(Topic ID: 329610)

Twilight Zone remake? CGC or other company…

By Richard-NBA-SF2

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 852 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by dtmail209
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4564 (resized).png
IMG_20231130_132631.gif
Pinside_forum_7482342_0.gif
giphy.gif
IMG_5945 (resized).jpeg
7_0918_1200x (resized).jpg
1_0920_1200x (resized).jpg
IMG_5932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5915 (resized).jpeg
8cd40893eeeb9561ce8fe6414cb9f6cc (resized).jpg
158A3C79-913A-482B-8AB3-C804FA1CCF5F.gif
neil-hamburger-3 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
AVvXsEhyBYr2WQF1SRq_2cEZL_eXNUwTaJHge1L19HaOUnPDLHlzC9n6c7KujdzQX1lgeOjHzdFY5Bk0t6dQL6s1ITM4PVwfwo_wLvprcsKLnj4BuzMY7FHKYb1VA7I2
IMG_0933 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3679 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Richard-NBA-SF2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I called this some time ago when I had a buddy that got a CGC tour and opened the wrong door. The door lead to a room full of TZs.

Wow!! Did he open any other doors!?

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Fascinating... if true.
But they did build 15,200...
They aren't exactly rare.</blockquote

Is this before or after Pulp Fiction?

It would be after I assume. Pulp is next.

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:As I said, these are people who reached out to me. I passed the information along but did not make it up. I write about things that I find interesting and I enjoy it. I do not enjoy being called a liar and I REALLY don't enjoy being compared to that individual. Why would I compromise my values and lie to generate traffic for a website that actually costs me money to run rather than generating income? I do this because I love the hobby and accusations like this suck the joy out of it.
Someone sent over the first rumor about BBB. I mentioned that people can send in information if they want to, hence the second one so closely behind.
I don't care if you believe the rumors. I described exactly how they came in and they're supposed to be fun to talk about, but do not imply that I am a liar.

That’s why I posted this thread, I trust your information. It is also very interesting. Thanks for all that you do for the hobby!

Richard

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I'd like to see TOTAN as well if the code were extended/tweaked.
But I have it on very good authority that the TOTAN license is currently unavailable. Not sure if it's due to the Mirco TOTAN kit or what - I just know that they couldn't do TOTAN right now even if they wanted to.

Interesting.

#130 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

This is 100% happening. I posted something back on the forum 2-3 months ago when I got confirmation that this would be their next remake. I can't wait to see what they do with it (topper) etc. Should be a GREAT seller.

Nice! Still hard to believe!

#275 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Here he is. The one responsible for this mistaken rumor. He is "Mr Binx".
Draw some red horns on him like Angus. He's a dick.
[quoted image]

Haha!

#298 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Already reached out to a distributor and I’m now #1 on the list once this is officially announced!

Nice!!

2 weeks later
#386 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Any new news or is this dead……….

Maybe we will get some news at TPF.

#390 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

hope this doesn't arrive before your CCR ?

Haha! Maybe the same day!

7 months later
#577 6 months ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Any new news on this?

Negative. Not sure what’s going on. Although a serious collector told me last week:

“Twilight zone is next from CGC

My friends HUO out of the box TZ
Is at there facility”

Richard

#592 6 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So ...
CCR - all tiers not done yet
PF- 3rd quarter over none built.
When do we expect to this marvel?
Richard, you had an original and ditched it in a couple of weeks , are you planning to get a remake?
Sorry adding ...
More MMR run
And the Ben Heck ,Spooky Game!

Yeah. Had a TZ for a few months. I liked it. Sold it because I was sure a remake was coming. I’ll buy whatever CGC remakes next.

#596 6 months ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Not a bad plan. Pulp Fiction, then Twilight Zone, then what for CGC? More original themes like Pulp Fiction?

I was talking to Ryan White a few months ago. He said they are still planning on running MMr again. Not sure on the date.

I think after that is one more remake. Then original/new titles. Not sure of the order.

I heard Mark Ritchie is working on another new one as well. Maybe for CGC?

Richard

#605 6 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Plantetary pinball owns the B/W rights. No idea how CGC will build any remakes now.
Last I heard Rick pulled out.

Hmmm, that would be too bad. The CGC remakes are beautiful. Hard to image anyone making a nicer product.

#609 6 months ago

I heard Pinball Brothers is doing a remake and it may be TZ.
Might be at Expo.

#612 6 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

they are capable of doing widebodies ... so possible!
thought people had sent TZ games to CGC ??????

Lol. Who knows.

#615 6 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

Breaking news - There will be two competing TZ remakes!

IMG_5915 (resized).jpegIMG_5915 (resized).jpeg
#621 6 months ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I just spoke to Mark last month. There is nothing in the pipeline for a #2 new Mark Ritchie game. Maybe in the distant future but nothing being worked on currently.

Ok! Good to know! I have a Pull Fiction on order. Looks amazing.

#628 6 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I'd rather a cgc Tz.

Same! It would be beautiful.

#631 6 months ago
Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

Funny that you should mention this. I just wrote the following about it a few minutes ago...
Pedretti Gaming is Not Remaking Bally's 1993 Pinball Machine Twilight Zone
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/pedretti-gaming-is-not-remaking-bally-s-1993-pinball-machine-twilight-zone

Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

Funny that you should mention this. I just wrote the following about it a few minutes ago...
Pedretti Gaming is Not Remaking Bally's 1993 Pinball Machine Twilight Zone
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/pedretti-gaming-is-not-remaking-bally-s-1993-pinball-machine-twilight-zone

Cool! Thanks Jason!

#644 6 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Find out it is not being made.

IMG_5932 (resized).jpegIMG_5932 (resized).jpeg
#651 6 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

So no more remakes ? No more using Williams licensed parts in CGC games ?
LTG : )

Still 2 more remakes for CGC is the plan Lloyd?

Thanks!
Richard

#663 6 months ago
Quoted from Bohm:

It would seem like remaking CV, TOM, TOTAN or even WW before TZ would make more sense but what do I know.

That’s what the general consensus is. No licensing involved etc.

TOM and TOTAN would look beautiful. But I think I’d be happier with TZ long term. Owning a CV kinda turned me off J Pop games.

Richard

#669 6 months ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I didn't think Cactus Canyon was going to be popular enough for a run, but it seems to have sold well for them. TOM and TOTAN would likely do at least as well as CC.

Yea. I think they would do great as well. I assume CGC would also make some code adjustments since they have their new system in place and have experience in it now with CCr.

#671 6 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

both Jpoop games !

Lol. I’m aware! Would take a chance on it. Easy to sell, I sold my CV in a day!

#683 6 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'll say out of that list, TZ is the one I'd want.

Same!

Quoted from SimplePin:

Guilty of falling for the "hype" and the "grail" over some of these J. Pop. games. Had my TOM only a few months. TOTAN and CV would probably be similar if I felt the need to spend those kinds of prices. No thanks. Now you nailed it on WCS. Love my WCS. Not going anywhere anytime soon. Just fantastic all around.
Back to TOM. I wanted to love it and for the price it was a great deal. Got it for a steal "as is" price non-working. I was able to repair it for zero cost other than my time. Loved the speed and the flow. Call outs got old and annoying quickly and the cabinet art does nothing for me. I know cabinet art has nothing to do with the game but to me it's part of the overall package. Just sort of old and grungy looking even if clean and flawless as mine was. Same owner since it left the arcade. Was only on location for a few months. Oh well.

The CV sound package was also annoying to my ears. Was not a big fan of any of the shots either. The TZ sound package would be amazing with a more modern speaker, sound board / amp etc…

#690 6 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

But if CGC did a remake you would get one

No…

IMG_5945 (resized).jpegIMG_5945 (resized).jpeg
#692 6 months ago
Quoted from AFM95:

NBAFB was my first game I ever owned. So underrated.

Same! I do miss it. I’m a huge NBA fan which also helped a bit.

Richard

#696 6 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yep. I've been on a MMr wait list for two years now, but if they announce a TZ remake it will be a real hard choice.
And I don't have room (or the cash) for both.

Tough choice. I love my MMr. I assume most experienced players would suggest that TZ would be a better home game.

1 week later
#704 6 months ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I heard Pinball Brothers is doing a remake and it may be TZ.
Might be at Expo.

Well… that was incorrect!

1 week later
#707 5 months ago
Quoted from marc_b:

WHOEVER DOES THIS remake (if ever) - NEEDS to make a B&W version !
Easy enough to do if you own the rights to the original IP and have all the files. That custom B&W version done up a few years ago is awesome. I'd be all over that one- otherwise, I'd just buy an original.

I’d prefer colour. But Black and a white would be cool for sure!

3 weeks later
#710 5 months ago

So the TZ remake is shipping when?

1 week later
#723 4 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yeah, I thought I loved that game until I repaired one. One night of playing and I was glad to see it go. The trunk is simply too easy, something that cannot be fixed. Great voice acting and sound integration though! Gorgeous as well.
TOTAN is the better choice.

I felt the same way about CVs ringmaster shot. Too easy and I’m not a a great player or anything.

#727 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

CCR has that right now. As built, and default is extended. So two choices right now.
LTG : )

I wouldn’t be surprised if CGC did this in the next title as well. All the new software is there. But CCr was unique obviously unique from a code standpoint as it was never finished before the remake.

2 weeks later
#729 4 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

so guessing .... its another company !

Maybe! Looking forward to hearing what company it is!

#776 4 months ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

TZ will be CGC next remake (guarantee this 100%). No idea what Pedretti's first game will be?

I’m hoping!

#791 4 months ago
Quoted from chad:Will the 3rd magnet be installed as well?

I would be surprised if the 3rd magnet was not included in all models.

Cool selling feature!

Richard

#812 3 months ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Pedretti?
[quoted image]

Maybe! Should know what they are making in Jan 2024.

#814 3 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I'll take TZ for $500 Alex.

Lol

#816 3 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I have been "on the list" for one of these for a while.... But I have a Really nice OG... Big question is do I need a remake and have 2 for a while lol.

Keep them both until you’re satisfied that you like the remake better! Or vice versa!

#818 3 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I think TZ is too adventurous for a first pin for Pedretti. I would bet that CGC has TZ and Pedretti will release WH20 or TOM. Considering what's his nutz came up with WW2.0 and Pedrettis reportedly using the same boards - just makes sense to do so. 2 games in 1 for their first release? Makes sense.
And looking at resale value of what CGC has released, safe to say TZ would at the worst would retain it's value. Buy new, play the hell out of it and when the production run ends you can turn around and flip at a minimum for what you paid for it? That's a good deal.

I personally would love a CGC TZ remake. But I’m cool either way. Very interested to see what Pedretti comes up with in 2024!

2 months later
#822 32 days ago

It’s seems more and more people are thinking this rumor is true. I for one am very glad CGC is the company making a TZr. Their games are just so well done.

Can’t wait to get into the zone again CGC style!

Richard

#834 28 days ago
Quoted from waletboy:

if Twilight Zone does happen, I'm ok with a long wait just as long as I only have to give a deposit and pay balance when ready. I reached out to a distributor in January of last year and I'm first on the list.

Same. I don’t mind the wait. Worth the wait for me. CGC TZr will be a beautiful machine!

Richard

#851 22 days ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Any new updates of who or when this will be announced?

Nothing yet. Maybe they will announce it this year? Maybe not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 132.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Richard-NBA-SF2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-twilight-zone-remake-?tu=Richard-NBA-SF2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.