• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200311_214613 (resized).jpg
20200406_083540 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

On 9 March 2020 my attack from mars SE arrived to my door in Australia. I was excited as it was my first new in box pin. Unfortunately when it arrived it was missing the SE shaker motor and issues with the plastics.

After two months of pursuing this through both my distributor and also CGC directly, nothing has progressed and my game is still has missing & defective parts. I'm hoping that by raising the experience through pinside, I can get a resolution.

I'm pretty disappointed that CGC haven't prioritised or responded to issues raised in the customer portal. Given the price of the royal edition pins, I wouldn't want this customer service experience if I had purchased medieval madness

20200406_083540 (resized).jpg20200406_083540 (resized).jpg20200311_214613 (resized).jpg20200311_214613 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

On 9 March 2020 my attack from mars SE arrived to my door in Australia. I was excited as it was my first new in box pin. Unfortunately when it arrived it was missing the SE shaker motor and issues with the plastics.
After two months of pursuing this through both my distributor and also CGC directly, nothing has progressed and my game is still has missing & defective parts. I'm hoping that by raising the experience through pinside, I can get a resolution.
I'm pretty disappointed that CGC haven't prioritised or responded to issues raised in the customer portal. Given the price of the royal edition pins, I wouldn't want this customer service experience if I had purchased medieval madness
[quoted image][quoted image]

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

[quoted image][quoted image]

What did CGC say about your ticket? You do realise international freight to Australia is stuffed right now? Some packages are taking 3 months to get here due to COVID restrictions, and that is if the parts are in stock. I am sure they will look after you, just be patient.

#4 3 years ago

For some reason, this is very common with those plastics. FWIW.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

For some reason, this is very common with those plastics. FWIW.

Indeed. I restored an original AFM about 8 years ago, and this exact thing happened with the reproduction plastics I bought for it. Strange.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

What did CGC say about your ticket? You do realise international freight to Australia is stuffed right now? Some packages are taking 3 months to get here due to COVID restrictions, and that is if the parts are in stock. I am sure they will look after you, just be patient.

I 100% get that delivery times are delayed by COVID-19 and shipping delays are more than reasonable in the current climate. I have had radio silence and no response from CGC since ticket was raised. My frustration is with no customer interaction from CGC

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Indeed. I restored an original AFM about 8 years ago, and this exact thing happened with the reproduction plastics I bought for it. Strange.

I bought repro plastics from marco a couple years ago, and the same thing happened. They replaced the plastics, and those replacements have seemed fine so far.

#8 3 years ago

CGC had some bad runs of plastics. Several friends had the same issues but CGC sent out replacements

#9 3 years ago

Under normal circumstances CGC has been pretty responsive to issues (I've owned all 3 LE's). That being said if they are willing to send out new MMR's in order to generate revenue its pretty disappointing to hear they haven't responded to your issues. Sending out plastics and shaker is really a no brainer or at a minimum respond to your ticket with a game plan....sounds like your distributor hasn't done a very good job as well ... he should be all over this

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

I 100% get that delivery times are delayed by COVID-19 and shipping delays are more than reasonable in the current climate. I have had radio silence and no response from CGC since ticket was raised. My frustration is with no customer interaction from CGC

That surprises me, CGC are normally very responsive to their tickets. Wayne is also very good, have you spoken with him?

#11 3 years ago

Edwin at CGC is always really nice to deal with and super helpful. I do remember it took me a while (a few weeks) for them to look at my ticket, and then once they did it took several months for the replacement part to come in, but they're a small operation. Also, most of the time you've had your AFM issues, CGC has been closed or limited in operations because of covid-19. It hasn't been business as usual lately, everyone needs a little time to get back up and running as they were.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

That surprises me, CGC are normally very responsive to their tickets. Wayne is also very good, have you spoken with him?

Thanks - I will keep chasing them up.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Edwin at CGC is always really nice to deal with and super helpful. I do remember it took me a while (a few weeks) for them to look at my ticket, and then once they did it took several months for the replacement part to come in, but they're a small operation. Also, most of the time you've had your AFM issues, CGC has been closed or limited in operations because of covid-19. It hasn't been business as usual lately, everyone needs a little time to get back up and running as they were.

Thanks - I'm sure that CGC will get on to it eventually

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

What is your ticket number please ? I'll see if I can alert it to get things moving.

LTG : )

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

You have LTG helping now, He will definitely help get it sorted for you.

Good luck! It is an awesome game, one of our favourites.

#16 3 years ago

Do the online ticket with them, they respond the same day. Edwin and I think another fellow were very quick to respond

#17 3 years ago

I apologize for the delay. As you can understand, we have been working on a skeleton crew and remotely due to the current health pandemic. I am involved in helping get your parts to you in the container. As I am sure your dealer explained to you, you ended up with a very early game that was shipped to Australia.
It was shipped prior to the shaker motor being added to a standard build on the SE as it was added later.
We also have shipped your plastics, due to the fact that you are the original owner on this one of a kind game.
Should you have any issues in the future, please work with your dealer and myself.

#18 3 years ago

The customer was advised the replacement parts were shipping in our Container and as Chicago was on a STAY AT HOME order due to Covid 19 since March 6th and most parts suppliers as well.

Pretty much Pinball shut down for 6-8 weeks, all Warranty Parts are in transit to Australia now and will be on shipped to customers when they arrive.

Even if they were posted separate, I am still waiting for parts from other US suppliers from April

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

The customer was advised the replacement parts were shipping in our Container and as Chicago was on a STAY AT HOME order due to Covid 19 since March 6th and most parts suppliers as well.
Pretty much Pinball shut down for 6-8 weeks, all Warranty Parts are in transit to Australia now and will be on shipped to customers when they arrive.
Even if they were posted separate, I am still waiting for parts from other US suppliers from April

So let me see if I understand this.....the customer buys a NIB game and CGC forgets the shaker and installs bad plastic. They then decide to ship the spare parts via shipping container? Why wouldn't they air freight the shaker and broken plastics? I'd be pissed if I had to wait months because they put it in a shipping container.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

So let me see if I understand this.....the customer buys a NIB game and CGC forgets the shaker and installs bad plastic. They then decide to ship the spare parts via shipping container? Why wouldn't they air freight the shaker and broken plastics? I'd be pissed if I had to wait months because they put it in a shipping container.

Air freight to Australia has been taking months as well. We have been waiting 2 months and more for some of our stuff. If my distro let me know parts were coming in a container, I would be happy with that.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

First of all it wasn't new In Box, it was our last AFM Special Edition Distributor Sample Game and a shaker was never fitted to begin with, also they don't just make inlane plastics, they are only made in full plastics sets from the original supplier who makes the plastics, Airfreight a shaker motor to Australia would cost more than the shaker motor, and the plastics had to be made during Lockdown in IL

#22 3 years ago

First of all it wasn't new In Box, it was our last AFM Special Edition Distributor Sample Game and a shaker was never fitted to begin with, also they don't just make inlane plastics, they are only made in full plastics sets from the original supplier who makes the plastics, Airfreight a shaker motor to Australia would cost more than the shaker motor, and the plastics had to be made during Lockdown in IL

So the guy bought the game knowing there was no shaker and without a warranty? Then I stand corrected...

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

So the guy bought the game knowing there was no shaker and without a warranty? Then I stand corrected...

It has a Warranty, but nobody knew the shaker wasn't fitted as it was a Sample Game Pre Production.

and AFM Special was the only CGC game that had a shaker the rest didn't

I think your expectations during US Lockdown on order of Government and No International Flights to Australia during Coronavirus is pretty unreasonable

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I was quiet and marked the post as "resolved" to give CGC the opportunity to resolve things as they finally responded to my online ticket last Sunday after silence for so long. I haven't bumped this thread or pushed it to get more attention, as just wanted to resolve with CGC offline.

My problem with CGC is that they never responded to tickets on their website and because COVID lockdown does not limit CGC's ability to remotely respond to online queries. I only created this thread on pinside as I had frustrated all options with distributor & CGC without the matter being resolved. I view raising an issue on pinside as the last response, rather than the 1st response.

I don't know who "ballypinball" is but they are quite innacurate about things as the pinball was sold at new in box price (over $11k in AUD), and described as "low showroom plays", with no disclosure of components missing or defective plastics.

If "ballypinball" is my distributor I am pretty dissatisfied that they are revitalizing a silent thread on pinside (which I wasn't commenting on), rather than picking up the phone and giving me a call.

#25 3 years ago

If CGC

Quoted from PtownPin:

I haven't named or identified the distributor, but no, I did not know there was no shaker or without a warranty

#26 3 years ago

This really is all Fake News!!

We responded to the Customer the same day April 7th and advised we will arrange the parts required, US Lockdown extended till May 31st
Parts shipped after that.

If the customer is so unhappy with CGC customer service or our Support, We are happy to take the machine back for a full refund.

#27 3 years ago

This really is all Fake News!!
We responded to the Customer the same day April 7th and advised we will arrange the parts required, US Lockdown extended till May 31st
Parts shipped after that.
If the customer is so unhappy with CGC customer service or our Support, We are happy to take the machine back for a full refund.

...which part is fake news? The distributor misrepresenting the game as complete before taking new in box price payment, or that it took a pinside post before CGC responded?

#28 3 years ago

I can’t speak to your issue, but I’ve had nothing but excellent service from CGC. I’m not even an original owner, but they have worked with me on two separate issues. In both instances, they were quite responsive and followed up. I ended up having to order replacement parts which shipped to me in just a few days, albeit all of this was before the pandemic.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I can’t speak to your issue, but I’ve had nothing but excellent service from CGC. I’m not even an original owner, but they have worked with me on two separate issues. In both instances, they were quite responsive and followed up. I ended up having to order replacement parts which shipped to me in just a few days, albeit all of this was before the pandemic.

Thanks. I hope this can close off this thread and it can be put to rest

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

...which part is fake news? The distributor misrepresenting the game as complete before taking new in box price payment, or that it took a pinside post before CGC responded?

I've always had a decent experience with CGC. Yea they can blame their recent short falls on the pandemic, but they have no issue shipping games so they can to drive revenue so clearly people are working. Also why in the world would your distributor have the parts shipped via slow boat? Yea it costs more money to air freight, but thats on their dime....I would find a new distributor as it seems like he and CGC both dropped the ball

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I've always had a decent experience with CGC. Yea they can blame their recent short falls on the pandemic, but they have no issue shipping games so they can to drive revenue so clearly people are working. Also why in the world would your distributor have the parts shipped via slow boat? Yea it costs more money to air freight, but thats on their dime....I would find a new distributor as it seems like he and CGC both dropped the ball

Eventually CGC will catch on to how many sales they are losing down here with their current Australian distribution system and give it an overhaul like JJP implemented, i.e. with a completely new distributor who focuses on professional customer service.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Eventually CGC will catch on to how many sales they are losing down here with their current Australian distribution system and give it an overhaul like JJP implemented, i.e. with a completely new distributor who focuses on professional customer service.

Yea I feel for you guys.....its really not that hard

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

JJP didn't overhaul anything, we made a commercial decision to take on other manufacturers and Products to Distribute.

And the same can be said for Stern!

#34 3 years ago

JJP didn't overhaul anything, we made a commercial decision to take on other manufacturers and Products to Distribute.

You have to admit that its pretty shitty customer service slow boating plastics and a shaker to your customer.....bad decision, and terrible customer service

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

You have to admit that its pretty shitty customer service slow boating plastics and a shaker to your customer.....bad decision, and terrible customer service

Yeah, it's not great. But I have no idea the logistics of shipping stuff to Aus, and in fairness neither the shaker nor the plastics keep you from being able to play and enjoy the game. Clear and prompt communication from the company is the most important thing in these situations.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, it's not great. But I have no idea the logistics of shipping stuff to Aus, and in fairness neither the shaker nor the plastics keep you from being able to play and enjoy the game. Clear and prompt communication from the company is the most important thing in these situations.

True, but I do know shipping via air freight has been working just fine the last few months (with some delays). The only reason they chose not do go in this direction is they didn't want to pay for it.....call it what it is ....

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yea I feel for you guys.....its really not that hard

It's greatly improved since Paul at pinballsales is now the exclusive JJP distributor for Australia and is setting a much better example in customer service both pre and post purchase.

#38 3 years ago

Wow... So Ballypinball is the only pinball distributor in Australia?
If so... I'm so sorry for the guys across the pond. These "Fake news" posts by him would make me very upset if he were my distributor. Every customer I've ever had from AUS was freindly and easy to deal with... not sure how this guy stays in business.
Please don't move your business to the States... We just don't need your "fake new" attitude.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Wow... So ballypinball is the only pinball distributor in Australia?
If so... I'm so sorry for the guys across the pond. These "Fake news" posts by him would make me very upset if he were my distributor. Every customer I've ever had from AUS was freindly and easy to deal with... not sure how this guy stays in business.
Please don't move your business to the States... We just don't need your "fake new" attitude.

Most of us just direct import any machine we really want. It's been going on this way in the actual Aussie pinball scene for years.

Only the sycophants buy local and repeatedly go back for the abuse.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Most of us just direct import any machine we really want. It's been going on this way in the actual Aussie pinball scene for years.
Only the sycophants buy local and repeatedly go back for the abuse.

Customer service clearly isn't very high on his list.....who slow boats plastics and a shaker....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-s-poor-customer-service-?hl=stuieb84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.