(Topic ID: 329610)

Twilight Zone remake? CGC or other company…

By Richard-NBA-SF2

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 852 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by dtmail209
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4564 (resized).png
IMG_20231130_132631.gif
Pinside_forum_7482342_0.gif
giphy.gif
IMG_5945 (resized).jpeg
7_0918_1200x (resized).jpg
1_0920_1200x (resized).jpg
IMG_5932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5915 (resized).jpeg
8cd40893eeeb9561ce8fe6414cb9f6cc (resized).jpg
158A3C79-913A-482B-8AB3-C804FA1CCF5F.gif
neil-hamburger-3 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
AVvXsEhyBYr2WQF1SRq_2cEZL_eXNUwTaJHge1L19HaOUnPDLHlzC9n6c7KujdzQX1lgeOjHzdFY5Bk0t6dQL6s1ITM4PVwfwo_wLvprcsKLnj4BuzMY7FHKYb1VA7I2
IMG_0933 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3679 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmr61184.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 1 year ago

That thing has to cost a fortune. It’s packed with so many toys

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I don't think it will jump that much. My guess is 9k standard/10k LE.
I would be in fo sho on a 3 magnet CGC TZ.

What makes the 3rd magnet so special. I have a TZ and still can’t figure it out

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I had a very very nice example..was fun. Don't miss it enough to get a remake if done...love CGC's stuff...was hoping Taf someday.

That would be a tough one, Christopher Lloyd apparently won’t give his blessing. I guess they could change the look of uncle fester to more like the show but assume that would create another set of license requests

#103 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We’re in the era of the NIBNEWB. Haven’t you seen gameroom pics over the past few years? Zero classics. 100% Stern lineups, sometimes sprinkled with a CGC Remake or JJP. There are lots of pin buyers who won’t even entertain the idea of a used pin.

More for us then!!!! They will pay for a HEP restoration though or something equivalent

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

Heck no. Ive had mine since the mid 90's

Not a chance

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

One question I have is how popular is the theme to newer/younger players?
For most people these days their only experience with Twilight Zone is the Tower of Terror ride at Disney and even that may disappear in the next few years.

I think it’s gone already

#128 1 year ago

Is it my imagination or is the pitch of a TZ less than most games. I love TZ it’s one of my forever in collection game but I find it plays slower than most games. For full disclosure my TZ is in the pipeline to be restored also wondering if a clear coat will speed that up too

#131 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

This is 100% happening. I posted something back on the forum 2-3 months ago when I got confirmation that this would be their next remake. I can't wait to see what they do with it (topper) etc. Should be a GREAT seller.

Just curious so no way trying to be an ass, but how do you have this insider knowledge on next game. In the end I am excited to see it come out if they do create it I am just surprised it will sell that well and will also be cost effective to make.

#134 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I would guess if he answers how or who he got the information from it will be the last time he gets any information, lol.

Ha I Wasn’t asking exact source but get it if he can’t say anything that will get him in trouble

#152 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

If the rumors are true, this would be the first remake that has me truly baffled. The most complex/expensive build, a multi-tiered license to wrangle, high original production numbers, and it's already owned by the most pinsiders of any game out there. There are always people who just want a new build, but NIB sales would also be competing with the hundreds of discounted original TZs from people who want to upgrade.

Give me your old discounted restored over a new remake anyday

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Come on, that’s a cheap shot. That could happen to any manufacturer with any custom part if a subcontractor screws up.

See ford bronco roof issues. Perfect example of this

#172 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Sure, there are "lots of TZ machines available", and even some at decent ($8-9K) prices.
But when was the last time you saw a NIB TZ available? And even if you found one, what would its price be?
And yes, you can get a "high-end" restored one that is as good as NIB, but you'll be paying big bucks for that...
As long as CGC can sell them for a reasonable price (and these days I'm not sure what that even means), they will sell as many as they want to make.

I would argue even a nicely restored TZ would blow a remake away. Doesn’t have to be a zillion HEP restoration

#178 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Why would you think this? A "nicely restored" MB does not "blow away" an MBr. Sure, there are some people that "only want originals", but most everyone agrees that CGC's build quality is excellent.
And CGC's larger color displays, color-changing LEDs, and enhanced sound are distinct improvements over the originals. Yes, you could add ColorDMD and Pinsound into your original, but then you are adding even more cost to your "nicely restored" version.

Because it’s a b/w game instead of some random company that remakes games.

#182 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not totally random. CGC did make TZ playfields and cabinets for Williams.
LTG : )

It’s the same company that made the blanks. Seen CGC stamped on sides of playfields

#285 1 year ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

I must have missed something. What's wrong with the ramp diverter?

Probably the fact the ball bounced off it unless you put a magnet on the other side of it

#299 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Already reached out to a distributor and I’m now #1 on the list once this is officially announced!

Wait this was announced?????

1 week later
#377 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

I’ll just hold onto my restored original. If I ever sell it’ll be giving it away at 18 large with 20 grand+ TZr’s on the market.
I keed, I keed. Mike Chestnut did all it’s chrome before he died. I’d be sad to see her go.

Mike Chestnut, that’s a name I have not seen in a long time. One of the best at his craft

1 month later
#421 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

psst, Mike did not do any chroming himself. He just sent it out.
Just a middle man that took your money and sent the work to someone else.
Keep this between me and you.

Well then I stand corrected. Whoever he middled for does nice work. I assume it’s that guy Chris since he seemed to have a connection with him.

#423 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

We’re aware. Mike’s communication and service whenever issues arose was great. He always called back no matter how much of a stubborn issue it was. Blemish? Send it back to me, I’ve got a replacement already sent. Hand or chemical wear a year later? Used an aggressive cleaner? I’ve got you covered with a free one. Amazing service.
Hot Rod Arcade has been doing amazing in Mikes memory.

Hotrod does the actual plating or is he basically the same as Mike was. More so just curious than anything, I used Mike and hotrod after Mike was gone and was always happy with the service and how my my stuff came back to me so I don’t care either way if he does the work or if he middles for somebody else.

3 weeks later
#432 1 year ago

Remember when TZ remake was a done deal

05ED019D-F798-410D-AF4F-6C295D0D833B (resized).jpeg05ED019D-F798-410D-AF4F-6C295D0D833B (resized).jpeg
6 months later
#588 6 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

For the life of me I can't figure out what the purpose of this would be - especially being one owner? The license would give them access to everything they need and if they wanted to work on code they could use virtual pinball or even a players grade TZ.
I've never played a remake. But I do remember people saying they don't feel authentic. Anyone shed light on that for me?

I am with you, you would have to compensate me very well for that. Just the chance of it getting banged up alone in transit would demand a hefty price

2 months later
#719 4 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yeah, I thought I loved that game until I repaired one. One night of playing and I was glad to see it go. The trunk is simply too easy, something that cannot be fixed. Great voice acting and sound integration though! Gorgeous as well.
TOTAN is the better choice.

Yeah it’s definitely a pretty easy game. More so than I remember. I have one but it’s been packed up for quite some time. I began playing it on the Williams app online and totally forgot how easy of a game it was

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 132.00
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmr61184.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-twilight-zone-remake-?tu=mmr61184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.