Topic Stats

• 1,551 posts
  • 236 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by dzoomer
  • Topic is favorited by 128 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 196 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

73e88997f61c990ac6bab5468d83bcef8b303cab (resized).png
IMG-9504 (resized).JPG
IMG_5099 (resized).JPG
IMG_5100 (resized).JPG
624FDB9C-BB85-45EA-B810-BCF205E7E28D (resized).jpeg
93A09089-DC9E-4FFC-9E6A-1AA5B564D06F (resized).jpeg
IMG_0050 (resized).jpg
IMG_0964 (resized).JPG
IMG_0963 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #392 Report of AFMR SE delivery! Posted by sandersj (2 years ago)

Post #431 Update from CGC on latest shipping, and details on packaging changes Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #522 Nifty LED information on cool white LED's for AFMR Posted by NiftyLED (2 years ago)

Post #613 Update from Doug on AFMR build status. LE's now in production. Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #711 Production update Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #777 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #820 AFM LE delivered! Posted by kidchrisso (2 years ago)

Post #1157 September 1st Update from CGC Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #1175 Production update from CGC including game #3 launch targets! Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #1214 Pre-Expo production update from Doug at CGC Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john17a.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#302 2 years ago

Terrific to see this communication from Doug and Rick your customers really appreciate this effort terrific PR
Thank you

1 month later
#639 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't know if Stern is finishing up any MMR's from before.
It's been posted CGC is making AFMR's now, 500 I think. Then CGC will make more MMR's, and then back to AFMR's.
LTG : )

Can any one clear this up
I had the understanding that cgc was now going to produce all the LEs in 1 block can Doug cgc confirm where we are at with production planning

1 week later
#671 2 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Our production output in both quantity and quality has already exceeded our expectations. We are still building up to our targeted output of about 15 games per day and this could still take several more weeks. Because of this success, Doug Duba, owner of CGC, has decided to modify the original schedule. With his newly found confidence in our abilities along with some delays on receiving some custom made parts the topper, we are modify the schedule as such.
• We have parts to build 500 AFMR on the first run. Parts for the second run (1,000 units) have all been released to our vendors and will start arriving in July.
• Instead of building only 100 SE’s, we are now going to build 150 SE’s. By building the additional 50 SE’s it will push us out only two weeks before we dive in to LE production.
• By the time that we have completed the 150, we should be building and testing toppers.
• Our plan is to still build the LE Serial Number Matching Program machines first.
• Once started, we will focus only on LE’s until all have been built.
• When we break to build MMR, we will build only 250 MMR’s instead of the originally announced 500 units. Although we have commitments for well over 400 MMR’s, we are confident that the 250 will take care of the immediate needs rather than the stocking positions some dealers are teeing up for the holiday season. It should take us no more than 3 to 4 weeks to build this quantity.
• While we are building AFM’s, the work cells will be working on sub-assemblies for MMR and visa-versa when we are building MMR’s, we will be building AFMR assemblies.
• Immediately following MMR’s, we will build AFMR strong for many weeks.
• We will break to build another batch of MMR in early to mid-November.
Each game is going through three testing points before it is boxed. We have established a check list that has to be completed on each and every game. I don’t know of a manufacture that is checking, double checking, and triple checking a product before it ships. Like I said earlier, I look forward to hearing from the community on first posts of their “unboxing” experiences. Please understand that we are working our way out of a hole. We have nearly 1,800 pins to build at this time; however, new orders coming in daily. Because we are so behind at the moment, we will not look to introduce our next pin until probably late Q1 of 2018. We also will be introducing a new video game later this year that will become a “have to have” for any players game room.
Thank you again for all your passion and patience as we work our way of this back-order situation.
Best regards.
Doug Skor

I had the silly impression that the above stated that the LE,s once started would be then competed the lot of them surely my grasp of the English language isn'tthat bad

1 month later
#1089 2 years ago
Quoted from Backyardace:

Will pricing change at all on the MMR being made in house by Chicago Gaming? I'm curious since for the same price as a MMR standard you can get an AFM LE with a topper and larger screen. I would prefer a MMR but at the same price as a AFM LE, AFM LE is a better value.

can anyone confirm this as accurate im in australia and havnt heard this pricing

#1092 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

You are correct
Mmr is a harder and more costly game to manufacture and even more expensive in smaller numbers.
AFM is being made in larger qty's and have less complicated parts, mmr standard is the same price as afmle

That being the case if and or when MB is run what will the pricing be like

#1155 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

so what took them so long then?? and why was MMR such a trainwreck of a project in communications, expectations, and execution? Rick was a contributor.. but once it came out he really wasn't driving.. don't know why CGC didn't rescue it with the attitude they are showing now.

been wondering this for a long time too but really now impressed nether the less

#1161 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Stern was dicking them around!!!

Stern have made an art form of dicking consumers

1 month later
#1246 2 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Wayne mentioned on AA over the weekend that he'd be in touch with people this week.

what i was told as well xmas is getting closer

2 weeks later
#1271 2 years ago

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 11.95
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john17a.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside