76D5FED2-1EAF-40B6-AA1F-475AA7F7FFE0 (resized).jpeg
B8A58061-29BB-4F00-A5A7-6D96D6DEC458 (resized).png
DA98C685-CE95-486A-B82D-38B71A10C9B1 (resized).jpeg
2E97ADBC-7BD4-46BE-AAB1-DD114560F474 (resized).jpeg
B057B597-04A8-4676-9492-4BD4E656C810 (resized).jpeg
6A9E4F11-AC22-4A64-98C2-1EFB29B537DD (resized).jpeg
562C360B-A4F5-4186-89D1-52022A747F3D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 865 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.
#451 1 year ago

man these pinball machines. Just like godfather I was like this is an easy pass what a ridiculous movie.
But nope, had to put my cash down

Im stupid.

#452 1 year ago

modders are gonna have a field day

#453 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

man these pinball machines. Just like godfather I was like this is an easy pass what a ridiculous movie.
Im stupid.

I'm so thankful that I never tried heroin.

#454 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Let’s see here… you versus Tarantino…
I’m going with QT. No offense, of course.

I don't really believe in appeals to authority. Creators are perfectly capable of fucking up when it comes to revisiting their own creations. The poster child for this is George Lucas. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, it doesn't mean I have to agree with the choices he made later for the films.

I think you should form your own opinion, there is no "right" answer. Tarantino apparently got what he was looking for, and if people like it and can stomach the price they should buy it. I'm rooting for this game to succeed.

But just because I want a single level, retro numeric style game to do well in principle isn't going to make me say I like how it looks. If this it QT's vision then I'll just go with saying he doesn't understand the kind of pinball this era evokes for me in a way I see as authentic.

Had this pin been done differently I might be considering buying one. As it is I won't get enough pleasure from it as an object to justify the enormous cost. That's the right answer for me. Hope QT enjoys his.

#456 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Im stupid.

No chance you are stupid. Pinball is an awesome hobby, great decisions I think.

#457 1 year ago

Fire up the hot glue gun! I already have the dolls that I’ll be gluing to the playfield
5B89AAB1-09D7-4D85-B036-1080963DE8CC (resized).jpeg5B89AAB1-09D7-4D85-B036-1080963DE8CC (resized).jpeg
So excited for this game!

#458 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't really believe in appeals to authority. Creators are perfectly capable of fucking up when it comes to revisiting their own creations. The poster child for this is George Lucas. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, it doesn't mean I have to agree with the choices he made later for the films.
I think you should form your own opinion, there is no "right" answer. Tarantino apparently got what he was looking for, and if people like it and can stomach the price they should buy it. I'm rooting for this game to succeed.
But just because I want a single level, retro numeric style game to do well in principle isn't going to make me say I like how it looks. If this it QT's vision then I'll just go with saying he doesn't understand the kind of pinball this era evokes for me in a way I see as authentic.
Had this pin been done differently I might be considering buying one. As it is I won't get enough pleasure from it as an object to justify the enormous cost. That's the right answer for me. Hope QT enjoys his.

I think you might be giving QT too much credit for influencing the design direction of this pinball machine.

#459 1 year ago

So is SE the lowest model? How is it special if there's nothing below it? I know it's all just semantics, but I wish they'd name these something that makes sense at first glance.

#460 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The biggest newb mistake is making judgement calls based on some pictures. You should know that.

How can you even comment on vision and presentation until you’ve seen the entire game - as intended - with your own eyes? Lights, sound, art, shaker… they all fuse together to make the game.

Did you come up with your Star Wars opinions by looking at few still photos and a 2 min trailer? I hope not…

#461 1 year ago

So how does it shoot? When do we get to see more?
When is the delivery?

#462 1 year ago

In! And it’s been a while for me, the theme is just too irresistible, however with that said, I hope we can get ‘Let’s stay together’ by Al Green by production or we can all find a way to include it in the game somewhere after even if in attract mode or game over credits.

#463 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think you might be giving QT too much credit for influencing the design direction of this pinball machine.

number of images on machine:
QT = 2
Marcellus = 0
Largest character image on playfield = QT

#465 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

So how does it shoot? When do we get to see more?
When is the delivery?

For the shot,i suggest you the rules manual:
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/brochures/Pulp_Fiction_Pinball_Rules_Manual.pdf

#466 1 year ago

It’s not. But it’s Pulp Fiction.

#467 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Just going by their own text: "Tarantino’s continued involvement throughout the project shaped the final game."

Quoted from 27dnast:

The biggest newb mistake is making judgement calls based on some pictures. You should know that.

I'm making a judgement call on the art. All I need for that is some pictures. I find the backglass and playfield art choices off putting.

I hope the gameplay is fun, I want to flip it. It's way too early to tell. But it's not too early for me to say that based on the looks I'm not willing to spend $8,000 and a slot in my space for it. That's too much money for something I don't truly love.

#468 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just going by their own text: "Tarantino’s continued involvement throughout the project shaped the final game."

I'm making a judgement call on the art. All I need for that is some pictures. I find the backglass and playfield art choices off putting.
I hope the gameplay is fun, I want to flip it. It's way too early to tell. But it's not too early for me to say that based on the looks I'm not willing to spend $8,000 and a slot in my space for it. That's too much money for something I don't truly love.

You need to see it in person

#469 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

It's a Royale with Cheese damnit!

Which is only mentioned in the movie, never shown or eaten. The sculpt should be a Big Kahuna Burger. “Mmm-mmmm. That is a tasty burger. Vincent, ever have a Big Kahuna Burger?”

#470 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You need to see it in person

Nothing about seeing it in person will change the primary color Data East-looking playfield, the giant hamburger-with-a-bite sculpt, or tween-comic-book art style into something I find appealing to represent the film in my house.

They put a fake halftone gradient and a bunch of new strokes on the backglass logo ffs. Why? The characters look like action figures. On Foo Fighters that's fine, they are actually action figures! Here it's just stiff. There are word bubbles coming out of the main characters in case you weren't beaten over the head with the comic book aesthetic hard enough.

The trailers were great, that first teaser with the briefcase graphic really got me excited, but somehow they ended up with a disconnect between them and the actual physical product. I'm honestly bitterly disappointed, I thought maybe this might be the game to bring me back to buying a new pin.

Let it go. I don't like the art, it's not your job to change my mind.

#471 1 year ago

ok let's move on from the art attack debate...

when is this supposedly being shipped?

#472 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nothing about seeing it in person will change the primary color Data East-looking playfield, the giant hamburger-with-a-bite sculpt, or tween-comic-book art style into something I find appealing to represent the film in my house.
They put a fake halftone gradient and a bunch of new strokes on the backglass logo ffs. Why? The characters look like action figures. On Foo Fighters that's fine, they are actually action figures! Here it's just stiff. There are word bubbles coming out of the main characters in case you weren't beaten over the head with the comic book aesthetic hard enough.
The trailers were great, that first teaser with the briefcase graphic really got me excited, but somehow they ended up with a disconnect between them and the actual physical product. I'm honestly bitterly disappointed, I thought maybe this might be the game to bring me back to buying a new pin.

I don't think so at all. That was the entire point. Don't imagine it is for everyone, but I think they nailed the aesthetic they were going for which is basically comic book ish. Given what you do, I think sometimes you need to remove your viewpoint of "i would have done it this way" or you are rarely going to be satisfied. Now....is it worth what they are asking? Really hard to say and I do think this will be a tough sell due to the throwback design.

#473 1 year ago

Looks fun. But all pinball is fun. Will it last at home after a month or 2? Probably not in mine. Could I recoup most of my 8k after I’m tired of it? Probably not. Can’t wait to play it. Probably won’t buy it.

#474 1 year ago

Looks killer !! Nice to see a throwback pin priced right

#475 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Could I recoup most of my 8k after I’m tired of it? Probably not.

I recommend looking up the definition of "most."

#476 1 year ago

If this is what you get for under 10k by ditching a LCD , then sign me the fuck up ! Well, at least for a spot or two anyway .In all honesty , it is just unreal what’s going on in pinball right now .I’m going to watch the trailer a dozen times now .

#477 1 year ago

The more I watch the video the more I like it. I love the backglass and going back to the digital displays and and actual shooter rod. I just don't love the price...doh.

#478 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The more I watch the video the more I like it. I love the backglass and going back to the digital displays and and actual shooter rod. I just don't love the price...doh.

What’s the standard price ?

#479 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

What’s the standard price ?

$8k

#480 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Everything changes when you see these games in person. They are 3D objects with art on them.

Whatever tho. This is not the first time people will cry in their soup when they see pictures of a game. Right?

#481 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Could I recoup most of my 8k after I’m tired of it? Probably not.

Well, I'd rather take the risk of how much of this $8K I'd recoup, given the choice to sell, as compared to asking the same thing about a Bond 60th anniversary edition at $20K (or even $15K).

#482 1 year ago

I love it!

#483 1 year ago

.. enough to 1) comment on it. 2) play one on location 3) talk neighbor into getting one or 4) buy one.

#485 1 year ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Which is only mentioned in the movie, never shown or eaten. The sculpt should be a Big Kahuna Burger. “Mmm-mmmm. That is a tasty burger. Vincent, ever have a Big Kahuna Burger?”

Some modder will make a Big Kahuna fast food bag I bet!

#486 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I recommend looking up the definition of "most."

You are correct I could prob sell it for $4001 and then come on here and say I got most of my money back. I don’t see $3999 worth of fun to take a bath in it.

#487 1 year ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

Well, I'd rather take the risk of how much of this $8K I'd recoup, given the choice to sell, as compared to asking the same thing about a Bond 60th anniversary edition at $20K (or even $15K).

Would never pay that much for that game either.

#488 1 year ago

C'mon folks. That's not a royale with cheese, it's a Big Kahuna burger.... and I believe Vincent reading on the throne would have been a better choice.

#489 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Fire up the hot glue gun! I already have the dolls that I’ll be gluing to the playfield
[quoted image]
So excited for this game!

I gotta stab her three times?

#490 1 year ago

Depends,
Do you see a sign on the front lawn that says…
lol

Quoted from Mcgringoloco:

I gotta stab her three times?

#491 1 year ago

I think this game looks great and has plenty going on. So I think I'm in for it and going the LE route if so as the topper and shaker etc will add to it

#492 1 year ago

I came across this, and thought I had it figured out. Then I re-read and can’t understand if this agreement means a person who has an unshipped CCr LE can move his order over to this title, or would have to eventually buy both and this is just to save a spot without putting down the full $2000 for PF, so in total these customers only have 1 grand on each as a deposit and CGC is happy. ?

055EB563-40C4-413B-8084-88E598D85883 (resized).jpeg055EB563-40C4-413B-8084-88E598D85883 (resized).jpeg
#493 1 year ago

distros are going to need to clarify. I can't tell for sure either.

Also, what's the deal with CC? Are they having trouble getting a specific part for that game? They aren't anywhere near done with the run correct?

#494 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

I came across this, and thought I had it figured out. Then I re-read and can’t understand if this agreement means a person who has an unshipped CCr LE can move his order over to this title, or would have to eventually buy both and this is just to save a spot without putting down the full $2000 for PF, so in total these customers only have 1 grand on each as a deposit and CGC is happy. ?
[quoted image]

I believe if a person has a deposit for CCr and has not received the game they can use this form to not have to have another 1K deposit for PF. Once the CCr ships they will have to put/transfer a deposit down for PF. So trying not to piss people off with the delays charging another deposit.

#495 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

I believe if a person has a deposit for CCr and has not received the game they can use this form to not have to have another 1K deposit for PF. Once the CCr ships they will have to put/transfer a deposit down for PF. So trying not to piss people off with the delays charging another deposit.

Yup. I read it the same way.

#496 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

distros are going to need to clarify. I can't tell for sure either.
Also, what's the deal with CC? Are they having trouble getting a specific part for that game? They aren't anywhere near done with the run correct?

Noooowhere… ask me how I know

#497 1 year ago

In for a SE, a no brainer for me. Looks like an absolutely amazing blend of EM, SS w/ modern touches made by an amazing team. That being said, I don’t love the price (obviously) and as cool as the topper was I couldn’t justify the extra cost. I’m certain this will kill at my locations so it’ll slowly pay for itself making the cost feel more palatable.

#498 1 year ago

#499 1 year ago

I don't know, it is probably not intended, but next to last paragraph states..."when CC is ready to ship to pay entire purchase price (exclusive of deposit) at which time $1000 deposit will be transferred to PF".

It seems you get 1000 dollars off CC because you pay full price minus deposit due to phrasing of "exclusive of deposit"

I'm sure that is not intended, but is how that contract reads to me.

It does look like that is committing to buying both machines.

#500 1 year ago

Game looks Awesome.

Mark and team did a stellar job !

With CGC build quality what a winner.

Man, I am not a topper nut,

But wow, that is a super cool topper !

top.JPGtop.JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Wanted
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Wanted
There are 865 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pulp-fiction-/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.