Topic Stats

• 1,560 posts
  • 240 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by underlord
  • Topic is favorited by 130 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 196 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

73e88997f61c990ac6bab5468d83bcef8b303cab (resized).png
IMG-9504 (resized).JPG
IMG_5099 (resized).JPG
IMG_5100 (resized).JPG
624FDB9C-BB85-45EA-B810-BCF205E7E28D (resized).jpeg
93A09089-DC9E-4FFC-9E6A-1AA5B564D06F (resized).jpeg
IMG_0050 (resized).jpg
IMG_0964 (resized).JPG
IMG_0963 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #392 Report of AFMR SE delivery! Posted by sandersj (2 years ago)

Post #431 Update from CGC on latest shipping, and details on packaging changes Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #522 Nifty LED information on cool white LED's for AFMR Posted by NiftyLED (2 years ago)

Post #613 Update from Doug on AFMR build status. LE's now in production. Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #711 Production update Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #777 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #820 AFM LE delivered! Posted by kidchrisso (2 years ago)

Post #1157 September 1st Update from CGC Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #1175 Production update from CGC including game #3 launch targets! Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #1214 Pre-Expo production update from Doug at CGC Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #1348 update from CGC with regard to flipper power settings fix in the works Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hillbilly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#378 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I'm really impressed CGC have managed to set up a fully working and efficient pinball production line relatively quickly (or at least with minimum fuss - I realize this has been in the works for a while and they already produce cabinets, pf's and vids). And they're just about to box the first 100 games!
Everyone talks about competition for Stern, but CGC has really flown under the radar and may end up producing more games than all Sterns competition combined.
Just wish they'd hurry up and make Monster Bash!!

No doubt MB would be a great remake. I do believe there would be more challenges with that title such as licencing and cost. I would expect that MB would cost more to make than the MMr. Still love the new technology compared to WPC 95 and if they could keep the costs for a standard around the 8-9K it would make sense to produce it. I'm also hoping for CC remake as I believe they could make this title for similar cost to AFMr.

#382 2 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Even at 10k they would sell a ton of MBR, especially with the upgraded DMD and sound system.

Sure, if MBRLE included that for 10K I sure would consider it; however, your price point is starting to get into a range that some will never even consider.

#391 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

People keep bringing up licensing. As discussed many times, Universal Monsters are a cheap and easy license, that really shouldn't be an issue (or used as justification for a price bump). Exhibit A: Pinball Arcade was able to make MB without a kickstarter or any other issues.
So no need to beg CGC to raise the price a few grand. If they follow Stern's lead they'll figure that move out on their own!
Also, if CGC wants to be moving 3,000+ games a year, they need to be in the $6k pinball business, not the $10k pinball business.

I certainly wouldn't beg to CGC to raise the price. However, I really don't believe 6K is going to be realistic considering all the playfield toys, ramps and components. I could see it comparable to MMr but I will be shocked to see standard at 6K.

#422 2 years ago

Just received my final invoice for my AMFRLE. Getting pretty excited to get my pin. Seems like CGC is got their act together.

#424 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

It would be helpful if people mentioned what distributor they bought their LE from, and if it was a matching serial number order. That would give others an idea of when they might expect theirs.

I bought it right from Planetary Pinball and I do have a matching MMr. No delivery date yet just final billing.

#426 2 years ago
Quoted from robbo105:

And choice of trim color (if they are doing games in batches of trim color)

The email just ask me to verify my MMr number and trim color. I had chose black.

#430 2 years ago
Quoted from DSL_:

I am getting anxious waiting for PPS to contact me for my balance. I ordered directly through them as well... What date did you actually order? I ordered mine at noon on March 25th...

My sales order was on 3/24/17 so it shouldn't be long for you.

#483 2 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Very pleased on how things are progressing here at CGC. I would like to think that soon we’ll all start to see a whole bunch of “Unboxing” posts for AFMR. Many of these games are getting or soon will be shipped.
• There was a slight hold on shipping last week as we were putting the last few edits to the AFMR Owner’s Manual. Soon I hope to be posting the manual on the CGC website for all to review in advance. The manuals are now being mass produced by our printer and quantities are showing up at our facility.
• As per request of our customer, we will no longer be packing the leg bolts in the cashbox as Williams and Bally did back in the day. The leg bolts will now be found fully screwed in to the cabinet. As you unpack the game, simply unscrew the bolts and attach the legs with the same bolts.
• We also believe we have the best pallet in the industry. The size has been increased and built to be a lot stronger, this should greatly reduce the possibility of freight damage. This pallet will be used for all shipments with the exception of ocean going containers, where no pallet is used at all.
• Please Follow us on Facebook, where I will be posting more videos and pictures. I think you will like the box loading video I just added. When I come up for air, I'll add more. https://www.facebook.com/chicagogamingcompany/
A lot of time is being spent on the details. Although nothing is perfect, we really are trying to achieve it. We are grateful for your excitement around what we are doing at CGC and will have more information to share in the near future.
Regards,
Doug Skor

Doug,

Sent final payment for my AFMRLE today. Just wanted to add on that this has been the best experience for me buying a NIB pin from any company bar none. You guys are doing it right! Especially, listening to the consumer feedback. I personally have played some of the prototypes and seen how quickly the playfield started to wear at the SOL hole. I have a ton of respect that CGC wasn't offended by the feedback but rather decided to add a protector. I would not hesitate to jump on remake #3. You guys are leaving Stern and JJP in the dust. Great job on AMFR and particularly your customer service. Responding to customer feedback goes much father to gain trust than people realize.

#504 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I'll never get one but I still kinda want one

I remember saying the same thing when after I purchased my first pin over 20 years ago. Now I have 13 counting my AMFRLE. Never say never

1 week later
#598 2 years ago

Well PP just cashed my check for the LE this week so I would assume I'll be setting up shipping shortly.

1 month later
#859 2 years ago

I love the black! Much more glossy than I anticipated. I can't wait to get mine.

#888 2 years ago

Could have had mine tomorrow but the times didn't work. Got to wait until Monday morning to get my AMFRLE with black trim. I'm pumped.

1 week later
#1061 2 years ago

I have had my AMFrLE with black trim since Monday; however, I haven't been able to play it too much. I had a NIB problem I thought I would share with the community, especially those getting an LE. I would not get any semblance of GI, display or back box lighting. First, I want to be clear that the service was OUTSTANDING by CGC and PPS. I received a call within an hour of placing at ticket with CGC from Lloyd and when he couldn't help me Sean from CGC engineering contacted me through the portal and called me the very next day. Rick from PPS called me the same day as well, making sure that someone had been in touch with me at CGC. After a couple days of troubleshooting the problem was finally identified. The topper connector was shorting out and keeping the power supply from properly delivering 12V to the controller board. There was a small flaw with the topper board and the pin connector which was mentioned previously in this thread. I cut the pin on the board(3rd pin down)but did not remove the plug from the connector. This was keeping the plug from properly seating on the topper board which caused the problem. I would recommend removing the plug on the connector for the topper board (lower right) regardless if you cut the pin on the board. Just takes a paper clip to push the plug out from the back. Regardless of the delay, I am still enjoying my new pin. I was extremely happy with the prompt response from CGC and PPS. I had previously bought a MMrLE and won't hesitate to buy from them again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hillbilly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside