(Topic ID: 193181)

Chads code on Hook?

By Hollywoodbone

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Wondering if any one has played hook with chads code and how it fairs to the original. I don't care much for the original but it's a cheap pin and looks good so I was hoping it improved it greatly!
    Thanks Greg

#2 6 years ago

I wouldn't say it suddenly makes it worth owning unless you've got some other attachment (theme, etc). Even after, it's still a game with an average layout, bad callouts, and basic/standard rules. All that it seems to do is remove your ability to just repeat the same shot forever for points. From my playtime it just seems to be balancing it for tournament play somewhat. Granted I've only played it on location, so an actual owner's opinion may have seen better insight.

#3 6 years ago

Of course Greg is inquiring about a Hook...really? Boy oh boy can't wait to review that one....said no one ever. While you're at it, go ahead and pick up a BTTF so you can have the dynamic duo of turds

#4 6 years ago

Looks like a whole bunch of improvements to me:

http://www.pinballcode.com/hook5

#5 6 years ago

Fuck the haters! Hook is an awesome game!

#6 6 years ago

Zmeny always hating on my DE and Sega pins!!!! Bastard

3 months later
    #7 6 years ago

hook is a verry cool nostalgia game hope that someone sells this code rom in the netherlands
    don't hate zack hes got a different taste
    and he and others keep DE games avordable!

love your'e show guys!

If anyone sells this rom version in the Netherlands please gimme a shout!

#8 6 years ago

Drop me a PM jorro. No problem to shoot a few roms for you. Just a small compensation for the roms en the shipment....(and perform a donation to Chad for his awesome work )

#9 6 years ago

Thanx again MarAlb!

This code is soooo mutch better, a musthave

Chad is a wizzard, i used to own a jp with his code also mutch better ballanced!!!
    Chad i send you some beer money

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

hook is a verry cool nostalgia game hope that someone sells this code rom in the netherlands
    don't hate zack hes got a different taste
    and he and others keep DE games avordable!
    love your'e show guys!
    If anyone sells this rom version in the Netherlands please gimme a shout!

Thank you you for watching the show!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chads-code-on-hook and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.