Topic Stats

• 1,560 posts
  • 240 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by underlord
  • Topic is favorited by 130 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 196 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

73e88997f61c990ac6bab5468d83bcef8b303cab (resized).png
IMG-9504 (resized).JPG
IMG_5099 (resized).JPG
IMG_5100 (resized).JPG
624FDB9C-BB85-45EA-B810-BCF205E7E28D (resized).jpeg
93A09089-DC9E-4FFC-9E6A-1AA5B564D06F (resized).jpeg
IMG_0050 (resized).jpg
IMG_0964 (resized).JPG
IMG_0963 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #392 Report of AFMR SE delivery! Posted by sandersj (2 years ago)

Post #431 Update from CGC on latest shipping, and details on packaging changes Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #522 Nifty LED information on cool white LED's for AFMR Posted by NiftyLED (2 years ago)

Post #613 Update from Doug on AFMR build status. LE's now in production. Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #711 Production update Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #777 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #820 AFM LE delivered! Posted by kidchrisso (2 years ago)

Post #1157 September 1st Update from CGC Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #1175 Production update from CGC including game #3 launch targets! Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #1214 Pre-Expo production update from Doug at CGC Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #1348 update from CGC with regard to flipper power settings fix in the works Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmojoe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1224 2 years ago

Will MMr production continue down the road to match demand? It is on my list as a pin to own someday. Just curious how CGC will handle production of these pins as more and more remakes are launched.

4 weeks later
#1264 2 years ago

Another plug for CGC; the gate on our MMr busted; snapped off at the base. I opened a ticket with CGC on their support portal and had a replacement delivered within two days. Really awesome, no hassle support.

3 months later
#1465 1 year ago

Good evening Doug! Just a quick question about MMr; do you see CGC doing subsequent runs down the road if the demand is there?

#1472 1 year ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

This question has been answered already (by PPS for sure and also CGC I believe). If the demand remains they will make more runs.

Thanks! Yes, Doug confirmed. Good news indeed. MMR is on my 'must have' list, just not sure when I can make that happen.

1 month later
#1489 1 year ago

I had the honor of meeting LTG and Doug at TPF; amazingly friendly and down to earth. I imagine it is crunch time at CGC so not surprised there is nothing from Doug. Feels like the eye of the hurricane!

#1515 1 year ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Not because of this forum, CGC missed the boat 2 weeks ago by not showing game 3 and locking in pre-orders, Stern just sold 500 LEs in under 24hrs and just sucked up a lot of pinball funds.
CGC will still make game 3, but I bet they just lost a lot of sales to Stern in the last week.

Are there that many people who get a wad of cash and just say "hey whoever releases first gets my $$" ? Just curious. These are big outlays of money, even for people who are well off. I know exactly what will end up in my collection and personally for me, none of it is or will be from Stern.

#1521 1 year ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

IDK they seemed to step it up with the LE’s finally. Almost as good as the Star Trek LE I have and cherish and will be buried with.

I feel bad saying anything negative about a company, and I know some very talented people work for Stern. That said, I maintained a Ghostbusters pin at my last job and that thing was just a total nightmare to work on and always had something breaking or wrong with it. It sat between an MMr and a Monster Bash, both of which were played a lot more and were just absolute tanks.

I hope Stern gets it together. Pinball is great and certainly the more companies putting out products the better for all of us!

#1523 1 year ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I don't know, but can you really get excited with anything CGC are going to make? We all know the games and have been playing them since the 90's (well most of us)

Who is "we"? Who is "us"?

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

just about all the ex Williams staff now work for Stern, I think they have got it together

Ever see a bunch of star athletes suck as a team? Happens in sports all the time!

**Edit - so re-reading my post, I don't mean to come across as overly harsh or anything. I give Stern credit for being last man standing in the late 90's and beyond and keeping the pinball flame lit. They have some real stars working there, no doubt about it. I know CGC remakes might not excite people who have been in the hobby for 40 years, but some of us are more recently into pinball and if it were not for the remakes likely would not get a chance to ever own what are truly awesome pins. If you are into the newer tables with the LED TVs built in that is great and I am glad designers are pushing forward with new tech. For me, it doesn't get much better than the great pins of the 90's. Different strokes for different folks!

#1532 1 year ago
Quoted from whitey:

I have to say CGC did improve the AFMR since MMR ,I look forward to the next remake and if Rick went back and did a MMR with the larger screen,factory mods maybe a cool topper I would order one up.Not going to bash Stern ,I like my B/W pins, JJP, and remakes

Medieval Madness being the first remake was good and bad at the same time It is such an awesome pin but being the first CGC remake, obviously means subsequent games get the better tech not to mention improvements as CGC production makes fixes to what works and doesn't. For that reason I agree, it would be cool if CGC went back and did an anniversary edition of MMr or something. I would be all over that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmojoe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside