pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #392 Report of AFMR SE delivery! Posted by sandersj (6 years ago)

Post #431 Update from CGC on latest shipping, and details on packaging changes Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #522 Nifty LED information on cool white LED's for AFMR Posted by NiftyLED (6 years ago)

Post #613 Update from Doug on AFMR build status. LE's now in production. Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #711 Production update Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #777 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #820 AFM LE delivered! Posted by kidchrisso (6 years ago)

Post #1157 September 1st Update from CGC Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrisnack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 6 years ago

Nice to see some sort of update in general. It seems hard for most of the pinball manufacturers to provide updates. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I just have fun every time I play AFM.

#110 6 years ago

Awesome update!

I bet CGC ships 100 machines before "other" manufacturers even manage to ship 50 and they've been at it for years...

#111 6 years ago

You know the one code update i want on MMr that I really want to see on AFMr, the ability to change volume on call-outs separate from the main volume/music. So many are hard to hear and they are AWESOME on both games.

#113 6 years ago

Sure, but a lot of it has to do with getting the assembly line and parts together, and CGC seems to be doing a good job of that.

500 standing orders for MMr's is awesome though.

I'm in for a LE, and its looking like i might get that before i get my money back from the other preorder.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Im not sure of the backstory. I dont know why they dont use the logo actually on the speaker panel. Would look so much better than the virtual one.

It's on here somewhere but basically Williams still makes stuff that isn't pinball I think or something like that. But Bally is fine to use.

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Now there is a dilemma: spend the $400 on the MMr video chip upgrade, or wait until CGC puts together the big display upgrade like on AFMrLE for the MMr. I would hate to spend $400 and throw that away a couple months later with the big display upgrade...

Yeah I already have the color upgrade on MMr... the big display would be cool though if they do make a "kit".

#164 6 years ago

Yup MMr color is great, the graphics are "HD" and then it does a large dot for the scores etc. I'm spoiled with it. Just put a ColorDMD with the LED display in my Road Show, it's just weird compared to MMr.

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

Wow!
I need to upgrade my MMR to color.
That looks awesome!

Yes you do Totally worth the price. My buddy thought it was expensive since it was just the upgrade, but once he saw it, he was like ok that's cool as hell.

I can't wait for AFMr, with the bigger screen, it's going to very nice.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I love what they did with the color MMr! Thanks.
Seriously, after seeing this I want to sell my MM original and get a MMr with bigger screen and color.

You should MMr is better anyways. Better electronics, it's new... etc... You should be able to sell your original and buy a new one and still pocket some cash from the way prices are these days.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

Would be good to see the black and green trims side by side. Have a black trim LE on order but I am warming to green (not enough to change my mind yet though).

Once you go green....

I got green because if figured, if you are going to get an LE, why the hell not.. not because i think it looks better... i'd prefer black to be honest atheistically...

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

As RH stated, the samples are just way too low. I was curious if they did things differently with AFMr.
The volume of the callouts can be raised, but it takes modifying the firmware. I did it for mine, and they sound much better.

On MMr? How did you do that?!

1 week later
#288 6 years ago

Awesome update! Excited about the added artwork and updates to the topper.

#305 6 years ago

There was a cool video showing burn-in they posted too... very exciting to see them shipping...

#313 6 years ago

Lets call them martians instead of aliens

#315 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You mean those green hopper dudes ?
LTG : )

Indeed...

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Yes, please no reference to 'Aliens' in this thread!

Bingo!

#320 6 years ago

Any updates on when production will start on the LE's?

#360 6 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I didn't know that. I think that's great. It's like a loyalty program, very cool. I guess I should come clean and tell you that I own MMR LE 851 and have AFMR LE 851 on order. Also I will be loyal and buy MBR LE 851 if MB is the 3rd game (or 4th). 2017 looks great for pinball (from my eyes).

I own a MMr but not an LE, but that doesn't do anything for me. So that kind of blows even though I am a repeat customer.

#370 6 years ago

I talked with the company I pre-ordered from and it sounds like CGC will be through 100 SE's next week and will begin the LE's shortly after.

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I was told by a distributor yesterday that CGC is finishing up the SEs this week and then onto the LEs. I was also told that CGC is awaiting on parts to finish the toppers and that even though some LEs may be completed that they will not ship until the toppers are completed. Finally, I was told that CGC has not confirmed shipping numbers to any distributors as of yet so that it would be difficult to speculate where anyone falls in line (first or second batch) regarding their preorder.

Yup same info I got, can confirm!

#418 6 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

PPS posted an update on their forum. Looks like CGC is ramping up nicely.
Summary...
AFMR SE games are shipping.
Initial run of SE's to be complete by the end of June.
CGC is focused on QA with at least three stages before shipping.
AFMR LE's first run are expected to shipping early to mid July.
CGC is continuing to ramp up production numbers
Next MMR batch tentatively set for around Mid-Aug

Man I sure hope I'm in the first batch!

#455 6 years ago

Awesome pics and updates. I went and played AFM at one of the local bars. Such a great game and stoked to get my LE.

#462 6 years ago

I would almost argue more care is being taken than was probably done by Stern...

#463 6 years ago

Doug, can you comment on the LE topper? It was mentioned to distributors that you would be making LE's but wouldn't be shipping any until you were satisfied with the topper?

#471 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidMP:

How is it that a post describing delays for my LE makes me happy and excited?
Because Doug does a great job of communicating and CGC seems to be doing excellent quality control. Glad they are going to get more SEs in during the wait for topper parts. Good business strategy to get more machines out quickly. That's best for us all!

Yup, i don't have to worry about what "batch" i'm in, instead i just know it'll be built! yay!

Still sucks for those of us that are a repeat customer (MMr) but just don't have LE MMr.

#472 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Our production output in both quantity and quality has already exceeded our expectations. We are still building up to our targeted output of about 15 games per day and this could still take several more weeks. Because of this success, Doug Duba, owner of CGC, has decided to modify the original schedule. With his newly found confidence in our abilities along with some delays on receiving some custom made parts the topper, we are modify the schedule as such.
• We have parts to build 500 AFMR on the first run. Parts for the second run (1,000 units) have all been released to our vendors and will start arriving in July.
• Instead of building only 100 SE’s, we are now going to build 150 SE’s. By building the additional 50 SE’s it will push us out only two weeks before we dive in to LE production.
• By the time that we have completed the 150, we should be building and testing toppers.
• Our plan is to still build the LE Serial Number Matching Program machines first.
• Once started, we will focus only on LE’s until all have been built.
• When we break to build MMR, we will build only 250 MMR’s instead of the originally announced 500 units. Although we have commitments for well over 400 MMR’s, we are confident that the 250 will take care of the immediate needs rather than the stocking positions some dealers are teeing up for the holiday season. It should take us no more than 3 to 4 weeks to build this quantity.
• While we are building AFM’s, the work cells will be working on sub-assemblies for MMR and visa-versa when we are building MMR’s, we will be building AFMR assemblies.
• Immediately following MMR’s, we will build AFMR strong for many weeks.
• We will break to build another batch of MMR in early to mid-November.
Each game is going through three testing points before it is boxed. We have established a check list that has to be completed on each and every game. I don’t know of a manufacture that is checking, double checking, and triple checking a product before it ships. Like I said earlier, I look forward to hearing from the community on first posts of their “unboxing” experiences. Please understand that we are working our way out of a hole. We have nearly 1,800 pins to build at this time; however, new orders coming in daily. Because we are so behind at the moment, we will not look to introduce our next pin until probably late Q1 of 2018. We also will be introducing a new video game later this year that will become a “have to have” for any players game room.
Thank you again for all your passion and patience as we work our way of this back-order situation.
Best regards.
Doug Skor

You guys are setting the bar, HIGH, compared to other manufacturers. Keep it up and you will get an order from me for every machine you make. This is how it's SUPPOSED TO BE. It's called Customer Service.

#512 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I was reading in the unboxing thread that the GI cannot be customized LED boards are being used instead of LED bulbs. I was really hoping to have a cool white (not warm white) LEDs in my GI. Anyone know if those GI LED boards are cool white or warm white (similar to incandescent)?

If they are the same ones used in MMr, they look great. A traditional cool white would look awful.

#514 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Why do you think a cool white GI would look awful? I personally prefer it.

My opinion i guess, it looks wrong and too harsh. I run warm white faceted in most of my games. Similar to what MMr has. I think the colors are warmer and better with WW than CW.

I have zero complaints about the lightning in MMr.

I will say i run PDI/Roman glass and the difference in colors etc is easily noticed over standard glass.

#570 6 years ago

Does anyone know what motion the topper does? I still don't think i've seen any videos of it in action. I'm assuming the martian moves in someway.

2 weeks later
#717 6 years ago

oh that pic of all the AFMr's waiting for their owners... brings tears to my eyes!

1 week later
#776 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

MMR LIMITED EDITION (LE)
Includes Shaker Motor
Gold or Black or Silver Trim
Game # & Plaque
Finished Backbox Edges
Plywood Bottom (stronger more solid)
STANDARD (STD)
Shaker Motor at optional Cost
Silver Trim
No Game # or Plaque
Unfinished (as original) backbox Edges
Original MDF Bottom

The plywood vs mdf bottom wasn't true... my MMr has plywood (non-LE)

It was trim and plaque and inclusion of shaker... not sure on the backbox trim thing...

#784 6 years ago

Man, sure wish i could just drive down and grab one! I'm only a couple hours away...

1 week later
#884 6 years ago

So obviously these are shipping, and that's EXCITING! Is there any update regarding how many will be produced? Is CGC still taking a break in the middle for MMr, or will the full LE allotment be run?

Now that we are starting to see LE's, i just want mine!

All of the packaging looks great, and I appreciate the wood case for the topper, many companies would have cut corners there, i'm glad to see corners are not being cut.

#896 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Sad Answer: Too Tall, by a mile for my finished basement.
I am on the fence whether to sell the LE topper to some eager SE owner, or just stash it away for a few years when/if I ever sell my AFMr.
Dunno...

If i was buying your LE down the road and you didn't have the topper, i would be pissed/find another one.. something to think about... or your price better be considerably lower for not having the topper..

Leave it in the case it comes in and store it... don't separate from the machine...

#937 6 years ago

Green looks awesome, glad I choose green.

#939 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Green looks pretty cool but the black just fits the game better IMHO.. I went black and I'm not looking back.. enjoy your green.

Opinions are like a--holes... everyone's got one

Just teasing!

#941 6 years ago
Quoted from sofgwhat:

Anyone know the order of shipments? Matching number first, certain colors first or what? I put my down payment for a non-matching number, Green LE back in March when they first announced it and haven't even been contacted to pay the balance yet. Think it's time for an official update.

I talked to my distributor and there thinking like like 3-4 weeks for non-number matching LE's to start having payment collected. So that's what i'm hoping for.

#943 6 years ago
Quoted from sofgwhat:

So 3-4 weeks until they contact you about payment? Because I would think it's another 3-4 weeks for them to ship after you paid. Not trying to be an a$$, just trying to get specifics. Thanks!!!

Yes, sorry 3-4 weeks before they would collect payment.

#946 6 years ago

I believe they thought they would be done shipping the number matching LE's after about 2 weeks. Then it was on to the others. But not sure how many are going where etc. I just hope I'm in the first run and don't have to wait for the 2nd run

#978 6 years ago

Make the display upgrade for MMr and I will buy one as soon as it's available. As i'm sure MANY MANY others will as well.

I already have the HD upgrade, bigger display? I'm in!

Great update and communication from CGC again as always. Just hope i'm in the first 500 batch!

1 month later
#1197 6 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

So just as a follow up on the "will the kids notice the new LE box" experiment.... my son finally noticed the LE box in the basement after a few weeks, asked what it was, I told him, he says "oh", and turns around and walks off. I guess this happens when kids grow up with a basement arcade. I still need room to unpack it and unfortunately the gentleman I'm selling some basement games to had some hurricane Harvey issues (house in Rockport, TX) so I told him to just take care of his business and no rush on picking up the games. May be a while before I get to unpack it.

I'll take that off your hands if your too busy to unbox it. Cannot believe you've had it sitting in a box for weeks, that's insane!

1 week later
#1223 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I know it has been asked but will MMr owners be given the option to upgrade to the new large (AFMr style) color display?

It was mentioned awhile back that they would look into it. Said it was complicated, but they were going to look into it/planned on releasing it at some point I believe.

#1230 6 years ago

Sort of happy for you guys over there and sort of not

I'm 2 hours away from CGC and still waiting on my LE...

1 month later
#1288 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

I'm down the street from Hemisphere Amusements, they said production is supposed to kick backup on 11/13 and they should start receiving shipments soon after that.

Awesome... this wait is killing me!!

Playing it at Pinball Expo didn't help, just made me want mine that much more, THAT SCREEN!

#1303 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Pm me your name and I can look it up for ya
JJ

I assume you are looking at your allocation of machines? As in any dealer should have the same information?

#1308 6 years ago

Got my call this morning from Game Room Guys!!!!! SO FRICKEN PUMPED!

#1310 6 years ago

Got LE #458 all unboxed today. Fantastic job CGC. I had to move the control board for the topper but otherwise no issues.

#1312 6 years ago

My game has a F8 switch warning, which looks like "upper left flip opto" but i don't see a location listed in the manual. Where is that opto located? Hoping it's just in need some tweaking, otherwise I'll open a ticket for CGC support.

Thanks in advance.

#1313 6 years ago

BTW here is the connector i had issues with. It was about 1" too short. We pulled the topper off and snipped all the wires ties to get any available room and it was still short, so we moved the board. FYI for CGC.

IMG_0050 (resized).jpgIMG_0050 (resized).jpg

#1317 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

That's absolutely ridiculous it was so far off. Don't they check these things? I guess I never bought a NIB machine but if mine comes with all sorts of problems I'll be pretty irritated.

Not sure... it was a simple fix so i don't mind. Compare a new CGC versus a Stern or anything else, not even close to how they are delivered. CGC does a fantastic job on the packaging.

#1322 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

One of two optos on the flipper button opto board.

Thanks, the error went away after a couple days, never got around to digging into it, but haven't seen it in the last couple boot ups.

#1323 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Thanks, the error went away after a couple days, never got around to digging into it, but haven't seen it in the last couple boot ups.

Just kidding have an F6 and F8 error now...

#1325 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sounds like the opto interrupter isn't doing a good job. May need adjusting or bending.

I looked at the boards, it's all plastic, so not sure how much bending I can do. Any other ideas or should i open a ticket on it?

#1327 6 years ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

When do you anticipate switching production back to the AFM special edition? Put my deposit in for one over Thanksgiving break.
Thanks!

Once they finish the remaining 500 LE's i would imagine, unless they run more MMr.

4 weeks later
#1346 6 years ago

Awesome on the shooter plunger.

The minute I can pre-order the screen for MMr you will have my money!

#1351 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

However, we are going to ask that all customers immediately return their software settings to DEFAULT. We have found that if you are using the lower range of settings that it is likely that you will blow one of the FET’s on the Solenoid Driver Board.

In regards to changing coil power? Like pops, slings, and flippers? I assume other things are fine?

1 week later
#1395 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Doug, has the ball trajectory fix been posted? I can't seem to find it if it has...

If you open a ticket they will send the PDF to you. However it's also been posted in the owners thread and the technical thread.

1 month later
#1467 6 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

Good evening Doug! Just a quick question about MMr; do you see CGC doing subsequent runs down the road if the demand is there?

Pretty sure they have proven the answer to that is yes and they have done multiple runs already.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrisnack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update?tu=chrisnack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.