1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 195 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 64 days ago by Dooskie
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 139 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MorningPic10.10.18 (resized).JPG
toilet-flower-pot (resized).jpg
1B0B7C80-4F1E-4261-81AB-FC8560A9805C (resized).jpeg
7177F217-1F0B-4FFB-8DAB-F6000660C5D9 (resized).jpeg
20180604_204000 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180326_191217 (resized).jpg
3.26.18Sunset.2 (resized).JPG
3.26.18Sunset.1 (resized).JPG
C0E5DFDA-EE65-4127-8A3A-134019EEBAFA (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
Chair3 (resized).JPG
Chair2 (resized).JPG
Chair1 (resized).JPG
IMG_20171104_165507 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171104_170229 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).JPG

There are 195 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 1 year ago

So this might seem a little weird, but my best friend over the last 25 years, we have watched our children grow up, our battles at home and at work, and the world events roll by as we watch the clouds and hawks
fly by.....

We have our Chairs in the Yard....

A place to sit, and chat. Have a cold Beer, or a smoke. Watch the Rain and lightning come in....
For me now, a place to meditate, and reflect.

So in retirement, I finished mine, and wanted to share, in the hopes others might share a picture of their
outdoor tranquility....a seat with a view.....

porch (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

My chairs & seats are still quite mobile. I'll be 56 in July, and need to work and earn some more money, so not retiring soon.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

have our Chairs in the Yard....
A place to sit, and chat. Have a cold Beer, or a smoke. Watch the Rain and lightning come in....
So in retirement, I finished mine, and wanted to share, in the hopes others might share a picture of their

My "chairs" are fold-out chairs, and the seats in my canoe and my kayak. These seats usually end up at places with quite a view.
Canoes and kayaks can help you glide from one scenic spot to another for hours.
Like minded friends and I in local paddle club and Louisiana Hiking Club go to some of the most scenic places in Louisiana and in other states. When the weather is cool enough for camping out, we gather our fold-out chairs around the campfire at night, or perhaps along a sandbar in the daytime on certain paddle trips. I'm glad my daughter likes going on outdoor adventures with me. Good times.

Here is a few pics. Keep flippin oldpinguy.
20170519_200154 (resized).jpg
Mike-BuffaloCove-July31-2011 (resized).jpg

Sandbar-VillageCreek-SE_TX (4) (resized).jpg
sandbar-campsite-RedCreek-MS-May2013 (resized).JPG
IMG_5441 (resized).JPG

#3 1 year ago

Simply Gorgeous!

Its funny, I would canoe some the Florida Springs, and never worried about the Gators, but when I think of Louisiana, the TV shows make me think you couldnt possibly do, as you do!

But movable chairs are the best kind, as one meets new people and never ending new views!

Glad your daughter enjoys it with you, and your health continues...!

Love the Cypress!

#4 1 year ago

My tech support chair I got recently, really good Craigslist score. Replaced my broken 44 year old stool.

Computer to the left, three of four phones straight ahead.

All the comforts of home.

LTG : )

chair (resized).JPG

#5 1 year ago

Is that where you spend most of your time, Lloyd?

Can I get you a plant?

#6 1 year ago

Moved to hobbies without flippers per request of OP.

#7 1 year ago

After work I like to work out, dive into pool and swim two laps, grab a beer and sit back in my zero gravity chair and watch the hawks fly above my house for about a half an hour. It's a good for the soul to watch nature.

#8 1 year ago

They are amazing!

What kind do you see?

We have always had red tail, who are seen with a Rodent, or snake as food,
but just this year we got white Swallow Tail Hawks...they look like the T2 ship!

Couldnt agree with you more about nature!

#10 1 year ago

I have seen the world pass by, life an uncomfortable urge to find a seat. Finally I have mine... an oasis of relief in a time of uncertainty and moral constipation.

image (resized).jpeg

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

They are amazing!
What kind do you see?
We have always had red tail, who are seen with a Rodent, or snake as food,
but just this year we got white Swallow Tail Hawks...they look like the T2 ship!
Couldnt agree with you more about nature!

I think they're red tails and cooper's hawks. I think we have Swallow tails as well.

#12 1 year ago

Here's where I spend a lot of my free time...

12806194_10153450561988443_6378403417598315040_n (resized).jpg

#13 1 year ago

My current back yard.
A public Place near me I do rehab. Every day. I've already been there once and it's 9:20 am.

That's the way it is right now. Maybe I'll sleep in again someday.

image (resized).jpeg

#14 1 year ago

image (resized).jpeg

#15 1 year ago

Great Views!!!

I think we all kinda know what our games look like, but where we go to run away from it all,
is a Joy to see!

#16 1 year ago

Here's my chair (and bed) in the yard.

DSC00271 (resized).JPG

DSC00263 (resized).JPG

#18 1 year ago

Here's my happy place. Say what you like about Jersey but it suits me just fine!

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 1.06.54 PM (resized).png

#19 1 year ago

Wife and I love enjoying our yard and view this time of year!

FullSizeRender.jpg (resized).jpeg

#20 1 year ago

The chairman.

1 (resized).jpg

#21 1 year ago

Some views of my back yard.

20170604_152849 (resized).jpg

20170610_141913 (resized).jpg

#22 1 year ago

Great thread! I'd like to participate by including a picture of my wife's face, but I can't find one just now.

#23 1 year ago

I've got two spots in the backyard. It just depends if I want to watch the chicken channel or the bee channel. lol My garden area is a fenced off section of my larger fenced yard area, and the bees are in the corner behind the greenhouse. It's fun to sit about 4 feet out from the entrance and watch them, because it's like an airport with them constantly coming in carrying pollen and going right back out. I just got them in late May and am still learning, but they're doing well and are super gentle bees that have no interest in messing with me at all.

The other chair is in the chicken coop, so that I can watch my 4 crazy birds. I hand raised them from 1 day old, and the red one is quite the spoiled brat that will scream for me if she sees me in the other part of the yard, so I always have to go visit and give them treats. This pic is after they dug themselves a hole to lay in, and somehow kicked out all the sand from their tire sand box.

yard (resized).jpg

bees (resized).jpg

chair (resized).jpg

garden (resized).jpg

chicks (resized).jpg

#24 1 year ago

I can't seem to ever get out of this chair...

IMG_6640 (resized).JPG

#25 1 year ago

Does this count? The view is ever changing.

Valkyrie1 (resized).jpg

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

My current back yard.
A public Place near me I do rehab. Every day. I've already been there once and it's 9:20 am.

I need to get over there and check it out next time I'm in Downey.

Edit: And speaking of the Apollo program, saw this in Arizona last month:

IMG_0711 (resized).JPG
IMG_0712 (resized).JPG

#27 1 year ago

Personally, and honestly, thank you all for sharing....it really means a great deal to me, because if all the BS we deal with at work, or sometimes at home, tends to disappear when we hit our "spot".

Even if you are on a Bike, sure, need to get away, clear your head, then its important.

For whatever reasons, every post brings me a big smile, so for my selfish personal therapy, Thank you and keep em coming.

I hope others find joy in sharing as well.

Quoted from blondetall:

I've got two spots in the backyard. It just depends if I want to watch the chicken channel or the bee channel. lol My garden area is a fenced off section of my larger fenced yard area, and the bees are in the corner behind the greenhouse. It's fun to sit about 4 feet out from the entrance and watch them, because it's like an airport with them constantly coming in carrying pollen and going right back out. I just got them in late May and am still learning, but they're doing well and are super gentle bees that have no interest in messing with me at all.
The other chair is in the chicken coop, so that I can watch my 4 crazy birds. I hand raised them from 1 day old, and the red one is quite the spoiled brat that will scream for me if she sees me in the other part of the yard, so I always have to go visit and give them treats. This pic is after they dug themselves a hole to lay in, and somehow kicked out all the sand from their tire sand box.

Whos doing all the work, M, in the Garden? The Garden looks Great!

You or Bill?

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

My current back yard.

Rockwell had something to do with Apollo and Downey.....

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Whos doing all the work, M, in the Garden? The Garden looks Great!
You or Bill?

You know it's all me playing in the yard. He's usually hiding from the sun or drugged up trying to control the migraines, so I keep busy. I'm getting pretty good at the riding mower, and built everything in the garden up this year except the arch since I did it last year. This weekend I'm working on building an aviary for my new quail I hatched out. Turning my house into a tiny homestead, it seems. Hope you aren't melting down there in the heat.

#30 1 year ago

Sadly I don't do too much hanging out in the yard since I don't smoke anymore. Looking forward to growing the kids up and getting them out so i can pick it back up if it's still possible.

#31 1 year ago

I start over on the right side loungers, then head over to the cabana for ice cold beers in the fridge to get my exercise, i make several trips back and forth

Pool2 (resized).jpg

Pool1 (resized).jpg

#32 1 year ago

The best stress relieving/drinking/zen spot is my coast house and hanging out with my pelican buddy.

Pelican (resized).jpg

#33 1 year ago

My back yard faces the street but at least the castle wall keeps everyone at bay.

IMG_3307 (resized).PNG

#34 1 year ago

Wow Ice...looks like you make at least 100 figurines a year...

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Simply Gorgeous!
Its funny, I would canoe some the Florida Springs, and never worried about the Gators, but when I think of Louisiana, the TV shows make me think you couldnt possibly do, as you do!
But movable chairs are the best kind, as one meets new people and never ending new views!
Glad your daughter enjoys it with you, and your health continues...!
Love the Cypress!

I've canoed the Chipola River up near Marianna, didn't think much about the Gators there. Art, I don't have a chair, but I need to get one. As was said earlier. Keep on Flippin...

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The best stress relieving/drinking/zen spot is my coast house and hanging out with my pelican buddy.

That's a funny looking Pelican

#37 1 year ago

You don't need to work long hours or be rich to be able to relax.

roofpotato_dailypicks (resized).jpg

#38 1 year ago

My back deck. Can't wait for this again!

snow porch 2 (resized).jpg

#39 1 year ago

My place of solace tends to be the national parks. With both myself and my fiancé being environmental scientists, we go wherever our jobs, and research, take us.

IMG_6219 (resized).JPG

IMG_6218 (resized).JPG

#40 1 year ago

Heres where I go to 'decompress'. Up this high-you can have any seat you want... I get my exercise walking up the grandstand, then after the race-its always nice to cool off.

257220_1776397731964_938273_o (resized).jpg
240869_1789357815958_1295036_o (resized).jpg

#41 1 year ago

My happy place. Nestled in 15 acres of old growth hardwoods backing up to a national forest. Absolute silence and calm amongst the wildlife. It is the only thing keeping me sane after 50hr work weeks in DC. It's a hell of a commute but worth it not to be so close to my neighbor I could piss out my window and in to theirs. Bonus is I get to own a tractor (albeit a baby one) and I have several miles of private trails to atv on and my own 100yd target range/backstop.

IMG_0843 (resized).JPGIMG_0833 (resized).JPGIMG_2272 (resized).PNG

#42 1 year ago

My happy place changes each weekend.
Many spots within an hour from home to go in the motorhome.
Forget the stress of work and soak up the million dollars views.
Another bonus is lots of these places have no cell reception.

IMG_1274 (resized).JPGIMG_1104 (resized).JPG

Last weekend (winter here in New Zealand now)
Off to the beach again this weekend.

IMG_2036 (resized).JPG

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Does this count?

Well, you did say Chair in the yard...... so I decided that the view from my chair in my yard is probably better than the one of my bike.

From here I can watch the storms roll in or the horses graze or the grass grow. Have plenty of time to do that now as I recently retired from a national wireless company. Time for this and my grandkids. Life is good!

20170614_191819 (resized).jpg

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

So this might seem a little weird, but my best friend over the last 25 years, we have watched our children grow up, our battles at home and at work, and the world events roll by as we watch the clouds and hawks
fly by.....
We have our Chairs in the Yard....

I sat on that bench when I was there didn't I or did you just get it? That space looks great Art.

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

and hanging out with my pelican buddy

Quoted from pinbum:

That's a funny looking Pelican

If you feed your Great Blue Heron buddy a couple tasty morsels every once in a while he/she probably won't care if you call him your pelican buddy. Tasty morsels would be like: small live fish/lizards/snakes/frogs.

#46 1 year ago

I aint got no back yard happy place.

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

My back deck. Can't wait for this again!

Something I see several times every winter.

Quoted from mbaumle:

My place of solace tends to be the national parks. With both myself and my fiancé being environmental scientists, we go wherever our jobs, and research, take us.

From the looks of it, I'd follow your girlfriend around too.

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I aint got no back yard happy place.

Must be the Porcelain Thrown, if nothing else, Paul!
1 bench new....1 repainted......

Quoted from Half_Life:

Well, you did say Chair in the yard...... so I decided that the view from my chair in my yard is probably better than the one of my bike.
From here I can watch the storms roll in or the horses graze or the grass grow. Have plenty of time to do that now as I recently retired from a national wireless company. Time for this and my grandkids. Life is good!

Welcome to Retirement! I Love watching some of my plants grow, like my pitcher plants!

20170613_192319 (1) (resized).jpg

#49 1 year ago

IMG_3094 (resized).PNG

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

If you feed your Great Blue Heron buddy a couple tasty morsels every once in a while he/she probably won't care if you call him your pelican buddy. Tasty morsels would be like: small live fish/lizards/snakes/frogs.

Lots of pelicans down there too. Heron much more regal looking!

He/she hangs out and dive bombs the lake for all of the tasty treats mentioned above.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Multigame
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
£ 45.00
Lighting - Other
PinballToys
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 199.99
$ 229.99
€ 50.00
Boards
FLIPPROJETS
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 11.95
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
$ 53.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 195 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside