Topic Stats

• 1,560 posts
  • 240 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by underlord
  • Topic is favorited by 130 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 196 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

73e88997f61c990ac6bab5468d83bcef8b303cab (resized).png
IMG-9504 (resized).JPG
IMG_5099 (resized).JPG
IMG_5100 (resized).JPG
624FDB9C-BB85-45EA-B810-BCF205E7E28D (resized).jpeg
93A09089-DC9E-4FFC-9E6A-1AA5B564D06F (resized).jpeg
IMG_0050 (resized).jpg
IMG_0964 (resized).JPG
IMG_0963 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #392 Report of AFMR SE delivery! Posted by sandersj (2 years ago)

Post #431 Update from CGC on latest shipping, and details on packaging changes Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #522 Nifty LED information on cool white LED's for AFMR Posted by NiftyLED (2 years ago)

Post #613 Update from Doug on AFMR build status. LE's now in production. Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #711 Production update Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #777 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #820 AFM LE delivered! Posted by kidchrisso (2 years ago)

Post #1157 September 1st Update from CGC Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #1175 Production update from CGC including game #3 launch targets! Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #1214 Pre-Expo production update from Doug at CGC Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #1348 update from CGC with regard to flipper power settings fix in the works Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jjhlh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#293 2 years ago

Another great update! You are doing amazing work on AFMr. Can't wait to get my LE!

1 week later
#357 2 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Agree it was dazzling, but is there a way to adjust the brightness at all?

Yes. At TPF the machines were set at different levels of brightness to demonstrate this feature.

1 month later
#738 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Doug Skor the VP of the company also reached out to me personally. This guy is a true professional! The passion and respect he has for this industry is amazing.

I agree completely. I spoke with Doug extensively at TPF and was very impressed with him. He is a big reason I placed an order for an AFMr and MMr. His updates and communication on this forum have been remarkable. He's set a high standard for customer service and his company will benefit from it.

1 week later
#845 2 years ago

I am very impressed with CGC. Quality communication and a quality product. That is exactly what we want. The way they packaged that beautiful topper in that wooden box is amazing.

#965 2 years ago

Great communication as always. Thank you Doug!

#1031 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not sold on the big display until I see it in person. Definitely won't order until I've played one first.

The new large display is fantastic. The high resolution color dots look beautiful on it!

2 weeks later
#1150 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Oh yeah... and this made me remember just how much "class" that Charlie from Spooky Pinball has. He would NEVER take pock shots at the competition even when there's good reason. For a major player from Stern to bash the competition like this is poor form imho. Maybe we should ask Zach his opinion on the remakes?

That is an interesting point. When I was at TPF I asked Doug Skor about some of his competitors, specifically Stern and JJP. He had nothing but nice things to say. Not a single negative word. We played a game of Dialed In together since it was right next to the Chicago Gaming area and again he had nothing but good things to say. That impressed me and I remembered it. When you are confident in your product it shows in subtle ways.

This isn't meant to imply that Keith isn't being honest. He may feel that way, but it may be a better move to not say anything if that's the case.

3 months later
#1333 2 years ago

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Doug! Thanks for your excellent communication. Looking forward to receiving my AFMr LE the day after Christmas, and can’t wait for the reveal of remake #3 at TPF!

3 weeks later
#1410 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The ANNOUNCEMENT is in March. Assuming it even is MB, it won’t go into production for quite a while after

CGC revealed AFMr at TPF at the end of March last year. They didn’t have a production line in place at the time of the reveal but games started being shipped at the end of May. That’s a very impressive accomplishment. I would expect remake #3 to start shipping at a similar time frame if not sooner now that their assembly line is in place.

1 month later
#1475 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Any update on the production and of the new remake?
Will CGC have the new remake at Amusement Expo International? TPF? Arcade Expo 4.0?
When will pricing and delivery be announced?
I have a AFMr SE and Legends III. Quality stuff and really looking forward to the new remake.
A fan.
Chuck
ps. No BS, submitted claim for PIC and a few plastics on a Monday had the PIC Wednesday and plastics Thursday. Dang good CS.

CGC remake #3 is going to be revealed at TPF in less than a month, similar to how AFMr was revealed there last year. Excited to see what it will be!

1 month later
#1484 1 year ago

I spoke with Doug extensively at TPF. As others have said he’s a class act. After being bashed repeatedly on Pinside I wouldn’t blame him for not posting. This forum can be toxic at times. It’s a shame since he provided lots of useful information. Great product. Can’t wait for remake #3.

#1501 1 year ago

My experience with CGC has also been exceptional. I couldn’t be more pleased with the nib MMr and AFMr LE that I got from them. Both games are pure greatness in regards to build quality and fun. The minor tweaking needed on both was handled quickly and easily by talking with Lloyd and Arturo. I give CGC my highest recommendation and can’t wait to see what they do with remake #3.

#1533 1 year ago

Doug indicated earlier in this thread that they don’t plan on offering another model of MMr, but are working on a display/speaker panel upgrade which would presumably be similar to that used on the AFMr LE and SE.

Quoted from CGC_DougS:

5. Let me try to settle some myths: a) the MMR Standard Edition will remain exactly as we have produced it to date. In other words, it will not include the large display. b)We are working on an option to upgrade anyone’s current game. c) It is not as simply as changing out the display panel….let me save you a bunch of time and effort. d) There are no current plans for another model.

Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Hello Everyone!

4. We are still working on the MMR display/speaker panel upgrade. It’s not as simple as one might think and in order to it correctly, it going to take some time. More on this to come in 2018.

3 weeks later
#1543 1 year ago
Quoted from sprite:

Are there any updates to latest MMR productions vs the early ones? I've skimmed this forum and saw people complaining about poor sound quality and inserts being hard to read when lit up [which there is a fix for, is that preinstalled on latest runs?].

I recently got a nib MMr and agree with everything gunstarhero and O-din said. The sound isn’t as nice as it is on my AFMr LE but it’s good enough for me since I usually have the volume rather low. The melamine cab and plywood bottom are very nice and make the game feel solid. It plays buttery smooth, especially the Catapult ramp. Awesome machine! I hope MBr is game #3 because I would like one of those too.

#1549 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Are all the CGC cabs melamine?

If the game was manufactured at CGC’s factory it will have the melamine cabinet. Some of the MMR LE’s assembled at Stern’s factory didn’t have it. Interestingly CGC advertised this feature for AFMR but also included it on the MMR Standards they are making now without mentioning it or charging extra, which was nice of them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jjhlh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside