(Topic ID: 227925)

CGC remake wish list. What would you like to see remade?

By arcademojo

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 185 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“CGC remake wish list. What would you like to see remade?”

• Theatre of Magic 79 votes
    7%
  • Cactus Canyon 140 votes
    12%
  • Tales of the Arabian Nights 130 votes
    11%
  • Scared Stiff 60 votes
    5%
  • Cirqus Voltaire 71 votes
    6%
  • Twilight Zone 116 votes
    10%
  • The Addams Family 117 votes
    10%
  • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 134 votes
    11%
  • Big Bang Bar 139 votes
    11%
  • Funhouse 2.0 83 votes
    7%
  • Creature from the Black Lagoon 61 votes
    5%
  • White Water 82 votes
    7%

(Multiple choice - 1212 votes by 595 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

56184372_2390419560988660_6419574359043604480_n (resized).jpg
B3E16A41-D4C8-4F8B-AE54-57154B45730E (resized).png
fullsizeoutput_9b (resized).jpeg
Carls 01 (resized).jpg

There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 11 months ago

I was thinking about the CV thing recently to. Think they could do that game some serious justice

#52 11 months ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I was thinking about the CV thing recently to. Think they could do that game some serious justice

It's been mentioned in other threads that they couldn't remake it for several reasons but I disagree. It can be done if they think they can make profit off it.

#53 11 months ago

As for the games with higher original production number that some say won't be very good to remake becuase they might not sell a lot of them. Here's my thoughts on them. Besides for the lower CE prices and I see a large influx of newer people in the hobby that would rather buy a new game with a phone call to an distro or dealer then have to hunt a used game. Many of them believe the newer game will have less problems and there is always the added warranty. This is why I can see games like TZ and TAF being remade. I know a few people like this. And yes they are buying new in box right now and plan on buying more.

#54 11 months ago

Looking at the $8000 Fathom listed on Pinside, I will repeat the call for a couple of games from that era. If they keep it original with single level playfield and no LCD display there should be no problem making it for $4500 if they can sell a base MB for $6K.

3 weeks later
#55 10 months ago

Pinbot and Taxi are the most memorable from my arcade days in the 80s. I pretty much lost track of pinball after that up until about 6 years ago. I welcome all of these titles. I recently bought an attack from Mars remake and to me it is like having a brand new title having only played it a handful of times at shows. Awesome game!

#56 10 months ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Pinbot and Taxi are the most memorable from my arcade days in the 80s. I pretty much lost track of pinball after that up until about 6 years ago. I welcome all of these titles. I recently bought an attack from Mars remake and to me it is like having a brand new title having only played it a handful of times at shows. Awesome game!

I'm in the same boat. Stopped going to arcades and playing pinball in the late 80's. Then got back into playing around 2000. Wasn't a lot of variety around so never got to play games like AFM, MM, MB, TAF, and the rest of the late Williams/Bally pins. Only played AFM maybe 3 times before my buddy bought a AFMR. And agreed it's like a whole new game.

#57 10 months ago

If I ran the circus and was making a EM or early SS remake, copy or new game in the genre, I would not go the route of TNA and dedicated LED displays... I would put a 27” dirt cheap LCD in the back box and animate the whole thing so it looks like score reals... real score reals are way to expensive for thier added nostalgia and the micro displays were a detractor on TNA IMO... not sure you need that much throw in your throw back.

1 month later
#58 9 months ago

Cactus Canyon and Big Bang Bar tied in for first place with 68 votes.
Addams Family coming in close second with 65 votes.
Lets get some more votes in.

#59 9 months ago

Can we please add Genco's Lucky 7 to the list?

Yeah, you never played one, but trust me - it's addicting!

#60 9 months ago

BBB or nothing for me

#61 9 months ago

BBB please for the win. I have an AFMr and whatever game is made is going to be nice for who wants one. Nice to have updated game with new parts at a decent (relative) price and great CS.

#62 9 months ago

I would love to have an Indiana Jones remake with updated lighting and dots. License issues would probably prevent this from being remade, but I’d be a buyer

#63 9 months ago

TZ would def get my interest as mint restored examples rarely come available locally.
Never seen a BBB in person- would love to spend some time on it.

#64 9 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

You need to go to Flippers in Outer Banks NC. They have every pin on this list at 50cents a game.

#65 9 months ago

I'll go back a ways and say Future Spa

#66 9 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

TZ would def get my interest as mint restored examples rarely come available locally.

I am so lucky the Ann Arbor, MI Pinball Show has a sweet BBB - I have gone there the past 2 years 80% of the reason to play that game. Going again this May to play it again and make up my final mind if I really want BBBr if/when it comes out.

#67 9 months ago

Coz, I have family that live in Wilmington, how far away is Outer Banks, NC?
Flippers sounds like a cool spot.

#68 9 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

Coz, I have family that live in Wilmington, how far away is Outer Banks, NC?
Flippers sounds like a cool spot.

Looks like it’s quite a drive. Even thought they’re both near the NC coast, it’s far apart. They have an amazing selection of pins. I played a new JJP POTC back in September. 50 cents a game too. You definitely need to check them out.

B3E16A41-D4C8-4F8B-AE54-57154B45730E (resized).png
#69 9 months ago

Yeah, that’s a bit of a hike lol.
Thanks Coz- hopefully, I can make it out there sometime.

#70 9 months ago

I would choose the Big Lebowski over any in the poll. Now that we are beyond the big three, TBL probably has the most potential for sales if they can pull it off somehow.

#71 9 months ago

I voted for CV - only played it a few times in person so I don’t know how deep it is, but it’s definitely fun. I like the wacky, unique style, cool ramps, unusual shots. Too bad they didn’t have Invisiglass back then...

I was going to vote TAF but really Dialed In is a similar enough game (and frankly way deeper, just as much fun if not moreso!)

#72 9 months ago

I'd be all in for a SSLE with a topper similar to ATM only it be Elvira jumping up and down

#73 9 months ago
Quoted from britrex1:

I'd be all in for a SSLE with a topper similar to ATM only it be Elvira jumping up and down

They could never get the bounce physics right with that topper... And if they did... Good luck on convincing your wife to let you have it in your house. Just good luck in general...

#74 9 months ago

Pretty much Indy or bust for me.

#75 9 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Pretty much Indy or bust for me.

Indy would be cool... Would love the updated graphics... But, I really hope its something like Cactus Canyon, then maybe a Tales From the Arabian Nights. As those machines are such cool machines...
But, if Scared Stiff got remade... I'd totally be down to buy one... And I'd totally buy Indy...
So... I'm rubbish at this... As I really want all the remakes they have made so far... Guess I need to get another job to buy them all!!!!

#76 9 months ago

I was originally a CCr supporter, but without new code I'm out.

I would however be in for a TOMr...upgraded trunk, upgraded sound, upgraded XL ColorDMD (graphics), topper, and most of the cool mods pre-installed (tiger saw etc...).

#78 8 months ago

Saw the new DMD on MBrLE at the Flipper Room in Concord, CA today and it blew me away. I would much rather have this type of display on remakes than an LCD. I guess I just prefer the simplicity of it. The LCD screens on the newer games do nothing for me.

#79 8 months ago

Well, while I would love to see Indiana Jones and Funhouse - it's going to be Cactus Canyon

#80 8 months ago

Cactus. Canyon.

WITH updated fully completed code. I'll keep hoping.

#81 8 months ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Cactus. Canyon.
WITH updated fully completed code. I'll keep hoping.

That be my choice for the next one... I don't think continued would be a plausible option... And so I hope they would not only complete the code... And frankly I don't think that much would be needed. But, I'd also like them to add in a proper match animation.
The game is great has a lot of great animations, but the match sequence is just bland. Just numbers.
They can do better.

A funhouse would be great... But, I don't want a lcd or DMD on it. I really cringe when I see the BOP dmd stuff. I think Rudy is the star and doesn't need a dmd. He's enough to have fun with... And if they keep the costs down. Maybe it could be done for 5,500 to 6,500.... Or cheaper... Doubtful though.

#82 8 months ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

That be my choice for the next one... I don't think continued would be a plausible option... And so I hope they would not only complete the code... And frankly I don't think that much would be needed. But, I'd also like them to add in a proper match animation.
The game is great has a lot of great animations, but the match sequence is just bland. Just numbers.
They can do better.
A funhouse would be great... But, I don't want a lcd or DMD on it. I really cringe when I see the BOP dmd stuff. I think Rudy is the star and doesn't need a dmd. He's enough to have fun with... And if they keep the costs down. Maybe it could be done for 5,500 to 6,500.... Or cheaper... Doubtful though.

Id have to say Funhouse is a longshot. CGC probably wants to target their games in the $6-8K range from low to high end. Funhouse to sell at the $6-8K range to make it equitable would require LCD/DMD, thus Funhouse 2.0, which would almost surely require Pat Lawlor's involvement, as well as design of the animations from scratch. Lots of expense here. More likely, they finish Cactus Canyon.

#83 8 months ago

Here's my pie in the sky hope. I would really like if it was possible for CGC to remake some of the old SS games that are super rare and barely anyone has played. I'm talking Williams: Warlok, Defender, Barracora, Star Light, Joust. Stern: Quicksilver and Star Gazer. Gottlieb: Strange World, Alien Star, Krull, TX Sector, Robo-War. Data East: King Kong. Game Plan: Loch Ness Monster, Cyclopes, Andromeda. Bally: Centaur and Fathom. I realize this list is just personal wish fulfillment but these are the types of games and Era I enjoy the most so there you go. I'm sure a number of these titles would sell like hotcakes.

#84 8 months ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Here's my pie in the sky hope. I would really like if it was possible for CGC to remake some of the old SS games that are super rare and barely anyone has played. I'm talking Williams: Warlok, Defender, Barracora, Star Light, Joust. Stern: Quicksilver and Star Gazer. Gottlieb: Strange World, Alien Star, TX Sector, Robo-War. Data East: King Kong. Game Plan: Loch Ness Monster, Cyclopes, Andromeda. Bally: Centaur and Fathom. I realize this list is just personal wish fulfillment but these are the types of games and Era I enjoy the most so there you go. I'm sure a number of these titles would sell like hotcakes.

The Stern ones are out of the question. If there is a buck to be made off of remaking classic Sterns, Stern would be doing it. Now the early Bally's such as Fathom, Centaur with enhancements would be awesome.

#85 8 months ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

The Stern ones are out of the question. If there is a buck to be made off of remaking classic Sterns, Stern would be doing it. Now the early Bally's such as Fathom, Centaur with enhancements would be awesome.

Gary Stern owns the Data East and Sega stuff too but I included it just to be thorough. I really hope Stern does remake a game like Star Gazer or Quicksilver, I think they would sell really well if they were priced just below Pro level pricing.

#86 8 months ago

I seriously doubt CGC is going to get into changing game code since they are just emulating old roms. I imagine the license and development process would be very different and difficult if designing new code.

Funhouse needs to happen. I rather see the original alpha numeric displays but you could emulate them with the LCD display. Just keep it looking original. No need to fancy it up. I bet it would sell better than CCr. I love the theme and the pop up targets but CC is kind of bland in the gameplay department. Funhouse is a huge classic and simpler code appeals to a lot of people.

1 month later
#87 7 months ago

Lots of votes coming in.
My personal to dream titles to be remade are TAF and SS. TAF would be a long shot but think SS shouldn’t be that hard to get a license for. Yeah I know Stern has “A” license for a new Elvira pin but that doesn’t mean they can’t still get the license for SS.

#88 7 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I seriously doubt CGC is going to get into changing game code since they are just emulating old roms. I imagine the license and development process would be very different and difficult if designing new code.
Funhouse needs to happen. I rather see the original alpha numeric displays but you could emulate them with the LCD display. Just keep it looking original. No need to fancy it up. I bet it would sell better than CCr. I love the theme and the pop up targets but CC is kind of bland in the gameplay department. Funhouse is a huge classic and simpler code appeals to a lot of people.

Sadly... I don't think CGC will remake Funhouse. There was a snafu with my MBr, and so I had a big wig in my house setting up the machine. I picked his brain and while I'm smart enough to know that they can't tell me anything real or concrete.
There is one reason why I doubt it will. It is not a DMD. And I doubt they'd want to make the animations for all of it.
Now, I wasn't told directly that there would be no funhouse. The response I got was why did I order the LE. And of course I said, because I wanted the upgraded display and animations. And so... That is why they're might not be a Fun House release or any other non-dmd games.

It stinks... As I do think there is a market for a funhouse. A NIB funhouse for 4-5k... I'd be open for that... But, then again Funhouse you can find for around 4-5k used...
But, who knows. A good company knows when to play coy and put up smoke screens. And waiting and guessing is part of the fun.

#89 7 months ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

A NIB funhouse for 4-5k... I'd be open for that...

A lot of people would. If made, it just wouldn't be available for that. I'm sure it would be a lot more.

LTG : )

#90 7 months ago

Minty Twilight Zone with updated graphics and light show. Yes please.

#91 7 months ago

I would like to see SS be remade. The interactive spider wheel backbox is just awesome and would be something new for CGC to explore.

#92 7 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

As for the games with higher original production number that some say won't be very good to remake becuase they might not sell a lot of them. Here's my thoughts on them. Besides for the lower CE prices and I see a large influx of newer people in the hobby that would rather buy a new game with a phone call to an distro or dealer then have to hunt a used game. Many of them believe the newer game will have less problems and there is always the added warranty. This is why I can see games like TZ and TAF being remade. I know a few people like this. And yes they are buying new in box right now and plan on buying more.

I am new in the hobby and agree 100% with your statement. My wife loves TAF but i cant justify spending more than 6k on 30 year old machines.
Make a brand new one for 7 or 8k and i am buying it the day its available.

Within last couple months Bought MBr SE and a old JP but at $2800 i felt that was a fair value. Plan on buying a AFMr SE next month brand new. I am really happy with CGC so far.

#93 7 months ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

I am new in the hobby and agree 100% with your statement. My wife loves TAF but i cant justify spending more than 6k on 30 year old machines.
Make a brand new one for 7 or 8k and i am buying it the day its available.
Within last couple months Bought MBr SE and a old JP but at $2800 i felt that was a fair value. Plan on buying a AFMr SE next month brand new. I am really happy with CGC so far.

This makes no sense to me at all. An original for 6k is not good enough but you would pay $2k MORE for a remake? I don’t understand this? What makes the remakes worth more to you in this way?

#94 7 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This makes no sense to me at all. An original for 6k is not good enough but you would pay $2k MORE for a remake? I don’t understand this? What makes the remakes worth more to you in this way?

I just like brand new, my preference.
My used JP i had to tinker with, solder, put leds, ect..ect.. i like opening a box sticking the legs on and playing brand new. I am sure i am not the only one.

#95 7 months ago

I've thought about this a lot, as I guess many of us have. When I take my personal preferences off the table and think about the business decision, it makes it easier to narrow down the choices. I figure Cactus Canyon is next due to the original low production numbers and higher cost to buy an original. After that, it's more difficult to guess, but I think that all things considered it'll probably be one of the more popular Williams/Bally games which sell for plenty of coin right now, with as little licensing issues as possible, and on the lower end of original production number. For those reasons, I think it will be ToTAN or ToM. Also, I just sold my ToTAN and it went fast. I was shocked at how much interest I received. Scared Stiff is also a possibility, though Stern's Elvira could impact it one way or the other. Obviously, there's Funhouse and White Water high up in popularity, but I haven't checked on what they're selling for lately. Many of the other more popular games have bigger licenses and were originally sold in 10,000 or higher numbers: IJ, TAF, TZ, and STTNG.

#96 7 months ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

I just like brand new, my preference.
My used JP i had to tinker with, solder, put leds, ect..ect.. i like opening a box sticking the legs on and playing brand new. I am sure i am not the only one.

I'm with you on this one. I've got all 3 of the remakes so far in LE and love them. I just sold my ToTAN, which was a great game, but it took way too much work to get it that way and there always seemed to be something else to fix. With a brand new remake there are no burnt boards, no wiring hacks, no brittle plastic parts, no damaged scoop holes, no damage from routing abuse, and no mildew or cigarette smells, plus they come with big color displays and beautiful toppers, etc. I know some people won't, but I'll pay a little extra for that, if it's one of the classics I like. So far, the only work I've done on my three new remake games is to replace the balls periodically and wipe down the playfields. That said, there are only two to three additional remakes from that era that interest me enough to possibly buy them.

#97 7 months ago

If CGC continues to improve machines as they remake them, at some point, the only thing left to add are minor bells and whistles or major game changing upgrades... or completely new machines using the original IP theme with modern rules, and new mechs and toys. This is where the rework of exisiting titles offer some really interesting opportunities in my opinion. I would love to see a Centaur III with modern rules, ramps and wireforms. But whether this is existing layouts tweeked, or total reworks, leave that to the designer, but keeping existing layouts and modifying them would give more nostalgia feels.

#98 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

A lot of people would. If made, it just wouldn't be available for that. I'm sure it would be a lot more.
LTG : )

Well, I think it would have to be in that price range. As the price range for an Funhouse is around 4-6k... With most going somewhere in the middle. Its a fun and creepy game. And I totally plan on having one someday. I plan on getting most of Pat's pins. I think you could make the argument that he might be the best designer ever... Him and Ritchie tied at number 1 with the rest duking it out for 3rd best.

And honestly. I don't think it needs an DMD/LCD. It works great as is. And I'm not a fan of remakes that overstep themselves. I think its one thing to enhance the original animations, and another thing to add a display when there was never one there and never planned for it. But, that is my opinion.
But, I also think there might be a market for reasonably priced remakes.
The classic edition of monster bash is 6k I believe. Very reasonably priced. Stern Pro's are around that price point as well.
And I think if Stern was smart they might explore the remake market as well. And I don't mean the vaults. I mean digging deep into their classics...

But, who knows. I also think if Williams was smart they'd release an official virtual pinball cab. One that has their games officially licensed and running their own unique software and front end. Visual Pinball has a lot of limitations, and I think if you combine the best elements from VPX and Pinball Arcade and the current company that owns the rights to Williams games, you would have a fun unique experience. One not as good as a real pinball machine. But easier to maintain, and one that you could play possibly hundreds of games on. Again... An official Virtual Cab. I think the current state of them... They're good... But, not great... Lots of room for improvement.
And I'm sorry that I went really out there in this post... But, yeah... I'd love CGC to get into remaking non-dmd games... But, whatever they do. They'll make it well and I plan on supporting them.

#99 7 months ago

So I have to ask because maybe I'm missing something here but did CGC also get the rights to Capcom games too? I don't understand why everyone is wanting or thinking that BBB is even a possibility for CGC to remake.

#100 7 months ago

BBB rights were part of Illinois Pinball asssets that PPS bought.
PPS is partnered with CGC to build all the titles PPS own rights to, including BBB. Capcom retained the rest of the rights to Pinball Magic etc. or so I thought.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Toppers
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside