(Topic ID: 227925)

CGC remake wish list. What would you like to see remade?

By arcademojo

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 510 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“CGC remake wish list. What would you like to see remade?”

• Theatre of Magic 148 votes
    7%
  • Cactus Canyon 201 votes
    10%
  • Tales of the Arabian Nights 227 votes
    11%
  • Scared Stiff 91 votes
    5%
  • Cirqus Voltaire 127 votes
    6%
  • Twilight Zone 174 votes
    9%
  • The Addams Family 182 votes
    9%
  • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 237 votes
    12%
  • Big Bang Bar 229 votes
    11%
  • Funhouse 2.0 128 votes
    6%
  • Creature from the Black Lagoon 97 votes
    5%
  • White Water 155 votes
    8%

(Multiple choice - 1996 votes by 1020 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
top (resized).JPG
239495212_10159316519113490_1119680780999484383_n (resized).jpg
238778516_2130389307114558_6536044890593929709_n (resized).jpg
soylent_green_movie.jpg
uni (resized).png
ngvZTK.gif
62EA1E11-B8E4-4E1E-9774-01C8C1614A19 (resized).jpeg
56184372_2390419560988660_6419574359043604480_n (resized).jpg
B3E16A41-D4C8-4F8B-AE54-57154B45730E (resized).png
fullsizeoutput_9b (resized).jpeg
Carls 01 (resized).jpg
There are 510 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.
#401 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Won’t matter if they don’t release a machine. Might as well put MMr back on the line. Probably most disappointed by this company.. well other than deeproot and pinball brothers.

I wish they would put MMr back on the line. There is still plenty of demand. I'd like to buy one.

#402 2 years ago

60 plus posts ... still nothing ....

#403 2 years ago

I think all the hype on CCr speculation has fractured the remake market... I've never seen a title that has people so split up between the insta buy/hard pass ranks. I am and will always be a hard pass on CCr, no matter what lipstick they smear on that pig. And waiting to hear that CGC will or won't remake it has made these wish list threads pretty boring, no matter what machine comes before, after, or instead of it. Why they didn't just go with ANY other title is beyond me. CC is a throw away title that was produced and abandoned early for Pin2K... Rare doesn't equal fun.

#404 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

So we now have a Fathom 2.0 but limited to only 250. WTFFFFFFF!!!
Could have easily sold 500 fo them.

I would definitely buy a Fathom LE and keep it to 250 or 400 production run.

4 weeks later
#405 2 years ago

5/26/2021 Captains log 0004.
Hard to believe I started this thread almost 3 years ago. And not a single game released since then.
Someday and hopefully someday soon CGC will finally announce their next remake. The whole world of pinball will come to a stand still for 5 minutes.............
And then it will start all over again waiting on What will be the next game CGC makes.

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

5/26/2021 Captains log 0004.
Hard to believe I started this thread almost 3 years ago. And not a single game released since then.
Someday and hopefully someday soon CGC will finally announce their next remake. The whole world of pinball will come to a stand still for 5 minutes.............
And then it will start all over again waiting on What will be the next game CGC makes.

CGC is waiting for major inflation and lower disposable income to release next title.

#407 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

CGC is waiting for major inflation and lower disposable income to release next title.

No kidding. Make some MMR to keep the lights on while waiting on the next game that may or may not sell well.

#408 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

No kidding. Make some MMR to keep the lights on while waiting on the next game that may or may not sell well.

Come on now! There are tens of people interested in CCr!

[before anyone jumps out of their seats - this joke is coming from a person that is bitter that AFr is not coming anytime soon if ever...]

#409 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Wrong.

LTG : )

#410 2 years ago

I'd like them to do Guns and Roses at least then we will get a playfield that isn't hosed

#411 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'd like them to do Gun and Roses at least then we will get a playfield that isn't hosed

Next remake is CC with updated code. Who take the bet?
They are probably short of whatever parts... and short of acheiving order for day one.

#412 2 years ago

I’m surprised by the hate for CCr. I’m in for an LE if that’s the next release (and if I can get one). I don’t know details on shortfall of original incomplete CC code, but with the quality CGC has cranked out to date, I can’t imagine they would remake CC without fixing the code.

#413 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

someday soon CGC will finally announce their next remake

found this while waiting.....

uni (resized).pnguni (resized).png
#414 2 years ago

Appropriate but really just a horse and photoshop, but I think it speaks more to the horse loving western theme of CCr... from all the posts I have seen of people saying CC is a great themed pin, most seem to love the theme more than they love how it lasts in a HUO environment. CC has never been that enthralling to me as a shooter, or a pin with deep rules. It gets repetitive quickly, and without a code update, my advice is still, run, don't walk, away from this turd. Bring on something original or do something other than CC (which is a lock unfortunately but I can still grumble my dissatisfaction)

#416 2 years ago

BBB?

#417 2 years ago

I'm in on the MMR getting back on production line.... Funhouse 2.0?

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Appropriate but really just a horse and photoshop, but I think it speaks more to the horse loving western theme of CCr... from all the posts I have seen of people saying CC is a great themed pin, most seem to love the theme more than they love how it lasts in a HUO environment. CC has never been that enthralling to me as a shooter, or a pin with deep rules. It gets repetitive quickly, and without a code update, my advice is still, run, don't walk, away from this turd. Bring on something original or do something other than CC (which is a lock unfortunately but I can still grumble my dissatisfaction)

Ohh I am sure they will update the code! It would be silly not to! Hope we find out soon!

#419 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Ohh I am sure they will update the code! It would be silly not to! Hope we find out soon!

Soon......

#420 2 years ago

Soon is defined as in a short time, in the near future or quickly. An example of soon is arriving in five minutes from now, as in arriving soon. An example of soon is rsvping for an event within a few days from the time you were invited, as in rsvping soon after you received the invitation.

1 week later
#423 2 years ago

We could use a modern pin with a western theme. If CC isn't CGC's next release then we need stern to release a Wild Wild West pin (and NOT the Will Smith crap fest version!)

#424 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

We could use a modern pin with a western theme. If CC isn't CGC's next release then we need stern to release a Wild Wild West pin (and NOT the Will Smith crap fest version!)

Yes I agree! I love the theme.

#425 2 years ago

2022 ? Shenanagins !

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#426 2 years ago

Well, if we're talking 2022, it's obviously...

soylent_green_movie.jpgsoylent_green_movie.jpg
#427 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, if we're talking 2022, it's obviously...[quoted image]

Slight off topic

We're not far from that with many States signing into the human composting. They say it would be illegal to put on farmland but who knows for sure where it'll lead.

#428 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Come on now! There are tens of people interested in CCr!
[before anyone jumps out of their seats - this joke is coming from a person that is bitter that AFr is not coming anytime soon if ever...]

I just wanted to update this thread to state that the chances of AFr have now increased. I finally got myself an original AF this weekend. When I say original - I mean it. This thing has not been hacked or modded (or even had any LED lights). It has some bruises and needs some clean up but I am really happy with my find. While I would have loved a remake from CGC it is really nice to have this original classic in the house.

So after the CCr run sells out AFr could come down the line next.

[Insert obligatory joke]

and by next I mean in 2030 or so.

[/end obligatory joke]

#429 2 years ago

Let's raise a glass to the next CGC pin being Popeye Saves the Earth!

Complete with mutant spinach multiball code. Underrated sleeper, but given the negativity over the years, it's now got the reputation.

#430 2 years ago

Is there a thread with information on the next CGC pin that Dennis Nordman is involved with?

2 months later
#431 2 years ago

The long wait is almost over.

238778516_2130389307114558_6536044890593929709_n (resized).jpg238778516_2130389307114558_6536044890593929709_n (resized).jpg
#432 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

The long wait is almost over.
[quoted image]

But are we getting Continued or just an unfinished game?

#433 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But are we getting Continued or just an unfinished game?

We'll have to wait to see.

#434 2 years ago

Wasn't there some talk that "Lyman finished the code"? Well, just a rumor until CGC tells that it is the case.

#436 2 years ago

I wonder how if I can remove it from poll now that it's official?

239495212_10159316519113490_1119680780999484383_n (resized).jpg239495212_10159316519113490_1119680780999484383_n (resized).jpg
#437 2 years ago

Still

Is that office 2007 or something?

#438 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Who cares ? It was a nice seminar.

LTG : )

#439 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

About right; the clock on that PC shows 1/1/2009 as the date.

#440 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I wish they would put MMr back on the line. There is still plenty of demand. I'd like to buy one.

Mmr new version. Damsel in distress with a different colour-palette more detailed balcony etc and a really nice balcony/damsel topper.
More damsel call outs etc.
On whole mm is great but some modification to hi-lite the right side playfield would be yum.

Totan would be great to.

#441 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Mmr new version. Damsel in distress with a different colour-palette more detailed balcony etc and a really nice balcony/damsel topper.
More damsel call outs etc.
On whole mm is great but some modification to hi-lite the right side playfield would be yum.
Totan would be great to.

Although I think this a cool idea, I'm not sure they would want to look like a Gary-come-lately with 4 or 5 different versions of AC/DC... there is "exclusivity", there is the "got to collect them all" mentality, and then there is "machine for every occasion" but not sure we need 5 or six MMr models to choose from. That money could be spent giving us a DIFFERENT title altogether and that is more promising to me than a Pink Damsel MMrLE...

#443 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I was told by Chicago Gaming, game number 4 will be Cactus Canyon and will be announced at Texas

Man that was way overdue

#444 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Man that was way overdue

3 plus years

#445 2 years ago

The trouble now is the deeproot thread and drama is making the CCr announcement sound like a fart in a hurricane... and I think the stage five RAZA FOMO is making some people rethink the whole thing, like its not yet 100% certain you will be able to get a CCr before someone starts building RAZAs on contract... and dumber shit.

#446 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Although I think this a cool idea, I'm not sure they would want to look like a Gary-come-lately with 4 or 5 different versions of AC/DC... there is "exclusivity", there is the "got to collect them all" mentality, and then there is "machine for every occasion" but not sure we need 5 or six MMr models to choose from. That money could be spent giving us a DIFFERENT title altogether and that is more promising to me than a Pink Damsel MMrLE...

Agreed, there can just be to much, but at this time in europe (where games generally are priced lower then the US) a MMRR is 24k$, which really tells there are room and wants for more high end MM games.

That is however from my viewpoint. I dont look at games as an investment. Generally i feel the more of a game that is out there, the better the chance for future spareparts and the more popular pinball becomes.

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The trouble now is the deeproot thread and drama is making the CCr announcement sound like a fart in a hurricane... and I think the stage five RAZA FOMO is making some people rethink the whole thing, like its not yet 100% certain you will be able to get a CCr before someone starts building RAZAs on contract... and dumber shit.

In order to hype the game, they need gameplay and also a statement on what improvements that has been made.
Another question is how popular is this game going to be? It´s allways hard to meassure, when part of the interest is/was it´s limited availability.

#448 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

In order to hype the game, they need gameplay and also a statement on what improvements that has been made.
Another question is how popular is this game going to be? It´s allways hard to meassure, when part of the interest is/was it´s limited availability.

Yeah, if they're really not doing CC:Continued, they better be doing a LOT of code work (was this Lyman's project?) to make a more compelling experience. The unfinished one that Bally released is just not that great of a pin. As you said it's only been desirable due to its place in pinball history and scarcity.

#449 2 years ago

So now that the worlds worst secret is out on CCR

What’s next. CV or one of their unlicensed projects?

#450 2 years ago

Yeah lets see how they are gonna get that GIANT screen inside the play field glass... Lots of other titles that would be much easier/cheaper to remake.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,159.00
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 45.95
£ 38.00
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 510 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-remake-wish-list-what-would-you-like-to-see-remade/page/9?hl=explosiveegg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.