76D5FED2-1EAF-40B6-AA1F-475AA7F7FFE0 (resized).jpeg
B8A58061-29BB-4F00-A5A7-6D96D6DEC458 (resized).png
DA98C685-CE95-486A-B82D-38B71A10C9B1 (resized).jpeg
2E97ADBC-7BD4-46BE-AAB1-DD114560F474 (resized).jpeg
B057B597-04A8-4676-9492-4BD4E656C810 (resized).jpeg
6A9E4F11-AC22-4A64-98C2-1EFB29B537DD (resized).jpeg
562C360B-A4F5-4186-89D1-52022A747F3D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 866 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 18.
#151 1 year ago

I want to believe that's not real. I really do.

But there is no results on a reverse image search for it. Saying it's a retheme, a retheme of what? And nobody has ever seen it?

Everyone keeps saying Tarantino is the kind of person who would do a period accurate game. Well, that looks period accurate. See the pics I posted above, that's exactly the era of the film, that's what games looked like.

I would love to be wrong. Obviously it's a shit picture, but a Data East looking red yellow and blue playfield with a half eaten hamburger is not what I was hoping for.

Gonna just lower my expectations and see what happens I guess. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised still.

#152 1 year ago
5A22C7FE-DA30-417E-968F-4951C4CC87D2 (resized).jpeg5A22C7FE-DA30-417E-968F-4951C4CC87D2 (resized).jpeg
#153 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But there is no results on a reverse image search for it. Saying it's a retheme, a retheme of what? And nobody has ever seen it?
Everyone keeps saying Tarantino is the kind of person who would do a period accurate game. Well, that looks period accurate. See the pics I posted above, that's exactly the era of the film, that's what games looked like.
I would love to be wrong. Obviously it's a shit picture, but a Data East looking red yellow and blue playfield with a half eaten hamburger is not what I was hoping for.
Gonna just lower my expectations and see what happens I guess. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised still.

Honestly, I don't care about that so much as long as it plays well..and it's also priced from the 90's.

or at least appropriately. If it is that and it's 10k it would be a hard sell....but then...look at the Fathoms...the beatles....bond 60th....etc...

#154 1 year ago

I might get a burger from that new Hawaiian burger joint while I am waiting.

#155 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Honestly, I don't care about that so much as long as it plays well..and it's also priced from the 90's.
or at least appropriately. If it is that and it's 10k it would be a hard sell....but then...look at the Fathoms...the beatles....bond 60th....etc...

It's not going to be priced from the '90s, that's for sure.

Anyways, nothing to do but wait. The teaser trailer was obviously super basic, but the graphic of the briefcase in it gave me hope this was going to be handled visually different than what we're seeing.

#156 1 year ago

I'm guessing Tarantino would never want someone to dictate what his movies should look like. If it's true that Tarantino wanted a certain look for the machine, it just seems like an odd contradiction for him to tell a pinball designer what a pinball machine should look like.

If this picture is real & Tarantino wanted a retro game, and if it's priced similar to modern games that have as much or more depth and features than this one, then I guess people who are in on theme no matter what will be the main market for it. Will be interesting to see what's revealed.

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's not going to be priced from the '90s, that's for sure.
Anyways, nothing to do but wait.

I’d be happy with it being priced like a modern day 90s title

#158 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I’d be happy with it being priced like a modern day 90s title

What does that mean to you? Because the 'cheap' games these days are $7,000.

Pinside has a reality distortion field where people have convinced themselves that's a good deal, because it's not $15k.

I'm not spending $7,000 on a game if it looks like a Data East. It's a look I don't care for. People love 90s games as long as it's the "good looking" 90s games. Nobody is clamoring for Gottlieb Premiers. Or old sausage finger Jurassic Parks.

#159 1 year ago

Huge Licence and Huge potential

Mark Ritchie with backing from Play Mechanix / Raw Thrills, wow !
That is some rather Epic code support.
I don't know how PM/RT will fare in the Pinball World, but that is backing from a very talented and experienced team in the gaming world.

If Mark has a good team around him and with support from a good mechanical engineer plus a high calibre player such as Josh Sharpe.......

And if assets Tarantino support actor call outs are there, so Holy Shit, I'm in and think all the big boxes will be ticked.

1. Theme
2. Designer
3. Assets
4. Code
5. Art
6. Build quality
7. Support
pf (resized).JPGpf (resized).JPG

#160 1 year ago

A random USA inflation calculator says $1 in 1993 is like $2.07 now.
What did LW3 cost NIB in 1993? Let' multiply that by 2.07

#161 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I don't know how PM/RT will fare in the Pinball World, but that is backing from a very talented and experienced team in the gaming world.
If Mark has a good team around him and with support from a good mechanical engineer plus a high calibre player such as Josh Sharpe.......
And if assets Tarantino support actor call outs are there, so Holy Shit, I'm in and think all the big boxes will be ticked.
1. Theme
2. Designer
3. Assets
4. Code
5. Art
6. Build quality
7. Support
[quoted image]

and on top of that, I'm guessing Bruce Willis callouts are dirt cheap these days. It's a shame how he's doing health wise, not a knock on him. I've always been a Bruce Willis fan, but these last 5 years or so...ugh.

But some custom MFKR Sam Jackson callouts would be sweet. I'm sick of all these motherfuckin balls in this motherfuckin pinball machine!

#162 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It looks like the 5 featured characters on the playfield are Jules, Mia, Vincent, The Wolf and... Jimmy. Jimmy?!??? Wonder who would have made that call. Christ, Jimmy's wife was a better character than Jimmy and all we saw were her (fine) legs. My confidence is shaken.

#163 1 year ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

It looks like the 5 featured characters on the playfield are Jules, Mia, Vincent, The Wolf and... Jimmy. Jimmy?!?? Wonder who would have made that call. Christ, Jimmy's wife was a better character than Jimmy and all we saw were her (fine) legs. My confidence is shaken.

#164 1 year ago

Oh, hell yeah! Bad MF Scoop! Lol

#165 1 year ago

Whats up with the grainy playfield picture being deleted from the thread?

#166 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What does that mean to you? Because the 'cheap' games these days are $7,000.
Pinside has a reality distortion field where people have convinced themselves that's a good deal, because it's not $15k.
I'm not spending $7,000 on a game if it looks like a Data East. It's a look I don't care for. People love 90s games as long as it's the "good looking" 90s games. Nobody is clamoring for Gottlieb Premiers. Or old sausage finger Jurassic Parks.

5-7k is what I had in mind. I was going to say “sought after 90’s title”. I’d be even happier with a 3-4k DE current title price though. But let’s keep our unrealistic hopes somewhat within reality.

#167 1 year ago

That grainy pic is easy to find if you check the usual sources. Doesn't look like a retheme of anything to me, and it's too elaborate to be a prank/fake. The fact that it was deleted is more proof it's real than anything in the photo itself.

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

That grainy pic is easy to find if you check the usual sources. Doesn't look like a retheme of anything to me, and it's too elaborate to be a prank/fake. The fact that it was deleted is more proof it's real than anything in the photo itself.

Well if it was...I think it worked against them. Fingers crossed that either wasn't it, or it looks way better in focus.

#169 1 year ago

Damn caught up on the thread too late to see the pic.

#170 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Damn caught up on the thread too late to see the pic.

Doesn't matter. Was a fake.

#171 1 year ago

....but was it?

#172 1 year ago

The only thing on the playfield i could see was the royale with cheese sculpt and thought it was pretty funny

#173 1 year ago

Christopher fucking Walken and the watch up his ass had better be in this game, also zeds dead and blueberry pancakes.

#175 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman33:

Christopher fucking Walken and the watch up his ass had better be in this game, also zeds dead and blueberry pancakes.

The watch should be in the game as a “hurry up” countdown timer…

#176 1 year ago

Those that saw the picture. What did you see? What did it have?

#177 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Those that saw the picture. What did you see? What did it have?

It was a real blurry cell phone pic that looked like a photoshopped LW3 playfield with some Pulp Fiction characters on it.

#178 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

It was a real blurry cell phone pic that looked like a photoshopped LW3 playfield with some Pulp Fiction characters on it.

I hope your right. I bought too many machines these last couple years. But I'm getting this in a year or 2 if it's good. I like the theme and I have been wanting a CGC machine. Please please don't mess this up CGC.

#179 1 year ago

It was not a LW3 playfield. It had a picture of a 45 on the playfield with inserts on it similar to the uzi on lw3. It looked like it had 3 drop targets up the middle slanted to the right with something behind them and 3 pops also maybe 3 inline drops to the left of it. The only sculpture I could see was a royale with cheese on the left side with a bite taken out of it. It didn't have any habitrails back to the inlanes so it looks like it has no ramps just like the rumors.

#180 1 year ago

What the?!? So that pic could have been real? Not sure I hate the art, looks 90s to me haha.

#181 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Wonder if I could move my CCr deposit to this one if it looks amazing and I would prefer the one over the other. Then again I’m guessing selling my CCr spot is also an option. Does anyone know when the actual reveal will be? Texas?

It has been confirmed It will be available for play at the Texas Pinball Festival.

#182 1 year ago
Quoted from ArtPylon:

Whats up with the grainy playfield picture being deleted from the thread?

No idea! I posted it, I sure as hell didn’t deleted it

#183 1 year ago

Get Pumped !

Get Hyped !

Get Down !

Gonna be crazy good !

PF Tracks (resized).JPGPF Tracks (resized).JPG
#184 1 year ago

The leak photo was absolute garbage quality. To be honest I wish I'd never seen it, it totally killed my buzz.

Maybe when it's revealed in high quality it will have more redeeming features when we can see the details. I honestly suggest not going to look for it if you haven't seen it. I'll give you a safe-from-deletion idea of what you missed:

Lethal-Weapon-Pinball-91-600x902 (resized).jpgLethal-Weapon-Pinball-91-600x902 (resized).jpg

#185 1 year ago

#186 1 year ago

I'm excited to see what Mark Ritchie designed. Eugene Jarvis was a pioneer of modern pinball rules, I've always hoped that he and/or Larry DeMar would get back in the game.

#187 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:Eugene Jarvis was a pioneer of modern pinball rules,

Is he working on this?

#188 1 year ago

It needs the quote "Will you give me oral pleasure? Will you kiss it?" Maybe a multiball mode?

#189 1 year ago

Come back Monday for the full reveal.

#190 1 year ago

My first reaction to the art was what the hell is this. But after looking at it a few times I realized I can't make decisions over blurred images that bad. Actually, it might be so bad it's good. I am digging the Data East look and wide open blue areas of the playfield. I am excited to see it. All the new playfields are so busy with every 1/4" packed with more art this might be a good way to go. If it is real of course.

#191 1 year ago

The whole single level/street level pin has never jived with me, but I know there are some that love it. I guess it’s a nostalgia thing for a lot of people. IMO once they introduced ramps/subways it was a complete game changer.
Theme has almost got me considering it though, full assets, music, call outs, it could be so cool!!! First Mod, ramps Haha

#192 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Come back Monday for the full reveal.

But it's Friiiiday and I want it nooooowwww

#193 1 year ago

I am just looking at the pic now, and if it is fake, someone has taken a lot of time to make it.

And why can't it be posted if it is a fake?

#194 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

It was not a LW3 playfield. It had a picture of a 45 on the playfield with inserts on it similar to the uzi on lw3. It looked like it had 3 drop targets up the middle slanted to the right with something behind them and 3 pops also maybe 3 inline drops to the left of it. The only sculpture I could see was a royale with cheese on the left side with a bite taken out of it. It didn't have any habitrails back to the inlanes so it looks like it has no ramps just like the rumors.

Also the words PULP and FICTION are inserts in the middle of the playfield. Theres caricature looking art of Sam Jackson on the left sling and Travolta on the right one. Lots of yellow and red with the center being a mostly blue gradient. Reveal is Monday...

#195 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

1. Theme
2. Designer
3. Assets
4. Code
5. Art
6. Build quality
7. Support
[quoted image]

I just think the licensing needed to get audio cuts from all the characters you'd want would be ridiculous and very unlikely in today's world.

#196 1 year ago

And the bonus inserts are shaped like a gun, finishing at a bull's eye target.

Scoop below the cheeseburger.

I think it is real, but find out next week I guess.

#197 1 year ago

I haven’t seen an explanation for what it is if it’s not real other than wishful thinking. It seems to be on a different level from a home brew or a retheme and I don’t think it’s some kind of manipulated picture.

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I haven’t seen an explanation for what it is if it’s not real other than wishful thinking. It seems to be on a different level of a home brew or a retheme and I don’t think it’s some kind of manipulated picture.

I agree with you think it is real as well. Too many things such as mentioned above like the scoop differences, inserts specific for the game, and art for me to believe it is a well done fake. But we will see........ I am curious will it be a DMD game or LCD? Retro-wise the new display type really doesn't fit the target theme time period. Alpha-numeric, reels? What will the code be? Should be interesting I think it has potential

#199 1 year ago

It makes me think of if Williams made a street level equivalent in the early 90s. Although I think there is a ramp back there, it just doesn't return to the inlanes. (More like Sorcerer or Firepower 2)

I like what I saw.

#200 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The leak photo was absolute garbage quality. To be honest I wish I'd never seen it, it totally killed my buzz.
Maybe when it's revealed in high quality it will have more redeeming features when we can see the details. I honestly suggest not going to look for it if you haven't seen it. I'll give you a safe-from-deletion idea of what you missed:
[quoted image]

Destroyed my buzz!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
$ 210.00
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Frisco, TX
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 866 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pulp-fiction-/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.