(Topic ID: 41568)

ChadNC 1 More SWEET TRON mod- (Big Thanks Alex Levy&Drano)

By ChadNC

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by cscmtp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

#1 6 years ago

So I thought I'd show off my new Tron Armor. Alex Levy(Pinchroma) Did the powder. Drano cut out some mirror blades for behind the laser cutting. Some of you know I wanted to do this for over a year. I must say the end result is very satisfying. Big thanks to Alex and Drano!!

image.jpg

#2 6 years ago

Rails

image.jpg

#3 6 years ago

Hinges

image.jpg

#4 6 years ago

Still waiting on my shooter housing and the glue to dry on my lockdown. It seperated when I had a local guy do the prep work.

image.jpg image.jpg

#5 6 years ago

Freaking nice!!!
Great line up too!

#6 6 years ago

I would buy your orange one old one? Looks great, really good!
Buddy

#7 6 years ago

Need to come see you , I will be close this weekend but have plenty of honey do's to make up for 2:45 in morning from past Saturday.

#8 6 years ago

Very very cool.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I would buy your orange one old one? Looks great, really good!
Buddy

I only have the orange legs which would look good on Tron or NBA

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from triadwatch:

Need to come see you , I will be close this weekend but have plenty of honey do's to make up for 2:45 in morning from past Saturday.

You know your welcome any time

#12 6 years ago

Side rails look good. You should try adding colored paper behind rails to make cuttout areas pop. Orange or yellow.would look best.

#13 6 years ago

wow that looks sweet!

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Side rails look good. You should try adding colored paper behind rails to make cuttout areas pop. Orange or yellow.would look best.

I thought about EL Paper but ultimately added the mirror blade chrome behind it.

#15 6 years ago

Absolutely the best look for armor yet! These would sell out.

#16 6 years ago

Fantastic looking but I think blue is a little dark but could be the lighting. The engraving looks fantastic who did that work?

Congrats one nice Tron. (I am a bit picky with tron blue color so I mean no harm by my comments about color).

Going to do something like this one day.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Fantastic looking but I think blue is a little dark but could be the lighting. The engraving looks fantastic who did that work?
Congrats one nice Tron. (I am a bit picky with tron blue color so I mean no harm by my comments about color).
Going to do something like this one day.

It was a set that PBL did and sold. Pinchroma sandblasted the orange and did a 3 stage powder on it. It was shot with SuperChrome- then A translucent Blue and then Clearcoat. Very deep and it matches the Pin great.

#18 6 years ago

That's very nice!
I stayed away from the orange PBL set myself, but this is a nice alternative.
Glad the mirror chrome backer worked out. Careful with the hinges. Make sure there is no friction on the cabinet.

I wish I was still making the metallic blue blades. They would've looked hot on the inside!

#19 6 years ago

Congrats Chad and thanks for all the info. Call me odd but I have dreams of having blue neon running right under the side rails.

#20 6 years ago

Hellz YES that looks sweet. Excellent work. When I get my tron I will very much like to pick up a set of these. =/ if more are made to sell.

Thanks for posting sexy tron indeed.

#21 6 years ago

that looks really classy, very tasteful, leave it just the way it is.

#22 6 years ago

That is absolutely gorgeous! Very jealous!

#23 6 years ago

Freaking awesome Chad!!!

#24 6 years ago

Wow if only some one made them for all pins or did custom orders. That is one awesome looking tron!

#26 6 years ago

That turned out great, Chad! If only someone made them like that without requiring all the custom work, I think it would be the new standard.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

That turned out great, Chad! If only someone made them like that without requiring all the custom work, I think it would be the new standard.

Thanks guys. I think it gives it a great look. Adding mirror blades today. I've got more money in mods than I do in my entire NBAFB Pin! Rediculous but fun.

#29 6 years ago

Nice color, where on earth did you figure out what color to use?

#30 6 years ago

I color matched it. This isn't a standard or ral color

#31 6 years ago

Hey ChadNC im not a huge fan of the whole armor thing but that right there my friend is sweet as hell! GREAT JOB GUYS!!! now.....how much for my set??

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Nice color, where on earth did you figure out what color to use?

I started off with the IFS color you sent and then Alex found one that was close but in his preferred brand but Darker. Big thanks to you (Craig)! for the inspiration to do a Transparent Blue!! When I saw your Blue and Orange Laser cut. I knew it had to happen!

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Hey ChadNC im not a huge fan of the whole armor thing but that right there my friend is sweet as hell! GREAT JOB GUYS!!! now.....how much for my set??

Just see if you can round up a PBL set or use a plasma cutter and send it to Alex!

#34 6 years ago

That looks really nice!

#35 6 years ago

That looks great!

#36 6 years ago

If Pinball Life had this color of blue instead of the orange, I would be buying a set today.

I used to be team orange, but now I'm back to being team blue.

Beautiful armor!

Marcus

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

If Pinball Life had this color of blue instead of the orange, I would be buying a set today.
I used to be team orange, but now I'm back to being team blue.
Beautiful armor!
Marcus

I emailed Terry saying this yesterday, please do the same and maybe he will make a blue run. I have zero interest in orange.

#38 6 years ago

I would buy a set of those. They look really sharp. SWEET LOOKING!

#39 6 years ago

I emailed him pics of my take on his product. I could take blank sets to a machine shop and use mine as samples and make them. But it would be an infringement on his product. Dont wanna upset anyone. Maybe he will like it and have some made if theres enough demand im sure he would.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I emailed Terry saying this yesterday, please do the same and maybe he will make a blue run. I have zero interest in orange.

or have him do them in raw and ill do them in any color that suits your fancy.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

That's what I was thinking too Alex. If he doesn't care if I do them, Ill buy raw and cut them at my uncles machine shop and send them to you.

#42 6 years ago

Considering doing theese. Checking interest in a preorder in the thread below:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tron-blue-laser-cut-armor-with-mirror-or-el-inserts

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

How much is it to do a full raw armor set?

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

How much is it to do a full raw armor set?

Check the new thread. Its gonna be the cheapest possible.

#45 6 years ago

For those that don't know him personally, Chad is the most honest and stand up guy you will EVER find in this hobby.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lynn, MA
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside