Linked Games

Topic poll

“Have you had inconsistent scoop issues with CGC remakes?”

• Yes 29 votes
    73%
  • No 11 votes
    28%

(40 votes)

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

I placed a small 1” piece of 1/4” weather stripping along the right side wall of the scoop about three quarters up, never get any sdtm.

#52 4 years ago

I never had any issues with my AFMrSE, but my MBrSE had issues right out of the box. I increased the power like others stated and adjusted the pitch, it greatly improved the SDTM.

11 months later
#53 3 years ago

First day with NIB MBr LE...Love the game, but I'm having same issue with the scoop SDTM 98% of the time. I tried all power settings for the R Eject. The only thing that helped was to turn the power to MIN. The eject now sends the ball to the R flipper tip which allows me to save most from SDTM, but it still isn't right...I hate that I have to start to mod a machine right out of the box.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from soslower:

but it still isn't right.

Try loosening the screws holding the bracket to the playfield and turn as hard as you can while retightening the screws. See if it aims a little better.

LTG : )

#55 3 years ago

I found my scoop needed a slight “twist” towards the left, but it’s not for the faint of heart... I had to lock a pair of vise grips on the scoop and gave it a couple of degrees of leftward twist. That aimed it more towards the left flipper pivot point and it now is a non issue, mine is 100% NOT SDTM, but ranges across the face of the left flipper, from the tip on a soft and slow eject to shooting it back up the inlane on a hard and fast eject (very rare)... I also did the wavy washer add to snug up the coil, and I tried the foam in the inside throat but doing the twist solves this 100%, and I highly recommend it.

#56 3 years ago

I added a spring washer to the coil assembly and tightened it as much as I could to reduce all the slop in the mech. It has hit the center of the left flipper every time now for almost a year.

4 months later
#57 2 years ago

I bend the sheet down under the plunger,so the plunger sits a little deeper.so far i had no stdm anymore. ( i had a lot before)

1 month later
#58 2 years ago

Nothing worked for me other than wrapping top of scoop with a microfiber cloth and using a vice grip to manually rotate cw. Had tried loosening screws underneath and rotating ccw, weatherstrip under coil, increasing scoop power/time, etc.

George at CGC support was pretty slow, as I’m still waiting to hear back from one of the first steps and only recommendation he made (loosen screws and turn).

Glad it’s finally fixed though, thanks to wonderful pinheads in this topic!

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Glad it’s finally fixed though, thanks to wonderful pinheads in this topic!

I was glad to take the plunge and fix mine 100%, it is the one sure fire way of aiming it right. But frustration is a powerful motivator.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.00
$ 12.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-remake-scoop-problems/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.