pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #392 Report of AFMR SE delivery! Posted by sandersj (6 years ago)

Post #431 Update from CGC on latest shipping, and details on packaging changes Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #522 Nifty LED information on cool white LED's for AFMR Posted by NiftyLED (6 years ago)

Post #613 Update from Doug on AFMR build status. LE's now in production. Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #711 Production update Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #777 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #820 AFM LE delivered! Posted by kidchrisso (6 years ago)

Post #1157 September 1st Update from CGC Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Very pleased to share with the pinball community that Chicago Gaming is on course to start shipping Attack from Mars in May as promised. A lot of effort, money, and time has been spent in designing an incredibly efficient and flexible production line. With almost six months in the making, it was necessary to first move several departments around in our 100,000 plus square foot building to clear the space for our pinball production facility. In the various work cells, production of AFM sub-assemblies is well under way as you can see in the photos. First production test playfields are already on the line as well. By early June we hope to be providing our dealers with a reliable production schedule so that they can inform their customers with some sense of a delivery window.

Thanks for the update Doug, can you say if AFMr will have a SOL/scoop protector installed on it and if so will it be a Cliffy or Mantis style protector?

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

We have designed our own protector that probably leans much closer to that of the Mantis style protector; however, we have also added a small custom cut piece of mylar for the top of the hole as well. I hope this helps.

IMG_7908 (resized).JPGIMG_7908 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#93 6 years ago

Solid update, thanks Doug!

#96 6 years ago

OT: would love to see the new large display offered on MMr!

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Im not sure of the backstory. I dont know why they dont use the logo actually on the speaker panel. Would look so much better than the virtual one.

I like the virtual one!

2 weeks later
#279 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

The CGC line is up and running – the first four games are scheduled to ship tomorrow! We are initially building one hundred Special Edition games; Limited Edition games will then immediately follow.
We greatly appreciate your comments – many of your suggestions have been incorporated into AFMr. These improvements include:
1. CGC Stroke of Luck Hole Protector
2. Additional mylar has been added to further protect the playfield.
3. Blackout Feature – the game owner can now set the translite illumination to be turned off during Strobe Multiball.
4. Back Panel Art – The original AFM did not have back panel art. Doug Watson, created all new artwork for the backpanel.
5. Topper – Since we first debuted the topper at TPS, a great deal of time has been spent refining and further integrating it into game play.
6. SuzoHapp Door – The new coin door now features two slotted coin openings (with US quarter coin mechanisms) and will now accommodate a standard upstack bill acceptor (being highly requested by the operating community). For European customers, we will be using the single slot electronic coin mechanism opening (no mechanism included).
7. Customized Logo Display – Both the LE and SE now allow the game owner to customize the logo appearing on the speaker panel. Games will ship with the Bally logo appearing in the small Customized Logo Display area. Details on file requirements and installation procedures to be included in the manual.
By Friday of next week, we will be sharing a rough production schedule with our dealers. It’s up to the dealers to communicate to their customers where they fall in line, collect balances due, and ultimately arrange transportation on the games. We are ever so grateful for your input and the passion that so many show towards this industry. Please also follow us at https://www.facebook.com/chicagogamingcompany/. More information to soon come out of CGC.
Thank you.
Doug Skor

Thumbs up Doug! (Way up)

2 weeks later
#403 6 years ago

NIB TAFr? Shut up and take my money!

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Wow, Looking good doug. We will probably start invoicing our first # guys Next week.
JJ

Awesome JJ! I will be watching my email like a hawk

#538 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Game Exchange of Colorado! JJ and his team ROCK.

X2.. JJ at GEX is top shelf!

3 weeks later
#673 6 years ago

Well shoot this is not what I wanted to read in the owners thread.. any thoughts on what is causing separation on the front of the cabinets Doug?

IMG_8835 (resized).PNGIMG_8835 (resized).PNG

Quoted from Higloss67:

My MMR was delivered 2 weeks ago and looks just like that on both sides. I will need to check my AFMR. Interested in finding out what the problem is.

#678 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

FYI AFMR looks good but here is my MMR delivered the same day. Mfg. June 8, 2017

Do AFMr and MMr use the old style Bally/Williams cabinet corner brackets or are they using the same set up Stern uses in their cabinets?

#739 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Although I am surprised anyone ordered anything other than martian green, this does seem like the most reasonable answer.

Green was a bit too much for me, I went black.

1 week later
#817 6 years ago

I can't wait to see some unboxing pics! Really want to see a Back LE

#842 6 years ago

She looks great! If you get a chance grab some pics of the game with the lights in the room turned on.

#862 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I liked the green but not doing the hinges as well was not going to look good. I have the black MMR and it looks kick ass. Black just looks finished to me.

Is the black on the MMr the same as the black on the AFMr?

#865 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Looks like it to me...might have a tad more shimmer

More shimmer is a good thing!

#925 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Other than the one topper connector I mentioned had a pin plug that should not have been there..I have had ZERO issues and no adjustments. This pin is a thing of beauty. I am thinking about springing for a piece of PDI, that would set it off incredibly. I just wish CGC would have made my MMR.

So are you saying there is a noticeable quality difference between MMr and AFMr?

#938 6 years ago

Green looks pretty cool but the black just fits the game better IMHO.. I went black and I'm not looking back.. enjoy your green.

#1005 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Glad I got the SE and didn't have to re-wire anything. Maybe if they would have charged
$800 more for the LE they could have put the proper connectors and better instructions in there.
Just kidding. I feel your pain.

If this is the only issue I have to deal with my AFMr LE I will be very happy! At least we are not talking about splitting cabinets, lack of code & playfield ghosting.

1 month later
#1221 6 years ago

I know it has been asked but will MMr owners be given the option to upgrade to the new large (AFMr style) color display?

5 months later
#1517 6 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

Are there that many people who get a wad of cash and just say "hey whoever releases first gets my $$" ? Just curious. These are big outlays of money, even for people who are well off. I know exactly what will end up in my collection and personally for me, none of it is or will be from Stern.

Somewhat OT: I have been on an intrest list with my Distro for nearly a year on IMDN.. As for Stern they are not perfect but they crank out some fun games! I have loved my AC/DC, METLE, BM66 LE and soon IMDN

I already traded off my AFMr LE but still have my MMr LE I just play my Sterns 10 to 1 over MMr and AFMr LE

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 209.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 79.00
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update?tu=concretehardt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.