(Topic ID: 329610)

Twilight Zone remake? CGC or other company…

By Richard-NBA-SF2

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 821 posts
  • 157 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 69 days ago by SimplePin
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4564 (resized).png
IMG_20231130_132631.gif
Pinside_forum_7482342_0.gif
giphy.gif
IMG_5945 (resized).jpeg
7_0918_1200x (resized).jpg
1_0920_1200x (resized).jpg
IMG_5932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5915 (resized).jpeg
8cd40893eeeb9561ce8fe6414cb9f6cc (resized).jpg
158A3C79-913A-482B-8AB3-C804FA1CCF5F.gif
neil-hamburger-3 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
AVvXsEhyBYr2WQF1SRq_2cEZL_eXNUwTaJHge1L19HaOUnPDLHlzC9n6c7KujdzQX1lgeOjHzdFY5Bk0t6dQL6s1ITM4PVwfwo_wLvprcsKLnj4BuzMY7FHKYb1VA7I2
IMG_0933 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3679 (resized).jpeg

There are 821 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.
#2 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Interesting rumour. I hope it is true!

You had an original...

#3 1 year ago

Take my money!

#4 1 year ago

So we have a potential of TZ and BBB
Being redone ...
Busy day in pinball!
Please add Kingpin to the gossip mill.

#5 1 year ago

I know I would want this, but I can't imagine it will be less than 12k.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I know I would want this, but I can't imagine it will be less than 12k

This and not anytime soon

#7 1 year ago
very-interesting.gifvery-interesting.gif
#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I know I would want this, but I can't imagine it will be less than 12k.

I don't think it will jump that much. My guess is 9k standard/10k LE.

I would be in fo sho on a 3 magnet CGC TZ.

#9 1 year ago

That thing has to cost a fortune. It’s packed with so many toys

#10 1 year ago

I have an original and I would still for sure be in for one, especially if it has the third magnet.

#11 1 year ago

If it’s true, I’ll eat my Powerball.

#12 1 year ago

Exciting. I would definitely buy one to add to my original TZ.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Noted ... and must be recorded for all to see...

#14 1 year ago

Interesting. A CGC TZ remake was not on my radar but who knows. They do have (at least) four unannounced projects waiting. Their next game was to have been announced last year but was pushed back because of CCr. It’s anticipated the next game isn’t a remake, so this would likely put a remake at least into 2024.

1500 ramps is an interesting number. Maybe the timing of the order would have made sense if it was early 2022, but I’m skeptical of TZr in general.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Not a chance. $12,500 standard. $15,000 LE.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I would be in fo sho on a 3 magnet CGC TZ.

What makes the 3rd magnet so special. I have a TZ and still can’t figure it out

#17 1 year ago

That my current pin does not have it..(and it’s how Lawlor designed it, so I’m assuming it’s awesome)

Quoted from mmr61184:

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

The 3rd magnet allows the game to grab all 3 balls to start multi ball which is a cool effect (and already in the code). But you could do even more tricks with extended code.

#19 1 year ago

I had a very very nice example..was fun. Don't miss it enough to get a remake if done...love CGC's stuff...was hoping Taf someday.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

And I'll wait for it to come out, clean & sanitize it and keep it as a spare.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Their next game was to have been announced last year but was pushed back because of CCr

Please insert because they completely made a shitshow of the CCR release and delivery of completed games...

#22 1 year ago

I am very interested in this if it is true! One of my favorites!

#23 1 year ago

Don’t get me wrong, I was hoping for a TOTAN (or CV or TOM) but if that remake a TZ I am completely interested

Quoted from ShinyBall:

I had a very very nice example..was fun. Don't miss it enough to get a remake if done...love CGC's stuff...was hoping Taf someday.

#25 1 year ago

Only game that would get me back on the CGC train would be an IJr. Only one I would wait the 2 years for it to arrive.

#26 1 year ago

This would be an expensive one to re-make. But, great one and will sure sell out, way more so than Cactus Canyon. 3 different features on the PF, gumball, clock, and mini PF all adding cost. Most games just one one feature. IMO, the ramp is the easy part to remake here. That gumball and clock will not be inexpensive to remake.

I was under the impression TZ licensing would have prevented this one from being re-made. If this is true, it will be the 1st "commercial" title remake. I assume this commercial title will also have a higher cost with licensing. I would love to see IJ and TAF remade also. Possibly this will set the path for more commercial title remakes.

I have 2X TZ right now so I won't be in the market, but, I know the demand is out there for people to buy this as a remake. With the current price of TZ, and what it cost to re-make, I can't see this one hurting the current value. Just a guess.

This will also be the first wide body remake from Chicago also.

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

That would be a tough one, Christopher Lloyd apparently won’t give his blessing. I guess they could change the look of uncle fester to more like the show but assume that would create another set of license requests

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Doubt TaF will ever be done. To many actors approval would need to be secured. CGC should do one based on the comic strip or OG tv show.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Doubt TaF will ever be done. To many actors approval would need to be secured. CGC should do one based on the comic strip or OG tv show.

7 is too many? And 4 of those are just image likeness? I just remember Raul/Angelica doing the callouts with a few movie quotes sprinkled in from Lloyd? I doubt Angelica or the estate of Raul would be hard licenses - maybe just Lloyd.

But recreating something that has already been approved (and 20k of them exist) is always an easier license than creating something new. I doubt it's as hard as people make it out to be.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

That would be a tough one, Christopher Lloyd apparently won’t give his blessing. I guess they could change the look of uncle fester to more like the show but assume that would create another set of license requests

From what I recall, his license was just expensive, not necessarily that it was a flat no for licensing.

Quoted from Damonator:

But recreating something that has already been approved (and 20k of them exist) is always an easier license than creating something new.

Not necessarily. Sometimes people don't want old material circulated any more, or someone want to put forth a new/different image.

Just look at what happened with Dolly Parton's pin back in the day.

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=698

#31 1 year ago

I called this some time ago when I had a buddy that got a CGC tour and opened the wrong door. The door lead to a room full of TZs.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I called this some time ago when I had a buddy that got a CGC tour and opened the wrong door. The door lead to a room full of TZs.

Wow!! Did he open any other doors!?

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Noted ... and must be recorded for all to see...

Both parts

#34 1 year ago

I’m in! I’d love to see TZ or a TOTAN remake.

#35 1 year ago

Would rather have a WH2O or TOTAN

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Don't touch the door. Don't touch the door. Don't touch the door.

#37 1 year ago

From the article:

"the rumor that was submitted today is that a large 1,500 unit order of Twilight Zone ramps was placed in 2022."

Placed with who?

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

I have the third magnet but I don't see what all the fuss is. It's a cool effect when the balls are held when multi-ball starts. Then it just dumps them all into the spiral orbits and they all come out at once.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

Lawlor designed it for three thinking the third might be needed to insure a fast moving ball through the orbit would be reliably caught. If the ball wasn’t caught in the intended position the next magnet would stop it. Turned out one magnet was enough to catch it where he wanted it almost every time so the third magnet wasn’t needed.

I would guess if there is a remake it will have a third magnet and additional code to do stuff. The existing code doesn’t use it much. I’m not even sure it made it out of prototype stage. soren probably knows exactly what code is there for it.

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from Ten31:

I have the third magnet but I don't see what all the fuss is. It's a cool effect when the balls are held when multi-ball starts. Then it just dumps them all into the spiral orbits and they all come out at once.

Yup. I have a sample TZ and added the 3rd magnet, it was an easy install since most of the components were in place. Even then I'd say it was barely worth it. Neat multiball start effect but you gotta play a while before it'll happen (every bootup the game needs to see the powerball cycled into the gumball before it's enabled). The other effect (Spiral mode stops a ball on each magnet once instead of using the right magnent twice) isn't really noticeable.

If they added additional code that made more use of the 3rd magnet, that would be more worthwhile. It'd be tricky as every game will have different slopes and wear patterns around the magent cores, making ball tricks more difficult to program.

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The existing code doesn’t use it much. I’m not even sure it made it out of prototype stage.

The 'existing code' is actually an update added by Ted Estes to the home ROM making use of the otherwise non-functional magnet. The main effect is multiball start: as long as the Powerball is in the gumball, and there are at least two balls in the balltrough, the game will autolaunch a ball around and freeze it on the left magnet, autolaunch a second ball and freeze it on the upper right magnet, then kick out your lockup ball and freeze it on the 3rd magnet (lower right). After a second, all balls are released and multiball begins (with you having an easy jackpot shot from the UL drop).

It also uses the 3rd magnet in Spiral mode but this is a very minor change.

#41 1 year ago

Fascinating... if true.
But they did build 15,200...
They aren't exactly rare.

#42 1 year ago

Is this before or after Pulp Fiction?

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

From the article:
"the rumor that was submitted today is that a large 1,500 unit order of Twilight Zone ramps was placed in 2022."
Placed with who?

Exactly why this rumor is horse shit!

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Fascinating... if true.
But they did build 15,200...
They aren't exactly rare.</blockquote

Is this before or after Pulp Fiction?

It would be after I assume. Pulp is next.

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

It would be after I assume. Pulp is next.

Another run of MMR as well this year after pulp.

#46 1 year ago

Was hoping for TOTANr.

#47 1 year ago

This is an odd one. TZ is probably one of the better value propositions in the Bally/Williams library of "top tier" games. It's a widebody absolutely loaded with mechs, magnets, subways, and oddball one off features. Compared to games that have a lot less in them in the same era, it's value really hasn't exploded like other titles. Seems like CGC titles of the past would undersell the original value of the original game, but in this case, there's likely no chance they'll be available for less than what an original TZ sells for now. Unless I'm missing something?

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Exactly why this rumor is horse shit!

That, plus the fact that the info of the order of ramps itself is a rumor. It's a rumor, based on a rumor. Perhaps Rick was waiting for all the other parts vendors to be completely out of stock on their ramps as a way of cornering the market on his B/W license and making himself the sole supplier for all parts companies.

Besides, that 1,500 number seems a little small for a remake run, doesn't it? Based on sales of their previous remakes, I'd think their initial order for a TZr would be a bit higher. How many CCrs, AFMrs, and MMrs were made? Does anybody have those figures?

#49 1 year ago

I don't think the 1500 number is odd at all. I bet that will be the number of LE games this time (CCRLE was 1250) and those will be made first. They had intended to make CCRLE first as well, but had topper design/supply issues so made the SEs first.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

From the article:
Placed with who?

Well, who produced the ramps for MMr and CCr? Did CGC manufacture them themselves, did Starship Fantasy do them? or someone else?
Assuming that CGC didn't make them, then I would imagine the order would be with whoever it was that did...

Of course, it could all easily be BS.

I am on a list waiting for the next run of MMr, but a new TZr might make me re-think that...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Highgate, VT
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Baltimore, MD
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 79.50
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 821 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-twilight-zone-remake- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.