76D5FED2-1EAF-40B6-AA1F-475AA7F7FFE0 (resized).jpeg
B8A58061-29BB-4F00-A5A7-6D96D6DEC458 (resized).png
DA98C685-CE95-486A-B82D-38B71A10C9B1 (resized).jpeg
2E97ADBC-7BD4-46BE-AAB1-DD114560F474 (resized).jpeg
B057B597-04A8-4676-9492-4BD4E656C810 (resized).jpeg
6A9E4F11-AC22-4A64-98C2-1EFB29B537DD (resized).jpeg
562C360B-A4F5-4186-89D1-52022A747F3D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 866 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.
#551 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

The playfield is currently being screen printed for production. That may change sometime in the future as digital options hit a level of quality that CGC is happy with, but that time is 'not yet'.

Just to be clear Josh, because I had heard this was the case and that's amazing, the prototype is is digital UV right? I can see it in the closeups.

You should be touting this fact loudly, very impressive.

#552 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

The playfield is currently being screen printed for production. That may change sometime in the future as digital options hit a level of quality that CGC is happy with, but that time is 'not yet'.

That’s interesting… is it a CMYK process?

#553 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The price really isn't that bad. It's the same as Beatles was 4 years ago, which makes it a good bit cheaper when you factor in inflation and rising pin prices.
It's a premium over a Stern Pro price for something out of the ordinary, and at this point, a total one-off. So it's pretty interesting. It certainly sets itself apart from all the other machines announced this week. Even more than the one that turns into a tank I think.

Fair points but we know the Beatles license cost Stern a LOT of money they had to recoup in that game. Oh and don't forget about all the kick-ass opto spinners and drop targets that you are always telling us cost so much.

In typical pinside fashion though there is a whole lot of bitching about the price and then buying it anyway, so clearly it's not as overpriced after all.

#554 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just to be clear Josh, because I had heard this was the case and that's amazing, the prototype is is digital UV right?

I believe every prototype machine that's been put together (including the one in the video and the one in my basement) are silk screened. CGC does this in house so it's definitely an asset of what they bring to the table in our partnership.

#555 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

That’s interesting… is it a CMYK process?

That's a question for Mr. Duba or Mr. White on the CGC side.

I'm just an accountant by day that got lucky enough to contribute some rules suggestions to a pinball game

#556 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Fair points but we know the Beatles license cost Stern a LOT of money they had to recoup in that game. Oh and don't forget about all the kick-ass opto spinners and drop targets that you are always telling us cost so much.
In typical pinside fashion though there is a whole lot of bitching about the price and then buying it anyway, so clearly it's not as overpriced after all.

My point wasn't to compare Beatles unfavorably to this or vice versa, just to point out that it's a similar style game that is cheaper, relatively, than that game was.

For $8K this seems like the best NIB value to me (sorry CJ) besides a Stern Pro. But I guess that depends on what you think of AP's offerings.

You also don't lose anything I'd care about by going Pro vs LE on this, though I know the topper fanatics would disagree.

#557 1 year ago

Is this a one of game for Raw Thrills, Or will they be producing new titles in the future? If they are I think that's exciting news

#558 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Is this a one of game for Raw Thrills, Or will they be producing new titles in the future? If they are I think that's exciting news

If it's a financial disaster, it's probably a one off.

If it's a success, there may be more.

Generally how it works.

#559 1 year ago

I like that there are more pinball design studios that exist to partner with established manufacturers instead of everyone trying to do everything in house. It's a good trend for the industry

#560 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My point wasn't to compare Beatles unfavorably to this or vice versa, just to point out that it's a similar style game that is cheaper, relatively, than that game was.
For $8K this seems like the best NIB value to me (sorry CJ) besides a Stern Pro. But I guess that depends on what you think of AP's offerings.
You also don't lose anything I'd care about by going Pro vs LE on this, though I know the topper fanatics would disagree.

You lose the Bad Mother Flipper name! (and wallet). That was enough for me, and the topper helped too

#561 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I believe every prototype machine that's been put together (including the one in the video and the one in my basement) are silk screened. CGC does this in house so it's definitely an asset of what they bring to the table in our partnership.

Thanks Josh, just looked closely (thanks for uploading that trailer in 4K!) and I can see it now. I thought I had noticed some of the UV process artifacting before but I was mistaken.

That's very cool. Seriously, you should be promoting that more on your website, it's a real feature in today's age.

If anyone doesn't understand why this will look better and how a silk screen playfield differs from a UV-printed one I'd be happy to nerd out on it later.

#562 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Is the cabinet silk screen too or is it a decal?

#563 1 year ago

This pin next to GnRLE, and finally my interior designer wife cannot complain...This is the coolest looking pin ever, next to GnRLE...Wowzers

F'n set piece if I've ever seen one

#564 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Is the cabinet silk screen too or is it a decal?

He said decal in the other thread.

#565 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

He said decal in the other thread.

There's another thread?

#566 1 year ago

Game features video:

#567 1 year ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Game features video:

Is there going to be some gameplay streaming?
I am not a fan of 70-80s layouts so this is maybe not for me, however, if it shoots fast and the code is fun it might still be a good pin….

#568 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Is there going to be some gameplay streaming?
I am not a fan of 70-80s layouts so this is maybe not for me, however, if it shoots fast and the code is fun it might still be a good pin….

From the SDTM video looks of it I don't think it shoots fast, but I guess it depends on what you are comparing it to. It looks like it shoots more like a Xenon but with 3 balls.

#569 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

From the SDTM video looks of it I don't think it shoots fast, but I guess it depends on what you are comparing it to. It looks like it shoots more like a Xenon but with 3 balls.

I’m curious of the incline angle in the video we saw. Seemed at times floaty, and would love to see game play with the incline increased a bit.

#570 1 year ago

I think LE's are indeed pretty much gone on this already. Guess we'll see what happens with it.

#571 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think LE's are indeed pretty much gone on this already. Guess we'll see what happens with it.

I'm not a topper guy, but the LE topper is sick. The Vintage Speaker grill is also sweet. Then add other goodies (shaker, blades, custom sculpted wallet/plague, promo banner) and it's clear they priced the LE fairly. That's why it sold so quickly.

#572 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm not a topper guy, but the LE topper is sick. The Vintage Speaker grill is also sweet. Then add other goodies (shaker, blades, custom sculpted wallet/plague, promo banner) and it's clear they priced the LE fairly. That's why it sold so quickly.

Yeah I like the simple choice they put forward. You happy with the game and everything in it? $8K.

You want a topper, and this other limited schwag that's clearly listed? An extra $1500.

Keepin it simple and not stripping out ANY playfield features.

I'd be happy saving the 1500 clams myself but I know you guys can't help yourselves!

#573 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It’s the first game I’m not all over the LE just because other than the topper there’s absolutely nothing to it. Even on CCr other than the topper, the wooden apron is unique in the sense that it most probably will never be available otherwise. On Pulp, the topper is awesome and unique, but I somehow feel the game’s retro look is better looking without one, as they were back in the day. No doubt for 1500 bucks the LE is the best deal/value for money of the two, but the must-buy-now-or-else fomo for an LE just doesn’t exist for me in this case, and I like that a lot if the coin door was an LE only feature, it may have made that difference and I’m thankful this isn’t the case.

#574 1 year ago

Dream theme. Ritchie is a bad ass mfr!

#575 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

It’s the first game I’m not all over the LE just because other than the topper there’s absolutely nothing to it. Even on CCr other than the topper, the wooden apron is unique in the sense that it most probably will never be available otherwise. On Pulp, the topper is awesome and unique, but I somehow feel the game’s retro look is better looking without one, as they were back in the day. No doubt for 1500 bucks the LE is the best deal/value for money of the two, but the must-buy-now-or-else fomo for an LE just doesn’t exist for me in this case, and I like that a lot if the coin door was an LE only feature, it may have made that difference and I’m thankful this isn’t the case.

This is what I hate about the way companies release games. We barely knew anything, but if we want the high end option we have to go in blind. I am not in a hurry if all we can get is the low end version which makes the choice easier. I can wait on FF and PF and see what GTF has to offer.

#576 1 year ago

Ok, I feel the hate. No more input from me on this subject and haters blocked/ignored.

#577 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

So tempted to build this virtually for myself, but I won't

Thanks for the update

#578 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Thanks for the update

Yep. Truly riveting stuff.

#579 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

So tempted to build this virtually for myself

IWannaBragAboutMyVPSkills (resized).jpgIWannaBragAboutMyVPSkills (resized).jpg

#580 1 year ago

Beyond in! Waiting till fall will be tough.

#581 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I like the simple choice they put forward. You happy with the game and everything in it? $8K.
You want a topper, and this other limited schwag that's clearly listed? An extra $1500.
Keepin it simple and not stripping out ANY playfield features.
I'd be happy saving the 1500 clams myself but I know you guys can't help yourselves!

So true...FOMO made me get the topper version...Both look awesome.

#582 1 year ago

Okay so maybe I stand corrected...something funny going on with the LE distributions. I don't think everyone has their allotments yet.

Also yes, I'm leaning toward the LE because that topper..and I'm not a topper person usually, but they've grown on me.

#583 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yep. Truly riveting stuff.

the dudes a legend and builds some amazing stuff. Don’t knock virtual, it’s a great way to learn the rules or see if you want the real pin, especially virtual and VR.

#584 1 year ago

Fomo was dead 48 ago and now the le is sold out.
Fomo is alive so it resucitated?
Fomo the new messiah!!

#585 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

the dudes a legend and builds some amazing stuff. Don’t knock virtual, it’s a great way to learn the rules or see if you want the real pin, especially virtual and VR.

Actually he's an obnoxious thin skinned self-centered dbag with delusions of grandeur who sends out hatemail like it's his job. But who's keeping track?

(and "virtual" sucks ass)

#586 1 year ago

Lol SLAMT1LT ignored me and then PM'd me "Go to hell, dweeb. I make pinball games you can only have wet dreams about.".

Dude plays on his computer all day and can't take the criticism every time he "S's his own D" here which is an hourly occurrence at this rate.

Spine like a wet noodle.

#587 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Ok, I feel the hate. .

Seriously, it's about fucking time.

It's not like we've been subtle!!!

#589 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Actually he's an obnoxious thin skinned self-centered dbag with delusions of grandeur who sends out hatemail like it's his job. But who's keeping track?
(and "virtual" sucks ass)

Sounds familiar, also quoting this because reasons. And?

#590 1 year ago

I thought the conspiracy rumors were just paranoid fluff...apparently not.

#591 1 year ago

Ah seeing the thread back to fighting instead of happiness for Pulp Fiction. I was starting to wonder if I was even on Pinside

#592 1 year ago

The guy said Stern should save money by firing Keith Elwin and replacing him with a college intern, it's not possible for him to write anything funnier than that, so I quit while I was ahead. You should too!

Back to the game, can we talk some more about how cool this is? What was the last new game, not a repro, that was done with a silkscreened playfield? Because I have no idea.

Silkscreen (resized).pngSilkscreen (resized).png

#593 1 year ago

okuuur, er’body be cooool.

#594 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The guy said Stern should save money by firing Keith Elwin and replacing him with a college intern, it's not possible for him to write anything funnier than that, so I quit while I was ahead. You should too!
Back to the game, can we talk some more about how cool this is? What was the last new game, not a repro, that was done with a silkscreened playfield? Because I have no idea.
[quoted image]

Arts growing on you..... isn't it

#595 1 year ago

Aurich "What was the last new game, not a repro, that was done with a silkscreened playfield?"

Maybe AP's Hot Wheels? I don't know who makes their playfields (but I suspect it's CGC)

#596 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Maybe AP's Hot Wheels? I don't know who makes their playfields (but I suspect it's CGC)

Bader

#597 1 year ago

W00T, Just got my email securing a spot for PFLE. This will be the first NIB machine that will enter the house and all it took was showing the wife the teaser video to which she replied "We can only get it if we get it with that Bad Mother F'n topper!".

#598 1 year ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Ah seeing the thread back to fighting instead of happiness for Pulp Fiction. I was starting to wonder if I was even on Pinside

"Be cool Honey Bunny, be cool!"

#599 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I don't know who makes their playfields (but I suspect it's CGC)

Bader makes AP's PF's and they are not silkscreened

#600 1 year ago

The only thing that bothers me is that the case almost completely covers Vincent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 866 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pulp-fiction-/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.