76D5FED2-1EAF-40B6-AA1F-475AA7F7FFE0 (resized).jpeg
B8A58061-29BB-4F00-A5A7-6D96D6DEC458 (resized).png
DA98C685-CE95-486A-B82D-38B71A10C9B1 (resized).jpeg
2E97ADBC-7BD4-46BE-AAB1-DD114560F474 (resized).jpeg
B057B597-04A8-4676-9492-4BD4E656C810 (resized).jpeg
6A9E4F11-AC22-4A64-98C2-1EFB29B537DD (resized).jpeg
562C360B-A4F5-4186-89D1-52022A747F3D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 866 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.
#501 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Game looks Awesome.
Mark and team did a stellar job !
With CGC build quality what a winner.
Man, I am not a topper nut,
But wow, that is a super cool topper ![quoted image]

I agree 100%. This is a amazing package.

#502 1 year ago

When do you think we will see some gameplay?

#504 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

On this, I feel like we probably have seen all we need to see? It's probably not terribly deep. Get the multipliers, get the multiballs. But it does say it has 3 mini wizards and a final wizard. Would rather not see those ahead of time.

#506 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

On this, I feel like we probably have seen all we need to see? It's probably not terribly deep. Get the multipliers, get the multiballs. But it does say it has 3 mini wizards and a final wizard. Would rather not see those ahead of time.

A gameplay video would provide useful information on how well the music, vocals and topper activity are integrated with the pinball action.

#507 1 year ago

Pulp Fiction Pinball Featurette

Play Mechanix Pinball reveals Pulp Fiction Pinball in collaboration with New Line Cinema and Chicago Gaming Company

Take a deeper look inside Pulp Fiction Pinball with the game creators, as they discuss working with the film studio and Quentin Tarantino's vision of the game. The development team also talks about embarking on their new endeavor into pinball, game features, player objectives, finer details of the machine, and bringing the new, while embracing the nostalgia and feel of vintage/retro. This new pinball machine embraces the very essence of Pulp Fiction while bringing you an experience unlike anything you've ever seen or heard before.

WARNING: ADULT LANGUAGE, ADULT CONTENT, VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED

#508 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Apparently soon. It has lots of elements of taxi in it. Super sweet rules set!

#509 1 year ago

Uh oh.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#510 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Uh oh.[quoted image]

Save the Ice Cream !!!

#511 1 year ago

I thought they left it out...but here we are.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#513 1 year ago

Love the game, hate the price. Definitely want to play this though and hope it changes my mind.

#514 1 year ago

Looks pretty cool

Just stupid price but I guess that’s sign
Of the time

Gameplay will decide for me

#515 1 year ago

Bizarre…..I keep forgetting that Play Mechanix is in the building right next to my building where my company is. So happy for these guys….this machine looks amazing. Small world. I’ll put it next to my Fish Tales in my office.
Great job to the guys at Play Mechanix!

#516 1 year ago

Looks like LE ‘s are sold out

#517 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Love the game, hate the price. Definitely want to play this though and hope it changes my mind.

Amen. Hoping to buy one down the road for less. I’d be happy around 6k I think.

#518 1 year ago

Well, looks like this game is going to push my retirement back another 6 months .
This is a must-have for me.
I think almost everyone is going love the unique approach that was taken on this title.

#519 1 year ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Looks like LE ‘s are sold out

There's one currently in the marketplace and I'm sure you didn't call all stateside CGC distributors to confirm that.

#520 1 year ago

Did not take long and I read through all the rules. It sounds like some fun for sure and the modern twists are great. The art package holds and presents the theme and the license very well. I completely disagree with Aurich opinion here. Not sure you have even watched Pulp Fiction with what you wrote. One look and it really IS the movie.

However since QT paid them to make this machine I don’t understand why they have to charge pinball enthusiasts so much to own one. It’s way overpriced IMO. For the same price as a Stern premium, those that love modern games (myself) I can’t see getting that excited to play this again and again.

Will being 3 letters short of spelling pulp fiction make me have to play again to hit the targets 60 more times to spell the rest? Will getting 3 characters give me the one more game feeling that I have to hit the saucer 2 more times and collect two more characters? First thought is NO.

I guess time will tell. For advanced players I see long games throwing the balls up top to bounce around the pops and the rest in the saucer while keying in on the shots to make. And likely to finish the game (and grand achievement of doubling your score if you do) will not be that difficult once you have the shots and the time.

Give me one weekend with it and for sure I would have it done. I don’t see any real punishing shots and just a small bump the outlanes seem inconsequential. Plus narrow flipper gap AND a centre post? Oh man better set that tilt TIGHT! No wonder the featurette he mentions his 3 year old (or was it 6?) plays it again and again. Haha.

All that said I would be lying if I said I can’t wait to play it for an hour and let the game totally change my mind.

#521 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

There's one currently in the marketplace and I'm sure you didn't call all stateside CGC distributors to confirm that.

I checked 3 distributors
All listed as sold out

#522 1 year ago
Quoted from rvdv:

I checked 3 distributors
All listed as sold out

Well the good news is there's over 40 distributors left to check with.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/distributors/23

#523 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Did not take long and I read through all the rules. It sounds like some fun for sure and the modern twists are great. The art package holds and presents the theme and the license very well. I completely disagree with Aurich opinion here. Not sure you have even watched Pulp Fiction with what you wrote. One look and it really IS the movie.
However since QT paid them to make this machine I don’t understand why they have to charge pinball enthusiasts so much to own one. It’s way overpriced IMO. For the same price as a Stern premium, those that love modern games (myself) I can’t see getting that excited to play this again and again.
Will being 3 letters short of spelling pulp fiction make me have to play again to hit the targets 60 more times to spell the rest? Will getting 3 characters give me the one more game feeling that I have to hit the saucer 2 more times and collect two more characters? First thought is NO.
I guess time will tell. For advanced players I see long games throwing the balls up top to bounce around the pops and the rest in the saucer while keying in on the shots to make. And likely to finish the game (and grand achievement of doubling your score if you do) will not be that difficult once you have the shots and the time.
Give me one weekend with it and for sure I would have it done. I don’t see any real punishing shots and just a small bump the outlanes seem inconsequential. Plus narrow flipper gap AND a centre post? Oh man better set that tilt TIGHT! No wonder the featurette he mentions his 3 year old (or was it 6?) plays it again and again. Haha.
All that said I would be lying if I said I can’t wait to play it for an hour and let the game totally change my mind.

I think you are way off. It sounds like this machine is quite hard according to the dude who coded it. Also sounds like it comes with a plug if you want to remove the center flipper post.

#524 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Well the good news is there's over 40 distributors left to check with.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/distributors/23

#525 1 year ago

They had me at...I'm a mushroom cloud laying mother fucker, mother fucker.

#526 1 year ago

Still waiting for Planetary Pinball to return my email for reservation of an LE.

#527 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

The price really isn't that bad. It's the same as Beatles was 4 years ago, which makes it a good bit cheaper when you factor in inflation and rising pin prices.

It's a premium over a Stern Pro price for something out of the ordinary, and at this point, a total one-off. So it's pretty interesting. It certainly sets itself apart from all the other machines announced this week. Even more than the one that turns into a tank I think.

#528 1 year ago

Seems to have twice the code of Beatles too. Way more theme integration too. Beatles has an LCD screen, but it’s mostly wasted.

#529 1 year ago

Hey I'm not here to trash Beatles I like that game!

AND SO DO YOU!!!

#530 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey I'm not here to trash Beatles I like that game!
AND SO DO YOU!!!

In my basement right now. I still can’t believe there are no ramps on it. Fucking blows.

#531 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I completely disagree with Aurich opinion here. Not sure you have even watched Pulp Fiction with what you wrote. One look and it really IS the movie.

I spent my highschool years with my friends wearing out VHS tapes of Tarantino films (and True Romance, which we considered an honorary addition even though he didn't direct it). We watched one nearly every weekend. We probably knew Reservoir Dogs by heart before Pulp Fiction was even out.

(Random fact, we live in the city QT grew up in after leaving Tennessee. Before that we were in Redondo Beach, where my wife still works, aka "the sticks" the Wolf tells Vincent to move out of lol.)

It's precisely because I'm such a fan that I was hoping for art that represented the tone of the film more. People who've never seen the movie know the dancing scene, it's fine that it's there, but that's not "one look and it's the movie" any more than your one look makes you think the gameplay is easy.

I'll trust Josh Sharpe that it's not, he's twice the player I'll ever be, if I practiced regularly, which I don't.

My initial disappointment is tempering with time some. Finished the SDTM featurette, loved everything the team said that wasn't art-related. Very much looking forward to playing it. Don't care about the LE, so maybe I'll fall in love when I get my hands on it and can consider buying the SE then.

#532 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

They had me at...I'm a mushroom cloud laying mother fucker, mother fucker.

Ha ha, that was the exact moment I committed to buying as well!

#533 1 year ago

Deposit in on the LE. Absolutely pumped for this title!

#534 1 year ago

Topper too cool, had to GIF it.
PF Tops.gifPF Tops.gif

#535 1 year ago

Just imagine pressing start button and ving rhames says......

-ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

#536 1 year ago

Deposit paid on LE- hopefully my Distributor has enough of them allotted

#537 1 year ago

At first I was like "What, no screen?", but then I watched the SDTM video and saw the passion of the people behind the project, and I gotta say this thing looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun, even without a screen. I guess I kinda forgot how much fun I had back in the 80's with classic Ballys, Williams system 9-11's, and such (no screens there). Back then the game was all on the playfield, and it worked well.

I'm looking forward to putting some time on this. Congrats to those who are in on it.

#538 1 year ago

Pulp Fiction is one of my favorite movies of all -time. I like the old school feel of this and the layout. My main question will be "how does it shoot?"....but just behind that, my concern will be if I order it now, will have have to wait 2+ years like those who bought CCr are doing??

#539 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Pulp Fiction is one of my favorite movies of all -time. I like the old school feel of this and the layout. My main question will be "how does it shoot?"....but just behind that, my concern will be if I order it now, will have have to wait 2+ years like those who bought CCr are doing??

That’s my 2 main concerns/questions also + How many CCR’s do they still have to do?

#540 1 year ago

Well I said I needed some gameplay with sound etc to fully appreciate what is going on here. Listened to the video made by SDTM (which was very well done) and SOB - I’m in for an LE.

Love the passion, love David’s involvement, best topper I’ve seen concerning how they essentially use it in gameplay as it’s coordinated with the modes and seems to kick them off and that cool moment with the moving briefcase, lights and coordinated so well. Magnet action looks pretty good and most importantly it seems they have all the call outs. Josh describing how David’s effects and sound make the shots mean something really got my attention….. and I get it - David is BY FAR the best audio in the business and a welcome change to the JJP slot sounds.

Josh’s comments on how code has gone overboard with multipliers and other nonsense also resonated yet he still wanted it to be complex and the icing on the cake was that it took him a year or so to get to the wizard mode (and how he described that happening was very modern as far as what you need to do). They all came across as very genuine in that video but Josh really drove it home for me. Well done.

Theme integration seems top notch and I do believe companies sometimes rely too much on that LCD screen and miss things elsewhere - godfather perfect example of this, with those horrible call outs and lack of integration to the movie it’s based on. I still don’t know how I’ll feel with nothing - little concerning no lcd or dmd either, but it’s something I’ll just need to experience at home and report back.

To price it under 10k made me feel a little better but it’s still about 2k more than I think it should be. This is pinball now and it’s not as bad as 15k CEs so instead of being the old man yelling at a cloud you either jump in or not but NIB again. From what I’ve seen and the passion that is clearly there with an iconic theme that will stand out in a line up due to its uniqueness (at least in my dmd lcd only lineup) I’m (barely) ok paying that premium.

And I’m buying now bc I do think the LE actually might sell out. Theme is such a monster and this old school meets new school will likely resonate well. Could be wrong but I wasn’t chancing it and I need that topper!

#541 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRob:

That’s my 2 main concerns/questions also + How many CCR’s do they still have to do?

Best guess is around 900 LE and over 1,000 SE+

#542 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Only around 700 LE to go, and wild guess around the same number of SE and SE+ so 1400 or so machines at around 40 or so per week.

Unless they can jump the line,
PF closer to end of this year is my guess.

Worth the wait,

Hell yeah !

#543 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Best guess is around 900 LE and over 1,000 SE+

And the want to start PF in Q3 or 4, hmmm

#544 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I guess I kinda forgot how much fun I had back in the 80's with classic Ballys, Williams system 9-11's, and such (no screens there). Back then the game was all on the playfield, and it worked well.

Hoping for more of this.

#545 1 year ago

I don’t understand the art complaints. Look at your beloved games from the alpha numeric era…. They look exactly like this.

Tarantino understands his own aesthetic.

So who’s left to be disappointed? The pinsiders who consider jackalope taxidermy and miller lite neon signage “interior decoration”?

My only disappointment is that the playfield isn’t screen printed, but as a former screen printer, I understand why the industry has moved on from it.

#546 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

I don’t understand the art complaints. Look at your beloved games from the alpha numeric era…. They look exactly like this.
Tarantino understands his own aesthetic.
So who’s left to be disappointed? The pinsiders who consider jackalope taxidermy and miller lite neon signage “interior decoration”?
My only disappointment is that the playfield isn’t screen printed, but as a former screen printer, I understand why the industry has moved on from it.

I noticed that even though it (probably) isn't silk screened, they tried to replicate a silk screen like art look with how it does shading and gradients. Similar to how they approached the cabinet with a stencil like design.

#547 1 year ago

My only wish is that the watch actually worked.

Using the credit display window for a timer is a good use of that display, but that clock is begging for some sort of mod to make it actually count down with the the timer. (And I like the cute detail of putting Ritchies name on the watch)

#548 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well I said I needed some gameplay with sound etc to fully appreciate what is going on here. Listened to the video made by SDTM (which was very well done) and SOB - I’m in for an LE.
Love the passion, love David’s involvement, best topper I’ve seen concerning how they essentially use it in gameplay as it’s coordinated with the modes and seems to kick them off and that cool moment with the moving briefcase, lights and coordinated so well. Magnet action looks pretty good and most importantly it seems they have all the call outs. Josh describing how David’s effects and sound make the shots mean something really got my attention….. and I get it - David is BY FAR the best audio in the business and a welcome change to the JJP slot sounds.
Josh’s comments on how code has gone overboard with multipliers and other nonsense also resonated yet he still wanted it to be complex and the icing on the cake was that it took him a year or so to get to the wizard mode (and how he described that happening was very modern as far as what you need to do). They all came across as very genuine in that video but Josh really drove it home for me. Well done.
Theme integration seems top notch and I do believe companies sometimes rely too much on that LCD screen and miss things elsewhere - godfather perfect example of this, with those horrible call outs and lack of integration to the movie it’s based on. I still don’t know how I’ll feel with nothing - little concerning no lcd or dmd either, but it’s something I’ll just need to experience at home and report back.
To price it under 10k made me feel a little better but it’s still about 2k more than I think it should be. This is pinball now and it’s not as bad as 15k CEs so instead of being the old man yelling at a cloud you either jump in or not but NIB again. From what I’ve seen and the passion that is clearly there with an iconic theme that will stand out in a line up due to its uniqueness (at least in my dmd lcd only lineup) I’m (barely) ok paying that premium.
And I’m buying now bc I do think the LE actually might sell out. Theme is such a monster and this old school meets new school will likely resonate well. Could be wrong but I wasn’t chancing it and I need that topper!

100 % agree! This game transports me back to my childhood. When the world finds out about this release I think the LEs will skyrocket.

#549 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

My only disappointment is that the playfield isn’t screen printed

The playfield is currently being screen printed for production. That may change sometime in the future as digital options hit a level of quality that CGC is happy with, but that time is 'not yet'.

#550 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

The playfield is currently being screen printed for production. That may change sometime in the future as digital options hit a level of quality that CGC is happy with, but that time is 'not yet'.

You’re the man! This game looks amazing. Thank you for bringing such a unique experience to the pinball world! Congratulations to the entire team.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Frisco, TX
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Trade
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 866 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pulp-fiction-/page/11?hl=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.