(Topic ID: 227925)

CGC remake wish list. What would you like to see remade?

By arcademojo

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 510 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“CGC remake wish list. What would you like to see remade?”

• Theatre of Magic 148 votes
    7%
  • Cactus Canyon 201 votes
    10%
  • Tales of the Arabian Nights 227 votes
    11%
  • Scared Stiff 91 votes
    5%
  • Cirqus Voltaire 127 votes
    6%
  • Twilight Zone 174 votes
    9%
  • The Addams Family 182 votes
    9%
  • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 237 votes
    12%
  • Big Bang Bar 229 votes
    11%
  • Funhouse 2.0 128 votes
    6%
  • Creature from the Black Lagoon 97 votes
    5%
  • White Water 155 votes
    8%

(Multiple choice - 1996 votes by 1020 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
top (resized).JPG
239495212_10159316519113490_1119680780999484383_n (resized).jpg
238778516_2130389307114558_6536044890593929709_n (resized).jpg
soylent_green_movie.jpg
uni (resized).png
ngvZTK.gif
62EA1E11-B8E4-4E1E-9774-01C8C1614A19 (resized).jpeg
56184372_2390419560988660_6419574359043604480_n (resized).jpg
B3E16A41-D4C8-4F8B-AE54-57154B45730E (resized).png
fullsizeoutput_9b (resized).jpeg
Carls 01 (resized).jpg
There are 510 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I was talking to a gentleman from their company at Expo on Saturday and we were talking about MMR and when to expect to see it and details on it and he flat out told me that game #4 was Cactus Canyon and they'd announce it at the Texas show.

You sure he was with CGC ? I only recall Ryan and Doug there. ( and me ). I don't know. And Ryan and Doug might know future plans, which can change. Until something is announced, no one knows for sure.

LTG : )

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You sure he was with CGC ? I only recall Ryan and Doug there. ( and me ). I don't know. And Ryan and Doug might know future plans, which can change. Until something is announced, no one knows for sure.
LTG : )

Yes

1 week later
#203 4 years ago

would of expected circus to be higher.

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from heme:

would of expected circus to be higher.

I would have expected Scared Stiff to be higher.

#205 4 years ago

Can’t believe White Water is betting CV, SS and CFTBL.

#206 4 years ago

Since it’s highly doubtful that CGC would remake a classic Bally game. Thought what if they just made populated playfield for games like Fathom and Centar. Or even a kit with complete playfield and backglass. If price was right I’d be in for a kit of both.

3 weeks later
#207 4 years ago

My top 5 sales projection. Please feel free to list yours.
#1 Medieval Madness,
Probably considered the holy grail pin by more people then any other game. They will keep making runs of this for many years.
#2 The Addams Family
This is if they make it. From my 20 years of collecting this is the most requested pin from casual players and non hobbyist that want to buy a game for their home. Most of these people want a new in box game. Also many hobbyists would pony up for a NIB one.
#3 Monster Bash,
Another favorite grail pin to many collectors. Already sold out of the 1250 LE's. CE and Se sales look to be really good.
#4 Attack From Mars,
Just something about battling aliens that people love. Very fun game to play.
#5 Big Bang Bar,
Another alien theme that's been on everyone's dream of owning one.

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

My top 5 sales projection. Please feel free to list yours.
#1 Medieval Madness,
Probably considered the holy grail pin by more people then any other game. They will keep making runs of this for many years.
#2 The Addams Family
This is if they make it. From my 20 years of collecting this is the most requested pin from casual players and non hobbyist that want to buy a game for their home. Most of these people want a new in box game. Also many hobbyists would pony up for a NIB one.
#3 Monster Bash,
Another favorite grail pin to many collectors. Already sold out of the 1250 LE's. CE and Se sales look to be really good.
#4 Attack From Mars,
Just something about battling aliens that people love. Very fun game to play.
#5 Big Bang Bar,
Another alien theme that's been on everyone's dream of owning one.

Perfect choice, people ask me all the time
Is your Addams for sale ?
I know a guy who sells Sterns, JJP, and rebuilt B/W games and he’s said numerous times he could sell AF all day
Long .

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Perfect choice, people ask me all the time
Is your Addams for sale ?
I know a guy who sells Sterns, JJP, and rebuilt B/W games and he’s said numerous times he could sell AF all day
Long .

Now only if CGC would make TAF.

#210 4 years ago

I’d rather them make Scared Stiff.

1 week later
#211 4 years ago

Make them all

#212 4 years ago

My pocketbook and house can't handle all that...or my back for that matter.

#213 4 years ago

I’m thinking after the run of MMR the next game will be announced

I’m feeling BBBRLE

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

My pocketbook and house can't handle all that...or my back for that matter.

Me neither but still great to see these games out there playing great. Depressing to see a great classic like TAF or MB on location and routed to death. Looking forward to the next remake announcement. If BBBr that would be cool. Not a buyer but would be cool to actually play one. Still hoping for FHr.

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Depressing to see a great classic like TAF or MB on location and routed to death. Not a buyer but would be cool to actually play one.

Every TAF I've played on location has been beat to death and the stock lighting is horrible. Even if you go LEDs it's still not very good. It makes it even harder to play for me since I own a nicer TAF. It was routed to death also but with time and money it now plays and look good. But for the amount of time and money I've put into it I would have rather bought a new one.

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Every TAF I've played on location has been beat to death and the stock lighting is horrible. Even if you go LEDs it's still not very good. It makes it even harder to play for me since I own a nicer TAF. It was routed to death also but with time and money it now plays and look good. But for the amount of time and money I've put into it I would have rather bought a new one.

We all know the argument that so many TAF were made that the game if remade may not sell well, but it appears there is demand for a pristine TAF as most examples of this title are in rough shape...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/88591
62EA1E11-B8E4-4E1E-9774-01C8C1614A19 (resized).jpeg62EA1E11-B8E4-4E1E-9774-01C8C1614A19 (resized).jpeg

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

We all know the argument that so many TAF were made that the game if remade may not sell well, but it appears there is demand for a pristine TAF as most examples of this title are in rough shape...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/88591
[quoted image]

And that still doesn't have the large display.
I still say TAF would be their second best sell if they made it.

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I still say TAF would be their second best sell if they made it.

I agree, It's like Monsterbash all over again. Ridiculous prices and they brought it back..Same situation with TAF now...Bring it on!

#219 4 years ago

Hoping they knock two games off this list in 2020.
Technically they did produce two games this past year even if one was another run of MMR. I think their biggest slowdown was with all the playfield issues they had with MBRLE or they would be farther ahead right now.

1 week later
#220 4 years ago

Well the other mmr run hasn’t actually happened yet (parts delay) so...technically 1 game this year.

#221 4 years ago

Any further word on if we're going to see a CGC reveal at The Texas Pinball Festival?

1 week later
#222 4 years ago

Wanted to place-hold where the poll is at for the beginning of 2020.
Also since it looks like CGC is once again experiencing delays my 2020 predictions are: Finish run of MMR's and then announce CCR at TPF.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#223 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Wanted to place-hold where the poll is at for the beginning of 2020.
Also since it looks like CGC is once again experiencing delays my 2020 predictions are: Finish run of MMR's and then announce CCR at TPF.[quoted image]

BBBr it is then, make it happen CGC

#224 4 years ago

Like to see a Fireball 3

#225 4 years ago

BBBR I heard was next not CCR

I honestly would love a brand new Addams Family updated with all the LE
Goodies.

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

BBBr it is then, make it happen CGC

The evidence is overwhelming!

#227 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Goodies.

If it’s BBB, I’m in!

#228 4 years ago

If it’s BBB I’m out.... theme execution is just a bit too off color for my game room. However it looks like a decent shooter.

#229 4 years ago

It’s crazy to me that White Water didn’t receive more votes!

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

It’s crazy to me that White Water didn’t receive more votes!

How do think I feel about Scared Stiff??? Only 67 votes WTF????? I would be in day one on an LE. Same with Addams Family.

#231 4 years ago

TOTAN makes the most sense to me. It’s a top 20 game, there are no licensing issues, and prices on the used market are strong. It fits the template established by MMr, AFMr, and MBr perfectly. Plus I really want one

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

TOTAN makes the most sense to me. It’s a top 20 game, there are no licensing issues, and prices on the used market are strong. It fits the template established by MMr, AFMr, and MBr perfectly. Plus I really want one

Think TOTAN was on the short list of games CGC plans on remaking. Same for TOM. I'm not too interested in those but know a lot of others are. TAF makes more sense to me but sounds like CGC is sticking with unlicensed titles. Whichever is next, be nice to find out soon. Love seeing these remakes out there playing fresh and new.

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Goodies.

I would be in on a BBB I would make room, I know people are loving licensed themes these days but why reproduce a game like TAF when they are easy to get, same with TOM or WH2O. BBB is never available and rare - and a decent game (I know rare does not necessarily make good) but I love sci-fi themes. That is why I was hopeful for RAZA space theme with a little humor. I think non-licensed themes can outlive many themes, maybe not always true but I think Getaway, FT, TOM, WH2O are all unlicensed and that is what are considered great games from the 90’s. Will a Stranger Things be thought of in the same way in 30 years?

I am hoping for BBB, I have played it at CA Extreme every year and I think it is great.

#234 4 years ago

I also love BBB. I wouldn't mind one.

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

BBB is never available and rare - and a decent game (I know rare does not necessarily make good) but I love sci-fi themes.

Ditto this! In my mind BBB is what The Restaurant at the End of the Universe might be like in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

#236 4 years ago

I think TZ will be coming out in the future also.

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I think TZ will be coming out in the future also.

I can't see it happening...a new TZ these days would probably be 15k easy...maybe there's enough demand..but don't know.

#238 4 years ago

CGC, make new games and stop with just copying the old classics. CGC has no creative ability to make modern day games with depth and such, for all the money we have to spend on them? Modern games are much more advanced. Yes, the old ones are fun, but in a home environment, don’t have much staying power, because of the simple play and shallowness. Of course some modern day games might fit in this category too, but for the most part so much better.

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

CGC, make new games and stop with just copying the old games. CGC has no creative ability to make modern day games with depth and such for all the money we have to spend on them? Modern games are much more advanced. Yes, the old ones are fun, but in a home environment, don’t have much staying power, because of the simple play and shallowness. Of course some modern day games might fit in this category too, but for the most part so much better.

What? I think the sales say otherwise...

I imagine they may make an original game at some point, but it is clear that so far their choices have been just fine. We could debate your statement regarding newer games all day long, but there's no reason to.

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

CGC, make new games and stop with just copying the old classics.

There's these other companies: Stern, JJP, AP, Spooky, and maybe someday soon Deeproot, that make these new games you seek. Is that not enough choice of new games for you?

Eventually I'm sure CGC will try their hand at something new.

#241 4 years ago

I kind of wish they would do Varkon.

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Ditto this! In my mind BBB is what The Restaurant at the End of the Universe might be like in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I agree entirely. Absolutely what draws me to this title. I figure this is the closest thing you’ll see to a production Douglas Adams themed pin. Outside of the awesome sci-fi bar scene though, the innuendo and moaning does get a bit old though and I wonder about it’s reception today.

Any new remake will hopefully have decent part interchangeability with the original Illinois Pinball remake. My Babelfish is getting crunchy.

#243 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

I agree entirely. Absolutely what draws me to this title. I figure this is the closest thing you’ll see to a production Douglas Adams themed pin. Outside of the awesome sci-fi bar scene though, the innuendo and moaning does get a bit old though and I wonder about it’s reception today.
Any new remake will hopefully have decent part interchangeability with the original Illinois Pinball remake. My Babelfish is getting crunchy.

The rarity of this pin has made it a unicorn of many. Once it comes out I'm sure it will sell well.

3 weeks later
#244 4 years ago

Hot off the press!! The next game is TAZ!!!!

3 months later
#245 3 years ago

Man I hope those protesters don't make it the pinball district. We'll never see what the next game is until 2024.
Speaking of, come on CGC let get an announcement out already!!!

1 week later
#246 3 years ago

Yeah, I hope CGC can start really chugging along and put out some titles. I voted for Circus Voltaire myself. Partly because they wouldn't have to worry about licensing like they would with some of the other titles, and partly because you don't see them that often and CV is very impressive in person.

1 month later
#247 3 years ago

Still no announcements??? Any insight what the next game might be?

#248 3 years ago

They are milking thw Medievel Madness Royale.

#249 3 years ago

Just a refresher from PPS forum.
"
Re: MBr
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 09:06:09 PM »
Well likely the next games might be BBB, MB, KP, TOM, or CC"

With MB already done and KP being done by a different company that leaves only 3 choices.
BBB, TOM or CC
BBB and CC are both rare games with high price tags. But I hear many saying code was never finished on these. I've never spent a lot of time on either so don't know.
TOM I consider a very fun game to play but not liked by many seasoned players. I would think this would be the easiest to make with no license issues and completed code.
So lest do a mini poll. Just make a post naming one of these three, BBB, CC or TOM as which one is next. I'll tally them up each week until they announce.
My vote goes for TOM.

#250 3 years ago
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,159.00
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 45.95
£ 38.00
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 510 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-remake-wish-list-what-would-you-like-to-see-remade/page/5?hl=stupidjackpot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.