(Topic ID: 293268)

Chain link fence - what could have made this hole?

By djtkach

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by djtkach
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What could have caused the hole in the fence?”

• Bored/drunk/other person kicked through it for fun 13 votes
      43%
    • Animal with a good running start didn't see the fence and hit it 1 vote
      3%
    • Something chewed/ate through it 4 votes
      13%
    • No clue 4 votes
      13%
    • Don't care 8 votes
      27%

(30 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

visitors-can-aim-their-cameras-through-a-hole-in-the-fence-that-was-CWKM5H (resized).jpg
    240B8D1E-1A99-43E6-90DE-605DE9274A35.jpeg
    a4a47f93a7d07ef2daf3f3844f4b16d1--sean-penn (resized).jpg
    ar133884223879301 (resized).jpg
    E8126F16-6E00-4F95-A766-45FCBF250AE6 (resized).jpeg
    36111F27-8E0E-47D9-9A6C-A24445370FE9 (resized).jpeg
    E92B52CC-2FD9-466D-9403-7A59D5252B8E (resized).jpeg
    fence (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

This one has me stumped...noticed the bottom of our chain link fence was pushed out towards the neighbours yard, and when I went closer to look at it I see there is a hole in fence. Fence is 40" tall, hole is about 18" off the ground and approximately 8" in diameter. It looks like something hit the fence, either hard enough to push through in one shot or repeatedly until it broke through. No signs of other damage anywhere on the property, and no real reason to make a hole to get to the other side given how easy it is to go over or under the fence.

Thoughts??

fence (resized).jpg
    #2 1 year ago

I'd suspect something got tangled in the chain link fence. Mower, weed whacker, and when freed resulted in bending the chain link resulting in what looks like a hole.

A fence south of me has a similar smaller hole. Metal bar on a snowplow did it.

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

Terminator!

E92B52CC-2FD9-466D-9403-7A59D5252B8E (resized).jpeg
    #5 1 year ago

That is actually a fence, not a post.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

ROFL!

#7 1 year ago

Chinese rocket debris.

#8 1 year ago

Must resist dirty joke. Must resist dirty joke.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Take my thumbs up you sob lmao

#10 1 year ago

Previous bullshit answers, for God's sake it's a cyberattack, happens all the time.

#11 1 year ago

No clue, so weird.

#12 1 year ago

Demodog?

36111F27-8E0E-47D9-9A6C-A24445370FE9 (resized).jpeg
    #13 1 year ago

Did you recently get 5G service in the area.

#14 1 year ago

Meteorite, check the line of trajectory. Maybe you will get lucky and find one large enough to finance Sterns new Mandelorian

#15 1 year ago

Someone booted it with a steel toe boot for 2 hours

#16 1 year ago

Chupacabra.

#17 1 year ago

Gloryhole

#18 1 year ago

Probably was black

#19 1 year ago

That's from a murder hornet. Happened to my neighbor's fence. Call vector control ASAP.

And don't open any of your doors or windows until they get there.

#20 1 year ago

1st thought some dumb animal that doesn’t give a fuck. Maybe an opossum got tangled up

#21 1 year ago
    E8126F16-6E00-4F95-A766-45FCBF250AE6 (resized).jpeg
    #22 1 year ago

Coyotes.
    They tore the same hole in my chicken coop

#23 1 year ago

I’m going with some drunk guys with a potato gun. Years ago some I put a hole through a wood fence firing a potato gun like a bazooka.

#24 1 year ago
    ar133884223879301 (resized).jpg
    #25 1 year ago

Have you seen anyone resembling this characters?

a4a47f93a7d07ef2daf3f3844f4b16d1--sean-penn (resized).jpg
    #26 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Mower, weed whacker, and when freed resulted in bending the chain link resulting in what looks like a hole.

Lots of good thoughts...thanks. No equipment runs near it given the location so unlikely to be this, but I can see how that would occur. Not ruling out aliens and that, but I keep coming back to either vandalism or a tangled animal thrashed its way out and left behind a mess. Lots of coyotes in the area so that aligns with embryonjohn

We did get 5G in the neighbourhood though...and fibre to boot...so maybe that's interfering with the cosmic balance and drawing small meteorites?

#27 1 year ago

neighbors did it to let their dog go thru and poop on your lawn instead of theirs

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

Coyotes.
    They tore the same hole in my chicken coop

Ive also seen similar holes made by coyotes and bears.

#29 1 year ago

If it was an animal, pretty much guaranteed there would be some fur caught in the chain link

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

If it was an animal, pretty much guaranteed there would be some fur caught in the chain link

That's what has me leaning vandal versus animal...but it is a pretty strange place in the yard for someone to decide to hang around and kick a hole to nowhere in a fence. Not that vandalism has to make any sense of course.

#31 1 year ago
    240B8D1E-1A99-43E6-90DE-605DE9274A35.jpeg
    #32 1 year ago

Me sneaking out of you house , because you came home early

#34 1 year ago

Nah, there'd be pubes and other stuff stuck in it....

#35 1 year ago

It was me, shoe died.

#36 1 year ago

Its a gobble hole

#37 1 year ago

Look at the buildup of greyish material in the neigbor's yard where the hole was made and also it looks like there is a divot in the neighbor's yard as you look through the bottom of the hole. Possibly a broken branch on that shrub as well. I'm thinking animal, but I'd expect to see some fur stuck in the fence.

It kinda looks like an outline of Patrick Stewart's face...

Quoted from PinballAir:

Its a gobble hole

Only one way to find out. Still pretty cold up there though...

#38 1 year ago
    visitors-can-aim-their-cameras-through-a-hole-in-the-fence-that-was-CWKM5H (resized).jpg
    #39 1 year ago

I have trouble with the animal theory.
    It is possible.
    But that type of fence is generally pretty strong steel. (unless it came from Home Crapo or Blowes)
    I think there should be flesh left. In fact, the critter should still be there IMO.

#40 1 year ago

Yeah I keep coming back to this - if it were animal, there would likely be some kind of evidence - fur, feather, blood, whatever showing it was there. That or the animal would have bounced off it like this little guy with the hedge, from another Pinside thread.

I'll take a closer look tomorrow for any animal evidence, but likely either vandal, terminator, meteor or aliens. Maybe a few Friday night beers will get the creativity flowing.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-animated-gif-thread/page/239#post-6281553

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!