Topic Stats

• 1,551 posts
  • 236 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by dzoomer
  • Topic is favorited by 128 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 196 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

73e88997f61c990ac6bab5468d83bcef8b303cab (resized).png
IMG-9504 (resized).JPG
IMG_5099 (resized).JPG
IMG_5100 (resized).JPG
624FDB9C-BB85-45EA-B810-BCF205E7E28D (resized).jpeg
93A09089-DC9E-4FFC-9E6A-1AA5B564D06F (resized).jpeg
IMG_0050 (resized).jpg
IMG_0964 (resized).JPG
IMG_0963 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #392 Report of AFMR SE delivery! Posted by sandersj (2 years ago)

Post #431 Update from CGC on latest shipping, and details on packaging changes Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #522 Nifty LED information on cool white LED's for AFMR Posted by NiftyLED (2 years ago)

Post #613 Update from Doug on AFMR build status. LE's now in production. Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #711 Production update Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #777 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #820 AFM LE delivered! Posted by kidchrisso (2 years ago)

Post #1157 September 1st Update from CGC Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #1175 Production update from CGC including game #3 launch targets! Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #1214 Pre-Expo production update from Doug at CGC Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nexyss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#252 2 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

I wish they would just finish up the MMr's for the people that have been waiting for a long time for them.
Then just do the line of AFMr and no need to keep switching back and forth.It seems like they would be able to produce more that way.

Maybe they are trying to add that badass huge DMD to MMr before making more of them. That would definitely make me want one.

#261 2 years ago

When I played the AFMr LE at pinagogo, it had side panels, and the sides of the backbox, that lit up. Looking at the pic on PPS' website, it looks like the LE has mirror side panels. Anyone have any idea which will ship on the LE?

This is the first game I have been excited about since Metallica. I am actually considering selling GnR for this one, which I never thought would happen.

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

The LE is supposed to ship with the mirror blades. The light up blades and backbox sides are an aftermarket mod by another supplier. It will have a back panel decal but isn't interactive or illuminated to my knowledge.

Thanks for the info. A bit disappointing to hear, though. Aside from the big DMD, those light up panels were probably the most impressive difference from the original.

2 weeks later
#385 2 years ago
Quoted from morepins:

PinballStar asked for my final payment on my AFM LE #36
Should get it in July

This is great to hear!

#427 2 years ago

I don't think i have ever wanted someone to contact me saying I need to give them $8000 before. It is a very weird feeling. I am checking my email often these days.

#442 2 years ago

This thread is really making me anxious for this game!

#476 2 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

I'm hoping MMR is updated with the bigger display as rumored. I'm holding out for that now; I was looking at other currently available MMR options.

A Special Edition MMr with the large display would be a great option for future buyers...

#486 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

True, but us present MMR owners would love the availability of an upgrade kit as well!

I was assuming that if they made it for mmr, it would be available as an upgrade to current owners.

1 week later
#569 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Pretty sure I would use 4 people for safety. Plus one supervisor.

You could do it the way a lot of businesses would do it. One person to install, without proper tools, with 4 levels of management watching.

#578 2 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Are all the LEs sold out?

I haven't heard any distributors say they are sold out yet.

#584 2 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

Have there been any pictures shown of the black trim for the LE? I'm warming to the green but not enough to switch my order yet.

I haven't seen any. Isn't black just a standard color you can order at any time? If there is any doubt, it might be better to order green, then change to black down the road if you don't like it.

I don't know how hard it would be to match that green later on. I may try to find out so I can get the coin door done. I have a Refinery Edition Metallica with the purple powder coat, and the matching coin door really looks nice.

#592 2 years ago
Quoted from Herm:

I'm looking forward to when I get the email from my distributor on my LE. Since I just bought a game last month I'm content with waiting.

Maybe that is why I am impatiently waiting for that email. This is the first game I have wanted to buy since Metallica 3 years ago.

2 weeks later
#663 2 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Someone said they are building 500 more MMRs? I received mine last week and the build date was in June 13and I believe was number 1887 of 2000. So are they going to just extend it to 2500? Or create a 3rd version of MMR?

I think those are still being built by Stern. CGC is going to start building more MMr in September after the first 500 AFMrLEs.

#666 2 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Stern is not building them anymore , Mine was built at CGC. They had some gap time in AFMR before the LEs and they ran a small batch from what I was told.

This post breaks the heart of every LE buyer that was expecting to hear that LEs shipped this week.

#681 2 years ago
Quoted from Plunger069:

FYI AFMR looks good but here is my MMR delivered the same day. Mfg. June 8, 2017

That mmr definitely should have been noticed during all of the pre shipment inspections these games are supposed to go through.

#710 2 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

We hope that everyone had a great holiday.
• Because we completed the 150th AFMR SE last Friday, we allowed our staff to enjoy a four day holiday weekend. Today, we started assembling Limited Edition games. These first LE games will be the Serial Number Matching Program machines. I do not anticipate us shipping any LE’s for about another 10 days because we are still awaiting a couple of parts for the topper. Games will be thoroughly tested with the topper prior to final approval and packing.

Thank you for your patience and feedback.
More to come!
Doug Skor

Have any of the LEs shipped?

#737 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

and TRIM application, my guess is those martian green lock bars are there so they could strap them closed and prop them up on their backs. All the number matching LE's are first and I doubt we all selected martian green. So don't lose hope that yours might be in that stack!

Although I am surprised anyone ordered anything other than martian green, this does seem like the most reasonable answer.

#757 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

At this point, I'll take a used bottle cap with a number written on it in crayon.

I don't even need that. The only reasons I went LE are the mini saucer LEDs and the green trim. The delays are for stuff I really don't care about. If they sell these after the fact for SE owners, I will have made a big mistake.

#762 2 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Yup, same here. I was appalled to have bought a black MMR LE (one of only about 200 or so that exist) only to see PPS selling black rails, black legs, and black lock bars for MMR right after the SE started shipping. Since the ability to get gold or black was literally the only difference between the LE and SE, I thought it was a slap in the face. Bummer it's happening on a larger scale with AFMR.

We don't know if it will happen yet. The green trim, mini saucer LEDs, and the topper are exclusive to the LE for now. As long as they stay exclusive, everything is good. My point was that I could have been playing an SE for a month now instead of waiting for the LE exclusive features. If they do sell those exclusive features later, I wasted a lot of time not playing a game while waiting for the only way to get those features.

If delays are in the few week range, I can live with that. When they go into months or longer, then I start thinking about the next pin to buy, or go buy something non pinball related.

#785 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Man, sure wish i could just drive down and grab one! I'm only a couple hours away...

I can't wait to get the request for final payment. Really, I probably won't get much work, or anything else, done until then. I am so bad at waiting for toys. lol

#790 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I hope one of those 5 is mine! Not enough resolution to zoom in on the serial numbers :-/

They put a short video and some pics on fb, and it looks like there are a lot more than 5 sitting on the dock.

#832 2 years ago

The goodie bag isn't stapled inside the cabinet! this games is already only worth 50% of the purchase price!

lol, I won't have to pry the staples out of mine. I like that.

#853 2 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I just got the stern topper for ghostbusters, cost $500 and the box was beat to hell. you'd think they would cough up little bit for a thicker cardboard box for that price. building a box for a topper is on the next level. looking forward to it, looks really nice.

I agree. So far, I am really liking everything I am seeing from cgc. I can't wait to get my LE. I am seriously considering mmr as my next pin if/when they offer an upgrade to the larger display. I feel a lot more comfortable with them starting to build mmr in house as well.

#861 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I liked the green but not doing the hinges as well was not going to look good. I have the black MMR and it looks kick ass. Black just looks finished to me.

I am hoping it won't be too hard to color match the green for the hinges and coin door. It will definitely look incomplete sitting next to my Refinery Edition Metallica that has everything done.

#883 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Game looks super noiyce
Anyone know when the classics will be in stock?

I would guess not until the end of the year, or later. They will finish up the LEs starting in October, then I have heard that they will do some more SEs.

1 week later
#1034 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I am in the extreme minority but I didn't think it added that much to the game. The animations look good but I usually don't see them while playing. I wasn't a fan of the score "dots"--they appear to be just giant versions of the MMr color upgrade. Either way, I don't look up enough to see most of it. I am in on a Classic.

With 4x the dots available, they could have smoothed out the score display a bit, but I don't think that would have added anything to the game. the extra detail (and the time to redraw) is in the animations where it can have the most impact. The differences only enhance the images, but they are still the same style. I think smooth scoring would probably look wrong with the rest of the art.

1 week later
#1071 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Does anyone have an idea as to when the the next LE batch goes out? I am assuming I'm not in this last batch that was finished because I have not received "The Call" or email.
I'm so impatient...

From what I remember from the updates in this thread, they are going to make AFMrLE through the end of this month, then switch to MMr for 4 weeks, then finish the AFMrLEs starting in October.

#1074 2 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

My vote is keep making all LE's then do MM.
But I may have underlying reasons.

I have the same reasons for wanting that. I think it is probably impractical though. They said they were getting in parts for the second batch, so the MMr run is probably about how long it will take to prep the second batch for assembly.

#1101 2 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I'm a CGC fan for life now after owning my AFMr SE since July. The machine is incredible. I'm so thankful that they've chosen to reissue these classics with the upgraded tech. I have no regrets and I've had no issues with it after over 500 plays. I'm all-in on a MBr or a CCr (would have to be w/ completed code or I'd not consider it), but between the two I'd rather have a MBr.
I'm hoping that there are still a few MMr's available on this 'last run' by the end of winter. I'd love to add both to my collection eventually. Oh well, fingers crossed.

Where did you hear last run? They have more distributor orders than the 250 they are making now, so they will need to do at least one more run after running some more AFMr.

#1103 2 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Plan on MB then because they have said CC would be original code if made. Which would be a shame as that game really deserves to be finished. Original game is just ok.

I have heard that it definitely won't be the Continued code that is available now, but I think they will do new code to finish the game.

5 months later
#1442 1 year ago

I installed the new chip today, and I was reminded of one of my favorite things about this pin. The back glass with the lights attached. It seems like a really small thing, but not having that stupid light board of the old pins really makes me happy. This certainly isn’t the flashiest upgrade to afm, but it sure is appreciated. I didn’t need it today, but I really like the hinged speaker panel as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nexyss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside