pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 32.
#401 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If they did it. I'd like to see two versions. Original, and one with white mountains and snow monster instead of brown mountains and big foot.
LTG : )

bumble_03 (resized).jpgbumble_03 (resized).jpg

#402 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And how many years ago was that ? And Raul Julia was still alive, his estate's prices have gone up since then.

The Roger Sharpe article was 2014, and Pinball Arcade got the TAF rights in ~ 2015 (a good 20 years after he died!) Pinball Arcade's costs may or may not be similar to real world pinball licensing, of course, but for reference, their TZ kickstarter (stated purpose: cover licensing costs) had a goal of $55k, and the Addams Family kickstarter had a goal of $97k. If PPS could land in that ballpark (and hopefully they can do better since they already own the B/W rights) that would seem tolerable in the context of a multi-million dollar pinball production.

That's all speculation, of course, my main point is that, based on what Roger Sharpe and some of the Pinsiders that deal with licensing in their work lives have said, many of us tend to over-estimate how much it costs to secure licenses for pinball games.

#403 6 years ago

NIB TAFr? Shut up and take my money!

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If they did it. I'd like to see two versions. Original, and one with white mountains and snow monster instead of brown mountains and big foot.

Fun idea

#405 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

NIB TAFr? Shut up and take my money!

That would sell like freaking crazy!

#406 6 years ago

Guys I just got a email Regarding my order for MMR, looks like its shipping before my AFMR Le ( supposedly in the next 3 to 4 weeks at best ) So does this mean the STERN did fulfill some orders on these???

20170616_181408 (resized).png20170616_181408 (resized).png

#407 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Guys I just got a email Regarding my order for MMR, looks like its shipping before my AFMR Le ( supposedly in the next 3 to 4 weeks at best ) So does this mean the STERN did fulfill some orders on these???

Someone confirmed above that they received a CGC MMR, so they've already been making them ...

EDIT: could have sworn I read this but now can't find the post - I appologize if I was spreading bad info.

#408 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There you go. If they did that I could keep my original AND the remake.

#409 6 years ago

The latest video that Stern posted a few days ago showed MMr still in production.

#410 6 years ago

Any word on Chicago Gaming possibly making MMr's with the large display like AFMr LE?

#411 6 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Any word on Chicago Gaming possibly making MMr's with the large display like AFMr LE?

Talk. Nothing yet, either way.

#412 6 years ago

PPS posted an update on their forum. Looks like CGC is ramping up nicely.

Summary...

AFMR SE games are shipping.

Initial run of SE's to be complete by the end of June.

CGC is focused on QA with at least three stages before shipping.

AFMR LE's first run are expected to shipping early to mid July.

CGC is continuing to ramp up production numbers

Next MMR batch tentatively set for around Mid-Aug

#413 6 years ago

So it looks like 2nd batch of AFMLE would be September/October based on that timeline.

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

So it looks like 2nd batch of AFMLE would be September/October based on that timeline.

Doug effectively confirmed that recently to me when I asked him about CE's. He said they'd done with the 2nd run of LE's with shipping early October.

#415 6 years ago

I'm so glad these are hitting the market. I hope I see them everywhere. I want one.

#416 6 years ago

Christmas time for the lowly Classics at best?

#417 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Christmas time for the lowly Classics at best?

Doug told me they'd be shipping to Australia late September/early October... so I'd imagine US folk would get CE's well before Xmas.

#418 6 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

PPS posted an update on their forum. Looks like CGC is ramping up nicely.
Summary...
AFMR SE games are shipping.
Initial run of SE's to be complete by the end of June.
CGC is focused on QA with at least three stages before shipping.
AFMR LE's first run are expected to shipping early to mid July.
CGC is continuing to ramp up production numbers
Next MMR batch tentatively set for around Mid-Aug

Man I sure hope I'm in the first batch!

#419 6 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

I just set up an AFMR SE on location. Working 100% right out of the box. Good looking machine.

Just as a follow up, game worked great all weekend in heavy play (forget to get a game count audit) but I had to make a slight flipper angle adjustment and tweak the motor bank so it wouldn't trap balls. Came with coin mechs, a huge plus.

#420 6 years ago

Just got the email. My game shipped today!

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Just got the email. My game shipped today!

How awesome. Please let us know how it plays out of the box.

#422 6 years ago

Just received my final invoice for my AMFRLE. Getting pretty excited to get my pin. Seems like CGC is got their act together.

#423 6 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

Just received my final invoice for my AMFRLE. Getting pretty excited to get my pin. Seems like CGC is got their act together.

It would be helpful if people mentioned what distributor they bought their LE from, and if it was a matching serial number order. That would give others an idea of when they might expect theirs.

#424 6 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

It would be helpful if people mentioned what distributor they bought their LE from, and if it was a matching serial number order. That would give others an idea of when they might expect theirs.

I bought it right from Planetary Pinball and I do have a matching MMr. No delivery date yet just final billing.

#425 6 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

And choice of trim color (if they are doing games in batches of trim color)

#426 6 years ago
Quoted from robbo105:

And choice of trim color (if they are doing games in batches of trim color)

The email just ask me to verify my MMr number and trim color. I had chose black.

#427 6 years ago

I don't think i have ever wanted someone to contact me saying I need to give them $8000 before. It is a very weird feeling. I am checking my email often these days.

#428 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I don't think i have ever wanted someone to contact me saying I need to give them $8000 before.

What is your email?

#429 6 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

I bought it right from Planetary Pinball and I do have a matching MMr. No delivery date yet just final billing.

I am getting anxious waiting for PPS to contact me for my balance. I ordered directly through them as well... What date did you actually order? I ordered mine at noon on March 25th...

#430 6 years ago
Quoted from DSL_:

I am getting anxious waiting for PPS to contact me for my balance. I ordered directly through them as well... What date did you actually order? I ordered mine at noon on March 25th...

My sales order was on 3/24/17 so it shouldn't be long for you.

#431 6 years ago

Very pleased on how things are progressing here at CGC. I would like to think that soon we’ll all start to see a whole bunch of “Unboxing” posts for AFMR. Many of these games are getting or soon will be shipped.
• There was a slight hold on shipping last week as we were putting the last few edits to the AFMR Owner’s Manual. Soon I hope to be posting the manual on the CGC website for all to review in advance. The manuals are now being mass produced by our printer and quantities are showing up at our facility.
• As per request of our customer, we will no longer be packing the leg bolts in the cashbox as Williams and Bally did back in the day. The leg bolts will now be found fully screwed in to the cabinet. As you unpack the game, simply unscrew the bolts and attach the legs with the same bolts.
• We also believe we have the best pallet in the industry. The size has been increased and built to be a lot stronger, this should greatly reduce the possibility of freight damage. This pallet will be used for all shipments with the exception of ocean going containers, where no pallet is used at all.
• Please Follow us on Facebook, where I will be posting more videos and pictures. I think you will like the box loading video I just added. When I come up for air, I'll add more. https://www.facebook.com/chicagogamingcompany/

A lot of time is being spent on the details. Although nothing is perfect, we really are trying to achieve it. We are grateful for your excitement around what we are doing at CGC and will have more information to share in the near future.

Regards,

Doug Skor

2017-06-19 11.33.17 (resized).jpg2017-06-19 11.33.17 (resized).jpg

2017-06-19 08.56.19 (resized).jpg2017-06-19 08.56.19 (resized).jpg

#432 6 years ago

I *LOVE* it when a company actually listens to their customers AND keeps them informed on latest developments......AWESOME!!!!

#433 6 years ago

I'm excited and I don't even have one on order

#434 6 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

I'm excited and I don't even have one on order

What are you waiting for.

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from DSL_:

Check your spam...I just found my payment balance invoice there today

#436 6 years ago

Love reading Dougs updates.
Keep em coming.

#437 6 years ago

Delivery set up for Friday. Dentist appointment on Thursday ><
Ill post pictures when I unbox. Thanks to Rick and Sara at PPS.

#438 6 years ago

Thanks for the updates!

holy crap I'm trying to save my money.

#439 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Very pleased on how things are progressing here at CGC. I would like to think that soon we’ll all start to see a whole bunch of “Unboxing” posts for AFMR. Many of these games are getting or soon will be shipped.
• There was a slight hold on shipping last week as we were putting the last few edits to the AFMR Owner’s Manual. Soon I hope to be posting the manual on the CGC website for all to review in advance. The manuals are now being mass produced by our printer and quantities are showing up at our facility.
• As per request of our customer, we will no longer be packing the leg bolts in the cashbox as Williams and Bally did back in the day. The leg bolts will now be found fully screwed in to the cabinet. As you unpack the game, simply unscrew the bolts and attach the legs with the same bolts.
• We also believe we have the best pallet in the industry. The size has been increased and built to be a lot stronger, this should greatly reduce the possibility of freight damage. This pallet will be used for all shipments with the exception of ocean going containers, where no pallet is used at all.
• Please Follow us on Facebook, where I will be posting more videos and pictures. I think you will like the box loading video I just added. When I come up for air, I'll add more. https://www.facebook.com/chicagogamingcompany/
A lot of time is being spent on the details. Although nothing is perfect, we really are trying to achieve it. We are grateful for your excitement around what we are doing at CGC and will have more information to share in the near future.
Regards,
Doug Skor

Doug, are the AFMr side rails as dangerously sharp as the MMr ones were?

#440 6 years ago

Chicago Gaming FACORY VISIT today !

Great to see the new AFMR production line and how smooth it is. Games are being made, tested, boxed up ! A few went into boxes just as we were standing there chatting with our hosts ! They are going to be flying off the line !

Are YOU lined up to get your AFMR yet ?

If not, email Joe at [email protected]. We have a few AFMR Specials IN STOCK ready to ship !

Classic $ 6,500
Special $ 7,300
Limited Edition LE $ 8,000
All pricing plus shipping

IMG_3730 (resized).JPGIMG_3730 (resized).JPG
IMG_3731 (resized).JPGIMG_3731 (resized).JPG
IMG_3732 (resized).JPGIMG_3732 (resized).JPG
IMG_3733 (resized).JPGIMG_3733 (resized).JPG
IMG_3736 (resized).JPGIMG_3736 (resized).JPG
IMG_3737 (resized).JPGIMG_3737 (resized).JPG
IMG_3738 (resized).JPGIMG_3738 (resized).JPG
IMG_3739 (resized).JPGIMG_3739 (resized).JPG
IMG_3741 (resized).JPGIMG_3741 (resized).JPG
IMG_3740 (resized).JPGIMG_3740 (resized).JPG
IMG_3742 (resized).JPGIMG_3742 (resized).JPG
IMG_3743 (resized).JPGIMG_3743 (resized).JPG

IMG_3745 (resized).JPGIMG_3745 (resized).JPG
IMG_3746 (resized).JPGIMG_3746 (resized).JPG
IMG_3748 (resized).JPGIMG_3748 (resized).JPG
IMG_3749 (resized).JPGIMG_3749 (resized).JPG
IMG_3751 (resized).JPGIMG_3751 (resized).JPG
IMG_3752 (resized).JPGIMG_3752 (resized).JPG
IMG_3753 (resized).JPGIMG_3753 (resized).JPG
IMG_3754 (resized).JPGIMG_3754 (resized).JPG
IMG_3756 (resized).JPGIMG_3756 (resized).JPG
IMG_3755 (resized).JPGIMG_3755 (resized).JPG
IMG_3757 (resized).JPGIMG_3757 (resized).JPG
IMG_3758 (resized).JPGIMG_3758 (resized).JPG
IMG_3760 (resized).JPGIMG_3760 (resized).JPG
IMG_3759 (resized).JPGIMG_3759 (resized).JPG
IMG_3761 (resized).JPGIMG_3761 (resized).JPG
IMG_3763 (resized).JPGIMG_3763 (resized).JPG
IMG_3762 (resized).JPGIMG_3762 (resized).JPG
IMG_3767 (resized).JPGIMG_3767 (resized).JPG

#441 6 years ago

Just got invoiced for AFMr LE #669 in Green!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!

#442 6 years ago

This thread is really making me anxious for this game!

#443 6 years ago

Just got my invoice too. Psyched!!! Love the pictures, keep them coming!!!

#444 6 years ago

I just got the invoice for my AFM LE 851. BTW big smile on my face

#445 6 years ago

Are you guys all mmr original owners?

#446 6 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

I own MMR LE 851.

#447 6 years ago

I got my invoice too. Green LE. Also original MMr owner. Direct from PPS

#448 6 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Yes I own a MMr LE and ordered directly through PPS as well...

#449 6 years ago

Got my invoice and sent my check in today for my LE. Super excited.

#450 6 years ago

Certainly exciting to see this thread on fire.
Wish I had my email for payment. But very excited for you guys that did.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.