(Topic ID: 329610)

Twilight Zone remake? CGC or other company…

By Richard-NBA-SF2

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 852 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by dtmail209
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4564 (resized).png
IMG_20231130_132631.gif
Pinside_forum_7482342_0.gif
giphy.gif
IMG_5945 (resized).jpeg
7_0918_1200x (resized).jpg
1_0920_1200x (resized).jpg
IMG_5932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5915 (resized).jpeg
8cd40893eeeb9561ce8fe6414cb9f6cc (resized).jpg
158A3C79-913A-482B-8AB3-C804FA1CCF5F.gif
neil-hamburger-3 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
AVvXsEhyBYr2WQF1SRq_2cEZL_eXNUwTaJHge1L19HaOUnPDLHlzC9n6c7KujdzQX1lgeOjHzdFY5Bk0t6dQL6s1ITM4PVwfwo_wLvprcsKLnj4BuzMY7FHKYb1VA7I2
IMG_0933 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3679 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herbertbsharp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 1 year ago

With the other unsubstantiated BBB rumor, it seems Knapp could be pulling a Kaneda style PR technique to drive traffic to his site. He seems like a good dude, but why would anyone send legit info to him as a first choice? It is probably a troll playing around or someone trying to drive down value on games he wants. It just seems like a little too much rumor stuff in a couple days.

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

As I said, these are people who reached out to me. I passed the information along but did not make it up. I write about things that I find interesting and I enjoy it. I do not enjoy being called a liar and I REALLY don't enjoy being compared to that individual. Why would I compromise my values and lie to generate traffic for a website that actually costs me money to run rather than generating income? I do this because I love the hobby and accusations like this suck the joy out of it.
Someone sent over the first rumor about BBB. I mentioned that people can send in information if they want to, hence the second one so closely behind.
I don't care if you believe the rumors. I described exactly how they came in and they're supposed to be fun to talk about, but do not imply that I am a liar.

Yo, I never said you flat made it up, I probably could have rephrased it a little better. No offense meant, I wasn't calling you a liar or Kaneda either. Honestly, if I was in your shoes I would have done the same thing. I've just seen so many rumors and promises over the years it's hard so believe or hope much anymore. Can you blame me for saying it looks funny that 2 big rumors came in like that?

#92 1 year ago
Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:We're good. I just hold myself to a higher moral standard than the person who you were comparing me to so it rubbed me the wrong way. He harassed me literally for months on his page and on his podcast (regardless of the deletions and revisionist history) getting people all fired up and saying yeah F that guy and sent me threatening messages while I was spending time with my family all because I jokingly said that a podcast I was on was "FREE." Then he preaches how we all should learn to lighten up and take a joke. Being compared to that really rubbed me the wrong way.

Oof, sweet Jesus, sorry you had to deal with that, you don't deserve it. I had no idea and I don't blame you one bit. You're an asset to the community. Sorry for shooting my mouth off a bit

1 week later
#321 1 year ago

If the order exists, who knows what the requested delivery date or lead time is, could be over a year out. If it is happening, I'm with the 3 years away crowd.

#331 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It's near impossible to reproduce without the original mold/press as it's a textured (and colored) foil.

Certainly they could do it if they wanted to. I think the unspoken reason is that it is cost prohibitive to reproduce it only for existing owners. If the mold/stamp/whatever cost is spread over 1000's of new machines + repros for old replacements, it might make more economic sense.

8 months later
#634 6 months ago

Demand has come down in the last year for TZ, it isn’t as hot as it used to be. Realistic market value for a nice original is around 8 grand. Remaking that title won’t be the sure winner they might think. If it does get remade values will tank to the sixes.

#641 6 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Man..... Such wisdom.

Do you have no argument, or just nothing nice to say?

#645 6 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I bet this entire "argument" hinges on the word "nice" being used. Subjective. I'm guessing our definitions of nice differ. That's all I have.

Lol, I'm so confused at this point, that's all I have haha

#697 6 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I'm fighting with trying to decide if I want a TZ or MM.

MM all the way. I’ve had 5 or 6 TZs and they never last. MM is just so much fun to me, and guests always gravitate to it, TZ not as much. Bashing the castle is accessible and satisfying. Trolls and the castle are more fun as toys than magnets to most people.

#703 6 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I'm sure that's true, but does the answer change if I said I'm officially never leaving my home again, the door will stay locked and only opened to accept groceries and amazon deliveries and I will be the only one ever playing it?

Not for me , it is probably my favorite game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 132.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 12.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 12.95
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 12.95
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.50
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herbertbsharp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-twilight-zone-remake-?tu=herbertbsharp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.