(Topic ID: 329610)

Twilight Zone remake? CGC or other company…

By Richard-NBA-SF2

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4564 (resized).png
IMG_20231130_132631.gif
Pinside_forum_7482342_0.gif
giphy.gif
IMG_5945 (resized).jpeg
7_0918_1200x (resized).jpg
1_0920_1200x (resized).jpg
IMG_5932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5915 (resized).jpeg
8cd40893eeeb9561ce8fe6414cb9f6cc (resized).jpg
158A3C79-913A-482B-8AB3-C804FA1CCF5F.gif
neil-hamburger-3 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
AVvXsEhyBYr2WQF1SRq_2cEZL_eXNUwTaJHge1L19HaOUnPDLHlzC9n6c7KujdzQX1lgeOjHzdFY5Bk0t6dQL6s1ITM4PVwfwo_wLvprcsKLnj4BuzMY7FHKYb1VA7I2
IMG_0933 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3679 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nc_pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Are people really going to shell out £12K for a TZ? and an LE at 13-14k?
I find it hard to believe given there are still other games that could be done much cheaper that would sell way more like any of the clown pins TOM, TOTAN and CV...
Cheers,
Neil.

It seems like an odd rumor. TZ is an expensive game to make, a wide body, difficult license, and not incredibly expensive on the aftermarket.

That and CGC isn’t even close to finishing the CCr remakes.

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Licensing most likely isn't a problem for this at all. Pinball Arcade did its virtual remake of TZ with no trouble. Reports are that the CBS/Paramount corporate entity is pretty easy to deal with in general. Pinball Arcade also did STTNG which is the same corporate parent. And CGC did do a license already, with the Universal monsters on Monster Bash.
Pinball Arcade was also able to do Addams Family, minus only Christopher Lloyd who wanted more money than they would pay, so they just redid Fester's artwork instead.

The belief was that it was the licensing with Rod Serling estate which made it tricky

#114 1 year ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

How many of you current TZ owners would ditch your original machine for a remake?

I’d definitely be keeping mine

#115 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I'd like to see TOTAN as well if the code were extended/tweaked.
But I have it on very good authority that the TOTAN license is currently unavailable. Not sure if it's due to the Mirco TOTAN kit or what - I just know that they couldn't do TOTAN right now even if they wanted to.

I wish they would do whitewater

#149 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

IJ TPA is based on the first 3 Indy movies only, 3rd movie was done in 1989 I think. I know nothing of the licensing process, but I would think extracting revenue from old movies would be a bonus for any movie producer.

It’s the opposite- with a 5th movie coming out they will want all of the attention on the newer releases.

It is very likely the reason why we got a Toy Story 4 pin

#151 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

It’s the opposite- with a 5th movie coming out they will want all of the attention on the newer releases.
It is very likely the reason why we got a Toy Story 4 pin

Also… we are not sure who owns all of the licenses…. There are no guarantees that all of stakeholders in the 5th film are the same as the first 3.

#156 1 year ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

It's a beast of a game to redo...congrats to CGC if they do it

They are struggling with Cactus Canyon… TZ is in a different league

#167 1 year ago
Quoted from KJL:

or why anyone thinks TZs rules are shallow. I think the nuances of that game would be longer than a stern rulesheet.

Yeah TZ is probably the deepest Bally/Williams game. I haven't played them all - but there is a lot to do on TZ

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#179 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It just doesn't make much sense for me for all the reasons stated, unless they've decided to go all-in on the widebodies (TZ/IJ) in the next 5 years.
The prices would be well into the five figures, so they'd basically be changing their current model from selling a lot for less to selling fewer for much more.

Yeah... although there is a lot of smoke on this one. It is a bit of a head scratcher.

#188 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

The stamp is CCC. Churchhill Cabinet Company.

which is now CGC

#238 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

ToTAN would be very successful. Shoot, FH would have a ton of demand too.

Yeah… an updated Funhouse

And

Whitewater.

#291 1 year ago
Quoted from frobozz:

There are three holes for the front legs too. That was Jim Patla's clever (patented!) idea for not having to ship games with shorter legs for markets that wanted the games to sit lower. Obviously the game should be set up with all legs bolted into the lower two holes for normal US height, or all legs bolted into the upper two holes if you want the game to sit lower; the holes shouldn't be mixed to alter the pitch of the game.
https://image-ppubs.uspto.gov/dirsearch-public/print/downloadPdf/5465963

Ahh I wondered why it was like this! Thank you for that tidbit!

#301 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Already reached out to a distributor and I’m now #1 on the list once this is officially announced!

I wouldn’t clear out a space anytime soon.

I ordered my Monsters Bash LE and my Cactus Canyon LE on the first day both were made available…. I’ll get them 4 YEARS apart.

#308 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

If someone already has an order for 1500 ramps, I doubt they are going to wait 4 years to roll out

Oh they rolled our CCr 2 1/2 years after I received my Monster Bash LE! The last year and a half has just been me waiting on a game after I paid my deposit.

I'd be mildly surprised if the first TZr reached someone before 2026.

2 weeks later
#393 1 year ago
Quoted from CQQLKAT-LEE:

In what proved to be a very poor choice, Rod Serling sold the rights to The Twilight Zone to CBS, so his daughters Anne and Jody do not have the rights to Twilight Zone.

He may have sold the rights to the show, but they may not have the rights to his likeness. If anything, it just makes everything more complicated.

1 month later
#447 11 months ago

I think you would struggle to find any original mm for $10k. I think they are all in the $12k range… nice ones are probably $15k…. But again they almost never come up for sale. It is the one game that the original seems to shoot better than the remakes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 79.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nc_pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-twilight-zone-remake-?tu=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.