(Topic ID: 329610)

Twilight Zone remake? CGC or other company…

By Richard-NBA-SF2

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 852 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by dtmail209
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4564 (resized).png
IMG_20231130_132631.gif
Pinside_forum_7482342_0.gif
giphy.gif
IMG_5945 (resized).jpeg
7_0918_1200x (resized).jpg
1_0920_1200x (resized).jpg
IMG_5932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5915 (resized).jpeg
8cd40893eeeb9561ce8fe6414cb9f6cc (resized).jpg
158A3C79-913A-482B-8AB3-C804FA1CCF5F.gif
neil-hamburger-3 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
AVvXsEhyBYr2WQF1SRq_2cEZL_eXNUwTaJHge1L19HaOUnPDLHlzC9n6c7KujdzQX1lgeOjHzdFY5Bk0t6dQL6s1ITM4PVwfwo_wLvprcsKLnj4BuzMY7FHKYb1VA7I2
IMG_0933 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3679 (resized).jpeg
There are 852 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.
#301 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Already reached out to a distributor and I’m now #1 on the list once this is officially announced!

I wouldn’t clear out a space anytime soon.

I ordered my Monsters Bash LE and my Cactus Canyon LE on the first day both were made available…. I’ll get them 4 YEARS apart.

#302 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I wouldn’t clear out a space anytime soon.
I ordered my Monsters Bash LE and my Cactus Canyon LE on the first day both were made available…. I’ll get them 4 YEARS apart.

I am well aware that this is probably the situation. I have a small collection with limited space so if it takes 4 years I’m ok with that.

#303 1 year ago

Think it's going to longer than 4 years, if at all.

#304 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Na they will get them all out. I'm on day 452 for CCLE

#305 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

If someone already has an order for 1500 ramps, I doubt they are going to wait 4 years to roll out

#306 1 year ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

Na they will get them all out. I'm on day 452 for CCLE

Feel your pain .... Told by CGC the ones destined for Canada will be late fall 2023 ...

so probably 2024

#307 1 year ago

OUCH !

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Feel your pain .... Told by CGC the ones destined for Canada will be late fall 2023 ...
so probably 2024

#308 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

If someone already has an order for 1500 ramps, I doubt they are going to wait 4 years to roll out

Oh they rolled our CCr 2 1/2 years after I received my Monster Bash LE! The last year and a half has just been me waiting on a game after I paid my deposit.

I'd be mildly surprised if the first TZr reached someone before 2026.

#309 1 year ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I called this some time ago when I had a buddy that got a CGC tour and opened the wrong door. The door lead to a room

I called this some time ago when I had a buddy that got a CGC tour and opened the wrong door. The door lead to a room full of TZs.

DON'T TOUCH THE DOOR!!!!!

#310 1 year ago

original price on tzone or dracula was 1999.00 mountain coin las vegas nevada

#311 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

This doesn’t sound fishy to the pinside mob? How trustworthy is the source? Are ramps really a long lead item?! If accurate, I’d guess those 1500 ramps will all be available at least 18 months before any assembly starts taking place. Aren’t they supposed to be doing a new theme, pulp fiction, first?

I’m still skeptical whether this is real.

#312 1 year ago

I hope this is real but now I'm debating on putting a deposit on Scooby Doo or wait for an announcement on TZ.

#313 1 year ago

I really have my doubts about this rumor. Why make a new game for something that can still be easily found for a reasonable price? It just doesn't make financial sense to do TZ now.

#314 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

I hope this is real but now I'm debating on putting a deposit on Scooby Doo or wait for an announcement on TZ.

Honestly it would be hard to me to wait on a game that is announced for the TZ rumor. Have to keep in mind that CGC has probably almost if not all of 2023 for Cactus Canyon and then the run of Medieval Madness after that. They have Pulp Fiction as the next rumored title so if they produce it likely it will be mid-late 2024.

#315 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I really have my doubts about this rumor. Why make a new game for something that can still be easily found for a reasonable price? It just doesn't make financial sense to do TZ now.

You could make the same argument for Fathom.

#316 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

There are 3500 FATHOMs and a lot of them are in used shape and there are 15000 TZ on the other side.
I really doubt this remake will ever happen IMO.

#317 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:

There are 3500 FATHOMs and a lot of them are in used shape and there are 15000 TZ on the other side.

I would have bet against Cactus Canyon being repopped too.

Have to see how it plays out.

#318 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:

It's happening. Look at some of the recent TZ's that have been listed recently including 2 from Chicago Podcasters that have league with Industry people and are well connected.

#319 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It's happening. Look at some of the recent TZ's that have been listed recently including 2 from Chicago Podcasters that have league with Industry people and are well connected.

Myself I'm not overly concerned either way. There is such a huge selection of pins available I think I could easily spend the next decade trying and or buying the titles available that I have not tried or purchased yet.

I'm toying with this or another title for first NIB purchase but not going to fret a millisecond if it doesn't come to market.

#320 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

I hope this is real but now I'm debating on putting a deposit on Scooby Doo or wait for an announcement on TZ

I have a CCRLE on order since day one , no chance I will see this game till apparently late 2023, so 2 years waiting.
CGC if doing this will be years before its done, you can get SD and probably a couple more before you ever touch the flipper buttons of a TZ , if it's even happening.

#321 1 year ago

If the order exists, who knows what the requested delivery date or lead time is, could be over a year out. If it is happening, I'm with the 3 years away crowd.

#322 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I think Haggis is happy to sell a relatively small number of very high-end remakes to pre-dmd collectors. CGC on the other hand is making 1000’s of every title. So unless CGC has some personal interest in re-making TZ, the question to me is why TZ versus unlicensed, standard bodies like TOTAN, CV and Whitewater that are much less complicated and selling for as much or more than TZ. But who knows. It’s the one game where I would consider buying the remake to sit alongside the original masterpiece.

#323 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Because theres more buyers that want a TZ than there are TZ's for sale. Especially a minty fresh new one with probably some nice upgrades

Quoted from luckymoey:

I think Haggis is happy to sell a relatively small number of very high-end remakes to pre-dmd collectors. CGC on the other hand is making 1000’s of every title. So unless CGC has some personal interest in re-making TZ, the question to me is why TZ versus unlicensed, standard bodies like TOTAN, CV and Whitewater that are much less complicated and selling for as much or more than TZ. But who knows. It’s the one game where I would consider buying the remake to sit alongside the original masterpiece.

I would argue that most if not all of those games are more complicated. Have you ever had to shop out a Whitewater? Might be the worst game to shop ever. All of those games have way more custom sculpted parts than TZ too. Twilight Zone is packed, no doubt but a lot of it is standard pinball style stuff other than the gumball machine and clock and the clock is probably relatively easy to reproduce.

Whitewater has all the crazy mountain molds, a furry sasquatch, and a supposedly impossible to reproduce topper. I think White Water is probably the least probable to ever get remade. CV and TOTAN are certainly more feasible but they are complicated in their own right, plus theres the JPop factor... I guess I'm saying I completely understand why TZ would be next. Lets be honest too, if you're a pinball company that really wants to make a statement, particularly in the remake sector, theres no better choice than TZ

#324 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I don't think collector's share the same fondness for games like TOTAN, TOM and CV that they do for TZ or TAF. The main reason those other games are collectible is that the production numbers are lower, not because people love the games. I think WH20 would be a good choice at some point but I think it is still behind the TZ and TAF in terms of collect ability.

#325 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:I don't think collector's share the same fondness for games like TOTAN, TOM and CV that they do for TZ or TAF.

This is my view, I have no interest in those at all. I have played Whitewater but nothing tweaked my "I'd like to buy this"

#326 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

the question to me is why TZ versus unlicensed, standard bodies like TOTAN, CV and Whitewater that are much less complicated and selling for as much or more than TZ.

I would guess that the demand for TZ runs deeper. There might be 10k collectors who would add a remake TZ, and more like 4k for the others you listed. Completely wild ass guess on the numbers, but just for illustration.

Quoted from Haymaker:

CV and TOTAN are certainly more feasible but they are complicated in their own right

You think that TZ ramp order is far in advance? For that giant loopy ramp in TOTAN with more exits than the Springfield Interchange, they better get started now...

#327 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I think Haggis is happy to sell a relatively small number of very high-end remakes to pre-dmd collectors.

I bought a Haggis Fathom Mermaid because I think it is the most beautiful game ever made - I don't have any pre-dmd games otherwise.

As for TZ, it's simple math. To get a completely restored TZ with new everything, it's going to cost $13-$18k. But a new CGC TZr (with improved screen, sound, RGB lights and topper) would be $10k (ish).

TZr would sell like hotcakes.

#328 1 year ago

Regarding WH20, has anyone ever figured out how to successfully repro the foil for waterfall on the topper? It doesn't seem like a big deal since they were able to do it 30 years ago, but the repro's that i've seen were all inferior to the original.

#329 1 year ago

CGC needs to ramp up their pace of production, if feasible under their business model.

TZ would sell even better than CC. There are many operators that would grab it, I'm sure. I don't think as many operators would route an original TZ due to complexity, but if they have experience with the other remakes I think they'd jump all over TZ.
It's becoming a more common sighting to see a public arcade with the full CGC lineup and that is AMAZING news for pinball.

#330 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Regarding WH20, has anyone ever figured out how to successfully repro the foil for waterfall on the topper? It doesn't seem like a big deal since they were able to do it 30 years ago, but the repro's that i've seen were all inferior to the original.

It's near impossible to reproduce without the original mold/press as it's a textured (and colored) foil.

#331 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It's near impossible to reproduce without the original mold/press as it's a textured (and colored) foil.

Certainly they could do it if they wanted to. I think the unspoken reason is that it is cost prohibitive to reproduce it only for existing owners. If the mold/stamp/whatever cost is spread over 1000's of new machines + repros for old replacements, it might make more economic sense.

#332 1 year ago

You know what I do when I have $10k burning a hole in my pocket and there is a $10k pinball machine that I have been wanting for years that is widely available? I buy the damn pinball machine. Forget Ops - Who are the thousands of people who have been wanting a TZ for years, but haven't been able to get one? This isn't BBB or Krull, or even MM. I'm starting to think that this NIB-only trend is driven more by people only buying games that they can put on a credit card.

#333 1 year ago

I thought Totan was next?

#334 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I thought Totan was next?

That makes a lot more sense to me. Values are really high on ToTAN, and the potential for improving the game is huge: new code, cool topper, rgb, etc. Benoit has already done some great work on ToTAN 2.0 that could potentially be integrated. TZ is a very complete game as it is, and you can get great examples for $10k. Mine plays like a new game. Also, this would be a big departure from the two flipper fan layouts of the first 4 remakes. I'd love to know the source for that 1500 ramps order. Was it planted as a distraction, or the real thing? Guess we will know eventually.

#335 1 year ago

I'm only in if it's Jordan Peele's version.

...the good TZ! none of this b&w original crap!!!

#336 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

...the good TZ! none of this b&w original crap!!!

EASY .....I'm color blind !

#337 1 year ago

It really doesn't seem that odd if you just look at stats like this:

TZ (resized).pngTZ (resized).png

It's a popular game.

#338 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It really doesn't seem that odd if you just look at stats like this:
[quoted image]
It's a popular game.

Well 3 just hit the market in the last hour. Cross off 3 names

#339 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Well 3 just hit the market in the last hour. Cross off 3 names

Even CrazyLevi is selling his, and I thought he hated remakes! It would be cool to see what they do with one, I guess a nice topper and rgb, maybe add the third magnet back, bigger LCD of course. Shoot, maybe I'd get one after all.

#340 1 year ago

PTCR is before anything else.

LTG : )

#341 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Even CrazyLevi is selling his, and I thought he hated remakes! It would be cool to see what they do with one, I guess a nice topper and rgb, maybe add the third magnet back, bigger LCD of course. Shoot, maybe I'd get one after all.

I don't like the game very much and I am certainly not selling it because I want a remake.

I need money and space, just like everybody else in this hobby!

#342 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't like the game very much and I am certainly not selling it because I want a remake.
I need money and space, just like everybody else in this hobby!

I figured as much. Doesn't seem your style. But I love Rod Serling, so maybe it is sentimental. My Tron gets a lot more play right now, but it’s new in my collection. The complexity of TZ is fantastic.

#343 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Yeah if they could recreate the slot topper. It would sell out

#344 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

I figured as much. Doesn't seem your style. I'm not sure why I hang onto mine, can do LITZ a couple of times in a game. But I love Rod Serling, so maybe it is sentimental. My Tron gets a lot more play.

I love the theme, and the entire package. The game as a whole just never grabbed me like others have. I can see why so many people love it though.

#345 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I love the theme, and the entire package. The game as a whole as just never grabbed me like others have. I can see why so many people love it though.

I think the modes are so distinctive, that I just enjoy combining them and having different experiences. Serling was a genius, died too young. Seems like the best science fiction is still borrowing from him.

#346 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

PTCR is before anything else.

what is PTCR ?

#347 1 year ago

Don't get him started - Punchy The Clown Remake

#348 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I bought a Haggis Fathom Mermaid because I think it is the most beautiful game ever made - I don't have any pre-dmd games otherwise.
As for TZ, it's simple math. To get a completely restored TZ with new everything, it's going to cost $13-$18k. But a new CGC TZr (with improved screen, sound, RGB lights and topper) would be $10k (ish).
TZr would sell like hotcakes.

should have 3rd magnet also 9.4CH + rom as base (maybe with MUTE & PAUSE OK set to default off)

add more tracking spots of the power ball if they can as well.

#349 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Don't get him started - Punchy The Clown Remake

we do not need more redemption pinball games. Maybe ticket tack toe.

#350 1 year ago

If they decide to modify the software at all, I do hope they get Ted Estes involved, or at least his blessing as a courtesy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 852 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-twilight-zone-remake-/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.