pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #392 Report of AFMR SE delivery! Posted by sandersj (6 years ago)

Post #431 Update from CGC on latest shipping, and details on packaging changes Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #522 Nifty LED information on cool white LED's for AFMR Posted by NiftyLED (6 years ago)

Post #613 Update from Doug on AFMR build status. LE's now in production. Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #711 Production update Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #777 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #820 AFM LE delivered! Posted by kidchrisso (6 years ago)

Post #1157 September 1st Update from CGC Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Oops, we added this a few months ago to the code and may have forgotten to even mention this. Yes, you will have this option available in the settings.

Dang, you guys are really on the ball on this one!

Is there a chance we'll see a code update for MMr? There were rumblings about it a while ago...but I haven't heard anything since. It would be great to have some audio options to make the "Castle Bosses" voices louder and there were a few bits here and there that were uncolored on the DMD.

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So I wonder why they don't have the logo printed on the speaker panel, even on the classic edition with the small screen. Seems odd.
It's not on the translite either.

Maybe the logo will have some animation effects or something cool like that?

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Could do, but doesn't explain why it's not on the translite.

Just a theory - they can't use the Bally/Williams logos because B/W don't want to then to be seen as their products....they don't want to be contacted concerning questions and service. Perhaps there's a "Home" and "Arcade" setting? Home shows the Bally logo and Arcade gets rid of it or shows the CGC logo. Maybe? Just a theory!

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

They would also have to re-do the animations and video artwork to make it hi-res like the AFMr.
That would be EPIC!

It already is. The only difference with AFMr is the screen size. Resolution is the same. All MMr would need is a speaker panel kit w/ the big monitor to swap in. The artists wouldn't have to do anything.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I don't think that's correct as the newer (bigger) display has new animations at a higher resolution. It's more detailed.

Have you seen MMr color? It's more detailed, smaller dots. If you get an AFMr "Classic" Edition - you can upgrade to the color dots...they're the same dots that are on the big monitor. It's literally the same concept of watching something on a small TV or a big TV. Resolution can be the same on any size monitor.

25.jpg25.jpg

For example. You can look at this MMR image on your phone - or on your computer - or on a projector screen. Same art, same resolution, different size display.

#167 6 years ago

The new AFMr animations have been completely redrawn at 4X the pixel density.
They are completely new and very will done.
I dont know if MMr went thru the same treatment, if it did then thats awesome!
It is true that you could get away with a big dot display of the same old thing but, the way they handled AFMr with completely redrawing all the animations is just stunningi
http://www.chicago-gaming.com/afm.php
Take a look half way down the page you will see what I mean. There is a comparison there.

They did the SAME EXACT THING on MMR! lol ....srsly, believe me.

Dragon_After (resized).pngDragon_After (resized).png
Dragon_Before (resized).pngDragon_Before (resized).png
MM_after (resized).pngMM_after (resized).png
MM_before (resized).pngMM_before (resized).png
Mob_After (resized).pngMob_After (resized).png
Mob_Before (resized).pngMob_Before (resized).png
Peasants_After (resized).pngPeasants_After (resized).png
Peasants_Before (resized).pngPeasants_Before (resized).png

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Love those "32-bity" graphics! So beautiful and so much character. Wish Stern would have gone with that for their LCD, I'm not fond of the generic "smartphone" HD graphics everything ends up looking bland to me for some reason.

Agreed. Pinball is inherently retro, and retro graphics are "in"....hey just have a charm about them! Granted, I love the display on my Hobbit - but I still love my ColorDMD graphics and the style that CGC is doing as well!

#180 6 years ago

I love what they did with the color MMr! Thanks.
Seriously, after seeing this I want to sell my MM original and get a MMr with bigger screen and color.

I wonder if they'll offer the bigger screen on any newly built MMrs. Rick said they want to do it as a kit for current owners...but installed at the factory - I think that would definitely sell more units.

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Y is this? I played a few afmrs and mmrs at allentown and the callouts were lower than the music and sound effects? Im sure it can be adjusted tho.....

It's because they're using the original uncompressed voice files - unfortunately they're mixed a little different. It's good that AFMr has audio settings. Hopefully there will be an update that allows MMr to do the same. Although honestly it's just the various "Castle bosses" that are too low. The princesses, trolls...all the other levels are fine IMO

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I'd love to, but got nastygrams from Rick when I offered to release it before. Talks about how I would violate IP and all that fun stuff. CGC has the script and knows how to fix it.
I bring this up every once in awhile to gently prod them into releasing a proper fix. It's been 10 months and still nothing.

C'mon Doug and Rick! Official fix release please!

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Doubt it but maybe the bill ung kit cld work?

It's more likely that a kit would be sold. Bill's kit works off of WPC'95 hardware. AFMr doesn't have that hardware.

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Good news! If that's true, I'll get one. Thanks!

The only difference between an original & remake MM and AFM are the PCBs & wiring. Pretty much everything else is the same.

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I would assume much improved wiring and pcb's?

Depends who you ask. New tech vs. purists. I've had my MMr for 2 years. Zero issues with the electronics. The advantage of the new hardware are bonuses like uncompressed sound and new higher rez color dots.

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

So you have an MMr...Did you experience any issues with fading inserts or something like that at all? I read about that somewhere. Thanks!

Some people weren't happy with the darkness of the text on the inserts - that's what that was about. Nothing to do with the tech. My playfield looks good. I'm happy with it.

1 week later
#298 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

O wow even the dome flashers are leds .... i figured you wld be able to customize them at least.

You can - put a different colored dome on lol. That's what I did on my MMr. I put some green domes and some purple domes on. Looks killer when the green flashes for the trolls popping up.

2 weeks later
#484 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

You guys are a breath of fresh air that is long overdue to this hobby. Thank you for the way you have been going about it!

Agreed - as a person who has vowed to never buy NIB again based on how things have been going over the past few years with pinball companies, including some beefs I had with CGC, I would consider breaking my vow purely based on how I've seen Doug & CGC handle AFMr. From the friendly communication, listening to people's suggestions and promptly implementing them, sharing production updates and pictures, to people already getting and enjoying their games - it's absolutely refreshing and how things should be done. It shows CGC has learned, grown, and wants to be in this for the long term.

1 month later
#984 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I feel my MMR flippers have a slight delay/ soft feel to them, like 1/10 of a second....it's weird. AFMR's are nice and snappy like Stern or JJP flippers. Stern had quality issues when they early in the release. I just noticed on my Merlin plastic, I was missing a nut....just stupid things like that makes a difference.

Your MMR might have been made with the wrong size flipper plunger. Many of them shipped with plungers that were 1/8 longer than they should be - and that caused a lot of the "this feels off" comments. Get some new plungers and swap out your old ones. I did this, and it has that proper snappy stock feeling.

#989 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Do you has a link on which one I should get to replace? Thanks Rarehero!!

The story I heard is they had leftover plungers from Vacation America that were labeled with the correct B/W part #, but were actually a tad longer. Sure enough when I replaced mine - I could see that the old ones were longer, which means the flipper won't flip as high as it should.

You may have the right ones, but if they feel "off", I bet you got the bad ones and it's worth the $13 gamble to try these IMO:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15848-L
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15848-R

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.00
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update?tu=Rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.