76D5FED2-1EAF-40B6-AA1F-475AA7F7FFE0 (resized).jpeg
B8A58061-29BB-4F00-A5A7-6D96D6DEC458 (resized).png
DA98C685-CE95-486A-B82D-38B71A10C9B1 (resized).jpeg
2E97ADBC-7BD4-46BE-AAB1-DD114560F474 (resized).jpeg
B057B597-04A8-4676-9492-4BD4E656C810 (resized).jpeg
6A9E4F11-AC22-4A64-98C2-1EFB29B537DD (resized).jpeg
562C360B-A4F5-4186-89D1-52022A747F3D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 866 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 18.
#801 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Agreed! This is something that stood out when I wstched the little content that is online.
It needs to match the gun shots from the movie.

Wonder if it has anything to do with concerns over machines making realistic gun shot sounds in public places? If so, how about a setting for home use - guns are fine here.

#802 1 year ago

I think the topper is cool. Just curious, does it spin around or do the dancers move? Or is it stationary?

#803 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I think the topper is cool. Just curious, does it spin around or do the dancers move? Or is it stationary?

The characters are mounted to rotating discs that can rotate both clockwise and anti-clockwise.

#804 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Wonder if it has anything to do with concerns over machines making realistic gun shot sounds in public places? If so, how about a setting for home use - guns are fine here.

You could be right about that concern, but I don't know that I'd call movie gunshots realistic sounding I'm not a gun guy at all, but I did live in Texas for 10 years, so I've heard my share of real guns fired!

#805 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

They rotate for dancing the twist and also occasionally to face the player while speaking. In person the topper is pretty darn cool. I think overall better than the GF CE topper.

#806 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

They rotate for dancing the twist and also occasionally to face the player while speaking. In person the topper is pretty darn cool. I think overall better than the GF CE topper.

Lol its way less cool than the godfather topper. The pulp fiction topper much much better at capturing the theme of the game though

#807 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Game looks really good. Can't wait to get it and hope it's before I die.

lol…..
β€œFunny I was thinking the same thing” (Jules)
Kinda like when you’re a kid, hoping you don’t die in your sleep before you open your xmas presents.

#808 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Lol its way less cool than the godfather topper. The pulp fiction topper much much better at capturing the theme of the game though

To each their own. The godfather is a generic topper that could fit on any gangster game. Pulps topper captures a moment in the movie excellently. For me it's obvious which one I like better.

#809 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Quoted from Haymaker:

Lol its way less cool than The Godfather topper.

FD5AE4DB-6391-4BDB-91E4-3CD6F5683412.gifFD5AE4DB-6391-4BDB-91E4-3CD6F5683412.gif

#810 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

To each their own. The godfather is a generic topper that could fit on any gangster game. Pulps topper captures a moment in the movie excellently. For me it's obvious which one I like better.

Almost begs the topper to be recreated at scale and be mounted over the pops.
Same interaction.
I want Mia and Vincent turning to me when I play and see them dance while in-mode.
The topper to me is irrelevant, world under glass first, not over it!

#811 1 year ago

What you reckon Ritchie working on next?
Maybe QT wants a Reservoir Dogs in his basement.

Mr White: β€œ who you gonna call?”
Nice Guy Eddie: β€œ Fuckin snake charmer”
Lol..

#812 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Yes thats exactly what I said, but the godfather topper at least has cool features vs just some static rotating figures

#813 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Yes thats exactly what I said, but the godfather topper at least has cool features vs just some static rotating figures

Oxymoron: a self-contradicting word or group of words
- Jumbo Shrimp
- Military Intelligence
- Organized mess
- Friendly fight
- Static rotating

#814 1 year ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Oxymoron: a self-contradicting word or group of words
- Jumbo Shrimp
- Military Intelligence
- Organized mess
- Friendly fight
- Static rotating

Its basically 2 statues (static) that are on rotating platters (rotating). Pretty easy concept to grasp if you've seen the topper.

#815 1 year ago

I actually think the game looks better without the topper - more "pure" pinball. I'm kind of surprised QT approved it.

#816 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's also the least interesting part of the entire package, and something that will be mostly meaningless during gameplay. It's for people who love that stuff, and I'm all for it, just saying, if you don't care that doesn't make you weird. SE already pretty expensive.

Did you play it yet?

#817 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

The topper is way more than just 'static rotating figures'. The lighting itself puts it leaps above most toppers. The animation and look of the lights itself is worth the price... then the dancing tied into the game is gravy.

#818 1 year ago

Ugh, toppers. I want to hate them.

#819 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I actually think the game looks better without the topper - more "pure" pinball.

I agree, I also thought that from the first moment, the SE is probably more appropriate looking from the outside for the era. Having said that, the topper is so freakin awesome.
had the chance to get an LE so I wasn’t going to let that slip. I think what I’m saying is you can’t go wrong with an SE. flynnibus said it right, that lighting with the animation of jack rabbit slim is fantastic. I do wish the rabbit was a little larger and more prominent, love that freakish mascot.

#820 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

I agree, I also thought that from the first moment, the SE is probably more appropriate looking from the outside for the era. Having said that, the topper is so freakin awesome.
had the chance to get an LE so I wasn’t going to let that slip. I think what I’m saying is you can’t go wrong with an SE. flynnibus said it right, that lighting with the animation of jack rabbit slim is fantastic. I do wish the rabbit was a little larger and more prominent, love that freakish mascot.

Yeh, I’ve got an LE coming, but I still think the SE looks more on point.

#821 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The topper is way more than just 'static rotating figures'. The lighting itself puts it leaps above most toppers. The animation and look of the lights itself is worth the price... then the dancing tied into the game is gravy.

If you say so. Look I know I'm in the minority here, so I got no problem if all you guys love it and feel like its necessary. I just was not that impressed with it.

#823 1 year ago

If you separate most toppers from the pinball machine they’re like those anime statues people buy and display in China cabinets. Like something the 40 year old virgin would own.

#824 1 year ago

LOL, my thoughts exactly.

Quoted from ArtPylon:

If you separate most toppers from the pinball machine they’re like those anime statues people buy and display in China cabinets. Like something the 40 year old virgin would own.

#825 1 year ago

Same. Collecting Funko Pops isn't my thing.

#826 1 year ago

lol

Quoted from ArtPylon:

#827 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Same. Collecting Funko Pops isn't my thing.

Funny. The only toppers I have are two funko pops on my GOT that my daughter bought me almost ten years ago.

#828 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Funny. The only toppers I have are two funko pops on my GOT that my daughter bought me almost ten years ago.

The only three I have are on my gnr ce and I feel they fit quite well there, the skeleton ones, but otherwise I don’t own any or ever check them out at the store

#829 1 year ago

Butch mentioned on the podcast he expects SE and coin op versions to go on the line first, then LE ,then more SE. maybe let’s by Christmas

#830 1 year ago

Butch mentioned on the podcast he expects SE and coin op versions to go on the line first

Woohoo, time to hit up my distro for some SE action. I can hot glue a couple barbies and die cast cars on top for the full effect.

#831 1 year ago

no hurry. It will be five months before production starts. That’s if everything comes together as planned. CGC will then be building PF thru end of 2024.

#832 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

no hurry. It will be five months before production starts. That’s if everything comes together as planned. CGC will then be building PF thru end of 2024.

I am getting mine in October as it has been promised.
Keeping them accountable

Lol

#833 1 year ago

Butch mentioned on the podcast he expects SE and coin op versions to go on the line first, then LE ,then more SE. maybe let’s by Christmas

Curious which version I'll get, and when. For tech support. Never too early to start learning.

LTG : )

#834 1 year ago

Recently sold my Funko collection only one's i had were all the Tarantino ones including the exclusives… sold them all about a week before this game was announced… I probably would have stuck the Pulp Fiction ones on top of the back box if I still had them, alas I had them long enough and they were just sitting there collecting dust, off they went.

#835 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I wasn’t bashing them, they just aren’t for me. and the same goes for toppers, which I equate them too for some reason. I guess because sometimes I think certain ones are cool, but overall not needed.

#836 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I wasn’t bashing them, they just aren’t for me. and the same goes for toppers, which I equate them too for some reason. I guess because sometimes I think certain ones are cool, but overall not needed.

I agree… at the end of the day I don’t play the topper and I don’t play with the Funkos so I can do without them. Only topper I bought was the GOT one, thought it was cool but it lost its novelty pretty quickly.

#837 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Did you play it yet?

Nope, I haven’t been to any shows, not sure when I’ll get a chance to flip it.

On paper I’m very into it, but how it plays will be the deciding factor for me, so no pre-ordering.

2 weeks later
1 month later
#839 10 months ago
7p1uq5 (resized).jpg7p1uq5 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#840 9 months ago

Came across this recently.
7:30 mark - just after the intro, Tarantino goes into a whole lotta info about PF (the movie, not the pin .

#841 9 months ago

Gameplay video available with the latest potato cam technology:

https://www.ifpapinball.com/pulp-fiction-pinball-gameplay-video/

#842 9 months ago

mmmm, just the way I like it...awkwardly framed

#843 9 months ago

Great interview btw

1 week later
#844 8 months ago

Hey just wondering if anyone has a recent update as to when PF is going into production. I ordered one but only a few weeks ago, so I know I’m pretty far down the list! Thanks.

#845 8 months ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

Hey just wondering if anyone has a recent update as to when PF is going into production. I ordered one but only a few weeks ago, so I know I’m pretty far down the list! Thanks.

Realistically, next spring

#846 8 months ago

I'm not sure if anyone here has played this yet but there is one on-site at Enterrium in Schaumburg, IL. I played it yesterday and its great.

#847 8 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Realistically, next spring

Josh was interviewed by Gonzo 2 weeks ago in which he said, we have a bunch of inventory and hope to start shipping October 1.
Of course there can be delays (still waiting for my CCRLE) but here's hoping.

49:33 mark

#848 8 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Josh was interviewed by Gonzo 2 weeks ago in which he said, we have a bunch of inventory and hope to start shipping October 1.
Of course there can be delays (still waiting for my CCRLE) but here's hoping.
49:33 mark

He also said LEs won't be built till next spring. He made it sound like the games coming out in October are for location ops.

#849 8 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

He also said LEs won't be built till next spring.

I can't imagine I ever said LEs won't be built till next Spring because that would involve me knowing when the LEs will be built. I have no such knowledge.

#850 8 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I can't imagine I ever said LEs won't be built till next Spring because that would involve me knowing when the LEs will be built. I have no such knowledge.

Fair enough. I could have swore someone said DBV games for operators to be built in October, with more standards built over winter, and LEs in March or so.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
There are 866 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pulp-fiction-/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.