Topic Stats

• 1,559 posts
  • 240 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by ataritoday
  • Topic is favorited by 130 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 196 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

73e88997f61c990ac6bab5468d83bcef8b303cab (resized).png
IMG-9504 (resized).JPG
IMG_5099 (resized).JPG
IMG_5100 (resized).JPG
624FDB9C-BB85-45EA-B810-BCF205E7E28D (resized).jpeg
93A09089-DC9E-4FFC-9E6A-1AA5B564D06F (resized).jpeg
IMG_0050 (resized).jpg
IMG_0964 (resized).JPG
IMG_0963 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #392 Report of AFMR SE delivery! Posted by sandersj (2 years ago)

Post #431 Update from CGC on latest shipping, and details on packaging changes Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #522 Nifty LED information on cool white LED's for AFMR Posted by NiftyLED (2 years ago)

Post #613 Update from Doug on AFMR build status. LE's now in production. Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #711 Production update Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #777 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #820 AFM LE delivered! Posted by kidchrisso (2 years ago)

Post #1157 September 1st Update from CGC Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #1175 Production update from CGC including game #3 launch targets! Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #1214 Pre-Expo production update from Doug at CGC Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #1348 update from CGC with regard to flipper power settings fix in the works Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 2 years ago

Thanks for a fantastic update Doug!

1 week later
#79 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Assume production has been suspended on MMr for quite some while then, as AFAIK Stern hasn't made any since the middle of last year.
Will be curious to see how the in-house ones compare in build quality.
Is pricing likely to be brought more in line with AFMr now that they don't have to pay Stern?

they had them on the line in the last two months ref their facebook factory videos.

#100 2 years ago

Awesome update!

#159 2 years ago

does anyone know the dot resolution of the MMR screen and AFMR big screen?

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They did the SAME EXACT THING on MMR! lol ....srsly, believe me.

Yes I think you are right especially given the standard machine can be upgraded to colour, the good news is that I guess that if CGC didn't do an upgrade you could just order the parts and do it yourself, I really hope they offer an MMR upgrade though, i'm in for sure if they do.

Neil.

2 weeks later
#281 2 years ago

it can be done! you guys rock!

4 weeks later
#585 2 years ago

Look at the MMR threads they have some pictures of the black.

#589 2 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

I have an MMr with black trim...just wondered if it will be the same, and wanted to see how good it looks on AFM.

hey mark

I think Rick from PPS said it would be the same. I think if I had black MMR I'd be tempted to go with black AFMR I've got gold(ish) MMR so I'm of course going with Martian Green

#621 2 years ago

doug, it might be useful for you guys to do a video in lower light conditions on a production unit - The video above of the original AFM is more or less played in the dark.

Keep up the great work and looking forward to getting my LE

Neil.

#634 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome thanks for the informative reply Larry, I wasn't sure how long the original MMR production agreement/contract was, hence my original question. I have been eyeing up a MMR for a while now, if I can get one NIB built by CGC rather than Stern I would probably go for it, I was waiting to see how AFMR turned out first and thats turned out fantastic!
I have plenty of Stern's but the reviews and reports of CGC build quality on AFMR has been overwhelmingly positive and exceeded expectations. Think it's time to pull the trigger on the pair and the bonus of having them both build by CGC.

to be fair to stern my MMR has been bullet proof. Nothing gone wrong with it at all.

1 week later
#683 2 years ago

if you haven't done so = open a ticket with CGC.

#687 2 years ago

for the record my MMR is over year old and has lots of plays on it and no splitting, infact the machine has been bulletproof - not a single issue!

Neil.

#746 2 years ago

paid for my matched LE today...

2 weeks later
#955 2 years ago

i had to pay for my number matched LE couple of weeks ago, but I have to wait for the other AFMr's to be made as they are all shipped in a container to the UK!!!! these unboxing pics are driving me nuts

#963 2 years ago

Doug - thanks for the update!

#1017 2 years ago

I so want my machine!!!!

1 week later
#1091 2 years ago

MMR is great value in my view. Best machine i've had, no issues with it.

#1112 2 years ago

did anyone receive an LE that wasn't serial matched?

Does anyone know when the second batch of AFMR will be built? cgc_dougs Any updates ?

Neil.

#1124 2 years ago

ok cool, so assuming my AFMR is made now just need the second batch of non-matched serial numbers to be made then the ship! I think before the end of October! mind you I won't have anything until my new pinball room is built

Neil.

#1141 2 years ago

I'm looking forward to beating Keith Elwin at AFMR! That'll be one for the memoirs!

#1142 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Video pinball? What does that even mean? Still a real ball with real physics, I don't get that comment.
BUT ... I would utterly believe he can feel latency. That's something that could be tested for, need a new and old machine side by side, a high speed camera, and some alligator clips ...

so I have access to a MMR and I can probably borrow a high speed cam from work, just need a MR. I'll have AFMR later in the year and I'll test it.

3 weeks later
#1190 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

How'd you get a AFMLE remake before your MMR? I thought only the matching serial numbers went out on the AFMLE remakes?

no they also did some no matching also.

3 weeks later
2 weeks later
#1274 2 years ago

cgc_dougs - Any news on the widescreen update for MMR?

Neil.

1 week later
#1309 2 years ago

Met Doug at IAAPA - was great to talk to him about the games and the great work he and the team are doing! and Doug serious about giving you a lift to the show next year - let me know. the UK AFMR's are on the boat and will be here in time for xmas!

Cheers,
Neil.

1 month later
#1332 2 years ago

cgc_dougs Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year to you and all the team at CGC - my AFMr arrives Friday and I can't wait. Looking forward to another great year of CGC pinballs! Look forward to seeing you at EAG here in London

Neil.

1 week later
#1350 2 years ago

thanks Doug. happy new year!

4 weeks later
#1419 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The ANNOUNCEMENT is in March. Assuming it even is MB, it won’t go into production for quite a while after

Wrong - what ever the announcement it will already be in production!

#1424 1 year ago

SOL 2.0 in my machine here in the UK Doug and working great.

1 month later
#1535 1 year ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I don't know, but can you really get excited with anything CGC are going to make? We all know the games and have been playing them since the 90's (well most of us)

just about all the ex Williams staff now work for Stern, I think they have got it together

I don't think most of us have! And the designers do but not much more than that!

3 weeks later
#1548 1 year ago

I'm hoping the MMR speaker panel/screen update brings the speakers from AFMR for MMR. Money waiting!

Neil.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
€ 9.10
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Atlanta, GA
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Columbia Station, OH
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
MicksPinball
$ 26.50
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Upper Freehold, NJ
7,600 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Williamsport, PA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 59.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 2,000.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 11.95
$ 6,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
€ 3.70

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside