Topic Stats

• 1,551 posts
  • 236 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by dzoomer
  • Topic is favorited by 128 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 196 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

73e88997f61c990ac6bab5468d83bcef8b303cab (resized).png
IMG-9504 (resized).JPG
IMG_5099 (resized).JPG
IMG_5100 (resized).JPG
624FDB9C-BB85-45EA-B810-BCF205E7E28D (resized).jpeg
93A09089-DC9E-4FFC-9E6A-1AA5B564D06F (resized).jpeg
IMG_0050 (resized).jpg
IMG_0964 (resized).JPG
IMG_0963 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #392 Report of AFMR SE delivery! Posted by sandersj (2 years ago)

Post #431 Update from CGC on latest shipping, and details on packaging changes Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #522 Nifty LED information on cool white LED's for AFMR Posted by NiftyLED (2 years ago)

Post #613 Update from Doug on AFMR build status. LE's now in production. Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #711 Production update Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #777 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #820 AFM LE delivered! Posted by kidchrisso (2 years ago)

Post #1157 September 1st Update from CGC Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #1175 Production update from CGC including game #3 launch targets! Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Post #1214 Pre-Expo production update from Doug at CGC Posted by CGC_DougS (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aukraut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#117 2 years ago

Wow!!! Nice looking AFMr......wait.....there is a Bally Logo allowed on AFMr and Williams was NOT allowed on MMr?????

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Rick has a post on the AFMR section of his forum that CGC is looking into doing this. Display, cables, software, etc.
LTG : )

Now there is a dilemma: spend the $400 on the MMr video chip upgrade, or wait until CGC puts together the big display upgrade like on AFMrLE for the MMr. I would hate to spend $400 and throw that away a couple months later with the big display upgrade...

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's because they're using the original uncompressed voice files - unfortunately they're mixed a little different. It's good that AFMr has audio settings. Hopefully there will be an update that allows MMr to do the same. Although honestly it's just the various "Castle bosses" that are too low. The princesses, trolls...all the other levels are fine IMO

Agreed!

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

The MMr firmware is composed of a couple linux images that are loaded up onto the beaglebone. If you're crafty, you can extract the images from the firmware file, and mount them on to your filesystem. Once mounted, you can directly access the sample files. I ran them through a program that increases the volume of the callouts. You can also enable the profanity callout if you wanted to as well.

"crafty" => Stuff wives get at HobbyLobby or Michael's to make artsy fartsy crap

"techy" => extracting linux images from the beaglebone and accessing the sample files

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

C'mon Doug and Rick! Official fix release please!

Amen!!!!

1 month later
#432 2 years ago

I *LOVE* it when a company actually listens to their customers AND keeps them informed on latest developments......AWESOME!!!!

#475 2 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

I'm hoping MMR is updated with the bigger display as rumored. I'm holding out for that now; I was looking at other currently available MMR options.

Me too!!! Doug, can you give us a little more news on this or is it just a rumor?? My MMR is longing for the nice big display the AFMR has......

#477 2 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

A Special Edition MMr with the large display would be a great option for future buyers...

True, but us present MMR owners would love the availability of an upgrade kit as well!

#534 2 years ago
Quoted from Plunger069:

Huge surprise today. Both my AFMr SE, and my MMR will be delivered to my house next week. What a way to start the weekend. Thanks Game Exchange of Colorado! JJ and his team ROCK.

Awesome....Congrats!!

Quoted from Plunger069:

The downside - Hamburger Helper for the next year.

cousineddie (resized).jpg

1 week later
#648 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That is a darn good question as I know a young person that sliced his finger up pretty good on one. And find it hard to believe the question was ignored as was the problem when brought up on the first remake. But plenty of response about hole protectors.
Maybe they will be sending out a finger repair kit?

Quoted from Plunger069:

Problem still exists on MMr. Just cut my thumb on the side rail yesterday. This machine was built on 6-21-17

Had the same problem on my MMr. Find your nearest hobby shop that carries model railroading supplies. Get an abrasive track cleaner called a "Bright Boy". Rub it along the sharp edges and it will remove them, but be careful not to rub the artwork, it will remove it.

3 weeks later
#825 2 years ago

Check out that 7 ply plywood used for protecting the topper.........

#926 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They really knocked it out of the park. And getting the assembly line up to speed fast and number of units built daily.
I get a woodie thinking about other remakes in the future and what they'll look like with big screens, light shows, and unique toppers and anything else they add.
LTG : )

Ain't that the truth.....I know WMS made to many of them to be considered for a Remake, but a modern TZ with all the features of the prototype.....sigh.....

3 months later
#1299 2 years ago

Thanks for the update Doug!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mequon, WI
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aukraut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside