CGC remake wish list. What would you like to see remade?

(Topic ID: 227925)

CGC remake wish list. What would you like to see remade?

By arcademojo

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 days ago by jawjaw
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“CGC remake wish list. What would you like to see remade?”

• Theatre of Magic 53 votes
    7%
  • Cactus Canyon 87 votes
    11%
  • Tales of the Arabian Nights 76 votes
    10%
  • Scared Stiff 37 votes
    5%
  • Cirqus Voltaire 50 votes
    7%
  • Twilight Zone 69 votes
    9%
  • The Addams Family 79 votes
    10%
  • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 78 votes
    10%
  • Big Bang Bar 88 votes
    12%
  • Funhouse 2.0 58 votes
    8%
  • Creature from the Black Lagoon 36 votes
    5%
  • White Water 54 votes
    7%

(Multiple choice - 765 votes by 378 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B3E16A41-D4C8-4F8B-AE54-57154B45730E (resized).png
fullsizeoutput_9b (resized).jpeg
Carls 01 (resized).jpg

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 months ago

I was thinking about the CV thing recently to. Think they could do that game some serious justice

#52 3 months ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I was thinking about the CV thing recently to. Think they could do that game some serious justice

It's been mentioned in other threads that they couldn't remake it for several reasons but I disagree. It can be done if they think they can make profit off it.

#53 3 months ago

As for the games with higher original production number that some say won't be very good to remake becuase they might not sell a lot of them. Here's my thoughts on them. Besides for the lower CE prices and I see a large influx of newer people in the hobby that would rather buy a new game with a phone call to an distro or dealer then have to hunt a used game. Many of them believe the newer game will have less problems and there is always the added warranty. This is why I can see games like TZ and TAF being remade. I know a few people like this. And yes they are buying new in box right now and plan on buying more.

#54 3 months ago

Looking at the $8000 Fathom listed on Pinside, I will repeat the call for a couple of games from that era. If they keep it original with single level playfield and no LCD display there should be no problem making it for $4500 if they can sell a base MB for $6K.

3 weeks later
#55 89 days ago

Pinbot and Taxi are the most memorable from my arcade days in the 80s. I pretty much lost track of pinball after that up until about 6 years ago. I welcome all of these titles. I recently bought an attack from Mars remake and to me it is like having a brand new title having only played it a handful of times at shows. Awesome game!

#56 89 days ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Pinbot and Taxi are the most memorable from my arcade days in the 80s. I pretty much lost track of pinball after that up until about 6 years ago. I welcome all of these titles. I recently bought an attack from Mars remake and to me it is like having a brand new title having only played it a handful of times at shows. Awesome game!

I'm in the same boat. Stopped going to arcades and playing pinball in the late 80's. Then got back into playing around 2000. Wasn't a lot of variety around so never got to play games like AFM, MM, MB, TAF, and the rest of the late Williams/Bally pins. Only played AFM maybe 3 times before my buddy bought a AFMR. And agreed it's like a whole new game.

#57 89 days ago

If I ran the circus and was making a EM or early SS remake, copy or new game in the genre, I would not go the route of TNA and dedicated LED displays... I would put a 27” dirt cheap LCD in the back box and animate the whole thing so it looks like score reals... real score reals are way to expensive for thier added nostalgia and the micro displays were a detractor on TNA IMO... not sure you need that much throw in your throw back.

1 month later
#58 39 days ago

Cactus Canyon and Big Bang Bar tied in for first place with 68 votes.
Addams Family coming in close second with 65 votes.
Lets get some more votes in.

#59 39 days ago

Can we please add Genco's Lucky 7 to the list?

Yeah, you never played one, but trust me - it's addicting!

#60 39 days ago

BBB or nothing for me

#61 39 days ago

BBB please for the win. I have an AFMr and whatever game is made is going to be nice for who wants one. Nice to have updated game with new parts at a decent (relative) price and great CS.

#62 39 days ago

I would love to have an Indiana Jones remake with updated lighting and dots. License issues would probably prevent this from being remade, but I’d be a buyer

#63 39 days ago

TZ would def get my interest as mint restored examples rarely come available locally.
Never seen a BBB in person- would love to spend some time on it.

#64 39 days ago
Quoted from JMK:

You need to go to Flippers in Outer Banks NC. They have every pin on this list at 50cents a game.

#65 39 days ago

I'll go back a ways and say Future Spa

#66 39 days ago
Quoted from JMK:

TZ would def get my interest as mint restored examples rarely come available locally.

I am so lucky the Ann Arbor, MI Pinball Show has a sweet BBB - I have gone there the past 2 years 80% of the reason to play that game. Going again this May to play it again and make up my final mind if I really want BBBr if/when it comes out.

#67 39 days ago

Coz, I have family that live in Wilmington, how far away is Outer Banks, NC?
Flippers sounds like a cool spot.

#68 39 days ago
Quoted from JMK:

Coz, I have family that live in Wilmington, how far away is Outer Banks, NC?
Flippers sounds like a cool spot.

Looks like it’s quite a drive. Even thought they’re both near the NC coast, it’s far apart. They have an amazing selection of pins. I played a new JJP POTC back in September. 50 cents a game too. You definitely need to check them out.

B3E16A41-D4C8-4F8B-AE54-57154B45730E (resized).png
#69 39 days ago

Yeah, that’s a bit of a hike lol.
Thanks Coz- hopefully, I can make it out there sometime.

#70 37 days ago

I would choose the Big Lebowski over any in the poll. Now that we are beyond the big three, TBL probably has the most potential for sales if they can pull it off somehow.

#71 37 days ago

I voted for CV - only played it a few times in person so I don’t know how deep it is, but it’s definitely fun. I like the wacky, unique style, cool ramps, unusual shots. Too bad they didn’t have Invisiglass back then...

I was going to vote TAF but really Dialed In is a similar enough game (and frankly way deeper, just as much fun if not moreso!)

#72 36 days ago

I'd be all in for a SSLE with a topper similar to ATM only it be Elvira jumping up and down

#73 36 days ago
Quoted from britrex1:

I'd be all in for a SSLE with a topper similar to ATM only it be Elvira jumping up and down

They could never get the bounce physics right with that topper... And if they did... Good luck on convincing your wife to let you have it in your house. Just good luck in general...

#74 36 days ago

Pretty much Indy or bust for me.

#75 36 days ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Pretty much Indy or bust for me.

Indy would be cool... Would love the updated graphics... But, I really hope its something like Cactus Canyon, then maybe a Tales From the Arabian Nights. As those machines are such cool machines...
But, if Scared Stiff got remade... I'd totally be down to buy one... And I'd totally buy Indy...
So... I'm rubbish at this... As I really want all the remakes they have made so far... Guess I need to get another job to buy them all!!!!

#76 36 days ago

I was originally a CCr supporter, but without new code I'm out.

I would however be in for a TOMr...upgraded trunk, upgraded sound, upgraded XL ColorDMD (graphics), topper, and most of the cool mods pre-installed (tiger saw etc...).

#77 36 days ago

Global Warfare

LTG : )

#78 31 days ago

Saw the new DMD on MBrLE at the Flipper Room in Concord, CA today and it blew me away. I would much rather have this type of display on remakes than an LCD. I guess I just prefer the simplicity of it. The LCD screens on the newer games do nothing for me.

#79 30 days ago

Well, while I would love to see Indiana Jones and Funhouse - it's going to be Cactus Canyon

#80 30 days ago

Cactus. Canyon.

WITH updated fully completed code. I'll keep hoping.

#81 29 days ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Cactus. Canyon.
WITH updated fully completed code. I'll keep hoping.

That be my choice for the next one... I don't think continued would be a plausible option... And so I hope they would not only complete the code... And frankly I don't think that much would be needed. But, I'd also like them to add in a proper match animation.
The game is great has a lot of great animations, but the match sequence is just bland. Just numbers.
They can do better.

A funhouse would be great... But, I don't want a lcd or DMD on it. I really cringe when I see the BOP dmd stuff. I think Rudy is the star and doesn't need a dmd. He's enough to have fun with... And if they keep the costs down. Maybe it could be done for 5,500 to 6,500.... Or cheaper... Doubtful though.

#82 25 days ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

That be my choice for the next one... I don't think continued would be a plausible option... And so I hope they would not only complete the code... And frankly I don't think that much would be needed. But, I'd also like them to add in a proper match animation.
The game is great has a lot of great animations, but the match sequence is just bland. Just numbers.
They can do better.
A funhouse would be great... But, I don't want a lcd or DMD on it. I really cringe when I see the BOP dmd stuff. I think Rudy is the star and doesn't need a dmd. He's enough to have fun with... And if they keep the costs down. Maybe it could be done for 5,500 to 6,500.... Or cheaper... Doubtful though.

Id have to say Funhouse is a longshot. CGC probably wants to target their games in the $6-8K range from low to high end. Funhouse to sell at the $6-8K range to make it equitable would require LCD/DMD, thus Funhouse 2.0, which would almost surely require Pat Lawlor's involvement, as well as design of the animations from scratch. Lots of expense here. More likely, they finish Cactus Canyon.

#83 25 days ago

Here's my pie in the sky hope. I would really like if it was possible for CGC to remake some of the old SS games that are super rare and barely anyone has played. I'm talking Williams: Warlok, Defender, Barracora, Star Light, Joust. Stern: Quicksilver and Star Gazer. Gottlieb: Strange World, Alien Star, Krull, TX Sector, Robo-War. Data East: King Kong. Game Plan: Loch Ness Monster, Cyclopes, Andromeda. Bally: Centaur and Fathom. I realize this list is just personal wish fulfillment but these are the types of games and Era I enjoy the most so there you go. I'm sure a number of these titles would sell like hotcakes.

#84 25 days ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Here's my pie in the sky hope. I would really like if it was possible for CGC to remake some of the old SS games that are super rare and barely anyone has played. I'm talking Williams: Warlok, Defender, Barracora, Star Light, Joust. Stern: Quicksilver and Star Gazer. Gottlieb: Strange World, Alien Star, TX Sector, Robo-War. Data East: King Kong. Game Plan: Loch Ness Monster, Cyclopes, Andromeda. Bally: Centaur and Fathom. I realize this list is just personal wish fulfillment but these are the types of games and Era I enjoy the most so there you go. I'm sure a number of these titles would sell like hotcakes.

The Stern ones are out of the question. If there is a buck to be made off of remaking classic Sterns, Stern would be doing it. Now the early Bally's such as Fathom, Centaur with enhancements would be awesome.

#85 25 days ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

The Stern ones are out of the question. If there is a buck to be made off of remaking classic Sterns, Stern would be doing it. Now the early Bally's such as Fathom, Centaur with enhancements would be awesome.

Gary Stern owns the Data East and Sega stuff too but I included it just to be thorough. I really hope Stern does remake a game like Star Gazer or Quicksilver, I think they would sell really well if they were priced just below Pro level pricing.

#86 25 days ago

I seriously doubt CGC is going to get into changing game code since they are just emulating old roms. I imagine the license and development process would be very different and difficult if designing new code.

Funhouse needs to happen. I rather see the original alpha numeric displays but you could emulate them with the LCD display. Just keep it looking original. No need to fancy it up. I bet it would sell better than CCr. I love the theme and the pop up targets but CC is kind of bland in the gameplay department. Funhouse is a huge classic and simpler code appeals to a lot of people.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Skokie, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Worth, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rutledge, PA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 235.00
Boards
RS Technologies
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside