pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #392 Report of AFMR SE delivery! Posted by sandersj (6 years ago)

Post #431 Update from CGC on latest shipping, and details on packaging changes Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #522 Nifty LED information on cool white LED's for AFMR Posted by NiftyLED (6 years ago)

Post #613 Update from Doug on AFMR build status. LE's now in production. Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #711 Production update Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #777 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #820 AFM LE delivered! Posted by kidchrisso (6 years ago)

Post #1157 September 1st Update from CGC Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 6 years ago

You could always stick a 25lb plate inside the cabinet to give it that heavier feel.

#42 6 years ago

Is there going to be an option added to turn off the back box lighting for strobe multi-ball? That would be a nice easy feature to add.

#61 6 years ago

I'm in early on this, so hopefully I'm in the first wave before they go back to MMR. I need me some AFM!

1 week later
#88 6 years ago

Thanks for the update Doug. Since your here, I'm going to ask a question from earlier. Is there any plan to add an option for dimming or shutting off the backbox lights during strobe mutliball (sort of like the blackout mod)? This would be a nice feature to add as a simple software enhancement.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

What you don’t know is that Doug Watson was also involved in creating some playfield back panel artwork as well. I am not going show any images of this, because I want to keep you all in suspense. However, it will be installed on the very first machine out of our building. I know you’re going to love it.

This is a nice surprise. I was thinking I was going to have to purchase one since I wasn't content with the plain black, now that issue is resolved. I'm hoping this will be first game that I will not have to add any mods to.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Oops, we added this a few months ago to the code and may have forgotten to even mention this. Yes, you will have this option available in the settings.

Awesome! Thanks!!

#116 6 years ago

Hey is that the backboard art that's going on them? Can you get a clearer picture?

#119 6 years ago

It looks great! I think CGC nailed it overall.

At this point the only thing I'd be tempted to add is possibly the 3d translite.

3 weeks later
#325 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Early, on Saturday March 25th. As soon as it was available for preorder I believe.

That's early. Its hard to understand how you ended up 2/3 down the list, enough to miss the first 500 batch.

#327 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

That's what I thought as well. I intentionally switched distros this time around (for AFMLE) because I had preordered Ghostbusters Premium on announcement day with my previous distributor and didn't end up getting it until late October (7 months later).

Yah I hope I get mine in the first batch. I hate long waits. 6-12 months of waiting gives me too much time to change my mind.

1 week later
#497 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

LOL the complaining about the door

To make everyone happy - impossible

There will always be something to nitpick.

#511 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I was reading in the unboxing thread that the GI cannot be customized LED boards are being used instead of LED bulbs. I was really hoping to have a cool white (not warm white) LEDs in my GI. Anyone know if those GI LED boards are cool white or warm white (similar to incandescent)?

You can change them. You'll just need to do a bit of soldering. It'll likely void the warranty though.

#519 6 years ago

I wonder if you could use LED filters to cool the warm color?

#526 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Nifty LED will be selling this bulb immediately in Cool White

I have a feeling you're going to sell a bunch of these.

#543 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

To offer a protector the offers no protection is stupid

Exactly. I'm hoping this is just a one-off issue and not a sign of ineptitude.

#571 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Does anyone know what motion the topper does

He bounces up and down similar to the playfield versions.

1 week later
#615 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

There are eighteen(18) 1 watt lamps on this board, very powerful LED’s. Our software team is already working on a control whereby the owner can adjust the brightness of the strobe lamp board. However, It would be helpful if we could identify any AFMR SE owners that also have side-by-side with the original 1995 version of AFM.

Doug,
First I would like to say thank you for setting the bar in responding to questions and concerns. I wish other manufactures would follow your lead here.

As to the strobe issue. I believe the hopeful expectation for most of us is something similar to this. At 4:13

However, I do realize that Bigd likely has his upgraded from the original and it is awesome. **Correction-His is an original.** The AFMR video out there shows just a dark playfield with a very timid blinking light in the back.
Look at 14:07

I think expectations for one of the most applauded features in pinball were a bit greater than what we see in the AFMR video. If it could be a little more strobe lighting and a little less plain dark playfield, most will be pacified.

#619 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Mine is still a original stobe bulb. I have a upgraded one from pinbits that i haven't installed bc the original works so well imo.. After seeing what afmr uses id guess maybe its the direction its facing (downward i believe)? The original light spans out in every direction bc of the type of bulb used.

Thanks for pointing out that yours is still original. I wonder if simply tilting the board face forward slightly would make a difference? That would at least push the flashing effect a bit further across the playfield.

#622 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please send him the links in a Pinside PM. He may not get back to this thread soon.

Done

1 week later
#675 6 years ago

Can anyone else with a new SE confirm this issue or is this a one off?

#680 6 years ago

The reason its better to not to be in the first shipments.
As long as they fix it before they ship mine out...

#713 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

I know everyone wants there games now, however, that is simply is not possible. We are going to ship in most orderly fashion and we appreciate everyone’s patience in advance. Keep in mind that do not have a window in to our dealers orders or shipping priorities. We release machines to our dealers and they send us shipping arrangements.

Thanks for the update as always.
Feel free to take your time getting mine if it means getting it perfect. I'm a little concerned as others are regarding the cabinet splitting issues that have surfaced over the past few days. I'm sure you are working on this now with the open tickets, but was surprised there was no mention in the update. I would rather it be corrected in the factory then at my home.

#715 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

That HUGE stack of assembled LE's brought happy tears to my eyes, beautiful.

Yes indeed. So did this bit of news.

Quoted from CGC_DougS:

allow the owner to have four different settings on the strobe lamp. For those of you that were concerned about the brightness, that subject will be closed. Set it at your own risk.

#723 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Oh, and *ahem* CGC, if you're reading this, I think it would be a REALLY cool idea to eventually release a mini-saucer upgrade kit to purchase for us humble SE and Classic owners

You should have picked up an LE man, its not like they are sold out.

I agree though. The mini saucers are badass and the main thing that pulled me into the purchase of an LE.

#725 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Wasn't in love with topper

I'll bet you could've sold that topper for a couple hundred without too many problems, but still, you would have been in for $500 for the mini saucer light effects. Kinda mucho

#733 6 years ago

Wow! Thats great to hear. I don't think we have anything to worry about. Really looking forward to my LE.

#744 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Im also curious how a dark red would look, it might also be nice.

If they had that as a option, that's what I would have went with. I agree that the black is too Stern Pro/Prem to me. I already have several games with black, so I went green to have it stand out. I think the green looks much better then I originally gave it credit for.

#760 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I don't even need that. The only reasons I went LE are the mini saucer LEDs and the green trim. The delays are for stuff I really don't care about. If they sell these after the fact for SE owners, I will have made a big mistake.

Here's where I stand on this. I really don't mind them selling LE features for premium\SE games as add-ons, the problem I have is when this is done after orders and payments have been taken for LEs. This all needs to be communicated in the very beginning, so that everyone has a chance to make the best decision possible on what model they would like based on what's offered. Otherwise I would likely refrain from purchasing the LE in the future with the assumption that I could "ala carte" the SE later with LE features and save a few bucks. I also purchased the LE specifically for the mini saucer lights. The other parts of the LE was simply icing for me personally.

Obviously - CGC has made no mention to doing this, so is all just discussion at this point.

#800 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Nope, I wire transferred the $ two weeks ago and then my distro stopped returning my emails. I don't know what's going on...

Its always a little unnerving when a company (or person) goes dark on you after they have all your cash. I would be finding a new distro to use for future purchases. Life is too short to deal with that sort of BS.

#806 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I just got a call out of the blue that my AFMRLE is being delivered TODAY!!!! Happy Monday to me

Very nice. I'm hoping I can get a call like that.

#829 6 years ago

That's packing done right. They shouldn't get any back for being damaged in transit. Its probably a good idea to keep the box in case you sell someday and have to ship it to another collector.

#851 6 years ago

That black does look nice. I'm hoping green looks that good.

#858 6 years ago

I've been waiting for the cool whites to be in stock in qty 35. Ordered!

#979 6 years ago

I just ran into my first major issue with CGC and its a big one. There's still no tracking number in my inbox! An empty spot in the gameroom and no AFMLE sitting there.

#1011 6 years ago

Those games look great together. Congrats!

#1038 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I love AFM and the remake is tempting, but the 'upgrades' don't do anything for me, couldn't care less about the topper either.

Sounds like the classic version would be the one for you to get. You still get brand new everything, but without all the upgrades.

#1040 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

A classic afmr with color will still be around 7200 shipped. I found a beautiful unfaded original with lots of upgrades for alot less. So depending on what u want there are lots of options.... good luck its a great game.

Very true. I was assuming that he was particularly interested in the remake or he would have already picked up an original by now.

2 weeks later
#1120 6 years ago

After a full week of ownership, I can say the game is sweet! I'm not sure what other remakes I would buy, since I didn't plan on buying this one. It's really going to depend on what CGC does to improve it like they did with AFMR LE.

4 months later
#1363 6 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

No, that's not right. Should be a fast color changing sequence.

That what mine does.

#1365 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Can you show a video please

Here you go. As you can see, my lights rotate smoothly changing colors between red, green, and blue. The one in the above video appears to get stuck on a few lights at times instead of a smooth rotation. I think there is something wrong with the LED board on that one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.99
$ 29.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update?tu=bigdaddy07 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.