Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ctozzi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hi Guys:

Just my opinion but wanted to share.

For some time, I have been eagerly awaiting news on remake #3. I have AFMr, so I am an existing customer.

Why, oh why, can't CGC let us know what the title of the next remake will be after we have all waited so long? Even if not ready for production, at least let me (and countless others waiting) know what we can expect next. I understand that they want to surprise us all but now we have more delays, I suspect there are a lot of unhappy potential buyers out there.

I am in the market for one NIB pinball at the moment. However, my hands are tied with making a decision as I don't know what the next CGC remake will be.

Once I know the next remake title, I can make a decision whether to wait for it or buy NIB from another manufacturer.

CGC.... if you are reading this, would it REALLY hurt you to let us know what the next remake will be, as we have all waited patiently for so long??

Just my thoughts.....

#2 5 years ago

doesn't matter to me at this point as I already blew my Pin $$ on IMDN LE

#3 5 years ago

doesn't matter to me at this point as I already blew my Pin $$ on IMDN pro

#4 5 years ago

So they remade MM and remade AFM rated number 1 and 2 on the top 100 so logically its #4 MB #3 TZ don't think the will do yet because of all the numerous playfield parts and current market price for a used TZ is not like the other 3.
    All of above also fetched a high market value before they were remade so again MB is in that league

CGC took a beating when MMR was delayed after announcing it so I think they don't want to repeat that mistake

I just obtained a Dialed In but if CGC would have had MBR to purchase I would have gotten that instead so these delays are not helping their sales.

#5 5 years ago

The manufacturers really can't do anything to please us can they? Announce a pin in September, lots of testing, then it changes and a triple disk gets removed because it's not reliable. So we bitch and moan about the delays and changes and say they shouldn't have announced it cause it wasn't ready.

Then what? a manufacturer is tight lipped about what is next, works hard in the background to get it right and fully complete and ready to ship before announcing it. So we bitch and moan because we want to know what it is and we want to see it and drool over it.

So which is it? Can't have it both ways.

#6 5 years ago

It's MBR.

There ya go!

#7 5 years ago

I believe i read somewhere they're announcing the next game at NW Pinball Show

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

I believe i read somewhere they're announcing the next game at NW Pinball Show

NWpinball just retracted it

This IS really weird. I am seriously starting to wonder if it’s not just licensing delays- and if it is, plus with the recent decision about The Pinball Arcade, is Scientific Games thInking about getting back into making games?

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

The manufacturers really can't do anything to please us can they? Announce a pin in September, lots of testing, then it changes and a triple disk gets removed because it's not reliable. So we bitch and moan about the delays and changes and say they shouldn't have announced it cause it wasn't ready.
    Then what? a manufacturer is tight lipped about what is next, works hard in the background to get it right and fully complete and ready to ship before announcing it. So we bitch and moan because we want to know what it is and we want to see it and drool over it.

No, I'm not saying announce all the toys, features and software or anything else that they may be adding, over the original. I'm just saying let us know the name of the game so I (and many others) can either wait until it is production ready or move on to something else.

Simple, really.

#10 5 years ago

The longer it takes, the more time we have to save some more money. This hobby is freaking expensive! If the rumours are true and the hold up is software related once announced there should be plenty of games to ship straight away. Does anyone know what game is being manufactured now?

#11 5 years ago

A lot of potential customers may have spent their money elsewhere. All CGC has to do is announce the title, that would let people preorder or decide the title may not for them. Seems like a foolish business decision to keep people waiting on the official announcement. I understand the game is not ready to ship, that’s fine, don’t show any pics or reveal any info. I may have saved my money had I known what game was #3, I just blew my money on LOTR

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

doesn't matter to me at this point as I already blew my Pin $$ on IMDN pro

And I blew mine on AC/DC Luci VE. Lots of options out there

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

And I blew mine on AC/DC Luci VE. Lots of options out there

That hunk of shit?
    I mean...sweet pick up bro

Quoted from Coz:

... Seems like a foolish business decision...

Well it's par for the pinball company course

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Bingo. I'll take the latter.

Take your time, get it right, announce title, and start shipping immediately. No preorder/deposit nonsense anymore. Make a big splash & create a frenzy. That's how you do it, not by trickling out info. They make a great product, and whatever the title is, it will speak for itself when finally revealed. They are not here to appease to impatient people who moan & can't wait for the details. If it's a desirable title, customers will find a way to purchase. They aren't losing sales by delaying the announcement.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That hunk of shit?
    I mean...sweet pick up bro

Hahaha, thank you!

#17 5 years ago

I'm waiting for kingpin .

#18 5 years ago

Well, it’s gonna be a game that’s been out for 20+ years anyways so what’s the rush?

I’d love to see them do something that’s not a WPC95 game.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

I'm waiting for kingpin .

I'm right here.

I have the same limited info you guys have, but when it's announce I will have all version release. Nows the time to drop some coins in your local pins on route, get outside while it's nice and just enjoy life. When cgc 3 is announced then everyone can decide what to do.

#20 5 years ago

Remember I believe Rick said.. he wont be announcing games until theyre ready for production... none of this preorder shit like some of the boutique manufacturers

#21 5 years ago

Chicago Gaming Company
    25 mins
    In recent weeks, there have been incorrect statements coming out of those that are trying to promote their up-and-coming pinball events. Let me make a couple of things clear, no pinball promoter is going to take over the marketing and timelines of CGC. When we are prepared to announce, I promise that the information is either going to come directly from CGC and/or our authorized global partner dealers. We appreciate everyone's enthusiasm for our next release and no one is more excited about our next release than CGC. I promise that we have once again raised the bar and our LE is going to be over the top. In meeting the demands of today's market, It is our goal to announce only when we are prepared to start manufacturing and shipping. We appreciate everyone's patience and appreciate your business. Doug Skor

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

Chicago Gaming Company
    25 mins
    In recent weeks, there have been incorrect statements coming out of those that are trying to promote their up-and-coming pinball events. Let me make a couple of things clear, no pinball promoter is going to take over the marketing and timelines of CGC. When we are prepared to announce, I promise that the information is either going to come directly from CGC and/or our authorized global partner dealers. We appreciate everyone's enthusiasm for our next release and no one is more excited about our next release than CGC. I promise that we have once again raised the bar and our LE is going to be over the top. In meeting the demands of today's market, It is our goal to announce only when we are prepared to start manufacturing and shipping. We appreciate everyone's patience and appreciate your business. Doug Skor

Thanks for posting this... Doug's statement does clarify what is going on, so I guess a little more patience is key!

#23 5 years ago

"We're not ready to admit that it's MBR yet" - Doug Skor

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

Thanks for posting this... Doug's statement does clarify what is going on, so I guess a little more patience is key!

Also somewhat shows that we've scared them off of Pinside cause they sure arent posting here anymore

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

Also somewhat shows that we've scared them off of Pinside cause they sure arent posting here anymore

That was the personal attacks awhile back.

Maybe one more announcement here and then move to their own forum for news and updates.

LTG : )

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

Way to go!! You should be so proud...

#27 5 years ago

They don't want to tank AFMr sales just yet

#28 5 years ago

I can't commit to iron maiden until I know if it's going to be monster bash.
    Just announce a title please. No details necessary. That's all most are really looking for I think.
    If it's not monster bash, I'm going for iron maiden. Easy.

#29 5 years ago

You can only reveal once. You don’t want everyone’s attention on the newest shiny toy by the time you’re actually ready to ship the shiny toy you announced 6 months ago.

#30 5 years ago

I was waiting to see as well, but I’m not a Maiden fan at all ( game looks fun) and MB didn’t do it for me when I had it so I pulled the trigger on a black afmrle.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-remake-3-my-opinion-on-the-delays?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.