pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 32.
#301 6 years ago

CGC_DougS could you comment on the possibility of whether the lighting kits for saucers that are currently LE only are likely to be available as kits?

Since third party kits are so wildly popular in AFM and RFM, it seems like a missed opportunity if not.

#302 6 years ago

Terrific to see this communication from Doug and Rick your customers really appreciate this effort terrific PR
Thank you

#303 6 years ago

From Facebook...

af39011_1518360264881980_3283431705237205915_n (resized).jpgaf39011_1518360264881980_3283431705237205915_n (resized).jpg

af921945_1518354724882534_1304826125239225720_n (resized).jpgaf921945_1518354724882534_1304826125239225720_n (resized).jpg

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

From Facebook...

#305 6 years ago

There was a cool video showing burn-in they posted too... very exciting to see them shipping...

#306 6 years ago

Anxiously awaiting my email from the Game Exchange to send final payment.
This game is looking amazing.
And that shop is the cleanest ever.

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

O wow even the dome flashers are leds .... i figured you wld be able to customize them at least.

Why do you care? You have your original that we all know is superior in every way and now that you can't make comments about the black out mod you need something else to nit pick about. I just hope their next remake is not a game you own because we'll have to hear it all over again.

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Why do you care? You have your original that we all know is superior in every way and now that you can't make comments about the black out mod you need something else to nit pick about. I just hope their next remake is not a game you own because we'll have to hear it all over again.

Easy there man .... I dont think the original is superior in any way actually. I was just surprised the flashers were like that bc i thought they were still bayonet style. . I have a few friends looking to get one so i like to ask questions for them as they come to me for advice and my thoughts of things. I may even sell mine and own one down the road so i can have a perfect afm.

#309 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I actually still had a question that i asked about the backbox gi going out . Still waiting to hear back from cgc with the details. Its not a huge deal as im just asking questions ...thats it. Not hating on anything by any means

#310 6 years ago

a part of me wishes pinball there weren't so many companies producing. Think I've bought 5 pins this year so far 3 NIB and 2 from private sellers. I already put a down payment on this one and alien. Be cool if the virtual pin could emulate more recent games so I could try them, not a lot of arcades around Houston. Its why I decided to get ironman vault.

#311 6 years ago

Will the dancing Aliens have lite up eyes?

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

Will the dancing Aliens have lite up eyes?

No.

LTG : )

#313 6 years ago

Lets call them martians instead of aliens

#314 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Lets call them martians instead of aliens

You mean those green hopper dudes ?

#315 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You mean those green hopper dudes ?

Indeed...

#316 6 years ago

Yes, please no reference to 'Aliens' in this thread!

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Yes, please no reference to 'Aliens' in this thread!

Bingo!

#318 6 years ago

Just emailed Pinnovators and they said no one from CGC or Planetary has approached them about a headphone jack system.
Is that something you guys may consider or is one already built in the new system that I have just not read about yet?
I have Pinnovators in all my games and would love one in this game as well some day.

#319 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just emailed Pinnovators and they said no one from CGC or Planetary has approached them about a headphone jack system.
Is that something you guys may consider or is one already built in the new system that I have just not read about yet?
I have Pinnovators in all my games and would love one in this game as well some day.

From what I understand, the new beaglebone system has audio out support.
Headphones can be attached to it.

It would be great if CGC would help out with a sketch of a schematic to add headphones to the system.

#320 6 years ago

Any updates on when production will start on the LE's?

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Any updates on when production will start on the LE's?

I was told by my distro that I'm 2/3 the way down on his LE list and it looks like I'll be in the second batch of LEs (after 100 SE, 500LE, and another run of MMr). Is it possible I'm looking at 2018 for my preorder?

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I was told by my distro that I'm 2/3 the way down on his LE list and it looks like I'll be in the second batch of LEs (after 100 SE, 500LE, and another run of MMr). Is it possible I'm looking at 2018 for my preorder?

When did you order? Early after announcement or later?

#323 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

When did you order? Early after announcement or later?

Early, on Saturday March 25th. As soon as it was available for preorder I believe.

#324 6 years ago

When are the lowly "classic" buyers getting theirs?

#325 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Early, on Saturday March 25th. As soon as it was available for preorder I believe.

That's early. Its hard to understand how you ended up 2/3 down the list, enough to miss the first 500 batch.

#326 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That's early. Its hard to understand how you ended up 2/3 down the list, enough to miss the first 500 batch.

That's what I thought as well. I intentionally switched distros this time around (for AFMLE) because I had preordered Ghostbusters Premium on announcement day with my previous distributor and didn't end up getting it until late October (7 months later). It made no sense at all and I didn't want to be in that situation again. Kind of feel like I'm in the same boat now but I honestly don't know how these guys figure out the fulfillment order so I won't complain.

#327 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

That's what I thought as well. I intentionally switched distros this time around (for AFMLE) because I had preordered Ghostbusters Premium on announcement day with my previous distributor and didn't end up getting it until late October (7 months later).

Yah I hope I get mine in the first batch. I hate long waits. 6-12 months of waiting gives me too much time to change my mind.

#328 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yah I hope I get mine in the first batch. I hate long waits. 6-12 months of waiting gives me too much time to change my mind.

That's exactly it. If I'm going to wait for 6 months I would prefer to buy something else and enjoy it versus playing the waiting game and checking my inbox for delivery status, lol.

#329 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

It was actually Friday the 24th, but that still sounds quite early to get bumped to the second shipment. I guess maybe the majority of the orders were from sweaty palmed maniacs like myself anxiously waiting the official 3pm announcement that day

#330 6 years ago

I played the LE a good amount over the weekend. I have no problem admitting that this is better than my original. For all those who are in, congrats. For those on the fence...get one. It's a great game.

#331 6 years ago

I got a chance to put a few games on AFMr this weekend, and I have to say that I was blown away. The lighting on this game really makes it look beautiful. The pictures I've seen on pinside didn't do it justice.

#332 6 years ago

Getting to play the AFMr at RMPS this past weekend, I am 100% happy I got in on LE order, game looks and plays AMAZING!

#333 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I'd cancel my order if I was told I had to wait for 500 MMRE's to be made until I could get my name. Definition of bullshit right there.

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'd cancel my order if I was told I had to wait for 500 MMRE's to be made until I could get my name. Definition of bullshit right there.

It's definitely frustrating. I get that there are people that have been waiting a long time for another run of MMr, but it seems like a strange decision to interrupt your big new rollout with a few months of catch-up.

#335 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Cancelling my order right now doesn't do me any good as I don't know where else I can get in on a first run of these at this point. I'd rather stay the course and wait versus cancelling and being out altogether.

I do wish I knew how distributors worked their preorders though. Is it first come first served? Take care of repeat customers then new orders? I'm sure it varies but I haven't had any luck preordering within 48 hours of release on each of my last two preorders with two different distributors (each well respected and highly recommended distros as well).

The last thing I want to do is cause any negativity around this game as I'm very excited to be in on an LE. My intention is not to badmouth any distros here whatsoever but I was just looking for a timeline on when I may get my game. That said, I'm looking forward to seeing some unboxing pics soon.

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

What else should they do? Those MM orders came in ahead of the AFM ones, so shouldn't they be built first?

#337 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

What else should they do? Those MM orders came in ahead of the AFM ones, so shouldn't they be built first?

They should be built in a second line, or planned better ahead of time.

#338 6 years ago

If your distributor didnt give you a discount and are paying list I would call automated and buy an LE from them. They will get the machine faster than most other distribs and probably give you a disc.

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

game looks and plays AMAZING!

Agree. Game felt solid and looked great. Especially if they are coming with a set of cliffy's like CGC mentioned. Fun playing a brand, spanking new AFM.

#340 6 years ago

Most of the first batch of 500LE's are for MMRLE owners, this would explain why your in the second batch.

#341 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Agree. Game felt solid and looked great. Especially if they are coming with a set of cliffy's like CGC mentioned. Fun playing a brand, spanking new AFM.

It will still need cliffys but will come with a mantis type one on sol scoop which is nice.

#342 6 years ago

My distro confirmed that CGC is sorting out the MMRLE original owners first, regardless of when they pre-ordered. Thumbs down CGC. Nobody else does that. Keeping my fingers crossed I'm in the first shipment but not much else to do but wait it out.

#343 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

My distro confirmed that CGC is sorting out the MMRLE original owners first, regardless of when they pre-ordered. Thumbs down CGC. Nobody else does that. Keeping my fingers crossed I'm in the first shipment but not much else to do but wait it out.

Even though that puts me in the second run of 500 LEs I do think it's pretty cool for those that are loyal to CGC and are taking the plunge on their second LE. Great incentive and reward for loyal customers.

#344 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Even though that puts me in the second run of 500 LEs I do think it's pretty cool for those that are loyal to CGC and are taking the plunge on their second LE. Great incentive and reward for loyal customers.

Originally I was told the only perk was getting the matching number. It is what it is. I have a second hand MMR LE, love it. Would have bought it NIB but I did not have the space for pinball at the time. There's a lot of great stuff coming out. My plan was to get this in 2017 and DI or SW in 2018. If I find out I'm bumped it makes perfect sense to switch things around and pick up a second hand AFMr down the line.

#345 6 years ago

Originally I was told the only perk was getting the matching number. It is what it is. I have a second hand MMR LE, love it. Would have bought it NIB but I did not have the space for pinball at the time. There's a lot of great stuff coming out. My plan was to get this in 2017 and DI or SW in 2018. If I find out I'm bumped it makes perfect sense to switch things around and pick up a second hand AFMr down the line.

I should have asked my buddy who is an owner of a MMRLE to order an AFMRLE for me, lol.

Looks like I'll buy something else for now (while keeping my preorder) and sell something down the road when my number gets called for the balance on AFMRLE.

#346 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

They should be built in a second line, or planned better ahead of time.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#347 6 years ago

It was disclosed at TPF when AFMR was announced that they would run 500 AFMR then switch to 500 MMR before finishing AFMR. Doug openly discussed it at the show so no surprise.

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from ecmurrayf1:

It was disclosed at TPF when AFMR was announced that they would run 500 AFMR then switch to 500 MMR before finishing AFMR. Doug openly discussed it at the show so no surprise.

Yes, I know that. No questions (or surprises) there.

#349 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I should have asked my buddy who is an owner of a MMRLE to order an AFMRLE for me, lol.
Looks like I'll buy something else for now (while keeping my preorder) and sell something down the road when my number gets called for the balance on AFMRLE.

Yeah, I considered doing the same from the guy I bought mine from but didn't want warranty issues down the line... and at the time thought the only bonus was getting your number.

You get a month's notice so that's totally sensible. I may do the same. The LE looks super sweet... it's my #1 want. I get why they are doing it, I know MMR was a LONG wait for many LE owners. I should just reach out and figure out if I'm making the cut and figure out a plan. Cheers.

#350 6 years ago

Yeah, I considered doing the same from the guy I bought mine from but didn't want warranty issues down the line... and at the time thought the only bonus was getting your number.
You get a month's notice so that's totally sensible. I may do the same. The LE looks super sweet... it's my #1 want. I get why they are doing it, I know MMR was a LONG wait for many LE owners. I should just reach out and figure out if I'm making the cut and figure out a plan. Cheers.

Look at it this way. In a few years we will be getting first dibs on our Monster Bash remake LE with matching numbers on our AFMRLE, lol.

Has anyone been able to tell if the adjustable LED lighting can simulate COOL WHITE versus only a bright WARM WHITE in regards to the GI lighting? I'm a huge fan of the cool whites in my pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 64.99
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.