to my left. I removed it to paint the cabinet doors. Need it visible and updated to keep the fire marshal happy.

#79 6 years ago

My happy place. The pond got scummy from the recent heat, but the fish are still biting.20170615_175044 (resized).jpg20170615_175044 (resized).jpg

#80 6 years ago

This is the best thread on pinside.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

My happy place. The pond got scummy from the recent heat, but the fish are still biting.

Where are you/is this?

Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

This is the best thread on pinside.

Thank you Kindly!

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Same here...but my love is for those which we eat most...and of course harvesting them with my best friend

Now the gardening. I used to think my old grandpa was crazy tending to his garden.

Now I know he was finding happiness wherever he could. And cultivating it.

But here is a plant that is on my way home from the park. I wheel by it everyday. It bloomed. (Boy did it)

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#83 6 years ago

My chill spot is kinda greasy, amongst 400,000 silicone rings on a dirty ol couch in the garage where I play my bass guitar. Not worthy of a picture.

I'm super jealous of your plants, Art. I do not have a green thumb at all.

#84 6 years ago

my love is for those which we eat most...and of course harvesting them

I think that's what I like most about my yards.

avo2 (resized).jpgavo2 (resized).jpg

avo (resized).jpgavo (resized).jpg

avo3 (resized).jpgavo3 (resized).jpg

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

My chill spot is kinda greasy, amongst 400,000 silicone rings on a dirty ol couch in the garage where I play my bass guitar. Not worthy of a picture.
I'm super jealous of your plants, Art. I do not have a green thumb at all.

Grab an indoor plant, even lucky bamboo...sits in water, impossible to kill...use bottled water,
start talking to it, and it smiles back!

....or a pet!

#86 6 years ago

That's one thing you may not want to plant in your yard. Glad I researched it before I did. It takes over and it is almost impossible to get rid of.

Kind of like nut grass. I had some real fun with that stuff, but I won the battle.

#87 6 years ago

You've got running bamboo and clumping bamboo. Just need to choose the right variety, which is clumping.

#88 6 years ago

Clumping is definitely the better alternative. I was going to plant some running bamboo in a planter next to my neighbor's yard because he was a jerk, but I knew it would probably come back to bite me, so I didn't.

The only way to get rid of the nut grass was to dig it all up and find every last nut. What a chore that was.

#89 6 years ago

Nut sedge is pure hell for an OCD gardener!

unFortunately, while I try to get rid of it, the dogs eat it elsewhere, and I get the seeds!

Bamboo......Oh, yes, I brought a variety that spreads, grows to unreal heights, but put in a larger planter. I gave some to a neighbor 20 years ago.
Still, they cant rid themselves...it sends runners across the property, on the other side of the house, neighbors too!

I grow a few varieties, clumping, of course in the ground. Dwarf Bamboo, Papyrus, Chestnuts, Asian Spinach, Plumeria.....and on. Mostly as Specimens, as opposed to an organized garden. I add my herbs into the landscaping.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Nut sedge is pure hell for an OCD gardener!

No doubt! OCD or not. Mine must have come with a palm tree I planted in the back corner where there wasn't much else. At first it looked like a harmless weed. By the time I figured out what it was and realized I couldn't kill it, it had spread 6 feet from the tree. Digging thru the palm tree roots to get the last nuts was the hard part.

I've got better uses for my property than cultivating nut sedge.

onion (resized).jpgonion (resized).jpg

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Where are you/is this?

Laying on the couch on my deck. In the background you can see my son and the neighbor kid fishing. It's the backyard of my house.

#92 6 years ago

Back in February.

IMG_1567 (resized).JPGIMG_1567 (resized).JPG

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You don't need to work long hours or be rich to be able to relax.

if you need a crutch, how the Fawk did he get up there?

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No doubt! OCD or not. Mine must have come with a palm tree I planted in the back corner where there wasn't much else. At first it looked like a harmless weed. By the time I figured out what it was and realized I couldn't kill it, it had spread 6 feet from the tree. Digging thru the palm tree roots to get the last nuts was the hard part.
I've got better uses for my property than cultivating nut sedge.

errhh, eh, what the f**k is that! I dont have that....that looks alien to me!

Quoted from BillySastard:

Laying on the couch on my deck. In the background you can see my son and the neighbor kid fishing. It's the backyard of my house.

Funny.....ssshhh its a secret!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think that's what I like most about my yards.

so jealous...Those avo's look flippin amazing!

Need to rename this thread "horticulturists paradise"

#96 6 years ago

Those avo's look flippin amazing!

I've got tomatoes going everywhere this year too. And the best part is, I didn't even plant them. They are all volunteers.

#97 6 years ago

The yard is much nicer now that all the plants have come up, and my wife started a garden, but here is my happy place. A small yard in an amazing neighborhood in an incredible city. I can't believe how lucky we are.

20170414_160627346_iOS (resized).jpg20170414_160627346_iOS (resized).jpg

#98 6 years ago

I like the little green chair......someone special must sit there!

#99 6 years ago

I love spending time in the yard with the kids and the dog.

0605171915 (resized).jpg0605171915 (resized).jpg

#100 6 years ago

My go to chair to relax:

IMG_20170615_180848_927 (resized).jpgIMG_20170615_180848_927 (resized).jpg

There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chair-in-the-yard/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.