pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #392 Report of AFMR SE delivery! Posted by sandersj (6 years ago)

Post #431 Update from CGC on latest shipping, and details on packaging changes Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #522 Nifty LED information on cool white LED's for AFMR Posted by NiftyLED (6 years ago)

Post #613 Update from Doug on AFMR build status. LE's now in production. Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #711 Production update Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #777 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #820 AFM LE delivered! Posted by kidchrisso (6 years ago)

Post #1157 September 1st Update from CGC Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

I dont see a microwave wall like Stern has. Are there plans for a microwave bank?

LOL. Good call. I'm not sure I can take any pinball manufacturer seriously without one. In fact I'd go so far as to say this may be the real reason other manufacturers are struggling. "Making pinball is hard...." they say. "Making pinball without a wall of microwaves is impossible" is what they should be saying.

1 week later
#131 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Wow!!! Nice looking AFMr......wait.....there is a Bally Logo allowed on AFMr and Williams was NOT allowed on MMr?????

Its a "virtual logo" - its actually just a cutout that shows part of the LCD with the logo displayed on it. Not sure if thats to bypass IP or not. The regular version of AFMr (not the LE etc) doesnt come with the cutout or the Logo on the backboard.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Wayne could use the Bally logo, so dont see why CGC cant. Williams still trade/make games under thier name so cant be used. Think thats how it goes.

Im not sure of the backstory. I dont know why they dont use the logo actually on the speaker panel. Would look so much better than the virtual one.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

It's on here somewhere but basically Williams still makes stuff that isn't pinball I think or something like that. But Bally is fine to use.

So I wonder why they don't have the logo printed on the speaker panel, even on the classic edition with the small screen. Seems odd.

It's not on the translite either.

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Maybe the logo will have some animation effects or something cool like that?

Could do, but doesn't explain why it's not on the translite.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

That's funny, check the header on that page... link to https://www.sggaming.com/games/bally
Don't know how it works on the licensing and using the names, but Bally is definitely still in business producing gaming machines, I know someone that works for them.

Good catch:

IMG_7953 (resized).PNGIMG_7953 (resized).PNG

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Just a theory - they can't use the Bally/Williams logos because B/W don't want to then to be seen as their products....they don't want to be contacted concerning questions and service. Perhaps there's a "Home" and "Arcade" setting? Home shows the Bally logo and Arcade gets rid of it or shows the CGC logo. Maybe? Just a theory!

Agree, sounds like a "loophole".

#151 6 years ago

Because the IP for the game itself would have come from Wayne to PPS, but no rights Bally/Williams logos etc.

This new AFM incarnation is so different though, it doesnt really need the logo. It will never appease the "purist" collector with all its enhancements, so not much point in using it at all. And the people buying it just want an AFM with all the bling and couldnt really care less whether its Stern, Bally, or CGC.

4 weeks later
#377 6 years ago

I'm really impressed CGC have managed to set up a fully working and efficient pinball production line relatively quickly (or at least with minimum fuss - I realize this has been in the works for a while and they already produce cabinets, pf's and vids). And they're just about to box the first 100 games!

Everyone talks about competition for Stern, but CGC has really flown under the radar and may end up producing more games than all Sterns competition combined.

Just wish they'd hurry up and make Monster Bash!!

1 month later
#793 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Doh! Stopped by Logan Arcade while I am in Chicago to get my AFMr fix while I wait for mine, but fudge it's outta order :-/ waaaaaaa

Wasn't green trim supposed to be exclusive to LE? Or did they powder coat it aftermarket?

#795 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. This game might be an early sample and not a production game.
LTG : )

Was thinking something like that given they got it so early.

#871 6 years ago

You guys are making this hard. Game wasn't even on my radar since Ive owned, restored and sold an original. But seeing these pics.....Damn you pinside!!!

#907 6 years ago

I think CGC learnt a lot from MMr. Whatever Stern does, do the opposite. And replace Rick as your spokesman with someone that knows how to deal with customers.

1 week later
#1043 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah but after you pay for the color upgrade it feels like a rip off. I guess the tiers are designed that way.
Remake vs original is whatever, but the original holds no special value to me where I'm going to pay what a new version would cost me.
I'm just like AFM and I haven't owned one yet.

I was meh on this game when I first saw it at Texas. But I was comparing to my restored original and looking for which elements of the original they changed for the remake - No cutouts on the translite, no Bally logo anywhere on the art, Large in your face colour screen, LED's that didn't look like the original.

Ive since sold my original and miss it. Then I realised that if you stop trying to compare the game to the original, and just see it as a modern update of a great game, the remake is really well done. The upgrades are real, and the bits you miss from the original are just things that appeal to old school collectors - theyre not improvements to the gameplay experience. The way I see it, people looking for a "new" original will never be happy anyway. After this change of mindset, ive ordered an LE.

FWIW, this is where my disappointed SWLE money went.

2 weeks later
#1132 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Keith Elwin is posting on Facebook how he can't hit any of his shots on this remake.
Saying it "Plays like video pinball".
And that it's "Definite Latency"

Now he works for Stern isn't there a conflict of interest here? Knowing he works for Stern, shouldn't we be taking these comments with a grain of salt?

#1133 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Keith Elwin is posting on Facebook how he can't hit any of his shots on this remake.
Saying it "Plays like video pinball".
And that it's "Definite Latency"

Personally I find Spike flippers a little delayed compared to Sam. But because I can't play a Spike game on a Sam system (as I can play an AFM and an AFMR on 2 different systems) , they're is no way to compare - your brain just adapts to the feel of the shot on that game.

So the comparison is ridiculous. If you played only AFMR you would eventually get used to the timing of the shots, and when you went to play AFM the shots would also feel completely different.

2 weeks later
#1173 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Agreed. I had a very nice very modded one and it was fun for a few months but not worth the 4-5k i had in it. I like all the ramps but thats all it really is lol. I doubt they remake ot since the topper is impossible to reproduce correctly. Its one the best toppers ever imo...

Id think the BOM on Wh20 would kill it given its market value.

1 month later
#1270 6 years ago

Australian games should be leaving any day now. Now it's only a 4 week wait

1 month later
#1339 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

my AFMr arrives Friday and I can't wait.

Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Hi Doug,
My afmrle is coming tomorrow.

Mine arrives on Friday also! What are the chances - opposite sides of the planet and all arriving on the same day. Must be Aliens involved.

3 months later
#1527 6 years ago

How can you compare Stern to CGC?

Full credit to CGC for their manufacturing abilities, but they haven't introduced anything new to pinball. Say what you like about Stern, but at least they are creating new games. And lots of them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
$ 79.00
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.