Topic Stats

• 1,559 posts
  • 240 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by ataritoday
  • Topic is favorited by 130 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 196 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

73e88997f61c990ac6bab5468d83bcef8b303cab (resized).png
IMG-9504 (resized).JPG
IMG_5099 (resized).JPG
IMG_5100 (resized).JPG
624FDB9C-BB85-45EA-B810-BCF205E7E28D (resized).jpeg
93A09089-DC9E-4FFC-9E6A-1AA5B564D06F (resized).jpeg
IMG_0050 (resized).jpg
IMG_0964 (resized).JPG
IMG_0963 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #392 Report of AFMR SE delivery! Posted by sandersj (2 years ago)

Post #431 Update from CGC on latest shipping, and details on packaging changes Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #522 Nifty LED information on cool white LED's for AFMR Posted by NiftyLED (2 years ago)

Post #613 Update from Doug on AFMR build status. LE's now in production. Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #711 Production update Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #777 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #820 AFM LE delivered! Posted by kidchrisso (2 years ago)

Post #1157 September 1st Update from CGC Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #1175 Production update from CGC including game #3 launch targets! Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #1214 Pre-Expo production update from Doug at CGC Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #1348 update from CGC with regard to flipper power settings fix in the works Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 2 years ago

Shipping in May was the word, it's only the 12th, lots of days left to have 1 roll off the line.

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

100 machines before "other" manufacturers even manage to ship 50 and they've been at it for years

I would hope so, the game is 20 years old! The design shouldn't hold them up

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Sure, but a lot of it has to do with getting the assembly line and parts together, and CGC seems to be doing a good job of that.

Probably helps that they are already an existing gaming company as well...apples and oranges.

2 weeks later
#264 2 years ago

Sounds like "Classics" ship last?

#292 2 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Nice update, but I'd love to hear about the schedule for Classics.

Right on...that should be the easiest/fastest to pump out right!?

1 week later
#324 2 years ago

When are the lowly "classic" buyers getting theirs?

#339 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

game looks and plays AMAZING!

Agree. Game felt solid and looked great. Especially if they are coming with a set of cliffy's like CGC mentioned. Fun playing a brand, spanking new AFM.

#362 2 years ago

!!! Guess that front loads them with more cash to keep things running. On the bright side, if there are any issues that need to be resolved the Classics should be rock solid.

#416 2 years ago

Christmas time for the lowly Classics at best?

#428 2 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I don't think i have ever wanted someone to contact me saying I need to give them $8000 before.

What is your email?

#502 2 years ago

cgc_dougs, where do the CE's fit now in this all..?

#505 2 years ago

Xmas might be off the table now

!?^*!&?* Throw a run of 50 in there somewhere...come on! I was hoping to grab one this Fall at least. Is this a ploy to get people to go for the SE's?

#507 2 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

That has been plan all along to build last.. But they are building at a good pace so they might get some CE's off the line before xmas but not likely Fall

Are they going to drop a few extra SE's in your lap just in case people get antsy?

#551 2 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

They are cranking out game! 10 SE's Just hit our dock.

throw in the Super Chexx and I'm sold

2 weeks later
#686 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

I must say I do not have the same experience so far. As a business owner in this industry I understand things happen. We should judge a company based on if a situation presents itself what will they do to make things right. I purchased a brand new MMR last week for my private collection. Inspected the game and now this. The cabinet is splitting on a game that is 7 days old. Please see the pictures attached as well as the serial number and the build date of my game. Both sides are splitting. I also have a AFMRLE that is scheduled to ship out soon however I do not feel that comfortable with the purchase while I still have this not yet rectified. In all fairness I just noticed the splitting today and be it that today is a Sunday I have not had a chance to call CGC directly. I will post there response on this forum. Lets hope they are willing to do the right thing. Lots of potential with this company. I would hate to see them ruin a great thing by not standing behind there products. Time will tell.

Maybe you could open a ticket and THEN cut/paste this in every single CGC related thread with their response? Seems like you're torpedoing them a bit before you've even told them you have an issue

#690 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wouldn't count on CGC to respond to any issues that might arise on this forum. Seems they only use it to sell games.

I would.

#696 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Based on what? All the other times they did? I personally don't remember one.
Their lack of response when someone mentioned the razor sharp side rails and continuing to send them out that way shows me what they are all about.

just trying to have some fun with you. You have a spidey-sense when their is any whiff of a CGC related issue

#705 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It alerted to me and I updated it to Doug Skor at CGC.

Does this count as CGC responding on this forum? I'm trying to keep score for a concerned party

2 weeks later
#854 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Topper still works great.

How many people to install it?

1 week later
#1033 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not sold on the big display until I see it in person. Definitely won't order until I've played one first.

I am in the extreme minority but I didn't think it added that much to the game. The animations look good but I usually don't see them while playing. I wasn't a fan of the score "dots"--they appear to be just giant versions of the MMr color upgrade. Either way, I don't look up enough to see most of it. I am in on a Classic.

Dots (resized).jpg

Dots2 (resized).jpg

#1052 2 years ago

It's priced right in that sweet spot to make you jump to an SE. Wish it was half that.

#1059 2 years ago

Ce 6500 plus ship Se 7300 plus ship

So 6500 turns in to 6900 with color which makes you go hmmm only 400 more and I get Se...I almost talked myself in to it but the only upgrades on Se are different color saucers(?) and XL display and I don't care. Classic with color for 69 is cool with me...this shit gets outta control fast for a man toy

1 week later
#1077 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

When you can just place an order and get one 2 weeks later I'll see how tempted I'm feeling.

If you want an SE you can do that now. Game Exchange gets them in and sends out the word and they ship 'em out. Not sure of current stock.

Classics are at the end of the line. I'm guessing after Christmas

1 week later
#1143 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Video pinball?

If you don't have the video settings correct on your TV, you get latency with pinball arcade...maybe that's the reference?

I played AFMr and I was able to hit shots fine. I'm no pinball wizard but I'm fully confident I would notice if there was any delay in the flipper actuation after pressing the button. If there is some incredibly subtle difference maybe(?!)...still don't see what the fuss would be about. Unless you are so pampered you play superb quality crisp machines 100% of the time, you have to adapt to each individual game. You telling me that routed location games used in tourney's don't have some minor nuances.

2 months later
#1259 2 years ago
Quoted from Whitenoise3000:

There are still AFMRLEs coming down the line right? I still haven't received mine.

I got a call this past Monday that my AFMr Classic had landed. Just 2 of them were shipped to Game Exchange in CO, the other going on the floor. It's the true "LE"!

1 week later
#1283 2 years ago

My Classic...what's wrong with this picture? No love for the Classics

IMG_0963 (resized).JPG

IMG_0964 (resized).JPG

#1293 2 years ago

Well, some say they are basically the same game...

I actually used the MMr manual to figure out how to get in to the CGC menu...so, helped there!

Game is GREAT!! Glad I went with the classic with color--the dot upgrade looks sweet. I don't miss the wide screen or any of the upgrade bling at all. Playing a brand new AFM is all I was shooting for anyway

No issues at all straight out of box.

All I have done is: dialed down the LED's because I am easily blinded apparently. Set the flippers to -2 but I am thinking of going in to -3 which I think was the max decrease if I remember right. Those things are super strong at factory settings. Game plays like lightning. I also doubled up some mylar in a couple spots...they have some from factory but I was paranoid.

Any other recommendations on adjustments other than tearing the game all apart to put cliffy's on?

2 months later
#1379 2 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Wow. That is big news.
I thought something was up because we have ours turned all the way down and still were getting balls flying off the lock return rail.
Had no idea it might fry something though. Glad you guys cautght this and can’t wait for the update.

same here

#1380 2 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

However, we are going to ask that all customers immediately return their software settings to DEFAULT.

You have to individually choose the items to default correct? I see no, "return all to default" or factory settings type thing. So this includes the slings as well if I had those changed from default? Anything else?

#1384 2 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Correct. There’s no global reset that I know of. For safety, turn them all back until you have the new PIC.

I think the only other thing I altered was lighting so no solenoids involved there

4 weeks later
#1453 1 year ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

If I t gives you any grief let me know and I will get you another chip

got mine today, popped it in--5 minute fix....PLUS I now have another chip puller tool!! That's like a $2 value right there

SCORE!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
€ 3.70

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside