pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #392 Report of AFMR SE delivery! Posted by sandersj (6 years ago)

Post #431 Update from CGC on latest shipping, and details on packaging changes Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #522 Nifty LED information on cool white LED's for AFMR Posted by NiftyLED (6 years ago)

Post #613 Update from Doug on AFMR build status. LE's now in production. Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #711 Production update Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #777 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #820 AFM LE delivered! Posted by kidchrisso (6 years ago)

Post #1157 September 1st Update from CGC Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordloss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

We first saw this game at TPF and loved it.
However when we found out CGC was making the games it did not exactly instill confidence in us.
As an arcade owner we have had nothing but trouble and rude tech support with their Redemption games division. So much so that we vowed never to buy another Chicago Gaming game.
But once we found out that Loyd is the tech support for this particular title, all that went out the window. We are in line for an LE and are super excited to be getting one. We talked to Loyd directly at TPF and were very impressed with him (As everyone on Pinside surely is), as well as the rest of the company guys on hand.
While we still will not by another game from the redemption division, the Pinball side looks to be rock solid.

Sounds like LTG needs a raise, PPS is lucky to have Lloyd.

1 week later
#90 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Hi Everyone:
If all we did was produce pinballs, it might be so much easier. However, many of you know that this building still produces a lot of cabinetry and other wood products for the professional coin-op amusement industry as well as a complete line of other products that we sell under the CGC name. Yes, we are super busy at Chicago Gaming and forgive me if I only get to Pinside on occasion. Here is a bullet point update and some news surrounding CGC:
• In addition to starting the production of Attack From Mars, we are also are putting the final touches on our new assembly line. Yes, we are still on course to start shipping pinballs in May. At first is will be slow, but we hope to get up to 15 games per day within a few short weeks. This line will run 6 days a week.
• The first quantity of games off the line are going to be AFM Special Editions. These games will be shipped to our dealers worldwide for the purpose of pinball festivals, trade-shows, and display models. After that our focus will turn to producing Limited Editions.
• Yes, there is still a lot of demand for MMR. In fact, we have orders for nearly 500 games standing at this point. It is our plan to build the first 500 AFM pins and then break to make the next run of 500 MMR’s. Following the MMR’s it will be back to AFM.
• As many of you know, the original artist, Doug Watson, was involved with the design of the LE topper. He hand sculptured the new Martian out of clay, provided the city background artwork, and prepared some conceptual drawings. CGC did the remaining engineering work. What you don’t know is that Doug Watson was also involved in creating some playfield back panel artwork as well. I am not going show any images of this, because I want to keep you all in suspense. However, it will be installed on the very first machine out of our building. I know you’re going to love it.
• Yes, even the very first AFM will be shipped with the mylar and metal hole guards installed.
• For the past few weeks, we have had the first AFM put on location in Chicago, Logan Arcade. With the exception of one coil issue, the game has been playing flawlessly. This is the same prototype pin that appeared at the TPF and the Amusement Expo in Dallas, Texas. This one game has probably already seen more play than most pins will ever encounter in a life time in someone’s home.
• I promise to post more pictures and information as the first games are being boxed.
Thank you for all of your enthusiasm.
Doug Skor

Find some time to help Stern with their Cabinets!

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No, that has been part of my signature line since 1996. The LTG goes back to about 1975.
LTG : )

LTG : )™

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's because they're using the original uncompressed voice files - unfortunately they're mixed a little different. It's good that AFMr has audio settings. Hopefully there will be an update that allows MMr to do the same. Although honestly it's just the various "Castle bosses" that are too low. The princesses, trolls...all the other levels are fine IMO

One guy on here made a program/script to raise the voice levels. Dont think he ever released it, but it would be cool if he did.

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Just release it. You aren't making any money off of it and he has no damages.

All he'd need to do it send it to someone, or randomly upload it to some random file server. Rick would have a hard time linking it to him and even then there is jack he could do about it.

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

All he'd need to do it send it to someone, or randomly upload it to some random file server. Rick would have a hard time linking it to him and even then there is jack he could do about it.

Actually, scratch that. I have been looking into it and sharing would be potentially bothersome... but making a guide on how to modify your own software would not be. As long as you arn't breaking any encryption, guide would be legal and fair use.

3 weeks later
#333 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I was told by my distro that I'm 2/3 the way down on his LE list and it looks like I'll be in the second batch of LEs (after 100 SE, 500LE, and another run of MMr). Is it possible I'm looking at 2018 for my preorder?

I'd cancel my order if I was told I had to wait for 500 MMRE's to be made until I could get my name. Definition of bullshit right there.

#337 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

What else should they do? Those MM orders came in ahead of the AFM ones, so shouldn't they be built first?

They should be built in a second line, or planned better ahead of time.

3 weeks later
#631 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Are the next batches of MMR being produced in house by CGC or still being done by Stern?

Why would stern have anything to do with MM these days?

3 months later
#1236 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

CGC posted they'll unveil at TPF next year.
LTG : )

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 209.00
$ 45.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordloss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update?tu=lordloss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.